BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Burn writing credits?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Voodoo
post Jan 9 2021, 08:39 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829
QUOTE(jsweetxe @ Jan 9 2021, 03:11 PM) *
It's not.

Burn was written by Ryan Tedder his OneRepublic bandmate, then Ellie recorded her vocal- then it was left for a while. So I'm guessing Leona's team got ahold of it in that time, but then didn't use it, so then Greg Kurstin and Ellie got ahold of it again and used it.

That's different to Max Martin and Co. writing a song intended for Demi Lovato and then getting Ellie on it.

AAAAAND like I said, there's a myriad of different things that could play a part in song credits. A singer SHOULD get credit if they change anything, doesn't mean they always do, Ellie wasn't that big back then, she probably didn't have a deal that was strong enough to get her credit on such a massive song. Who knows. Again speculation, but based upon the huge success of Burn + the album, said deal was probably changed for Delirium, so that she was the main writer and received credit regardless.
My main issue with this thread was the Beyoncé slander like I said, and my main point was to just let you guys know that it isn't so black and white when it comes to writing, vocals and being credited.

Please back up your claims with sources and receipts.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Bjork
post Jan 10 2021, 08:00 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
how do you know Beyonce has something to do with her songs? love how people have direct access to Beyonce's brain ohmy.gif
I think it's pretty clear that her songs are other people's songs or from songwriters camps especially for hers
basically she buys and has a deal that her name2 has to be added no matter what

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jan 10 2021, 11:50 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
Burn was given to and recorded by Leona before Ellie got her hands on it and the recording sounds exactly the same so the argument about vocal arrangement is so not true at all. Pretty much every artist uses their own vocal arrangement and style look at Britney with her (ugh ugh ughs) in her songs very unique to her but she doesn’t have writing credits.

+Quote this post
Frawdree
post Jan 14 2021, 12:39 PM
Post #24
Group icon
New Entry
User: 113,379
I’m just documenting the ways that jsweetxe believes that song credits are and aren’t earned and how Burn and LMLYD compares:

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Jan 20 2021, 11:47 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
I'll never get over 'lights' being her biggest hit in the USA and not making a dent in the UK.

+Quote this post
Frawdree
post Jan 21 2021, 05:51 PM
Post #26
Group icon
New Entry
Seems unrelated but okay.

+Quote this post
Frawdree
post Feb 25 2021, 10:21 PM
Post #27
Group icon
New Entry
CDM: Excluding your cover of 'Your Song', 'Burn' was your very first single to be released that wasn't a song that was specifically written for you originally. What was it about the song that made you really want it to be a single for you?
ELLIE: I just loved it. He [Ryan Tedder] sent me a bunch of stuff and then he sent me this song, and as you know I never usually do songs that aren't mine, but I knew that I could work with that song, I knew that it was special. I don't know whether it's instinctive or whatever, but that song I just connected with even though I hadn't initially written it. I changed it up and sang it and it just became my song! It was sweet.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:40 AM