BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Official Stats of the Buzzjack Song Contest, **Updated - 24/04/17** I-XCIV
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Qassändra
post May 29 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #21
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
Good lord laugh.gif After FSR Rontvia who's gone the longest without DNQing - Kopečka and Hendinia?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post May 29 2011, 06:18 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,886
Torchwood have gone the longest with 26, never missing a final since their second appearance. Rontvia are next on 22 and Hendinia and Kopečka are both on 16.

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post May 29 2011, 06:58 PM
Post #23
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946
Damnit, not even close.

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post Jun 9 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Stats Updated to include data from XXXIV.

Notable changes:

Countries obtaining a new PB position: Fljótavík (5th, debuting nation), FYR Vojvodina-on-the-Wold (12th), People's Republic of Jester (4th) and Quintessa (18th, SF)
Countries equalling previous PB position: Espen (7th), Herzebania (1st), N-Lazone (23rd) and Utopia (2nd)

Countries missing out on the final for the first time: Caerfyrddia, Kluminican Republic, Numayania and Unovia

FSR Rontvia are the first country to collect over 4000 points across all finals.

We also had our first Filipino winner in XXXIV.

New Sections

New sections have been added concerning consecutive appearances in the final.

- Quotosibb hold the record of consecutive appearances in the final, with 27
- Torchwood hold the current record for an unbroken string of appearances in the final, with 26
- Out of all the countries who have taken part, Faztickle hold the record for most appearances without failing to qualify, with 8
- Out of currently active nations, both Batidas and FYR Vojvodina-on-the-Wold hold the record for most appearances without failing to qualify, with 2.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jun 9 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #25
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Top 5 in the Medal Table w00t.gif

+Quote this post
Qween
post Jun 9 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
QUOTE(Ghosthunter @ Jun 9 2011, 03:07 PM) *
- Out of currently active nations, both Batidas and FYR Vojvodina-on-the-Wold hold the record for most appearances without failing to qualify, with 2.

Well, it's SOMETHING.

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post Jun 9 2011, 06:39 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Johnkm @ Jun 9 2011, 05:51 PM) *
Well, it's SOMETHING.

Indeed.

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post Jul 16 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Stats updated to include data from XXXV.

Notable changes:

- FSR Rontvia break the record for number of wins, with 7.
- UnoShake and Ojnoj both appear in the medal table for the first time.
- Sadly, Fanadminaj equal the record for worst debut and least successful country. However, if they decide to enter next time, they will no longer share the record for least successful country.

New Personal best positions obtained/equalled:

Aquafina - 9th
Budtar - 24th (Debuting)
Danaelanda - 25th (Debuting)
FSR Rontvia - 1st (Equalling PB)
FYR Vojvodina-On-The-Wold - 8th
Fanadminaj - SF23rd (Debuting)
Kluminican Republic - 20th (Equalling PB)
Ojnoj - 3rd
Quintessa - SF17th
UnoShake - 2nd

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jul 16 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
QUOTE(Ghosthunter @ Feb 24 2011, 12:23 AM) *
The Winners:

BJSC XXXI: FSR Rontvia: Sheelah - The Last Time
BJSC XXXII: FSR Rontvia: Lykke Li - Sadness Is A Blessing
BJSC XXXIII: Batidas: Agnes Obel - Riverside
BJSC XXXIV: Herzebania: Charice - Louder
BJSC XXXV: FSR Rontvia: Chart Music - All My Life

After the XI-XX era I thought that I'd never be able to string together such a great run of form again, but the XXXI-XXXX era has proved rather good so far!

+Quote this post
Hitstastic
post Jul 16 2011, 08:15 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Sundream
User: 10,347
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jul 16 2011, 08:59 PM) *
After the XI-XX era I thought that I'd never be able to string together such a great run of form again, but the XXXI-XXXX era has proved rather good so far!

I have to admit I'm interested in seeing what you've chosen to enter for BJSC XXXVI. As long as it's nothing like 'Strawberry Shake' I'm sure Batidas will approve.

If only the confirmations had closed today. sad.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jul 16 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Hello?
QUOTE(Hitstastic @ Jul 16 2011, 09:15 PM) *
I have to admit I'm interested in seeing what you've chosen to enter for BJSC XXXVI. As long as it's nothing like 'Strawberry Shake' I'm sure Batidas will approve.

If only the confirmations had closed today. sad.gif laugh.gif

Strawberry Shake was a great fun pop track and I stand by my decision to enter it! tongue.gif Stars In Their Eyes on the other hand...

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post Aug 9 2011, 04:17 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Stats updated to include data from XXXVI.

A number of notable happenings this time...

New Personal Best positions achieved by the following countries:

Budtar - 17th
ChrIseland - 18th (Debuting)
Espen - 2nd
Fanadminaj - 21st (Semi Final)
Isconia - 1st
Kluminican Republic - 5th
Quintessa - 16th (Semi Final)

Unovia equal their PB with a second 8th place.

Isconia and Espen appear in the medal table for the first time.

America join the UK in achieving the most victories based on nationality.

Lana Del Rey becomes the 9th highest points scorer for the semi final eras of BJSC.

New Sections

Following on from a question asked regarding most consecutive top 10 places since a country's debut, this section has now been added to the thread. The current record is 4 top 10 placings and is held by Batidas, Hendinia and Mdiče.

Another new addition is the section regarding countries that have finished on every position in the top 10. FSR Rontvia achieved this goal for the first time during XXXVI.

There are three new add on's regarding DNQ's. Most DNQ's, Most Consecutive DNQ's and Most Consecutive DNQ's from a countries debut.

A stat regarding the highest number of top marks awarded in a final is also included, the current record is held by Isconia who received 9 sets of 12 points in this edition. This info was provided by Rich!

And the final new section concerns the biggest differences between winners and their Semi final positions. Both Hendinia and FSR Rontvia have finished 6th in a semi final and gone on to win the final with the same song.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Aug 9 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Hello?
Thanks as ever Ghosty, some great new stats this time wub.gif

Interesting to see that best improvement from semi to the final stat, interestingly until I received the last 5 or 6 votes in for Semi 2, Lorikeet were looking like a DNQ, and then in the end they finished 3rd in the final - really surprised me!

I can't recall Danny Saucedo being entered 5 times at all, probably because he flopped each time laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post Aug 9 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Aug 9 2011, 06:17 PM) *
Thanks as ever Ghosty, some great new stats this time wub.gif

Interesting to see that best improvement from semi to the final stat, interestingly until I received the last 5 or 6 votes in for Semi 2, Lorikeet were looking like a DNQ, and then in the end they finished 3rd in the final - really surprised me!

I can't recall Danny Saucedo being entered 5 times at all, probably because he flopped each time laugh.gif

No problem biggrin.gif . At the moment, the best improvement from SF to final stat only focuses on songs that went on to win the contest. I will probably look into putting in information about the biggest improvement from Semi final to final, regardless of position, ready for the next time I update the thread as I'll have to go through all the data from the previous semi finals. Should be interesting to find out though!

The previous entries by Danny were All On You (SF17th), If Only You (13th), In Your Eyes (10th), Just Like That (5th) and Crash And Survive (28th). Bit of a mixed bag results wise! heehee.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Aug 9 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Hello?
QUOTE(Ghosthunter @ Aug 9 2011, 06:41 PM) *
No problem biggrin.gif . At the moment, the best improvement from SF to final stat only focuses on songs that went on to win the contest. I will probably look into putting in information about the biggest improvement from Semi final to final, regardless of position, ready for the next time I update the thread as I'll have to go through all the data from the previous semi finals. Should be interesting to find out though!

The previous entries by Danny were All On You (SF17th), If Only You (13th), In Your Eyes (10th), Just Like That (5th) and Crash And Survive (28th). Bit of a mixed bag results wise! heehee.gif

Could you also (if you have time and the patience!) do it the opposite way - for example Torchwood finished 2nd in the semi this time and 19th in the final and there was some Paris Hilton song that won the semi once and then failed to reach the top ten of the final iirc...

For some reason I'd thought that Radio was entered and flopped in the semi but perhaps it was just being discussed in a national thread!

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post Aug 9 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Aug 9 2011, 06:57 PM) *
Could you also (if you have time and the patience!) do it the opposite way - for example Torchwood finished 2nd in the semi this time and 19th in the final and there was some Paris Hilton song that won the semi once and then failed to reach the top ten of the final iirc...

For some reason I'd thought that Radio was entered and flopped in the semi but perhaps it was just being discussed in a national thread!

Will try to, although I'm not making any promises as I've got to figure out a way to work it out accurately based on how well songs are expected to do in the final from their semi final positions drama.gif .

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post Aug 10 2011, 12:23 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I think I've figured out a way to do it using percentage of points available that qualifers obtained in the semi finals. Incase anyone's interested to see it, here's how the final results of XXXVI were expected to look like based on semi final performance:

BJSC XXXVI

01 Espen
02 Isconia
03 Bignia-Zaragovina
04 Batidas
05 Fljotavik
06 Torchwood
07 B.a.N.G.
08 Ojnoj
09 Hendinia
10 Unovia
11 Kluminican Republic
12 Lorikeet
13 FSR Rontvia
14 Allecian
15 Caerfyrddia
16 Kylienips
17 FYR Vojvodina
18 Ashton
19 Numayania
20 Kopecka
21 JRK-off
22 Yuxhaaq
23 Budtar
24 Utopia
25 PR of Jester
26 ChrIseland
27 Farahtyn
28 Tinnmark

Biggest Improvement: Kopecka & Lorikeet - Both finished 9 places higher than expected.
Biggest Regression: Torchwood - Finished 13 places lower than expected.

Only Batidas and Caerfyrddia finished in the positions they were expected to.

If I have enough time, I'll try and work out the same for the previous contests before I update the the thread again after XXXVII, and then we'll have an idea of the biggest improvement/regression across all contests.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Aug 10 2011, 12:42 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Hello?
Interesting to see! I have to say that having come 8th in the semi I was fully expecting Ria not to come much higher than mid-table in the final, thankfully there were people in the opposite semi who liked it a lot! No idea what happened to Torchwood there though ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Aug 10 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
QUOTE(Ghosthunter @ Aug 10 2011, 01:23 PM) *
I think I've figured out a way to do it using percentage of points available that qualifers obtained in the semi finals. Incase anyone's interested to see it, here's how the final results of XXXVI were expected to look like based on semi final performance:

BJSC XXXVI

01 Espen
02 Isconia
03 Bignia-Zaragovina
04 Batidas
05 Fljotavik
06 Torchwood
07 B.a.N.G.
08 Ojnoj
09 Hendinia
10 Unovia
11 Kluminican Republic
12 Lorikeet
13 FSR Rontvia
14 Allecian
15 Caerfyrddia
16 Kylienips
17 FYR Vojvodina
18 Ashton
19 Numayania
20 Kopecka
21 JRK-off
22 Yuxhaaq
23 Budtar
24 Utopia
25 PR of Jester
26 ChrIseland
27 Farahtyn
28 Tinnmark

Biggest Improvement: Kopecka & Lorikeet - Both finished 9 places higher than expected.
Biggest Regression: Torchwood - Finished 13 places lower than expected.

Only Batidas and Caerfyrddia finished in the positions they were expected to.

If I have enough time, I'll try and work out the same for the previous contests before I update the the thread again after XXXVII, and then we'll have an idea of the biggest improvement/regression across all contests.

If you want, I could do it for the previous contests as I understand how you worked that out and post the information that you want on here for you to use as I have plenty of spare time at the moment. It's up to you, as you would probably prefer to do it smile.gif

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post Aug 10 2011, 01:35 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Aug 10 2011, 01:42 PM) *
Interesting to see! I have to say that having come 8th in the semi I was fully expecting Ria not to come much higher than mid-table in the final, thankfully there were people in the opposite semi who liked it a lot! No idea what happened to Torchwood there though ohmy.gif

I find it really interesting to see how much some entries fluctuate between the final and semi finals. I am really surprised at the level of improvement and regression in some entries as one would expect songs to maintain a similar pattern in results during the whole contest.

QUOTE(RC741 @ Aug 10 2011, 01:59 PM) *
If you want, I could do it for the previous contests as I understand how you worked that out and post the information that you want on here for you to use as I have plenty of spare time at the moment. It's up to you, as you would probably prefer to do it smile.gif

Thanks for the offer! I'll try and get it done myself so I have a full record of my own, but if I need any help I'll give you a shout! smile.gif

+Quote this post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

2 user(s) are reading this thread (2 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:13 PM