BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
24 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emmerdale
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Kath
post Dec 20 2016, 07:59 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,980
   No Gallery Pics

Previous thread: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136016

-x-

Nothing will come close to the excellence of Emmerdale tonight. The alternative characters, the little details, pictures blanked out, but especially the fantastic John Middleton giving the performance of a lifetime. This wasn't just great acting in a soap - just great acting. Period!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Dec 20 2016, 08:29 PM
Post #2
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

It was really superb, an outstanding episode which deserves to sweep up every award it's eligible for. John Middleton shone as always and the addition of the alternative characters was a great twist, it clicked with me not long before the reveal that the lady who took care of him had a striking resemblance to Laurel!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 20 2016, 08:48 PM
Post #3
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

That has to win the single episode soap award, and John Middleton should easily win best actor. It was astoundingly done, all the small touches like the alternative versions of characters and the way that we saw their reflections so it showed that they were familiar people to Ashley who he was seeing differently.

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Dec 20 2016, 09:10 PM
Post #4
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

It was amazingly well done I really want the guy who plays Ashley to win best actor and them to win best single episode amazing all round!

+Quote Post
Mikee1981
post Dec 21 2016, 08:56 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 5,484
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not usually an Emmerdale watcher(I've dipped in and out) but I had heard about this episode so watched it and it was so heartbreaking I was in bits, My Nanna is currently going through the stages of dementia and this insight into what she is going through really hit it home, its not just heartbreaking and distressing for us the family but also for her, we know she like Ashley showed is going back to things from the past that she recalls, she is going way back bout 60 years and suffering remembering miscarriages she had, my mum who is the main carer and has always been there with my nanna for years and years is suffering as being the one who is closest getting the abuse really, it kills me to see it but you really just have to be strong, this storyline and episode is really good and glad it is showing it in the way it is but that episode really blew my mind and was so brave of them to do it the way they did but was genius.

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Dec 21 2016, 08:39 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

I mean, I don't think I've ever seen anything like that done ever in any tv show or film? It was absolutely incredible and it deserves every single award going.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Dec 22 2016, 03:17 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I echo the sentiment that Tuesday's episode should be up for some awards! It was innovative and artsy but not at all pretentious; it really put you in Ashley's perspective and allowed you to gain some sort of understanding of dementia. It's quite challenging to do that in a "show, not tell" fashion and in a natural way, but it worked perfectly. The scenes with Ashley and 'Laurel' were highly emotional - even though it wasn't actual Laurel we were seeing, it had the same impact as if it was. There was a brief snippet of happiness at the end when Ashley recognised Laurel and the face we knew returned, until the inevitable happened and Ashley forgets and says "who's Laurel?". The look on her face said it all. It would be a rinse and repeat of this, getting progressively worse, until the end, and Laurel seemed to acknowledge the fact that the person she saw in front of her was no longer the Ashley she knew. Utterly heartbreaking stuff and I send huge praise to John Middleton and Charlotte Bellamy.

It feels like producer Iain MacLeod has taken the best elements of Hollyoaks and injected them into Emmerdale - the production and the perspective of that episode felt very much like a Hollyoaks idea, which is one of the few things I can praise that soap for at the moment.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Dec 22 2016, 03:43 PM
Post #8
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Its lasted for nearly 10 years but the first Buzzjack thread for all things Emmerdale has reached the maximum 1,000 posts so its time to start anew with a second thread. It means the thread is finally created by a member that actually exists! laugh.gif

Lets see if we can get to those 1,000 posts quicker this time round and what better way to start with one of the most critically acclaimed soap episodes!

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Dec 22 2016, 03:56 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Idol

I intend to start regularly watching Emmerdale again so, in turn, I hope to start coming to this thread more often! There's clearly a community of die-hard Emmerdale fans and casual fans alike, so it'll be great to see that thrive!

+Quote Post
Kath
post Dec 22 2016, 11:05 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Dec 22 2016, 03:56 PM) *
I intend to start regularly watching Emmerdale again so, in turn, I hope to start coming to this thread more often! There's clearly a community of die-hard Emmerdale fans and casual fans alike, so it'll be great to see that thrive!

At work - its always 'did you see Emmerdale last night?' Not Corrie or EE - just Emmerdale - and this is people of all ages (actually mainly young people - I'm the oldest - I remember the days when the biggest drama was Jack, Joe and Matt not coming back early enough for Sunday lunch and Annie would get her corsets in a twist!)

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Dec 22 2016, 11:10 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Moira and Pete. For the love of GOD. puke.gif

+Quote Post
Kath
post Dec 22 2016, 11:16 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(jase. @ Dec 22 2016, 11:10 PM) *
Moira and Pete. For the love of GOD. puke.gif

It is a little ... what should we say? Why? Why - FTLOG - when Cain is there for the taking?

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Dec 25 2016, 06:10 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Idol

"Oh because of the wishbone!" Loved that little reference to last Christmas! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Dec 25 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I'm glad they didn't go down the extremely unrealistic route of Lisa falling back into Zak's arms just because he's finished with Joanie.

Seeing tiny glimpses of the old Ashley tonight was also absolutely lovely.

This post has been edited by jase.: Dec 25 2016, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Dec 25 2016, 08:38 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Idol

I liked that too. I do like Zak and his relationship with Lisa was one of the most natural and genuine in soap, but you cannot condone his actions and Lisa was right to put him in his place. It would be completely preposterous for Lisa to take him back and, even if he didn't intend it to appear this way, it was selfish of Zak to just assume she would do and be able to put aside all the bad feeling he essentially put on her.

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Dec 30 2016, 07:51 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I'm getting tired of Kerry's self-destructive ways. It doesn't seem like it's even leading to anything.. unsure.gif

I could honestly just watch a 30 minute episode of Jimmy and Nicola arguing. They're hilarious laugh.gif

This post has been edited by jase.: Dec 30 2016, 07:51 PM

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Jan 3 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I wonder if it'll be just me talking to myself in this thread laugh.gif

I'm not sure where they're going with the whole Finn/Kasim thing unsure.gif

We all knew Lisa and Zak would end up back together and I'm still pissed Kate Oates split them up in the first place. They should have remained the Roy/Hayley + Mick/Linda of Soapland without the tacky affair nonsense.

This post has been edited by jase.: Jan 3 2017, 10:42 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 3 2017, 10:49 PM
Post #18
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

I couldn't agree more about Zak and Lisa. I feel like I keep slagging off Kate Oates on here nowadays but it really does sum her up perfectly. Nothing is sacred, no golden couple, she'll just come in and make them have an affair because she has some sort of fetish for sensationalised affairs. It feels like Iain MacLeod is patching up the huge mistakes she made!

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Jan 10 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Zak and Lisa should have never been split up, i would have understood if Zak simply kissed Joanie and realised his mistake but anything beyond that was stupid. I am sure Zak and Lisa will now get back together. Zak and Joanie never ever worked.

In general i thought Kate Oates did a good job on Emmerdale but Iain MacLeod is also doing a great job, he is doing previous stories justice but also fixing some of Kates mistakes, ie Zak and Lisa splitting and also Cain and Charity affair, i like how he has brought this almost full circle in getting the couples closer to each other. The work on the Ashley storyline is immense, both producers deserve credit here and the acting and scripts are superb for this storyline. I think this is been one of the best handled storylines in soap (any soap) for a very very long time and i really hope Ashley dies naturally as anything else would be an injustice to the fantastic work so far.

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Mar 7 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Anybody watching?

It's good at the minute. Aaron's prison ordeal is absolutely harrowing to watch but Danny, as always, is playing it to perfection.

I'm struggling to find an episode where Charity appears when she doesn't make me piss myself laughing rotf.gif

+Quote Post

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:09 PM