BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What annoys you most about some TV shows
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
poppet15
post 20th November 2014, 01:33 PM
Post #1
Group icon
UKs Biggest European Music fan
User: 285

What annoys me most is when they say 'Coming Up' or 'In Next Week show' then they show clips from them.
It spoils the viewing if you know what is happening in the future.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 20th November 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Turn the channel over perhaps? tongue.gif

American TV shows in general annoy me, but ones with the fake audience laugh after every single line have got to be the most irritating for me.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 20th November 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(euro music @ Nov 20 2014, 01:33 PM) *
What annoys me most is when they say 'Coming Up' or 'In Next Week show' then they show clips from them.

I totally agree. If I've sat through an hour-long programme then I have probably decided to watch the next episode. I don't need a trailer to convince me.

It's just as bad when the first few minutes of a documentary-type programme is taken up with a trailer for itself. Even worse, on a commercial channel, I don't want each part (which is only 10-15 minutes in the first place) to end with a trailer for the next part before five minutes+ of commercials and even more bloody trailers. Just show the whole programme, in the right order, with each bit shown once and only once.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 20th November 2014, 05:48 PM
Post #4
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

in deal or no deal when Noel at the start says "...and no questions, except one"

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 20th November 2014, 06:06 PM
Post #5
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

QUOTE(euro music @ Nov 20 2014, 03:33 PM) *

When has an episode preview ever really spoiled anything? It only shows you a few seconds of what the next episode revolves around. Especially in crime tv and shows like Doctor Who, you get practically nothing out of it. Unless you mean soap operas where nothing practically happens, so they have to use the best bits in the trailers.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 20th November 2014, 06:06 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Nov 20 2014, 05:06 PM) *
Turn the channel over perhaps? tongue.gif

American TV shows in general annoy me, but ones with the fake audience laugh after every single line have got to be the most irritating for me.

Thankfully those are few and far between these days, but yeah that really is awful.

I'm quite a fan of promo's for the next episode though, I mean if it's a show I'm following of course I'll be watching the next one, but I always enjoy it if they do a good promo not giving much away and then spend a week anticipating it/envisioning what might happen. Of course I could do that anyway, but it's always nice to have some kind of foundation for it I find.

The thing that annoys me most about TV are glaringly obvious continuity errors, it seems to be more of an issue for US show (but that is about 95% of what I watch). Stuff like an actors hair being totally different, for example in the season 4 premiere of OUAT 2 of the actors couldn't film together for scheduling reasons. Fair enough, but what they did was hire ''doubles'' that were NOTHING LIKE THEM and then stick ridiculous wigs on that look nothing like the actual hair. I mean, REALLY? I know OUAT treats the audience like fools, but that really did IRK ME.

+Quote this post
m
post 20th November 2014, 06:09 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

I sometimes get a little annoyed at Pointless ending every single episode with "...meanwhile it's goodbye from Richard" "Goodbye" "And it's goodbye from me, goodbye"

lol

+Quote this post
Calum
post 20th November 2014, 06:11 PM
Post #8
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

'Next time' and 'Previously' trailers are obviously aimed at casual viewers though. I know with Doctor Who, they cut them out of the DVDs, but they're just planted there to entice the casual viewer and make sure they want to catch the next episode. I don't really find them a problem at all.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 20th November 2014, 06:38 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(Mattias @ Nov 20 2014, 06:09 PM) *
I sometimes get a little annoyed at Pointless ending every single episode with "...meanwhile it's goodbye from Richard" "Goodbye" "And it's goodbye from me, goodbye"

lol

What annoys me most about the show is how Alexander insists on repeating "it's got to be right and it's got to be pointless" in the final, usually three times in a row, just phrased differently.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 21st November 2014, 03:47 AM
Post #10
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

It annoys me a bit when incidental music is particularly distracting / when it doesn't really add much to what you're watching. Can't think of any specific examples, but thankfully most shows I watch use it well i.e. it compliments the scenes.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 21st November 2014, 05:02 AM
Post #11
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

next week we have emeli sande performing.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 21st November 2014, 02:47 PM
Post #12
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Only thing that annoys me that does spring to mind is end credits being squeezed across the screen to show 'Now' and 'Next' menus. BBC One and Two are especially guilty of this!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 21st November 2014, 02:51 PM
Post #13
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

QUOTE(Calum Hood @ Nov 20 2014, 06:11 PM) *
I know with Doctor Who, they cut them out of the DVDs,

Only with Series 5?

(Regarding the complete series boxsets anyway)

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 21st November 2014, 05:42 PM
Post #14
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

I like the "next time" trailers a lot, I've never found them spoilery at all and they just tease the next episode, whetting my appetite. In the case of Doctor Who, this tends to be the only thing I know about the episode (title aside) before it actually airs.

Pointless has many different things that irritate me, the one Mattias mentioned is definitely one laugh.gif as well as Alexander having to list everything TWICE. It's there on the screen, he doesn't need to repeat it... mad.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 23rd November 2014, 11:53 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Another issue with Pointless is that they never show the clues long enough for people at home to try guess the answers. They should keep the clues up at the side of the screen whilst they're showing the participants guessing and finding out their score.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 24th November 2014, 12:14 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

The new drama with Michael Palin, Remember Me, followed the otherwise brilliant In The Flesh in pissing some of us off in grand style. It's bad enough to have clips from the next episode before the credits. It is even worse when you get some of the credits followed by a preview clip then more credits etc. Some of us would like to see the credits but don't want to see any of the next episode until it is broadcast in its entirety.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 08:51 AM