BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Summericia National Thread, BJSC 163 : Kissimjau - Go Ghost
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Roba.
post Sep 8 2015, 06:30 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804
This month Summericia will swapping genre to pop with a young lady who's been entered before but with a different song, it's something we have had in place for weeks before we could submit it and we hope it'll pay off tongue.gif We are happy to announce our entry this contest goes to Margaret with my 'My heart beat beat beats for you', 'Heartbeat' wub.gif

This post has been edited by Roba S: Jul 23 2016, 09:31 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Sep 16 2015, 10:21 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Rob aah
Yasss we over the moon to be entering our 2nd consecutive BJSC final. Pls keep the votes coming our way. Ta x

This post has been edited by Rob S ~: Sep 16 2015, 10:21 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Sep 24 2015, 11:38 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Rob aah

So we came 34th in our second contest, not too bad an innings really even though truth be told we were hoping to better our debut position last month. Thanks to everyone who voted and we felt very happy having this as our track this contest so no regrets. It was a very strong final so we aren't disheartened thankfully.

WE WILL COME FIGHTING WITH A VENGEANCE next month tho~ as we already have our entry chosen ohmy.gif (which we can't announce for a few weeks yet tongue.gif ) but Spoiler alert we are going dark *.* Stay tuned!

This post has been edited by Rob S ~: Sep 24 2015, 11:41 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Oct 9 2015, 10:23 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Rob aah

Summericia present their latest entry into BJSC cheer.gif

Maggie Lindemann, pictured above in a dodgy screengrab, is a 17 years old YouTube star.

-- With every subtweet, every eyes emoji, every passive aggressive ‘like’ on the latest boast post by a nemesis: these are the things that make us strong. They make us invincible. But they also make us human.
And what is humanity without a quite good pop song every now and again? Fortunately that is what Lindo has delivered here.

It would be crass to compare Maggie and Troye Sivan simply because they are both making downbeat music and promoting it through popular social accounts. But we’re going to do it anyway. What we like about Maggie’s song is similar to what caught our ear with Troye’s early stuff: with a highly engaged audience it would have been quite easy to knock out any old obvious rubbish, but there’s depth to ‘Knocking On Your Heart’ — lyrically and sonically — that sidesteps the obvious and hints at someone who wants to do something a bit different.

Fingers crossed this goes down well in BJSC as it's my favourite entry to date heart.gif

This post has been edited by Rob S: Oct 9 2015, 10:31 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Nov 13 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Rob aah
BJSC//80 - Maasai - Collide

Going synthy this month in our aim to better our chances of doing well. Interesting fact - Patrik Berger who produced the track is also behind some of the biggest hits such as Robyn's 'Dancing On My Own', Charlie XCX's 'Boom Clap' and Lana Del Reys's 'Off to The Races'.

Hope you like it smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rob S ~: Nov 13 2015, 10:20 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Nov 30 2015, 03:32 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Rob aah
Thankyou to everyone who voted for us this month especially Tartford, we are so happy it connected with you in such a way to recieve their top vote of 18 biggrin.gif
Rather than recieving our lowest final result position to date, we are really chuffed with managing to score our biggest amount of points so far. 113 is amazing so thank you one n all again cheer.gif

Onwards and upwards we have a few potentials for the new year that we are feeling confident about the chances of doing better than any of our entries so far but something else might crop up and take our interests throughout the next month or so as it's still early days happy.gif
Who knows if we'll take part in the Christmas special thinking.gif

This post has been edited by Rob's Grotto: Nov 30 2015, 03:34 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Apr 12 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Rob aah
BJSC 81 /// https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tOtoW96P-k...p;nohtml5=False
BJSC 82 /// https://youtu.be/GxRTJVbibmQ

#BJSC83

This post has been edited by Rob S: Apr 12 2016, 10:25 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Jul 11 2016, 11:23 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Rob aah
I am proud to announce Australian's up n coming artist Generik (a protege of Calvin harris) will be doing the honours of representing Aeyondore in BJSC 86!!

http://www.thissongslaps.com/2016/05/calvi...ils-late-night/

You can be sure to be staying up late at night to this banger music.gif *.* dance.gif

#Lateatnight

This post has been edited by Rob S: Jul 12 2016, 06:52 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Jul 12 2016, 06:51 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Rob aah
just edit the youtube link as it appeared to be a short version which abruptly cuts off drama.gif tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Jul 17 2016, 11:25 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Rob aah
Back to the drawing board for us after Q'ing with Invader Girl last month. Thanks to all the voters especially Ethan heart.gif

Turns out the Calvin tag didn't work in it's favour.

Not sure which of this lot but lemme know what you think is the best option!

This post has been edited by Roba S: Jul 25 2016, 12:35 PM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jul 18 2016, 10:34 AM
Post #31
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
For me Marry You is decent and interesting sonically (and reminds me of a number of Kylienips entries), while Journey is also very good, though basically a retread of Jubel and Changes, but not quite hitting the heights of either.

Predictions would be borderline Q's for both, depending on the competition next month of course.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Jul 23 2016, 09:49 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Rob aah
Updated the potentials for next month! Let me know what you think happy.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Jul 25 2016, 01:29 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Rob aah
replaced one song for a new one i found today (summery at that).

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jul 25 2016, 02:44 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
I believe I heard Journey a few months back while I was listening to those hour long mixes on YouTube of tropical house or whatever they like to call them. It was definitely one of the best ones I discovered at the time and it sounds even better now with its new video!

+Quote this post
mdh
post Jul 25 2016, 06:13 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776
Journey is lovely, gives me real Klangkarussell or Klingande vibes. Love the flutes in it too, it's a real blissful summery anthem. Probably just my bias towards dance/EDM/house/tropical house songs of this kind, but I think it could do well. I'd definitely give it points if it were to come up in the final or my semi. wub.gif

Marry You really doesn't appeal to me - although I'm never the fan of female chillpop numbers so maybe it'd appeal to a different audience if you were to enter it in the main contest, I'm not too sure.

Invisible is quite good I suppose - although I assume you know it's not really my genre of choice. I can tolerate it though and I'd expect Lindsey in particular to love it. heehee.gif

I think you and myself both know now mixed foreign language songs can do in the contest - however I do quite like this. The drop is pretty good and vocals aren't bad either. I'd call this a nailed on qualifier if I've ever seen one.

I've seen how well songs like The Haschak Sisters have done in this competition, and I recognised the name Skylar Stecker from some of MattyBRaps' videos (no shame heehee.gif). This could do VERY well.

I do love this. Probably my favourite. It debuted in my chart at number 62 on Thursday - I discovered it recently. Again I'd expect this to do very well if you were to enter it biggrin.gif

Sorry if my opinions were a bit rushed, but I think you have a strong set of potentials right there. A few of them could do very well in BJSC 87.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Jul 25 2016, 06:17 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
Liking the Jubel teas in the first one, idk if it will DNQ or not though (don't want to put you off though!)

DiSA probably gets appeal, but if you send KEYS&CAGES I'd probably point it music.gif

Rooftop has potential to do very well I think if Pupok/Yehesi entry success is anything to go by!

Come Closer could do well also, it sounds like the type of dance that can appeal to countries not usually pointing dance.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Jul 25 2016, 07:19 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Rob aah
Yeah I totally get you Adam on 'Journey'. It sounds to me like it'd either do or finish in the 30's in the final (trying to avoid). I do think it might have fared better two years ago than now but I do like it and it's very chillfest dance.

Thanks Ryan & Mdh too for the feedback!

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jul 25 2016, 11:45 PM
Post #38
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
'Invisible' >> 'Il Faut Vivre' > 'Marry You' > 'Rooftop' > 'Come Closer' >> 'Journey'

'Invisible' is an easy fave here for me, does sound rather Taahino-esque. Not been a fan of previous Shy'm entries but this one was surprisingly decent. 'Rooftop' does sound like one that could do pretty well, and maybe 'Journey' too but I'm really sick of that kind of song personally ~

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Aug 2 2016, 02:40 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
These are all good Rob, I do like Journey more than anything else but imagine Invisible stands the best chance of doing well perhaps, though I could see Rooftop and perhaps Come Closer doing quite well too.

+Quote this post
FrankLuck
post Aug 2 2016, 03:20 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,284
Well, my ranking is nearly the same as Bré's, so I stole his line (an modified it a little) kink.gif

'Invisible' > 'Il Faut Vivre' > 'Rooftop' > 'Marry You' > 'Come Closer' > 'Journey'

I think 'Invisible', or 'Come Closer' would do the best.

+Quote this post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

2 users are reading this thread (2 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:46 PM