BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Miley Cyrus - Singles Rate Results, my best friend Lesley said oh she's just being miley
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-0-0
post Nov 10 2020, 01:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
k👠th
post Nov 10 2020, 03:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764
sarcasm.gif

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Nov 10 2020, 03:42 PM
Post #3
Group icon
🙄
26 Hoedown Throwdown
Average Rating 5.5
Highest Score - Liam (9)
Lowest Score - - Tawdry (0)

Kicking start our Miley countdown is Hoedown Throwdown which was released as part of Hannah Montana the movie. Surely this is going to have a TikTok re-surge one day? The film's director, Peter Chelsom, felt the movie needed a big dance-number, similar to the "Macarena" (1995) or the "Funky Chicken" (1950s).[Suprisingly it comfortably finishes bottom of the singles despite peaking at #18 in both the UK and USA singles chart. The song itself is a fun track, I guess Buzzjack don't let BBQ and don't be told how to move at 5 or 82.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Nov 10 2020, 03:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
🙄
25. Mike Will Made It Feat Miley Cyrus & Juicy J - 23
Average Rating 5.56 [lower high scores]
Highest Score: Kath (9)
Lowest Score: ReadyForIt, John, Jade (3)

cheeseblock.png

I probably should have rated this a bit higher because it doesn't deserve to be second bottom in the slightest. "23" is a song by American record producer Mike Will Made It, featuring American singer Miley Cyrus, and American rappers Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J. In the United States, "23" entered the Billboard Hot 100 at number 70, and later peaked at number 11 spending several weeks at that position. During the production of "23", Mike Will Made It prepared a verse for himself to rap, which he originally planned to include alongside verses by Juicy J and Wiz Khalifa. However, after the latter two finished their respective recordings, Mike Will Made It decided that his contribution should be replaced by a woman. Mike Will Made It had recently finished producing Miley Cyrus' track "We Can't Stop" for her fourth studio album Bangerz (2013) when she first heard "23" and expressed interest in being included on the track. Mike Will Made It was initially hesitant of her suggestion, having met her earlier that day, although he "left her on there" after "she laid down the verse [and] killed it. The video has also managed 890 million views on Youtube and peaked at #85 in the UK. What an absolute bop.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Nov 10 2020, 03:53 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
TikTok to embrace 'Hoedown Throwdown' and 'Ice Cream Freeze' cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
k👠th
post Nov 10 2020, 03:56 PM
Post #6
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

Bottom two should have 100% been the two will.i.am collabs! THE LACK OF TASTE!!

This post has been edited by :'): Nov 10 2020, 03:56 PM

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Nov 10 2020, 04:01 PM
Post #7
Group icon
🙄
QUOTE(Jade @ Nov 10 2020, 03:53 PM) *
TikTok to embrace 'Hoedown Throwdown' and 'Ice Cream Freeze' cheeseblock.png

I'm honestly surprised tiktok haven't done that and the BONE DANCE.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Nov 10 2020, 04:48 PM
Post #8
Group icon
🙄
24. Will.i.am Feat Miley Cyrus, French Montana & Wiz Khalfia - Feelin Myself
Average Rating 5.56
Highest Score 9.5 (Harry)
Lowest Score 1
UK Chart Peak #2 (Kath, Cameron)

NOW EVERYBODY TRIPPIN LIKE THEY POPPIN MOLLY, UP IN THE CLUB IS WHERE YOU'LL FIND ME.

Feelin' Myself" is a song by American recording artist will.i.am featuring Miley Cyrus, French Montana, Wiz Khalifa & DJ Mustard. It was released on November 26, 2013, by Interscope Records as the lead single from the re-release of will.i.am's fourth studio album #willpower (2013). It was written and additional produced by DJ Mustard, and Mike Free, with additional songwriting provided by will.i.am, Khalifa, Montana, and Jean-Baptiste. Feelin Myself charted at #2 in the UK charts despite being the midweek number 1. The song itself is a bop and deserved the success it got tbh.

23. Will.i.am Feat Miley Cyrus - Fall Down.
Average Rating 5.6
Highest Score: Jack (9)
Lowest Score: Blacksquare (0)
UK Chart Peak : 34

Double Will.i.ey out with Feelin myself and now Fall Down. I remember originally being obsessed with 'Fall Down' and it was the single that never was, it truly would have smashed. Fall Down" received generally negative reviews from music critics, who were disappointed with its overall production and drew comparisons to the work of American recording artist Kesha. It peaked at number 58 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, and charted in the lower ends of several record charts worldwide. However, the song reached numbers 14 and 15 on the Australian ARIA Charts and the Official New Zealand Music Chart, respectively, being certified gold in both countries. In the United States when it was planned to be a single, the track was promoted with live performances on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and Good Morning America, weeks later it was confirmed the single release was cancelled. Despite not being a single it still went top 40 in the UK Charting at #34. Miley's verses in this song makes it bearable but what an absolute bop.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Nov 11 2020, 09:58 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
I still cannot believe will and miley listened to 'fall down' and decided to go with 'feeling myself'.

didn't they film a video for it?

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 11 2020, 10:25 AM
Post #10
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Feelin' Myself deserves more love its such a confindence banger!!

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Nov 11 2020, 03:28 PM
Post #11
Group icon
🙄
QUOTE(dannjohn @ Nov 11 2020, 09:58 AM) *
I still cannot believe will and miley listened to 'fall down' and decided to go with 'feeling myself'.

didn't they film a video for it?

Yes!

We never got it though sad.gif

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Nov 11 2020, 09:42 PM
Post #12
Group icon
🙄
22. Miley Cyrus - Start All Over
Average Rating 6.18
Highest Score Jade, Kath, DannJohn (8)
Lowest Score: Blacksqaure (3)
UK Chart Peak: DNC

21. Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus - He Could Be The One
Average Rating: 6.75
Highest Score: DannJohn (10)
Lowest Score: BlackSquare (0)
UK Chart Peak: DNC

Finishing at #22 is the second single released by Miley Cyrus 'Start All Over' which peaked at #68 in the United States but failed to chart anywhere else. 'Start All Over' for me is the weakest single in Miley's discography and I can only assume the reason that it didn't finish last was because a couple of people hadn't heard the song. It's nice but it doesn't stand out in comparison to the songs that have already dropped out.

Finishing at #21 is the ICONIC 'He Could Be The One'. cheeseblock.png. Let's not forget the moment when the piece of paper flew from the window and landed on Miley's lap. 'He Could Be The One' is the highest peaking Hannah Montana single going to #1 on USA iTunes and peaking at 10 on the billboard . The second highest is 'Life Is What You Make It' at #25. The episode itself is one of the highest viewing Hannah Montana's episodes managing a massive 7.9m viewers.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Nov 11 2020, 09:51 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
Definitely all the worst ones out so far. The top 20 will be tough though

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Nov 11 2020, 09:53 PM
Post #14
Group icon
🙄
20. Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey - Don't Call Me Angel
Average Rating 7.02
Keep your pretty mouth shut: Jade (10)
You know I don't like that Boy: George (-1)
UK CHART PEAK: 2

Fun fact, this is the only song that received and would have been so much higher had it avoided the -1. 7.02 as an average rating is huge for a song at #20 though tbf and a massive jump for the last couple of songs. The song itself managed three 9's, two 9.5's and one 10. I'll never understand the hate the song gets, it's a fun bop with an incredible video. It's a shame that radio / streaming never really supported this as it should have been much bigger than what it was but the US truly paid it dust and Capital refused to play it. I wonder if it would have done better if they switched Miley and Ariana's verses? The song managed to go #1 in iconic countries such as Israel, Iceland, Greece and Scotland as well as going #2 in the UK. The song itself didn't have much of a chart run - it could have been a UK #1 had Spotify / Capital bothered though and I'll always remain bitter, the less we talk about the US chart run the better, it was just an album soundtrack tho tbf. Queens of getting 20m views in 24 hours and none for the rest of the week.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Nov 11 2020, 09:59 PM
Post #15
Group icon
🙄
19. Hannah Montana - Best Of Both Worlds
Average Rating 7.25
On stage your star: Liam (10)
little weird: Blacksquare (3)
UK Chart Peak #43

"The Best of Both Worlds" is considered to be one of Cyrus' signature songs, introducing her to the music industry. The song received generally positive reviews; critics noted that the song was written well despite its "weird" concept. "The Best of Both Worlds" reached number 92 on the Billboard Hot 100, making the song only one of two television themes of the decade (the other being "Leave It All to Me" by Miranda Cosgrove) to chart on the Hot 100. 'Best Of Both Worlds' is an absolute bop and feels weird to say it shouldn't have made the top 20 tbh.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Nov 11 2020, 10:19 PM
Post #16
Group icon
🙄
18. Miley Cyrus - Adore You
Average Rating 7.26
I adore you, you-oh-oh: DannJohn, Jark (10) Lukkaz (9.5) Cqmerqn, callum (9)
I hate you: Will (2), Tawdry (3)
UK Chart Peak #27

The third and final single from Bangerz was 'Adore You' which peaked at #27 in the United Kingdom and #21 in the United States. How did the Bangers era only get three singles when we had 'FU', which I think would have been a global success. 'Adore You' is much nicer than I remembered, I'll admit it's one of the few Miley songs that i don't go back to but it's always a rather lovely listen, it's overall position on this is fair although I expected it to be much higher. Miley who was a huge fan of 'Summertime Sadness' also asked Cedric to remix the song and this was the outcome....

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Nov 12 2020, 05:07 PM
Post #17
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Always found 'Adore You' a bit of a strange single choice, especially as it pales when compared to the first 2 singles. Also its a shame that it was also 'Bangerz' last single, especially where tracks like 'SMS (Bangerz)', '4x4', & 'FU' were all screaming for single status.

+Quote this post
Brer
post Nov 14 2020, 05:01 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
Poor brave 'Hoedown Throwdown'. A bop tbh x

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Nov 16 2020, 01:25 PM
Post #19
Group icon
🙄
17. Miley Cyrus - Fly On The Wall
Average Rating: 7.4
If I make a promise, I'm comin thru: John (11) Liam (10)
A creepy little sneaky little fly on the wall: Jiji (2)

It was released on November 4, 2008 as the third and final single from the album. The song's lyrics have been interpreted in a number of ways, such as a description of an abusive boyfriend. In actuality, Cyrus says the song describes paparazzi and their extensive personal privacy invasions. The song received critical praise, with several critics claiming it defied teen pop expectations and was Breakout's best track. Despite reaching number eighty-four on the United States chart Billboard Hot 100, "Fly on the Wall" performed better commercially in various European regions. "Fly on the Wall" reached its highest international peak on the UK Singles Chart, at number sixteen.

Fly on the wall was a certified bop which was iconically performed on Ant & Dec Saturday night takeaway where she forgot the words and she stared at the camera for five seconds before slaying the remainder of the song.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Nov 16 2020, 01:30 PM
Post #20
Group icon
🙄
16. Miley Cyrus - Younger Now
Average Rating 7.58
No Taste: Josh, Nick (10)
Taste: Lee (3)

It was released on August 18, 2017, by RCA Records as a second single from the album. The song was written and produced by Cyrus and Oren Yoel. An accompanying music video was released on the same day. The song deservedly bombed and ruined the entire campaign before it started.

Her WORST single choice frankie.png

good video tho

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:57 PM