BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Game of Thrones (Season 6), first trailer released
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post Apr 25 2016, 09:57 PM
Post #21
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

Pretty standard first episode of GoT season to catch up with things, they have so many plot threads it's not got anywhere near the tight focus it had in the early seasons. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing but other episodes need to be less jumpy. Still no Bran or Sam even with all the threads they jumped around and Sam probably has the most of his storyline left to catch up on out of everyone.

Best thing tonight was Sansa/Theon hooking up with Brienne/Pod. Worst/most notable was that clusterf*** of a thing in Dorne, I didn't mind it last season even though most hated it but having read partway through that part in the books, seeing them kill off Dr Bashir and his son for... reasons, well, they'd better have a good payoff for that along the road. No Arianne or Quentyn (presumably, I haven't actually got to any bits where Quentyn is introduced) is screwing that bit up. Even if it is too many characters even for this show, children of major nobles (and a POV character as well) are kind of important.

But yeah, I'm sure it'll get a lot better as it goes along. Intrigued about Melisandre, I never imagined she had such depths.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 25 2016, 10:12 PM
Post #22
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

YESSS! Brienne and Podrick coming to save Theon and Sansa was my favourite moment too wub.gif

I too, wanted Bran though. I'm so intrigued by his story! I was kind of gutted that he didn't get a look in last season, but I'm hoping that the break from him will only ravel itself to be a great thing! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Apr 25 2016, 11:30 PM
Post #23
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Hope the Jon Snow stuff isn't dragged out too long. I imagine it will be episode 4 or 5 before he's back with us.

So many hints to it in the episode, but I saw Melisandre losing faith as a duality with the viewers also losing faith that he will be back (except of course he will be revived one way or another).

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Apr 26 2016, 12:54 AM
Post #24
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Rooney @ Apr 26 2016, 12:30 AM) *
Hope the Jon Snow stuff isn't dragged out too long. I imagine it will be episode 4 or 5 before he's back with us.

So many hints to it in the episode, but I saw Melisandre losing faith as a duality with the viewers also losing faith that he will be back (except of course he will be revived one way or another).

I hope it's nowhere near that long. White Walkers need to start tearing away at the Wall already.

My friends and I were speculating that Melisandre will sacrifice herself to bring him back - her taking off her younger form has got to indicate that any 'magic'/Lord of Light powers she has is getting weaker at least. Although when Thoros brought Beric back was there a toll for him to pay? I feel like I remember something about him saying it getting harder each time but it's been so long since I've seen season 3.

+Quote Post
Severin
post Apr 26 2016, 12:01 PM
Post #25
Mansonette
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

Not convinced that her powers are weakening. Simply that they are granted by either the necklace or the potions she uses. She's talked about it all being illusion before and Carice Van Houten blabbed about her being hundreds of years old some time back.

There's another school of thought that suggests Melisandre is a red herring and that she will do little to actually resurrect Snow, if anything but that she will follow him. It suggests his body will be burned and that his Targaryen blood will cause him to be reborn as Azor Ahai in a similar way to Danearys was in season 1.

I'm not entirely convinced, especially as we know a certain person will be returning this season and it renders their inclusion potentially pointless but there's possibly something there.

This post has been edited by Severin: Apr 26 2016, 12:04 PM

+Quote Post
post Apr 26 2016, 12:39 PM
Post #26
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

I really don't even have much to say about that episode other than that I hope Margery gets out of that cell in due course.

It was okay.

+Quote Post
Jimmy Jam
post Apr 26 2016, 12:48 PM
Post #27
tempted by kings with the finest of things
Member No.: 21,231
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Joe. @ Apr 26 2016, 01:39 PM) *
I really don't even have much to say about that episode other than that I hope Margery gets out of that cell in due course.

It was okay.

I need Margery to be okay, she'd my favourite character cry.gif

The episode was quite good. Wondering the significance of the blood splatter from Jon huh.gif

Brienne and Pod saving Sansa and Theon was my highlight too. First episode is always one of the worst of the season because they have to get the ball rolling again, and as been previously said, with so many different story lines, that's a lot of balls

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Apr 26 2016, 05:30 PM
Post #28
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Severin @ Apr 26 2016, 01:01 PM) *
Not convinced that her powers are weakening. Simply that they are granted by either the necklace or the potions she uses. She's talked about it all being illusion before and Carice Van Houten blabbed about her being hundreds of years old some time back.

There's another school of thought that suggests Melisandre is a red herring and that she will do little to actually resurrect Snow, if anything but that she will follow him. It suggests his body will be burned and that his Targaryen blood will cause him to be reborn as Azor Ahai in a similar way to Danearys was in season 1.

I'm not entirely convinced, especially as we know a certain person will be returning this season and it renders their inclusion potentially pointless but there's possibly something there.

I saw it as a sign that she was losing hope. Stannis has dead, and now Jon Snow is dead, her prophecy won't come true. I think if it was as simple to resurrect him, she would have done it by now. But it's clear that he will come back in one form or another, I thought the Cersi & Jamie conversation that prophecies ALWAYS come true as a massive give away. And they made a big thing about Winterfell with the Boltons and at Castle Black.

+Quote Post
Severin
post Apr 26 2016, 10:54 PM
Post #29
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah she's definitely having a crisis of faith but there are a number of ways this could go. I believe her prophecy will be borne out but she has made mistakes previously.
She made Stannis fit the prophecy rather than the prophecy fit Stannis. However, she did have a vision of Jon Snow fighting at Winterfell, and I'm sure he will. She may hunt down Thoros to do the deed or teach her his ability. Jon's body could be frozen whilst this happens and his 'soul' may be in Ghost.

The funeral pyre theory may be possible or she she may find a way to resurrect him herself.

Whatever happens I think both R+L = J and the Azor Ahai/Prince That Was Promised theories are both true of Jon.

+Quote Post
Cremey
post May 2 2016, 11:37 AM
Post #30
on a bench in coney island
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

Well that was a much better episode than the first. So eventful.
I get that the first had to set up a few storylines, so I'm hoping it's all go from here on.

Welcome back, Jon Snow 👋🏻
Actually surprised he's back already, thought it would take them a few episodes at least (if it was to happen at all!)

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post May 2 2016, 02:39 PM
Post #31
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Looo worst kept secret on TV

+Quote Post
Severin
post May 2 2016, 05:01 PM
Post #32
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

Every single significant characters story was propelled forward in a meaningful way in this week's episode with the exception of anyone on Essos... and Gendry. #stillrowing

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post May 2 2016, 10:31 PM
Post #33
   No Gallery Pics

I can see them racing to catch the Greyjoy story up with everything else as I knew they'd have to biggrin.gif

Very eventful although I'm slightly concerned that we've had High Lord murders in three of the seven/eight/nine kingdoms in the first two episodes - do these people not think to invest in proper security at this point?! But then the two that happened tonight, Balon's was long overdue and I can see the motivation for the Bolton one - several of the people I was watching it with thought it the murder had been the other way around as Roose is far more subtle a character than Ramsey. But then more acting from Iwan Rheon in 'crazy man' guise will be welcomed until he inevitably falls to hubris.

Obviously Jon coming back to life was inevitable, I'm more interested in what he'll do now he's woken up alone, naked and with scars, with everyone else convinced he's still cold.

(also: yay references to all my favourite Northern houses, bring the Karstarks, Umbers, Manderlys, Glovers and Mormonts back into this *.* Or maybe some of them because the TV showrunners aren't completely crazy)

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post May 3 2016, 06:09 PM
Post #34
Member No.: 13,007

A much better episode on the whole. Was brilliant to see Bran return, and the flashback scene was interesting to see - the show doesn't usually mess with time so it worked well as a one-off. The ending mellow.gif I was expecting it to happen as soon as Melisandre popped up but I still SCREAMED at the final moment - expertly built up culminating in a perfect release. Moments like this make me realise why the show is so well appreciated, it's meticulous.

Only downside: i'm sort of really bored at Arya's storyline right now. She's one of my big favourite characters but we just keep saying the same thing over and over again and while Maisie is an incredible actress I feel she's just playing the same role week in week out now. I haven't read the books so not sure where it's leading to, but please move somewhere soon ~

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 3 2016, 06:16 PM
Post #35
WINTER IS COMING

Really good episode.

I thought the Balon scenes were really rushed and slightly pointless. I get it's a plot device, but it just seemed kinda tagged on. I'm assuming his death was shown when it was because Jon Snow could only come back to life once the five kings had died (think they're all dead now anyhow??). As for the reveal, well it was obvious Jon would always come back. I had both Jon's death and resurrection spoiled through people telling me face to face!!! So the final scene lost a bit of tension as I always knew Jon would wake up.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post May 3 2016, 06:34 PM
Post #36
   No Gallery Pics

Balon died (offpage) in book 3 or even 2 - I was definitely surprised and had to reread to check when I got up to that part as he'd been safe and seemingly forgotten about up to Season 4 or wherever the show was then - and since then there's been a lot of Greyjoy/Iron Island storyline advancement in the books, so much so that until Euron's announcement as cast this time I thought they'd completely cast it all aside. I feel like Balon was actually the first of Melisandre's prophecy to die there, here, he's the last. Euron (and Victarion, who seems to have been cut sad.gif ) is a much better character than Balon so the sooner that storyline really gets to focus on him the better.

I feel like Arya's finally going somewhere with this episode. I feel she might have learned how to play the Faceless Men and will soon be out of there once they give her her sight back. Or I hope.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post May 3 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #37
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I'd completely forgotten about the Greyjoys so that scene had me confused. Showed how much impact they had on me I guess.

Great episode though, felt far more classic GOT than last week's mere establishing episode and the plots all seem to be going somewhere now, I was foolish to think Ramsay wouldn't be as evil as to do what he did really mellow.gif And who could've seen that last reveal coming ay???? ohmy.gif (In all srsness, I do hope Jon's character is developed this series and he isn't just EXACTLY the same person he was before he died, it would've made it all a bit pointless other than trolling fans).

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 3 2016, 07:04 PM
Post #38
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ May 3 2016, 07:39 PM) *
I'd completely forgotten about the Greyjoys so that scene had me confused. Showed how much impact they had on me I guess.

Great episode though, felt far more classic GOT than last week's mere establishing episode and the plots all seem to be going somewhere now, I was foolish to think Ramsay wouldn't be as evil as to do what he did really mellow.gif And who could've seen that last reveal coming ay???? ohmy.gif (In all srsness, I do hope Jon's character is developed this series and he isn't just EXACTLY the same person he was before he died, it would've made it all a bit pointless other than trolling fans).

Well his death served a purpose in one sense, as he did died, so he served his oath at Castle Black. Anyway next week apparently reveals Jon's parentage, (or at least one half) and there was a big hint to it the episode. Technically Jon Snow is dead.. Jon Stark arises.

+Quote Post
Severin
post May 3 2016, 08:18 PM
Post #39
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

Speculation and potential spoilers ahead.

The next episode is called Oathbreaker - features the Tower Of Joy - and Jon Snow has been reborn as... AA/TPTWP? (not so sure about Jon Stark as technically he'd need a king/warden to legitimise him)-

Looks like someone's 'watch has ended' and that they may well unite the Northern houses/Wildings behind him and his half-sister.

I think 'Snow Bowl' will happen around mid season.

+Quote Post
Severin
post May 9 2016, 07:05 PM
Post #40
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

I was worried that Ser Arthur Dayne would be disappointing but that fight was brilliant

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 12:23 AM