BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Norway (Melodi Grand Prix) · Eurovision Song Contest 2021, TIX - Fallen Angel
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 10th February 2021, 10:58 AM
Post #41
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
As far as I'm aware it's pretty much as Lex's post at the top of the last page goes, the TIX song is doing by far the best on Spotify and is the sort of thing that a Norwegian audience eats up, and it'll come down to whether the Norwegians sober up enough to choose KEiiNO over it, as the latter would surely do far better on an international scale.

They tend to have a good track record of picking what's best for Eurovision when it comes down to it, but I'd still call TIX the slight favourite over 'Monument'.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 10th February 2021, 11:22 AM
Post #42
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
The results come down to a 100% public vote this year which worries me as I feel like juries would help to drag TIX down...also hoping that Rein Alexander has something incredible up his sleeve, hopefully there's a good reason they've saved his song until last.

But I'm also with Thom in hoping that Big Daddy smashes the second chance and steals the overall victory, his song just brings so much joy. Either him or "My Life is Okay" to win the wildcard spot pls.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 10th February 2021, 11:35 AM
Post #43
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
My Life Is Ok was my least favourite of everything in every heat, but Big Daddy Karsten's song is very jolly, catchy and fun, and a subject that's never been mentioned at Eurovision so I wouldn't be against him winning, though I don't see it.

Monument is great, I'd love to see it win. But I wouldn't be at all surprised at it not doing so as it's 100% public vote.

I'm not really taking too much from what's doing well on Spotify as I guess a lot of the older MGP viewers are unlikely to vote for TIX.

I take it Hero has no chance though? Many countries would kill for a song and performance like that but it doesn't seem to have much hope.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 10th February 2021, 11:41 AM
Post #44
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
I'm expecting Raylee to get a top 4 finish but the FAQs for the 2021 contest say that water can't be used in the live-on-tape recordings so I don't see any point in her winning if she'd have to cut out/change the best moment of her performance sad.gif

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 10th February 2021, 11:42 AM
Post #45
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
I really like Ut Av Morket! Though I keep hearing Wham's Last Christmas in it laugh.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 11th February 2021, 01:33 PM
Post #46
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
"One Last Time" it ain't sadly

Throwing my support 100% behind KEiiNO now, it's grown loads on repeated plays and although I find it slightly annoying that they might re-send their 2019 act rather than automatically select Ulrikke, it would be far and away my favourite entry selected so far.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 13th February 2021, 06:02 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Tix will be signing in English for the final! Tbh I think I'd rather he left it, but not keen on the song itself either way really

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 13th February 2021, 09:57 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Hello?
The song that went through tonight could do really well in Eurovision. I wonder if it’s a late dark horse contender?

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 14th February 2021, 02:09 PM
Post #49
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
So disappointed in Rein Alexander's entry this year, had this come first I'd be stanning but after the thunder and gloria of 'One Last Time' it falls very flat.

Has to be KEiiNO or Raylee for me (although the basic OGAE gay in me loves Kaja Rode's entry too but that would be a terrible choice).

Also this was robbed last night

+Quote this post
LexC
post 14th February 2021, 03:40 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
I'm crossing all available limbs for KEiiNO to get the win over TIX (realistically it's those two as the main contenders) but doing the psychological preparation for this to be a Michal Szpak situation. If it were Sweden then I'd weirdly feel more confident that this is a case of "okay we've had our fun in the heats and got a few domestic hits, now lets be serious and vote for what's going to do the best to a foreign audience" but I'm not sure how much that attitude travels across scandinavia.

Will be such a shame to throw away multiple options for a potential top 10 result to send a borderline qualifier.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 14th February 2021, 04:58 PM
Post #51
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
Norway are the last to pick their artist for the second half of semi 1 and everyone else are female vocalists at the moment (Sweden is shook) so maybe TIX would be a good shout to stand out, his perf is certainly more memorable than KEiiNO's from the heats.

Basically TIX needs to win me over with the English version, or, far more preferably, KEiiNO need to up their staging game.

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 15th February 2021, 09:09 PM
Post #52
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946
Second chance round in Norway, you can vote internationally, so don’t forget to vote for Smile biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Doug
post 15th February 2021, 09:16 PM
Post #53
Group icon
I can't help that I need it all...
User: 9,410
QUOTE(Thom Big Daddy K @ Feb 15 2021, 09:09 PM) *
Second chance round in Norway, you can vote internationally, so don’t forget to vote for Smile biggrin.gif

Please tell me how Thom! I tried to find out how to vote and failed sad.gif
Edit: dm I found out how!! Casted my votes

This post has been edited by Doug: 15th February 2021, 09:29 PM

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 15th February 2021, 10:18 PM
Post #54
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946
Glad you worked it out OK, the show was a bit of an anti-climax, Jørn got the wildcard and they called him on Skype to tell him laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Colm
post 16th February 2021, 08:27 AM
Post #55
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
User: 9,885
This is fa more interesting than Sweden for me.

Tix, Tayler and KEiiNO are quality songs.

+Quote this post
LexC
post 16th February 2021, 04:24 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
Running order for Saturday. All songs will be performed in English after the two automatic qualifiers switched languages for the final. Overall though this is the strongest Norwegian final I've seen in a long time - the worst songs of this bunch being dull but competent rather than actively terrible.

1. Atle Pettersen - World On Fire
2. Raylee - Hero
3. Stavangerkameratene - Who I Am
4. KIIM - My Lonely Voice
5. Blåsemafian feat. Hazel - Let Loose
6. Emmy - Witch Woods
7. TIX - Fallen Angel
8. Kaja Rode - Feel Again
9. Rein Alexander - Eyes Wide Open
10. IMERIKA - I Can't Escape
11. KEiiNO - Monument
12. Jorn - Faith Bloody Faith

Four songs out of 12 go through to the superfinal and then after another round of voting the top two go on to a "gold duel" - last year however the online voting system crashed so there's a backup jury in case history repeats itself!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 17th February 2021, 02:19 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245
QUOTE(LexC @ Feb 16 2021, 05:24 PM) *
Running order for Saturday. All songs will be performed in English after the two automatic qualifiers switched languages for the final. Overall though this is the strongest Norwegian final I've seen in a long time - the worst songs of this bunch being dull but competent rather than actively terrible.

1. Atle Pettersen - World On Fire
2. Raylee - Hero

3. Stavangerkameratene - Who I Am
4. KIIM - My Lonely Voice
5. Blåsemafian feat. Hazel - Let Loose
6. Emmy - Witch Woods

7. TIX - Fallen Angel
8. Kaja Rode - Feel Again
9. Rein Alexander - Eyes Wide Open
10. IMERIKA - I Can't Escape
11. KEiiNO - Monument
12. Jorn - Faith Bloody Faith

Four songs out of 12 go through to the superfinal and then after another round of voting the top two go on to a "gold duel" - last year however the online voting system crashed so there's a backup jury in case history repeats itself!

This is actually my first year watching MGP or paying any attention to it. I've been a Melfest Fan for forever so went in with high expectations. They weren't met, but not far off.
The bolded above are my favorites for the final, it's a strong final, but mostly because of the Gold Pass(es) for each round. Honestly I just see it being between KEiiNO, Raylee and TIX perhaps.
Atle's song is fantastic, but the performance was so lackluster.

For the heats I watched (I haven't been back since Melfest started), Playing with Fire, Faith Bloody Faith and Smile were all very good and exceeded my expectations. Even Elevate and My Life Is OK and Psycho were okay. The problem I found were either the songs were great but the song didn't suit the artist, or the artists were talented but had awful songs.

I'm not exactly sure what happens next. How does the Final work? Doesn't sound overly straightforward.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 17th February 2021, 02:20 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 18th February 2021, 12:46 AM
Post #58
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363
Quite weird to see My Lonely Voice being slept on despite it gives me similar vibes to Duncan Laurence's winning song Arcade, and to some extent Gjon's Tears's Repondez-moi as well. It sounds like a dark horse to me, but maybe we are gradually seeing a shift from ballads to bangers as favourites in the recent and future few years of Eurovision to come.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 20th February 2021, 10:56 AM
Post #59
Group icon
Hello?
I think basically whoever wins here will go straight to the top of my current ranking, probably the strongest MGP final in over a decade!

I'm rooting for KEiiNO, but TIX may prove to be too big a hurdle to overcome on televote only scoring. Fallen Angel is great too though, I just can't imagine it being particularly competitive for Norway in Rotterdam.

Hero and I Can't Escape are both wonderful too, one of those many cases where I wish a country could send multiple entries!

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 20th February 2021, 07:03 PM
Post #60
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
Choosing this over Melfest tonight to root for KEIINO and/or Raylee!

I never thought I’d see the day I BOPPED to Attention! Come through with that dance break down!

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:31 AM