BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ThePensmith's Top 20 Singles Chart, Week ending 9th August 2019
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post Aug 9 2019, 03:43 PM
Post #1
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Group: Members
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Hello one, hello all - the weekend is upon us, and it's time to give you a look at my personal top 20 this week. Seven days ago, Olly Murs wrote himself further into my record books by hitting the top spot for the fifteenth time in his career with his last single before he takes a break from music. But is 'Talking To Yourself / That Girl' still on top today? Maybe a climber? Maybe a new entry? Here's where we reveal all..

THEPENSMITH'S TOP 20 SINGLES CHART
Week ending 9th August 2019
© AM LIMITED 2019

1. (1) OLLY MURS - Talking To Yourself / That Girl (Remix)
2. (2) SHAWN MENDES FEAT. CAMILA CABELLO - Senőrita
3. (3) HIMESH PATEL - Yesterday
4. (HNE) CALL ME LOOP - Self Love
5. (5) OSCAR SCHELLER FEAT. LILY ALLEN - 1%
6. (NE) RUTHANNE - The Vow
7. (4) RAK-SU - Rotate (Clockwise)
8. (6) P!NK - Can We Pretend
9. (7) MABEL - Mad Love
10. (8) ED SHEERAN FEAT. KHALID - Beautiful People

11. (9) JP COOPER FEAT. ASTRID S - Sing It With Me
12. (NE) KYLIE VS. MOUSSE T - Step Back In Time (Remix)
13. (10) JONAS BLUE - I Wanna Dance
14. (16) LITTLE MIX - Bounce Back
15. (11) WESTLIFE - Dynamite
16. (12) JONAS BROTHERS - Cool
17. (13) MARVIN HUMES - Dan Stuckie
18. (15) NOW UNITED - Paraná / Beautiful Life
19. (NE) FRIENDLY FIRES - Silhouettes
20. (14) GABRIELLA CILMI - Ruins

Compiled from my own personal listening in the last seven days across streaming, digital and physical formats.

KEY

(1) - last week's position
(HNE) - highest new entry
(NE) - new entry
(RE) - re-entry

CHART COMMENTARY

Olly Murs remains at the top of my chart for a second week with 'Talking To Yourself / That Girl'. By doing so, it gives him a landmark 25th week at number one in my chart history - along with Ed Sheeran he's tied as having the most weeks on top for a solo male this decade. He oversees an unchanged top 3 - the third such instance of this this year - as Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello continue on at #2 and Himesh Patel remains at #3.

It thus falls to the #4 record to provide us our highest new entry this week - and the debut from a brand new artist no less. 23 year old Georgia Buchanan is better known by her stage name Call Me Loop, and her single 'Self Love' is an utterly barnstorming but deliciously catchy trumpet led pop banger about learning to love and respect yourself over no-hope blokes of the kind that Girls Aloud used to do so well, and that we just don't see or hear enough of these days. A top 5 berth is nothing less than this sparkling record deserves.

It's been a long time coming for RuthAnne, but she finally has a second top 10 hit to her name. 'Take My Place', her debut single in May last year, was the first of course, hitting #7, and after notching up a string of several top 20 hits, the Irish singer songwriter enters at #6 with 'The Vow', giving her her biggest single on my chart to date in the process too.

Kylie Minogue's new best of collection 'Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection' has been at number one on my album chart for four of the last six weeks, only relinquishing control to the original soundtrack from Yesterday two weeks ago. The title track - a #5 hit on the UK singles chart for her 29 years ago in November 1990 - enters my chart this week in a new, reworked version by Mousse T, who has charted before in collaboration with Emma Lanford, Sir Tom Jones and Dandy Warhols.

Its #12 entry means that it will need to post a climb next week however, to avoid becoming her first single in five years to miss my top 10. Currently, only 'I Was Gonna Cancel' (#24 in May 2014) and 'The One' (#29 in August 2008) have charted lower - although a smattering of cherry picked tracks from her 'Christmas' album in 2015 grazed the lower end of my top 75.

It's been eight years since Friendly Fires were last on my chart, when 'Live Those Days Tonight', the lead single off their second album, made a top 20 showing in May 2011. Ahead of the release of their third album 'Inflorescent' a week today, 'Silhouettes' returns them to my chart at #19.

FLASHBACK TOP 10

Your chance to see how my personal top 10 was looking on this week in the last 20 years. This week in 1999: Alice Deejay climb to the top of my chart on their fourth week, plus classic hits from Ronan Keating, Bran Van 3000 and Ricky Martin

1. (2) DJ JURGEN PRESENTS ALICE DEEJAY - Better Off Alone

2. (1) RONAN KEATING - When You Say Nothing At All
3. (HNE) BRAN VAN 3000 - Drinking in L.A
4. (3) RICKY MARTIN - Livin' La Vida Loca
5. (4) BASEMENT JAXX - Rendez-Vu
6. (NE) THE DIVINE COMEDY - The Pop Singer's Fear of the Pollen Count
7. (7) EMINEM FEAT. DR DRE - Guilty Conscience
8. (9) WHITNEY HOUSTON - My Love Is Your Love
9. (5) FIVE - If Ya Gettin' Down
10. (6) THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS - Let Forever Be

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: Aug 9 2019, 03:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:21 PM