BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> GLORY - OFFICIAL ALBUM RATE
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Addy!
post 14th September 2016, 03:25 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

and I am fancying that Japanese release...I want it now tongue.gif wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
post 15th September 2016, 11:00 AM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

More rates please guys!

+Quote this post
Tyler
post 15th September 2016, 03:45 PM
Post #43
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

10 days left!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 15th September 2016, 04:34 PM
Post #44
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

My rate will come soon! Just need to try and work up the motivation to do some commentary (actually I can't promise that I'll end up doing commentary, haha, but I'd like to think that I'll do it x)

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 19th September 2016, 11:38 AM
Post #45
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

07. Invitation
10. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
04. Private Show
07. Man On The Moon
07.5. Just Luv Me
06. Clumsy
11. Do You Wanna Come Over?
08. Slumber Party
07.Just Like Me
10. Love Me Down
09. Hard To Forget You
05. What You Need
05.5 Better
07. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
10. Liar
08. If I'm Dancing
07. Coupre Electrique
05. Moodring

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 19th September 2016, 01:44 PM
Post #46
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

Most people havent edited their Mood Ring score...

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post 19th September 2016, 04:34 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481

QUOTE(Euphorique @ Sep 19 2016, 02:44 PM) *
Most people havent edited their Mood Ring score...

Still not heard it!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 19th September 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #48
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Sep 8 2016, 06:55 PM) *
09.0 Mood Ring
> I just CAN'T at the idea that this was only a Japanese, bonus track!! It's so gorgeous. So sensual. It reminds me of the sort of thing Tinashe should be doing instead of the stuff she has atm. I think it's definitely more in line with 'Aquarius' than anything she's done this era so far. But hey, her loss is Britney's gain!! wub.gif <
Thanks for the reminder Euphorique! Hahaaaa.

My score and comment for 'Mood Ring' <3

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 19th September 2016, 08:14 PM
Post #49
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

09.0 Invitation
11.0 Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
07.5 Private Show
09.5 Man On The Moon
10.0 Just Luv Me
08.0 Clumsy
10.0 Do You Wanna Come Over?
10.0 Slumber Party
08.0 Just Like Me
10.0 Love Me Down
06.5 Hard To Forget Ya
06.0 What You Need
10.0 Better
10.0 Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
10.0 Liar
10.0 If I'm Dancing
08.0 Coupure Electrique
08.5 Mood Ring

Loon rate alert!

Invitation - The perfect song choice to start proceedings. It sets the tone of what 'Glory' is (mainly) about really effectively - it's smooth, sensual & sexy, like many of the tracks that follow. There's also an ethereal quality to 'Invitation' that is present in the production & the processed chorus vocals. I love her subtle vocal delivery in the verses too. Wonderful!

Make Me - This still stands tall as my ultimate highlight. wub.gif I honestly feel that Britney is at her very best when her vocals are soft & sultry, which is exactly how she sounds here. G-Eazy could easily have been an unnecessary "rent-a-rapper" moment, but his contribution is actually on point, leading the track into its climactic chorus. A very slick song that really deserved to be a bigger hit than it was... it's such a shame that radio were a bit cold towards it. I'm still a bit bewildered by the video treatment it received, but not even that ultimately detracted from how brilliant a song 'Make Me' is. In summary, it makes me moo oooh. x

Private Show - Over the past month I've really gone back and forth with how I feel about this track. Her vocals are a little shrill in certain sections, and I vary from finding that tolerable to annoying. Also, it doesn't really sit very comfortably amongst the tracks that surround it, which can make it seem a bit jarring when listening to the album track by track. On the plus side, 'Private Show' contains some really catchy hooks: "Work it work it boy watch me work it, slide down my pole watch me spin it and twerk it" still amuses me (in a good way)! Ultimately I'd say it's a fun track in isolation, but it doesn't fit in well within this body of work.

Man On The Moon - Such a sweet song. I can really sense the wistfulness in her vocals; I really believe what she's singing, like she's singing from the heart. It actually makes me feel a bit sad (that's not a bad thing, I like when a track taps into my emotions). The steadfast belief that "the one" is out there somewhere is a sentiment that touches me. FYI: I am also waiting for my man on the moon. cry.gif ( laugh.gif )

Just Luv Me - If Team Britney hadn't settled on 'Make Me', this would have been the second best choice. On an album titled 'Glory', this really is a glorious moment. In fact it's a glorious moment in her discography, period - one of her very best slow jams! Hard to describe this, but weirdly her vocals sound laid-back & urgent at the same time! It's a track that is stunning in its simplicity.

Clumsy - Britney takes the tempo up a notch here. It seems to be quite a divisive track amongst the fans, and while I don't regard it as a highlight, it's still enjoyable. Britney simply exclaiming "Oops!" is one of the most memorable moments on the album, I love that as a throwback.

Do You Wanna Come Over? - The album's stand out pop track for me. wub.gif I'm not sure how well it'd fit into today's music scene, but if it was a single I'd certainly consider this as a track that'd be on par with some of her classic hits.

Slumber Party - Definitely another "single worthy" moment and one of the songs I can imagine fitting into radio & Spotify playlists and connecting well with the public. The chorus is a bit of an earworm! Gotta love a Swearney moment too. ;o

Just Like Me - This one gets a bit of an unfair time, I think. It's a nice change of pace. 'Glory' doesn't provide a full-on ballad moment, and 'Just Like Me' is the closest we get to that. It's kind of like a more defiant 'Perfume'... "she can, she can, she can have you". *.*

Love Me Down - One word: banger! More words: incredibly catchy, reggae-infused, wonderfully produced, a ready-for-radio smash.

Hard To Forget Ya - The bridge reminds me of something Mandy Moore would have released in her early days! A repetitive chorus, which I feel is to the song's detriment - the rest of the song leads you to thinking you'll get a more exciting chorus than what is ultimately offered. It's not a song I go back to often, but when I do listen it's enjoyable enough. Not a bad track, just not a particularly exciting one. (I realise "repetitive" as a negative might sound a bit strange considering I'm praising tracks on 'Glory' that are just as repetitive, such as 'Love Me Down'... all I can say is that, simply, sometimes repetitiveness works, sometimes it doesn't!)

What You Need - If I'd got my rate over and done with when the thread went live, I'd have given this track a harsher score - maybe even as low as a 3. I just found it really grating and a bit of a "wtf" ending to the standard track list. However with further listens I've warmed up to it some more, and as Britney says at the end of the track, it's fun. Enough for me to give it a more generous 6. It still sticks out like a sore thumb though, it's a bit like Private Show in that respect.

Better - This song is very 2016, in keeping with DJ Snake / Major Lazer style tracks that is so on trend right now. That's very much a positive for me! The breakdown is glorious. Despite the clear influences, I don't think it's a lazy rip-off - there's still something very "Britney" about it, which lifts it from being generic. I think it sounds like it could be a smash hit single, but unfortunately due to it being a deluxe-only track, the chances of it being a single contender is unlikely.

Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) - The production on this one is so classy, as are Britney's vocals. There's something really mesmerising about this song that keeps me coming back for repeated listens.

Liar - Quite simply a fantastic pop track through and through. Single worthy, and pretty crazy that this was relegated to deluxe track status! The fan mash-up with NSYNC's 'Bye Bye Bye' really highlighted to me how this track could have stood proud amongst her early work!

If I'm Dancing - MAJOR BOP. I adore the barmy instrumental & the equally quirky lyrics, such as: 'he plays sitar, three notes so far...' *.* Plus a healthy dose of Britishney. Superb, and really should be included in the standard track list! Doesn't surprise me how it caught people's imaginations re: those meme videos. The Wendy Williams one is everything!

Coupure Electrique - I know some fans find her accent problematic, but... je ne parle pas français... angel.gif so I can't say that bothers me at all. To be honest I find it commendable that she's pushing herself with experimentation, to the point of recording a track in a different language! It's a really interesting & unique moment on the album, very captivating, and the perfect closer to the deluxe edition (it wouldn't fit anywhere else). I also love that it's a little nod to 'Blackout', her best album. x

Mood Ring - Quite a shame that this was demoted to Japanese-only status! Those lucky Japanese fans; Britney saved a great track to provide extra purchase incentive there. It'd easily slot into the main body of the standard album! "Think I've been here before. I've turned some hearts into stone. And I can't hide it no more." has been stuck in my head ever since it leaked. <3

+Quote this post
post 20th September 2016, 12:33 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Okay, I've started to compile the spreadsheet now, so if/when you change your mood ring score please LET ME KNOW in here. Also, if you make any other changes tell me what they are. Thanks. x

+Quote this post
Tyler
post 22nd September 2016, 05:21 PM
Post #51
Group icon

Omg that review Jay. wub.gif

ALSO PLEASE EDIT IN YOUR SCORES FOR MOODRING. I'll be sending pm's this evening!

+Quote this post
Tyler
post 22nd September 2016, 09:37 PM
Post #52
Group icon

Ok. I messaged everyone that has not updated their score for 'Moodring'.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 23rd September 2016, 04:16 AM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Mac n @ Sep 22 2016, 11:37 PM) *
Ok. I messaged everyone that has not updated their score for 'Moodring'.

I didn't get one tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Tyler
post 23rd September 2016, 08:59 AM
Post #54
Group icon

QUOTE(Addy K!ng @ Sep 23 2016, 12:16 AM) *
I didn't get one tongue.gif

f***. Sorry, I was doing it while falling asleep. I'll re check after my run. heart.gif

+Quote this post
Tyler
post 23rd September 2016, 09:10 AM
Post #55
Group icon

QUOTE(Andr00w @ Sep 8 2016, 12:46 PM) *
08. Invitation
06. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
03. Private Show
05. Man On The Moon
11. Just Luv Me
10. Clumsy
10. Do You Wanna Come Over?
09. Slumber Party
08. Just Like Me
10. Love Me Down
07. Hard To Forget You
02. What You Need
08. Better
10. Liar
03. If I'm Dancing
10. Coupre Electrique
09. Moodring

UPDATED.

+Quote this post
Tyler
post 23rd September 2016, 09:12 AM
Post #56
Group icon

QUOTE(Tyler @ Sep 8 2016, 02:36 PM) *
09. Invitation
-Stunning opener. I live for the breathy runs through out the song, it really makes the song. This is also probably the track with her most processed vocals, but it really adds a lot. My favorite opener after "It's Britney, bitch!"

10. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
- The music video really tried to water down how amazing this track really is, but, I have snapped back. That guitar in the production is absolutely sublime and her falsetto is ON point, never thought we would hear that from again! I'm not usually a fan of rapper features, but, I actually really appreciate G-Eazy's verse.

08.5. Private Show
- Okay, I don't care what they say, I'm in love with you. The "Work it, work it" verses and that ending are so delightfully wacky! Reminds me of the material she was recording for 'The Original Doll'.

10. Man On The Moon
- EUPHORIC! I feel as if this is almost getting lost in the many amazing tracks on 'Glory', but it's amazing and single worthy. It reminds me of a mature take on BTMYH and Lucky.

11. Just Luv Me
- Amazing. Stunning. Perfect. The lyrics, production and flow of the song are just all on point, it's crazy. My favorite thing from her since 'Amnesia'. I need a CLASSIC BRITNEY VIDEO for this! Please! We need an uptempo for the next single, but, this NEEDS to be the third single.

07.5 Clumsy
- This goes between a 7 and 8 very frequently. Love her vocals and adore the "oops". The piano is the main reason this is a 7.5 instead of 7. The breakdown is a bit messy IMO, though.

9.5. Do You Wanna Come Over?
- Living for that guitar and bridge. I've seen some people complain about the male voice, but I think it adds more layers to the song and compliments it well. I also think the male vocals will make this appeal to more than just her usual audience.

08.5. Slumber Party
- Even though I prefer DYWCO, I feel like this would smash it as a second single and open the era up for more than 3 singles. The "ooh ooh ooh" repeated in the chorus ALWAYS gets stuck in my head.

06. Just Like Me
- One of the weakest tracks on the album, it gets lost in all the more superior tracks. I love hearing her stripped down and if I was judging just off verses and the pre-chorus, I would rate it about an 8, but the chorus is just underwhelming. I feel like I finally understand what Jonathan was feeling when he described 'Inside Out'. It does still add a nice change in pace for the album tho.

10. Love Me Down
- This is just one of those songs that refuses to stop growing. The details in the production are FANTASTIC. The 'Fancy' keyboard beat, along with a blissful tropical breeze of orgasm, I mean production. And the "HOOO's" in the background. This is what Pretty Girl's wanted to be.

07. Hard To Forget You
- THE SEVEN IS FOR THAT BRIDGE THAT REMINDS ME OF MANDY MOORE'S, "CANDY". The chorus is a bit to plain for it to be scored any higher though, but if this is filler than LORD HELP.

09. What You Need
- YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. That is all, rip to haters of this song. I'll keep u in my prayers.

05.5. Better
- Meh. If this was on 'Britney Jean' album it would probably get a much higher score. The "ohhh-woahs" in the chorus kind of get on my nerves. Feel free to judge me.

10. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
- The curse of the bonus tracks. This is her 'La Isla Bonita'! The chorus makes me want to run away to Mexico. Idk what I'd do once I got there? Probably twerk and talk shit about Trump.

10. Liar
- f***. This is just so good. It's classic noughties pop! The western tinge really gives it a more modern feel. I feel like this was peeled from the 'Britney' era. wub.gif I'm the guy at the stop light blaring this and making Chris Crocker look sane.

11 10. If I'm Dancing
- This, Just Luv Me and Liar, CONSTANTLY switch out as my fave, though I think JLM is cementing its place. THIS IS AMNESIA'S LESS INNOCENT SISTER ON MOLLY. This would be my perfect choice as single 2, followed by JLM, Liar, MOTM and DYWCO. Idk, I love this album way too much. Jk, that's impossible.

08. Coupre Electrique
- Amazing closer, fantastic tribute to 'Blackout'. The remixes coming out for this are STELLAR.
08.5 Moodring

OVERALL SCORE: 8.798

In comparison 'Blackout' is still my #1 album with an overall score of, 8.958, while 'In The Zone' has been moved down a notch to #3 with an average score of 8.522. There is a bit of a drop between that and my fourth fave (FF) which averages out at 7.791.

Lowest is BJ at 5.847.

UPDATED

+Quote this post
Regina
post 23rd September 2016, 09:59 AM
Post #57
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Edited my Mood Ring score in.

+Quote this post
lotita
post 23rd September 2016, 03:48 PM
Post #58
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

09. Invitation
10. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
07. Private Show
09. Man On The Moon
07. Just Luv Me
09. Clumsy
10. Do You Wanna Come Over?
07. Slumber Party
08. Just Like Me
08. Love Me Down
09. Hard To Forget You
09. What You Need
06. Better
11. Liar
09. If I'm Dancing
07. Coupre Electrique
08. Moodring

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 23rd September 2016, 04:24 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Mac n @ Sep 23 2016, 10:59 AM) *
f***. Sorry, I was doing it while falling asleep. I'll re check after my run. heart.gif

No worries, I've updated mine wink.gif

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post 23rd September 2016, 04:34 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481

Where can I listen to it? unsure.gif

+Quote this post