BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> #musicnotthebling
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post 19th January 2021, 07:59 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

So, I tentatively make this thread but it comes with a warning that we are NOT GOING TO GET PERSONAL WITH EACH OTHER no matter where the debate takes us.

2020 was a massive year for Gaga. Not only did Gaga release her 6th studio album but she also took lead in a huge number of other avenues, mainly those of philanthropy. So the question comes to this famous lyric: is Gaga here for the music? Or is she here more for the other things that come out of her name power? Can she do both? Which should take more of a priority?

Do you have an issue with her seemingly having her music and its promotion as secondary to other projects that she has been invested in?

A reminder that we are not going to get personal with each other and we are only discussing the matter at hand biggrin.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 19th January 2021, 08:04 PM
Post #2
Group icon

For me, the two have to come hand-in-hand because that is who Gaga is and who she has always been - a fighter for minorities, a campaigner for equality and a spokeperson for the silenced! The reason I think she has survived and thrived in the game for over a decade is because of her side projects in my opinion. She has not only captivated listeners, but also audiences and the general public by fighting for what is right.

Her music will always be there to listen to, but the lives she is protecting may not be so I am totally supporting of her focusing on pressing matters as they arise.

I obviously would love more promotion and the TWO to be happening side-by-side but I also worry about her mental health and physical well-being and if she can't juggle both at times, then I respect that.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 19th January 2021, 08:05 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

She has always wanted to act, sing, write music and bring kindness to the world. I think she's doing just that, but of course prioritizing things one at the time. And then she has Haus Labs which has come as "extra" since her wild years in 2009 - 2011.

I think music and acting will always be her core though, but why not try to make it into the congress one day biggrin.gif

i think she has also realized that being a pop star is more than being a celebrity. She LOATHES the idea of paparazzis and social media following her around these days, but still she is out there, being seen and being heard all the time, her way.

This post has been edited by Sour Candy: 19th January 2021, 08:09 PM

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 19th January 2021, 08:30 PM
Post #4
Group icon

QUOTE(Sour Candy @ Jan 19 2021, 08:05 PM) *
i think she has also realized that being a pop star is more than being a celebrity. She LOATHES the idea of paparazzis and social media following her around these days, but still she is out there, being seen and being heard all the time, her way.

This last point is very true (and explored in the latest album too!). She has distanced herself from social media (don't blame her) and the paparazzi etc and I think it's healthy for her to do so. And yet as you say, she remains ever-present when she needs to be. It's clever because it's on her terms when she gets seen and heard from now unlike before when she had no choice but to be everywhere.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 19th January 2021, 10:20 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 82,234

She's only an activist and philanthropist today due to her music, so I think she should give more priority to her music, because that’s what brought her to where she is today.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:00 PM