BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Leigh-Anne Signs with Tap Music for Solo Projects, MusicWeek reports they will work w/Modest as well.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Perriechu
post Mar 9 2021, 08:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 109,885
Pretty interesting! https://www.musicweek.com/management/read/t...o-career/082789

Looks like the girls may very well be doing the Take That/Migos route, either with them disbanding and then coming back together further down the line or staying together as "Little Mix" and releasing new music and then having solo endeavours.

They really do seem committed to Little Mix and I'm guessing at this point RCA/Modest might be a bit more lenient and let them explore more options outside of just being in the group? Seems like the best of both worlds, being able to have the girls explore their own sound and music creatively and then coming back to Little Mix for their own music.

Exciting!

Thoughts?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 9 2021, 09:08 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Interested to see how this all plays out for them and whether it'll work. I'm hoping it does and we get new LM material every couple of years or so, but also having their own things to follow.

I just can't gauge how it's going to work because I'm so used to groups just disbanding, splitting or going on "hiatus" forever. laugh.gif

But excited none the less. Especially for solo Jade or Leigh wub.gif

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Mar 9 2021, 09:11 PM
Post #3
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
Leigh is probably the one I’m most excited for solo-music wise as I know how much she loves her ballads- give us some ballad bangers sis

+Quote this post
Slayer
post Mar 9 2021, 11:30 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499
Honestly, i'm excited for whatever is to come for these girls! <3

I'd love if they took the Take That route and always stayed together but did their own things too and make albums every few years! We'd be so spoiled having LM albums and solo music from all the girls or whatever other solo projects they decide to do!

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Mar 10 2021, 11:04 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
Well that's interesting! I'd be happy if they all decided to drop solo work, as long as we do get those LM albums every now and then. I'll support them all.

+Quote this post
giannyorfino
post Mar 10 2021, 11:19 AM
Post #6
Group icon
G.O
User: 85,830
Blackpink is releasing both group records and solo stuffs and they are still going strong, without their fanbase panicking, so i'm sure Little Mix can do the same.

This post has been edited by sjadeupdate: Mar 10 2021, 11:20 AM

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post Mar 10 2021, 11:26 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 109,885
QUOTE(sjadeupdate @ Mar 10 2021, 11:19 AM) *
Blackpink is releasing both group records and solo stuffs and they are still going strong, without their fanbase panicking, so i'm sure Little Mix can do the same.

that's how k-pop groups work though- so it's nothing out of the ordinary for their stans.

western groups, especially commercial pop groups, have always been told that only 1 path is available to them and that's releasing music as a group and then breaking up, but Little Mix is easily one of the most successful "brands" in recent memory, so it's nice that they're reshaping the landscape for what musical groups can accomplish and do, especially girl groups.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post Mar 10 2021, 12:05 PM
Post #8
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764
TaP as in Dua and Lana's management? That's pretty huge for her.

+Quote this post
caseclosed
post Mar 10 2021, 12:31 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 23,311
QUOTE(k👠th @ Mar 10 2021, 12:05 PM) *
TaP as in Dua and Lana's management? That's pretty huge for her.

Yep! I was so shocked too, especially as I thought they'd all remain with Modest for solo projects, hopefully Jade and Perrie venture out of there too, they all have so much potential.

+Quote this post
starbaker
post Mar 10 2021, 02:31 PM
Post #10
Group icon
New Entry
User: 120,551
hiiiii, super long time lurker! so so excited for Leigh, she's so deserving of it!

also, i was on tap music's twitter and I saw that they did like a tweet of jade back when The Search was going on. Almost definitely means nothing, i'm sure, but maybe we'll get announcements for Jade and Perrie in the coming weeks, even if it is with a different management company! i'm so glad they're at a point in their careers where they can start doing passion projects.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 10 2021, 03:08 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
QUOTE(doejane @ Mar 10 2021, 02:31 PM) *
hiiiii, super long time lurker! so so excited for Leigh, she's so deserving of it!

also, i was on tap music's twitter and I saw that they did like a tweet of jade back when The Search was going on. Almost definitely means nothing, i'm sure, but maybe we'll get announcements for Jade and Perrie in the coming weeks, even if it is with a different management company! i'm so glad they're at a point in their careers where they can start doing passion projects.
Helloooo and welcome!! Thank you for actually joining wub.gif I hope you're right in regards to Jade and Perrie. wub.gif

Going back to an earlier post.. I guess the BLACKPINK situation can be considered very similar, despite that being the norm for K-Pop groups, it's really interesting to see if a Western group CAN do that too. Very excited about whatever is next.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Mar 11 2021, 05:56 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
Omg this is kinda scary for the future of the band with how things normally go when this happens to bands

+Quote this post
Slayer
post Mar 13 2021, 09:34 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Leigh will be on a podcast next with Callum, who does a lot of their photography! I believe he is the one who filmed/directed the Wasabi video and the LM5 Tour Film!

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post Mar 14 2021, 12:03 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179
Tbh Migos is perfect example of a current group were each member goes off to do solo projects but then comes back to the group for music . I feel like this will be the case with the girls also !

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: Mar 14 2021, 12:04 PM

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Mar 15 2021, 02:59 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
QUOTE(Slayer @ Mar 9 2021, 11:30 PM) *
Honestly, i'm excited for whatever is to come for these girls! <3

I'd love if they took the Take That route and always stayed together but did their own things too and make albums every few years! We'd be so spoiled having LM albums and solo music from all the girls or whatever other solo projects they decide to do!

I'd like that too and as we have seen with Take That it can work.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post Mar 15 2021, 02:55 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Leigh didn't say too much in the podcast, apart from the usual.

Leigh said she'll get married in a few years in Jamaica.

She kind of ignored the question of what would happen with the band if she had a baby.

She said she'd like to do a lot more films.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:29 AM