BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> REVIEW: Now That's What I Call Music! 57, Released 5th April 2004 | 44 Tracks | 8 #1 Singles
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Now That's What I Call Music! 57 Ratings
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 26
Guests cannot vote 
awardinary
post 3rd September 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Images

Advert

Details
Released: 5th April 2004
Origin: United Kingdom
Label: Virgin / EMI / Universal
Format: Double CD, Double Cassette
Duration: 2:37:44 (157 minutes 44 seconds)
Tracks: 44
#1’s: 8
Chart Peak: #1 (8 weeks)
Sales: 895,000 (3x Platinum)
    Tracklisting
1. Britney Spears – Toxic 3:20 {1}
2. Kelis – Milkshake 3:03 {2}
3. Jamelia – Thank You 3:08 {3}
4. Kylie Minogue – Red Blooded Woman 4:20 {5}
5. Justin Timberlake – I'm Lovin' It 3:40 {DNC}
6. Enrique Iglesias feat. Kelis – Not In Love 3:42 {5}
7. The Black Eyed Peas – Shut Up 3:46 {2}
8. 2 Play feat. Raghav & Jucxi – So Confused 3:12 {6}
9. Beenie Man feat. Ms. Thing – Dude 3:32 {7}
10. Peter Andre – Mysterious Girl 3:38 {1}
11. DJ Casper – Cha Cha Slide 3:41 {1}
12. Girls Aloud – Jump 3:40 {2}
13. Boogie Pimps – Somebody To Love 2:58 {3}
14. Atomic Kitten feat. Kool & The Gang – Ladies Night 3:06 {8}
15. Emma – I'll Be There 3:24 {7}
16. Sophie Ellis-Bextor – I Won't Change You 3:40 {9}
17. Scissor Sisters – Comfortably Numb 4:27 {10}
18. Deepest Blue – Give It Away 3:34 {9}
19. LMC vs. U2 – Take Me To The Clouds Above 2:49 {1}
20. Special D – Come With Me 2:39 {6}
21. Ultrabeat – Feelin' Fine 3:02 {12}
22. Motorcycle – As The Rush Comes 3:31 {11}
23. Ferry Corsten – Rock Your Body Rock 3:01 {11}
24. Will Young – Leave Right Now 3:32 {1}
25. Katie Melua – The Closest Thing To Crazy 4:14 {10}
26. Norah Jones – Sunrise 3:20 {30}
27. Blue – Breathe Easy 3:41 {4}
28. Kelly Osbourne feat. Ozzy Osbourne – Changes 4:09 {1}
29. Blink-182 – I Miss You 3:49 {8}
30. Busted – Who's David 3:31 {1}
31. Fountains Of Wayne – Stacy's Mom 3:17 {11}
32. Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out 3:25 {3}
33. Alistair Griffin – Bring It On 3:04 {5}
34. Sugababes – Too Lost In You 3:59 {10}
35. VS – Love You Like Mad 3:29 {7}
36. Joss Stone – Fell In Love With A Boy 2:54 {18}
37. FYA feat. Smujji – Must Be Love 3:53 {13}
38. N.E.R.D – She Wants To Move 3:33 {5}
39. Jamie Cullum – Frontin' (Live) 3:59 {12}
40. Keane – Somewhere Only We Know 3:57 {3}
41. Snow Patrol – Run 4:21 {5}
42. Alex Parks – Maybe That's What It Takes 3:54 {3}
43. Ronan Keating – She Believes (In Me) 4:08 {2}
44. Michelle – All This Time 4:20 {1}

Key
Tracks highlighted red were official UK #1’s.
Tracks with an asterisk (*) next to their title have also been included in special releases from the series.
The track duration has been highlighted cyan.
Bracketed numbers refer to highest chart position reached.
{DNC} = Did Not Chart
    Miscellaneous Facts
Track Most Weeks At #1: Michelle – All This Time (3 weeks)
Lowest Charting Track: Justin Timberlake – I'm Lovin' It {DNC}
Longest Song: Scissor Sisters – Comfortably Numb 4:27
Shortest Song: Special D – Come With Me 2:39
Edited Tracks: Unknown
Unedited Tracks: Unknown
Inlay Mistakes: None
Other Facts: This volume sold 334,345 units in the first week of sales, and at the time of it's release it was the fastest selling record of the 21st century. That impressive record would later be snatched by another volume from the series in 2008.
    On This Day In History
No music news to report for 5th April 2004.
    Other Resources
Official Now Music Website
Wikipedia
Everyhit
Brandt Animation Archive
Now 57 Rate
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 3rd September 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon

Andrew's Review
Now That's What I Call Music! 57 or Now 57 was a very popular volume at the time of release, selling more first-week units than any other record in the 21st century up to that time. It was released in the Spring of 2004 and it featured 44 tracks with 8 UK #1's. This volume gave us a first chance to hear from the likes of 2 Play, Scissor Sisters, Pop Idol 2002 winner Will Young, Katie Melua, Franz Ferdinand, VS, Joss Stone, N.E.R.D, Keane and Snow Patrol.

A total of 4 UK #1 singles were omitted from this volume and they included Busted – Crashed The Wedding, which was overlooked for another #1 single. Westlife had another #1 single omitted which was a cover of the Barry Manilow hit Mandy. The other #1 omissions were from Pop Idol finalists Sam & Mark and Usher featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris. Some other omissions from this era came from the likes of George Michael, Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Lopez, Beyoncι, 50 Cent, Lemar, Shane Richie and Maroon 5 just to name a handful.

This volume would be the only one in the series to feature DJ Casper, Boogie Pimps, LMC, Special D, Motorcycle, Ferry Corsten, Norah Jones, Kelly Osbourne, Fountains Of Wayne, Alistair Griffin, FYA, Jamie Cullum, Fame Academy 2003 winner Alex Parks and Pop Idol 2003 winner Michelle.

Artwork Rating: 7/10 Very Good
This was the first notable volume which incorporated multi-coloured items surrounding the logo. It was fitting that a Spring release would have an Easter theme, and that's just what this volume shows with shiny, stripy Easter eggs. Sadly, this idea of plastering the artwork with multiple multi-coloured things would continue indefinitely.

Disc 1 Favourite: Britney Spears – Toxic
The best song Britney ever made in my opinion. It's one of her standout singles, and she made it one of her signature hits. Never gets old, and it's recent appearance in a viral mashup with Taylor Swift really proved what a giant of a hit it was and still is.

Disc 2 Favourite: Snow Patrol – Run
The first song I ever discovered from this band, it was tremendously covered by Leona Lewis some years later, but this original version is still very much a stellar single. It inspired me to purchase the album at the time.

Disc 3 Tracklist:
(A concept of what a third disc might look like if other hits from the era were used)

1. Usher feat. Lil Jon & Ludacris – Yeah 4:10 {1}
2. Britney Spears feat. Madonna – Me Against The Music 3:44 {2}
3. Beyoncι feat. Sean Paul – Baby Boy 4:04 {2}
4. Victoria Beckham – This Groove 3:37 {3}
5. Jennifer Lopez – Baby I Love U! 4:28 {3}
6. George Michael – Amazing 4:25 {4}
7. Shane Richie – I'm Your Man 3:35 {2}
8. Basement Jaxx feat. Lisa Kekaula – Good Luck 3:31 {12}
9. Jaimeson feat. Angel Blu & CK – Take Control 3:07 {16}
10. Mr. On vs. The Jungle Brothers – Breathe Don't Stop 3:34 {21}
11. Outkast feat. Sleepy Brown – The Way You Move 3:56 {7}
12. 50 Cent – P.I.M.P. 4:09 {5}
13. Lemar – 50/50 3:24 {5}
14. Blue feat. Stevie Wonder & Angie Stone – Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours 3:33 {11}
15. Sam & Mark – With A Little Help From My Friends 3:08 {1}
16. Busted – Crashed The Wedding 2:39 {1}
17. Maroon 5 – Harder To Breathe 2:53 {13}
18. No Doubt – It's My Life 3:45 {17}
19. D-Side – Real World 4:37 {9}
20. Christina Aguilera – The Voice Within 4:23 {9}
21. Evanescence – My Immortal 4:24 {7}
----------
Total time: 1:19:06

Overall Rating: 8/10 Extremely Good
For me, 2004 was one of the worst years in music, yet, this volume is markedly better than the rest of this year, and maybe that's because it still contained some music from the back end of 2003. I'm especially pleased for the quantity of tracks as well as the 8 UK #1 singles that featured too. Certainly, there are one or two additions that would have made this an amazing volume for me, such as Usher, Shane Richie or Busted's other #1 single. I'm also still very curious what made them want to include a live version from Jamie Cullum of a cover of a song which was a hit by Pharrell just a few months previously. I don't think another live version of any song has featured in the series since this volume. However, I'm still very pleased with the outcome and he broad selection of genres that feature.

Andrew's Best 5 (as of September 2017)
1. Britney Spears – Toxic
2. Boogie Pimps – Somebody To Love
3. LMC vs. U2 – Take Me To The Clouds Above
4. Snow Patrol – Run
5. Ultrabeat – Feelin' Fine

Andrew's Worst 5 (as of September 2017)
1. Norah Jones – Sunrise
2. Jamie Cullum – Frontin' (Live)
3. Peter Andre – Mysterious Girl
4. Blue – Breathe Easy
5. VS – Love You Like Mad

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 3rd September 2017, 11:08 PM
Post #3
Group icon

Other Omissions
Westlife – Mandy {1}
The Darkness – Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) {2}
Westlife – Obvious {3}
Will Young – Your Game {3}
Gareth Gates – Say It Isn't So {4}
Cliff Richard – Santa's List {5}
Michael Jackson – One More Chance {5}
Stereophonics – Moviestar {5}
The Darkness – Love Is Only A Feeling {5}
The Final Eight – Happy Xmas (War Is Over) {5}
Blazin' Squad – Here 4 One {6}
Sean Paul feat. Sasha – I'm Still In Love With You {6}
Simply Red – You Make Me Feel Brand New {7}
Dido – Life For Rent {8}
Lostprophets – Last Train Home {8}
Ja Rule – Clap Back {9}
Lemar – Another Day {9}
Ronan Keating – Lost For Words {9}
50 Cent – If I Can't {10}
Missy Elliott – Pass The Dutch {10}
Pet Shop Boys – Miracles {10}
Raghav – Can't Get Enough {10}
The Cheeky Girls – Have A Cheeky Christmas {10}
Beyoncι – Me, Myself And I {11}
Enrique Iglesias – Addicted {11}
Madonna – Love Profusion {11}
P!nk – God Is A DJ {11}
Red Hot Chili Peppers – Fortune Faded {11}
S Club 8 – Don't Tell Me You're Sorry {11}
The Offspring – Hit That {11}
Jamie Cullum – These Are The Days {12}
Speedway – Can't Turn Back {12}
Alex Parks – Cry {13}
Iron Maiden – Rainmaker {13}
Liberty X – Everybody Cries {13}
Mis-Teeq – Style {13}
Nelly Furtado – Powerless (Say What You Want) {13}
Phixx – Love Revolution {13}
Belle And Sebastian – I'm A Cuckoo {14}
Kelly Llorenna – This Time I Know It's For Real {14}
Ludacris – Stand Up {14}
Big Brovaz – Ain't What You Do {15}
Blink-182 – Feeling This {15}
HIM – The Funeral Of Hearts {15}
Marques Houston – Clubbin' {15}
Nelly Furtado – Try {15}
Radiohead – 2+2=5 {15}

+Quote this post
Jester
post 4th September 2017, 05:24 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
User: 12

Went for Toxic and Leave Right Now, but a cracking Now and Somewhere Only We Know was very close.

An honourable mention to Give It Away - under rated gem.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 4th September 2017, 12:58 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585

QUOTE(ⓐⓦⓐⓡ^ @ Sep 4 2017, 12:08 AM) *
The Final Eight – Happy Xmas (War Is Over) {5}

Slight correction, it included the entire Final 12 contests from Pop Idol tongue.gif One of my favourite Christmas covers tbh!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 4th September 2017, 01:09 PM
Post #6
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Went for the same tracks as Andrew, Toxic is one of the best songs of all time and Run is utterly stunning heart.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 4th September 2017, 01:10 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Feel like I'm going to be in a minority for choosing Boogie Pimps/Fountains of Wayne but they're just amazing bops! (Britney is fab too ofc)

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 4th September 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Toxic for Disc 1, a lot of tunes on there but easily has to be that as one of my all time faves and such perfect pop. Somebody To Love is an underrated classic though <3 Disc 2 is less strong but went with Stacy's Mom which I still love laugh.gif

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 4th September 2017, 01:35 PM
Post #9
Group icon

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Sep 4 2017, 01:58 PM) *
Slight correction, it included the entire Final 12 contests from Pop Idol tongue.gif One of my favourite Christmas covers tbh!

Ah blame iTunes then, the song artist is labelled as "The Final Eight" whereas on Polyhex it's simply from "The Idols" so I'm not sure which is the most accurate. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 4th September 2017, 01:37 PM
Post #10
Group icon

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Sep 4 2017, 02:09 PM) *
Went for the same tracks as Andrew, Toxic is one of the best songs of all time and Run is utterly stunning heart.gif

Yes Sam. heart.gif

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 4th September 2017, 05:25 PM
Post #11
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

I'm literally not going to be your favourite person in the world after these next three volumes, or indeed Plug.dj's for the next three weeks Andrew, as I LOVED 2004. Just warning you now biggrin.gif

As with Now 44, this is one of my all time favourite volumes of the series, because of the strong attachments I have with it, and that I have with 2004 as a year for music. I've mentioned already that 2003 was a weird time for me music wise, transitioning away from an era of music I'd loved so fondly, and through an era of change. This year and next for me felt like a time when everything slotted into place music loving wise for me, and solidified my interests in certain genres.

This volume came out whilst I was 14, and on work experience in Year 10. It was a paper pushing job at an estate agents, admittedly, and not the experience at a local radio station I wanted to do, but it was my first taste of 'adult' freedom and a life beyond school, and as they had the radio on in the offices I did my work experience at, many of these songs, particularly on Disc 1, were played almost twice daily at some point, and so it was a happy time for me. The staff there gave me a Virgin Megastores gift voucher at the end of my month there, and I went straight to our local one the following Saturday - think it might've been Easter weekend - and bought this volume.

Not to mention a lot of my favourite albums and singles of the last 20 years were released in 2004 and the following year, and a lot of my favourite artists launched around this time. It was when I started reading Popjustice on a regular basis, and it just felt like a really exciting time, even though it was the start of either 'cool' artists or artists that appealed to the masses that I thought were just plain awful (all I'm saying is there is an artist on Disc 1 of the next volume who epitomises my feelings on this) ruling the top end of the charts.

So for sentimental reasons I can't help but feel fondly about the volumes we're revisiting next few weeks - hell, even for some of the 2005 volumes. Anyway, let's do my top 5s...

CD1
1. Britney Spears (I will put my hand up now and say that initially, I preferred 'Me Against the Music' over this. Yes, feel free to slap me, as I fully deserve it. Only once I heard it pretty much on loop whilst on work experience did I succumb to its far superior genius. Up there with 'Baby One More Time' and 'Oops! ...' for career defining singles from Britney)
2. Kelis (I got the 'Tasty' album with one of my HMV vouchers from Christmas 2003 after this went to #2. Truly her best album, and I loved the Neptunes/N*E*R*D's production on this)
3. Emma Bunton (I also got the 'Free Me' album - and the album of someone on disc 2 - along with this volume with the Virgin Megastores voucher I mentioned above. If you've never heard it, get it. It's full of sumptuously produced 60s style pop tracks like this one. Easily best solo Spice Girl album)
4. 2Play and Raghav (What do we call this exactly? Dancehall? Bhangra? Reggae? Not sure what we call it but it is utterly fab. Raghav's vocal was great on this, very catchy as well, I was never that fussed by his own solo singles he released mind)
5. Scissor Sisters (up there with All Saints' "Under the Bridge" for covers of songs that I love but puritans of the original act behind it despise and want to burn people at the stake over. Which is of course missing the point entirely because this is fabulous, and a well executed reimagining)

CD2
1. Will Young (aka the moment he transformed from Pop Idol to the real deal. I remember so clearly Sara Cox playing this on the Radio 1 breakfast show for the first time and being completely awestruck. His vocal, the production, the lyrics, the feel of the song about that bittersweet heartbreak we've all experienced. He's released good singles still since this time, but this is his high watermark for sure)
2. Katie Melua (and this was the other album I got post-work experience. 2004 was my noted period of obsession with the whole mini revival of jazz and easy listening the album charts were experiencing. Still love 'Call off the Search' though. Beautiful record)
3. Sugababes (the fact this only went as high as #10 seems wrong when you consider some of their singles that did chart higher - 'Get Sexy' I am looking at YOU. But ultra string drenched, harmonised, Diane Warren penned lusciousness. Can't say fairer than that really)
4. Jamie Cullum (as with Katie Melua, was really into his 'Twentysomething' album in this year. I even got his 'Live at Blenheim Palace' DVD for Christmas that year. Really inspired cover of the Pharrell and Jay-Z hit. Andrew - this was a double-a-side with his single 'These are the Days', but this got the lion's share of radio airplay and promo)
5. N*E*R*D (People seem to forget that N*E*R*D - or the Neptunes depending on what time of day you catch them on - exist outside of Pharrell's other work. A shame really because this is an absolute banger. And Alesha Dixon's in the video. Win win all round)

My disc 3 choices from that list would've been S Club 8, Dido, Madonna, Speedway and Nelly Furtado. I'd have also, had it not bombed at #26 in the pre-Christmas rush, had Rachel Stevens with 'Funky Dory', but alas it did. And I'd have put 'Let Your Head Go' for Victoria Beckham in place of 'This Groove' (the far better of the two singles she released and promoted to high heavens c. Christmas 2003. Memories).

Also re: Happy Xmas (War is Over). The official release from the Final 12 of Pop Idol was credited to 'The Idols'.

+Quote this post
Spiral
post 4th September 2017, 05:27 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,208

One of my favourite NOWs ever. My only issue was that Victoria Beckham and Usher didn't appear on it.

18. Deepest Blue – Give It Away 3:34 {9}
19. LMC vs. U2 – Take Me To The Clouds Above 2:49 {1}
20. Special D – Come With Me 2:39 {6}
21. Ultrabeat – Feelin' Fine 3:02 {12}
22. Motorcycle – As The Rush Comes 3:31 {11}
23. Ferry Corsten – Rock Your Body Rock 3:01 {11}

What an amazing line up of dance acts!

+Quote this post
Jester
post 4th September 2017, 05:40 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
User: 12

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Sep 4 2017, 01:58 PM) *

They were known as The Idols.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 4th September 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #14
Group icon

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ Sep 4 2017, 06:25 PM) *
I'm literally not going to be your favourite person in the world after these next three volumes, or indeed Plug.dj's for the next three weeks Andrew, as I LOVED 2004. Just warning you now biggrin.gif

Well I'll leave most of the commentary to you this week then! Jade should be hosting this time. biggrin.gif
4. Jamie Cullum (as with Katie Melua, was really into his 'Twentysomething' album in this year. I even got his 'Live at Blenheim Palace' DVD for Christmas that year. Really inspired cover of the Pharrell and Jay-Z hit. Andrew - this was a double-a-side with his single 'These are the Days', but this got the lion's share of radio airplay and promo)

I always found it a very strange addition to this volume, but I would have chosen the studio version of the track if one existed, or used the other single These Are The Days if it was really necessary to include Jamie Cullum at that time.
My disc 3 choices from that list would've been S Club 8, Dido, Madonna, Speedway and Nelly Furtado. I'd have also, had it not bombed at #26 in the pre-Christmas rush, had Rachel Stevens with 'Funky Dory', but alas it did. And I'd have put 'Let Your Head Go' for Victoria Beckham in place of 'This Groove' (the far better of the two singles she released and promoted to high heavens c. Christmas 2003. Memories).

Also re: Happy Xmas (War is Over). The official release from the Final 12 of Pop Idol was credited to 'The Idols'.

I must admit I played around with my Disc 3 tracklist quite a lot for this volume, constantly making changes, but I knew there would be some songs which you would rather have included! As regards the Victoria Beckham single Let Your Head Go, I've decided due to a lack of uptempo pop and dance music that summer to include it on Disc 3 of Now 58 instead. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 7th September 2017, 10:54 AM
Post #15
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Artwork: 9/10 (I don't think the easter eggs look properly look like easter eggs but minor critic)
Disc 1: The Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up (so many great songs on disc 1 but had to go for this I mean it is such a fun song to sing heart.gif)
Disc 2: Michelle McManus - All This Time (honestly one of the best ballads out there laugh.gif)
Overall: 9/10 disc 2 kinda loses it slightly but still an amazing volume.

+Quote this post
danG
post 7th September 2017, 11:12 AM
Post #16
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

artwork: 8/10

disc one:
1. Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (lush trance record that I thought was okay at the time but have grown to really appreciate it in later years)
2. DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide (takes me right back to my childhood, really catchy novelty dance anthem)
3. Boogie Pimps - Somebody To Love (one of the best looped house hits of the time, has a great vocal which I later found out was actually sampled from a song from the 60s(!))
4. LMC vs. U2 - Take Me To The Clouds Above (this one is brilliant also)
5. Kelis - Milkshake (an iconic song)
special mentions: Toxic/Red Blooded Woman/Shut Up/Comfortably Numb/Come With Me/Rock Your Body Rock

disc two:
1. Keane - Somewhere Only We Know (a proper classic, I also love the Lily Allen cover that we'll see much later on)
2. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out (this one too, we really got some of the best indie songs in this time period)
3. Snow Patrol - Run
4. N*E*R*D - She Wants To Move
5. Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom
special mentions: I Miss You/All This Time

Overall: 8/10 (one of the best we've had yet, lots of goodness here - it really could have done without the Fame Academy people and yet another Ronan Keating appearance though)

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 7th September 2017, 12:54 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Really good plug session for this yesterday!

+Quote this post
Baytree
post 7th September 2017, 09:15 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 334

1 - LMC VS U2

2 Will Young and Michelle edged out by Snow Patrol.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 8th September 2017, 06:33 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

1. Feelin' Fine by Ultrabeat - Remember hearing this a lot at the time and liking it which was unusual for a Clubland track back then. It has a very nostalgic sound listening to it now especially considering nothing like this sort of style could become a hit at the moment!

Give It Away in very close second, also remember it from the time hearing it while in my parents car playing on the radio and really liked it. All the final 6 tracks on album 1 are great dance tracks!

I loved Red Blooded Woman by Kylie back then, thought it was much better than Britney Spears - Toxic which it had a chart battle with and I still do.

2. Album 2 - this is a bit weaker imo. I like Stacy's Mom, this really was the last hurrah for American pop punk really in the UK charts sadly.

Love Take Me Out and Somewhere Only We Know though!

Kelly Llorenna – This Time I Know It's For Real
Basement Jaxx feat. Lisa Kekaula – Good Luck

Both should have been included. TTIKIFR is a great Eurodance cover and Good Luck sounds well ahead of its time to me, sounds similar somewhat to Sigma's style of dance.

The album art is nice but not as good as the previous two Nows.

This post has been edited by Big Hiss Machine: 8th September 2017, 06:38 PM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 10th September 2017, 11:55 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

I voted for Motorcycle and Keane on this one, it was indeed a very high quality, even quite classy, period for chart music and as such this is a strong compilation. As The Rush Comes is a classic, I wish it had sneaked into the top ten, I bought it on the week of release <3

Other songs I like a lot on this volume are Toxic, Red Blooded Woman, Jump, Somebody To Love, Ladies Night, I Won't Change You, Give It Away, Take Me To The Clouds Above, Come With Me, Feelin' Fine, Leave Right Now, The Closest Thing To Crazy, Too Lost In You and Run. And I Miss You and Changes are both good considering I don't really like Blink-182 or Ozzy Osbourne!

Why did JT's I'm Lovin' It not get a single release in the end, was it withdrawn at the last minute, after this compilation tracklist had been finalised? It charted in Ireland...

Looking at the songs that had been missed out, I reckon the compilers could have had these if they'd wanted them, looking at record labels and other compilations out at the same time:

Will Young – Your Game {3}
Stereophonics – Moviestar {5}
Lemar – Another Day {9}
Ronan Keating – Lost For Words {9}
Pet Shop Boys – Miracles {10}
Enrique Iglesias – Addicted {11}
S Club 8 – Don't Tell Me You're Sorry {11}
Jamie Cullum – These Are The Days {12}
Alex Parks – Cry {13}
Liberty X – Everybody Cries {13}
Phixx – Love Revolution {13}
Kelly Llorenna – This Time I Know It's For Real {14} <3 (poor brave snubbed Kelly)
Blink-182 – Feeling This {15}

No great losses there really, as many had other songs on this volume and others weren't big/memorable enough hits really...

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 02:08 AM