BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ARTPOP • Your Thoughts, We could belong together~
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post 13th September 2017, 01:12 AM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
Because some of y'all need your tastes educating on this album clearly angel.gif

'ARTPOP' is probably Gaga's most divisive album, with a strong group of fans praising it for it's unique blend of art and pop (;o) and for some of the exploration on the record which provides new depths and insights to Gaga, sometimes in a more subtle way and others in a huge way (performance of Swine etc). There are just as many, if not more fans who find the album a cold mess, full of filler, overhyped and a letdown after all the hype of the actual meaning of 'ARTPOP' and how it'd be developed and they also say that it made it wayy harder for her to sell the massive amounts she used to (that's one no one can argue with really sad.gif). what's YOUR opinion on Gaga's third studio album??

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 13th September 2017, 02:03 AM
Post #2
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
wub.gif I don't tend to overly follow wider Gaga fan communties etc so I'm not sure if this is a popular opinion with many monsters but ARTPOP is for sure my favourite album of Gaga's, and I don't actually think I've seen anyone else say that on here ohmy.gif i get the criticisms about the overhyping, the pretentiousness (although that has always been a part of Gaga tbh??) and to someone who wasn't a fan before it probably seemed kinda odd (odd is one of my fave things about Gaga though 👀) but as a fan who was in peak Stan mode in 2013-2014.ish I was loving literally everything she did (I still love her btw, I'm just not in full on Gaga peak mode and for the best tbh, I can get quite scary to casual fans probably laugh.gif) and maybe you could say that clouded my judgement idk but I still love the album just as much now!!

I can honestly say I love every song on their minus 'Aura' and maybe 'MANICURE' although I still like those songs, the rest of the album is up there tbh and the tracks I really really wasn't keen on at first (Donatella, Jewels n Drugs) are now even some of my favourite Gaga songs of all time! (I know 90% of Buzzjack is side eyeing me right now ;o) it's kinda hard to put this in a long ass paragraph so I'ma do a wee track by track:

Aura- Found this hugely grating at first but it's fine now, the manic laughing (I think it's laughing ;o) still kinda scares me though :')
Venus- Hearing this fills me with so much hype *.* also put 'garden panty' in my vocabulary x
G.U.Y- I can see why this flopped tbh, it's not a sound that would really connect with the GP and the video felt like one of those moments that were meant to be BIG but ended up flopping slightly, like Katy's video for Birthday for a better example laugh.gif The song is amazing though, one of the most instant tracks for sure! I sure as hell hope I'm not the only one here who's ever been yelling 'Mount your goddess' out at 4am on repeat while playing this. ;o
Sexxxx Dreams- Ah this was a massive grower!! I honesty don't come back to it a lot but when I do I go hard *.*
Jewels 'n' Drugs- As I said, I legit hated this at the start but it's such a jam and an urban bop is always welcome. A bit more Gaga in it would be my only criticism but I suppose they do fit in with the vibe! The start of the chorus gives me chills every time *.* trapGa to return, just for one song if anything laugh.gif
MANiCURE- 💅🏻 Love the sassiness in this one, I can see how it can grate and it can be a bit much sometimes but this is still so goood when it's good <3
Do Want U Want- Xtina version >> Incredible sex anthem, a song I will proudly admit to screaming when I'm sober as well as drunk *.* Gutted we never got a video, the peeks of the one that was filmed looked...interesting (did the full one ever leak? ohmy.gif), not sure it would've been the kind of thing I would've needed to watch more than once tbh laugh.gif
ARTPOP- <3 <3 this could be my second favourite on here, it's a very dreamy song and it always manages to make me feel like I'm in another world, it's a great one full 100% volume headphones *.* at the time I was slightly disappointed with the lyrics as I wanted a lil clarification as to exactly what 'ARTPOP' meant and meant to her but looking back it's good she left some secrecy to it, or maybe she had to as it was too personal to her, I know she was struggling a lot during the period of this era. sad.gif Love this song so much, I highly doubt she will but if she performs this in Manchester I'm legit gonna weep cry.gif
Swine- Gah this is a song I feel bad bopping to as you know the horrible circumstances and meaning of the song later on sad.gif I completely get why people were disappointed in this after the festival performance (which again is quite hard to watch sad.gif) but it would probably just get into my top five on ARTPOP, the beat is probably trashy af but I love it!!
Donatella- We finally got that Gaga/Donatella meeting last year *.* this annoyed me so much initially but it's just grew and grew and is now probably my 4th favourite here ohmy.gif (Behind Applause, ARTPOP and Do What U Want, Fashion!, Swine, MJH and Venus just behind!) It's another one where I totally get why it grates on others but I find it addictive af, although the lyrics are :') worthy at times laugh.gif
Fashion!- This could be her most underrated track ever ohmy.gif so care free and generally FABULOUS, the piano at the start is lovely and the whole song high key reminds me of 'Let's Dance' which can only be a good thing! *.* fairly basic but incredibly addictive, tell me I'm not it's only fan on here? ohmy.gif
MJH- Similar to Swine, the ANGER in this makes it incredible to rock out to *.* the lyrics are something criticised often in this song but I love the feel and tongue in cheek of them!! this is definitely another one that gets way too much hate, the rock vibe in this song is one of my favourites on the album and I'd love Gaga to explore 'harder' rock like this again in the future!
Gypsy- I'm not sure it would've been huge but commercially this should've been the third single for sure, probably the most pure pop song on the album and while it'd probably be in my bottom half of the album I still love it, it's amazing for morning motivation *.* (if that's a thing laugh.gif)
Applause- My favourite Gaga song wub.gif I honestly don't know what it is, Bad Romance is probably a stronger song but as much as I adore that completely Applause is what I listen to more (I listen to both pretty regularly though!!), one thing could be that I associate Applause with my peak Gaga stanning so it's more special to me if that makes sense laugh.gif Incredible song, an all time classic imo wub.gif

Omg mess, I did not intend for that post to be so hella long laugh.gif (love this album soooo much, I could've written much more lmao but it's 3am and y'all would probably have me on ignore for projecting my 100,000 word ramblings about a four year old Gaga album onto you ;o)

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post 13th September 2017, 05:30 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481
It's better than Joanne. Shame we never got a video for DWYW though.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 13th September 2017, 05:57 AM
Post #4
Group icon
User: 13,007
Yass this thread Andrew! I'll comment my full thoughts later but in short I sort of love it myself. The first half of the album is INSANE in the best possible way. It's my third fave project from her after BTW and TFM.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 14th September 2017, 03:07 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
As a whole it's my least favorite Gaga album but I enjoy around 3/4 of the tracks on there. I feel as though if the album was promoted better and the singles were different it would've brought a lot more success. I'm still intrigued to hear ACT 2 or the original album but I feel as though it performed a lot better than people made out.

For me I would've released Gypsy, Sexxx Dreams and Manicure as singles.

All in all though a good album.

+Quote this post
post 14th September 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
deserved grammys

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread