BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee, November 16th // Nintendo Switch
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
lewistgreen
post May 30 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
I am so ready! This legit looks incredible. Can't wait to play it on a Switch!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post May 30 2018, 12:55 PM
Post #22
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
Really looking forward to this, it looks great *.*

+Quote this post
Defaze
post May 30 2018, 01:38 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 17,608
I'm still going to buy this regardless since I've played every mainline game since RB, but the the whole 'catering to new players' spiel they're pushing has me worried. It's almost shocking how much they've already simplified the games since the transition to 3D. I wouldn't be surprised if EVs/IVs had been eradicated, since apparently breeding/wild Pokemon battling are no-more.

That plus being stuck with the original 151 (are they seriously going to limit the likes of Crobat/Blissey/Steelix et al. again?!) and what seems to be an exact replica of the original Kanto region which, while great for nostalgic purposes, is ridiculously bland and one-note. I'm hoping for a few new routes/towns here and there, but what we've seen doesn't really indicate that.

Oh, and for the love of God, less unskippable cut-scenes and no f***ing Lillie/Hau. USUM is nigh-on unplayable for me.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post May 30 2018, 02:22 PM
Post #24
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1001816342469672960

These are not the main-line Pokemon games announced at E3 last year, I'm guessing these are bascially spin-offs.

This post has been edited by WhoOdyssey: May 30 2018, 02:36 PM

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post May 30 2018, 03:35 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ May 30 2018, 03:22 PM) *
https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1001816342469672960

These are not the main-line Pokemon games announced at E3 last year, I'm guessing these are bascially spin-offs.

I think Liam confirmed that already in his earlier post.

This post has been edited by lewistgreen: May 30 2018, 03:35 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post May 30 2018, 03:43 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Yep I did laugh.gif

These are still basically main series tbh it's just something different. It's a re-imagining of Yellow really which isn't that far away from the remakes we get every generation which aren't spin-offs, it's just a slightly different way of doing a remake that isn't so note for note. I don't see why everyone is fussing round over whether it's a spin off or main series game as if that's the most important thing lmaooo

They said that there's a main series coming in 2019 so this is the same timeline as always with a remake a year before the next gen.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post May 30 2018, 04:31 PM
Post #27
Group icon
That Pokeball add-on looks cool, I hope it isn't too expensive.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post May 31 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #28
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
It's too much like Pokemon Go for me. On the one hand, an updated remake of Kanto is great. I quite like how the Pokemon are seen walking around and you just approach who you want to battle, but at the same time it kinda ruins the idea of random encounters. It reminds me of the Pokemon hunting mechanic thing we had in ORAS (and maybe more? I can't remember) where you see a Pokemon shaking its tail and you slowing creep up to it to battle. I like it but I also don't? tongue.gif I like being able to battle wild Pokemon which was the main reason I got bored of Pokemon Go so quickly. What's the point in just throwing Pokeballs at everything without battling them first? It's like the entire game is just a Safari Zone. Safari Zone's are fun for a bit but once you've caught everything there is to catch (like 7-8 unique Pokemon) you leave and never come back...

+Quote this post
Tombo
post May 31 2018, 04:03 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
QUOTE(Dexton @ May 31 2018, 04:25 PM) *
It's too much like Pokemon Go for me. On the one hand, an updated remake of Kanto is great. I quite like how the Pokemon are seen walking around and you just approach who you want to battle, but at the same time it kinda ruins the idea of random encounters. It reminds me of the Pokemon hunting mechanic thing we had in ORAS (and maybe more? I can't remember) where you see a Pokemon shaking its tail and you slowing creep up to it to battle. I like it but I also don't? tongue.gif I like being able to battle wild Pokemon which was the main reason I got bored of Pokemon Go so quickly. What's the point in just throwing Pokeballs at everything without battling them first? It's like the entire game is just a Safari Zone. Safari Zone's are fun for a bit but once you've caught everything there is to catch (like 7-8 unique Pokemon) you leave and never come back...

Maybe you battle them first before throwing the Pokeball.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post May 31 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Has it been confirmed there’s no battling in this game at all.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post May 31 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(lewistgreen @ May 31 2018, 06:14 PM) *
Has it been confirmed there’s no battling in this game at all.

There's battling in the trailer so it is there

+Quote this post
Liаm
post May 31 2018, 08:33 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
They've confirmed there is no wild baffles so I think it's just using the Go mechanic. That's my problem with it really, I'm not the biggest fan of Go by any means but it works for something like that, not as a mechanic for the whole thing. Grinding will be even more tedious now, assuming we still get Exp for catching (which obv you didn't in gen 1), that you just have to keep flicking a ball at the same figure to get Exp...

I hope exp is a thing anyway, I'm definitely out if you have to catch like 50 of the same Pokemon to get the "candies" and evolve them :/ I doubt they would though, such simplistic gameplay is fine for a free smartphone game but they wouldn't do that for a full retail game. With battles in the game it'll be a bit rounded but I'm gonna wait to see more before I decide to get a Switch or anything

+Quote this post
Oliver
post May 31 2018, 09:09 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367
QUOTE(Liаm @ May 31 2018, 09:33 PM) *
They've confirmed there is no wild baffles so I think it's just using the Go mechanic. That's my problem with it really, I'm not the biggest fan of Go by any means but it works for something like that, not as a mechanic for the whole thing. Grinding will be even more tedious now, assuming we still get Exp for catching (which obv you didn't in gen 1), that you just have to keep flicking a ball at the same figure to get Exp...

I hope exp is a thing anyway, I'm definitely out if you have to catch like 50 of the same Pokemon to get the "candies" and evolve them :/ I doubt they would though, such simplistic gameplay is fine for a free smartphone game but they wouldn't do that for a full retail game. With battles in the game it'll be a bit rounded but I'm gonna wait to see more before I decide to get a Switch or anything

Oh definitely; the whole candy evolution thing from the app would be a proper turn off. I know they are trying to cater to the new, young audience, but they seem to be caring less and less about the hardcore original Pokemon gamers who just wanted a proper back to basics game but in glorious HD on a modern console.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Jun 6 2018, 03:50 PM
Post #34
Group icon
https://www.serebii.net/news/2018/06-June-2018.shtml

The Pokemon CEO has said that the next generation Pokemon game is due for release in the second half of 2019, will have better graphics than any prior Pokémon game, that it'll be completely new aimed at experienced fans, not like Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee and states that it will contain many brand new Pokémon.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 12 2018, 05:40 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
There's CP instead of actual stats mellow.gif this definitely feels like a more fleshed out Go playing out in Kanto.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Jun 12 2018, 05:49 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 12 2018, 06:40 PM) *
There's CP instead of actual stats mellow.gif this definitely feels like a more fleshed out Go playing out in Kanto.

What's CP? Is that the same thing from Pokemon Go?

I am quite excited for this game

Don't forget the game next year which will be more for people used to the handhold games.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 12 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
QUOTE(Tombo @ Jun 12 2018, 06:49 PM) *
What's CP? Is that the same thing from Pokemon Go?

I am quite excited for this game

Don't forget the game next year which will be more for people used to the handhold games.

Yeah it's like the simplified Pokemon Go version idk how it works exactly I think it's like a number that represents everything rather than having attack and speed etc separately.

And yeah true I'll just probably skip this one and wait patiently for the one that's "for" me, it's interesting they are chasing a different demographic!

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Jun 12 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 12 2018, 07:00 PM) *
Yeah it's like the simplified Pokemon Go version idk how it works exactly I think it's like a number that represents everything rather than having attack and speed etc separately.

And yeah true I'll just probably skip this one and wait patiently for the one that's "for" me, it's interesting they are chasing a different demographic!

Ah ok I play Pokemon Go and there are still stats but just one for attack, rather than special and physical separate. It's the same for defence. Then these make up the CP.

I am just gutted by how much the Switch is laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 12 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Oh ok that makes sense it's still simplified from the main games, I think this is a good business move tbf grabbing casual people from Go and bridging them to the "actual" games, as it's still an adventure like the normal games but has the simpler play of Go so newbies will feel its more accessible and not intimidating or too much to learn (not that Pokemon is rocket science, but still). It's just really not for me and certainly not something I'd want to buy a Switch for.

Looks like there's a lot of hand holding so it won't go down well with many hardcore fans as that was an issue in Sun & Moon, for example there's a screenshot that shows you have to have a grass or water type to be able to challenge Brock's gym.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 12 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Lengthy gameplay shown:

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:00 PM