BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RESULTS: 2015 Pop Forum Awards, Starting Now.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cameron
post 13th January 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #21
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Best track to be relegated to a deluxe bonus
Little Mix – Secret Love Song (Part II) – 12 votes
Taylor Swift – New Romantics – 11 votes
Carly Rae Jepsen – I Didn’t Just Come Here To Dance – 5 votes
Troye Sivan – BITE – 2 votes
Selena Gomez – Outta My Hands (Loco) – 1 vote

Winning this category is Secret Love Song (Part II) by Little Mix. My personal favourite track on the album was written by Buzzjack LEGEND Tich. This stripped back Deruloless version of the track is stunning and shows off the strong vocals of each member of the band. I actually prefer this version to the main version and can honestly not praise it enough. One of the best girl band ballads of recent years. Taylor Swift follows with the fantastic New Romantics. The track is a definite highlight of 1989 and I am still shocked at the fact it is not on the regular version of the album. I think it would be the perfect album closer and it seems that some of you do too as it gains an impressive 11 votes! Carly Rae Jepsen’s I Didn’t Just Come Here To Dance completes the top 3 after being such a highlight from Emotion. Troye Sivan manages to get 2 votes with BITE. In all honesty I have not heard this track, but it must be pretty good as it managed to get into the final. I think I will listen to it at some point as I think it might definitely be worth it. Selena Gomez’s Outta My Hands (Loco) closes this section with only 1 point. Poor Selegend.

©Commentary by Cameron
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 13th January 2016, 07:58 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

I forget A$AP was ever in that song laugh.gif

Yay at Fight Song winning surprise smash cheer.gif but no at her flopping in Best Emerging sob.gif Zara is a worthy winner though.

Carly winning Saviour too cheer.gif and good to see Taylor Swift winning female solo.

Not surprised Secret Love Song pt 2 won the AT award kink.gif both versions are great and New Romantics and IDJCHTD were great too biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Rachel Spadzten: 13th January 2016, 07:59 PM

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 13th January 2016, 07:59 PM
Post #23
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*

Most Underrated Single
Carly Rae Jepsen – Run Away With Me – 13 votes
Selena Gomez – Same Old Love – 6 votes
Jessie J – Flashlight – 5 votes
Marina & The Diamonds – I’m A Ruin – 5 votes
Jason Derulo – Cheyenne – 4 votes

Winning this category is Carly Rae Jepsen with the fantastic ‘Run Away With Me’. I assume that the people voting for this were meaning chart wise as the track is definitely not underrate on Buzzjack. laugh.gif The track really is pop gold and it is rather mind boggling that it never smashed in the charts as it is the perfect song for a chart hit. Coming second is the Charli XCX written (and chorused) Same Old Love. This track really is one of Selena’s best and is just so catchy. Selena’s vocals also impress on this track which is always a good thing! wink.gif Jessica Cornish comes third with the lead single from the Pitch Perfect 2 soundtrack, Flashlight. This should have won for the thumbnail of the music video alone tbh. The track is actually rather beautiful and Jessie J’s vocals are quite bearable for a change. Gaining the same number of points as Flashlight is Marina & The Diamonds with I’m A Ruin. After being one of the highlights on Froot, the track is loved widely on Buzzjack. However it is a shame the chart’s did not show it the same love that it has received on the forum as it really is truly outstanding. Jason Derulo comes last with Cheyenne. It is a good track and probably one of his best singles, but just light the majority of the songs here, it flopped in the charts which is not good!

©Commentary by Cameron

Also, that is me off! Liam will be with you at some point to finish the results cheer.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th January 2016, 08:15 PM
Post #24
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Flashlight 3rd *.* And Taylor winning best female heart.gif

New Romantics losing for a 2nd year in a row though and by 1 vote sad.gif (And I'd guess was 2nd last year as well sad.gif )

+Quote this post
post 13th January 2016, 08:19 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

This is excellent so far Cam! Most of the winners in really pleased with. Commentaries are really well thought out.

Though the shade of "hit" for Doing It! It's sold the same as Good For You!

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 13th January 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #26
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*

QUOTE(Joe. @ Jan 13 2016, 08:19 PM) *
Though the shade of "hit" for Doing It! It's sold the same as Good For You!

That was just Tim shading Charlotte XYZ as usual drama.gif

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 13th January 2016, 08:33 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

kink.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 13th January 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #28
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Jan 13 2016, 07:18 PM) *
Great to see Elina & Stig picking up votes, but I think Fleur deserved that award really. Little Mix had a great performance but Fleur's performance created such an incredible reaction at the time whereas I've seen several performances similar to Little Mix's however great it was.
WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

To put it bluntly. You're WRONG.

QUOTE(Cameron @ Jan 13 2016, 07:41 PM) *
Best Emerging Artist
Zara Larsson – 8 votes
Fleur East – 7 votes
Troye Sivan – 7 votes
Dua Lipa – 3 votes
Grace – 3 votes
Rachel Platten – 3 votes
Charlie Puth – 1 vote
This should've been no-one but Troye's! I'm already finding Zara slightly overrated and she's barely released anything yet! 'Lush Life' is nice, but that's all. The collab she's done is "ok" but again, that's it. Troye's album is on repeat for me atm. So many gems <3 He has so much more potential as an artist too I think.

Oh and I had NO idea that Troye was YOUNG WOLVERINE!!! ohmy.gif

Apart from these, I don't think I'm too mad about the results. Little Mix actually slaying. <3 As well as a nice few wins for Carly! I very nearly voted for her over Little Mix in the album award, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Oh and how did 'Doing It' get SO close to winning "Collaboration Of the Year"?! I mean it's a nice little pop song, but I'm surprised 'Good For You' didn't practically walk away with it! (Oh and shame on you all for not nomming 'Body On Me'! cry.gif)

Great write-ups and commentary so far though guys wub.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 13th January 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #29
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
User: 20,835

Good winners so far epically Carly Rae Jespen winning both best album and best underrated

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 13th January 2016, 09:42 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Good to see Carly scoop some much deserved wins. wub.gif

This was another one I missed out on voting in. Damn and blast.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 13th January 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #31
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042

I don't get all these wins for Carly and seemingly everyone else had forgotten to nominate her for "Best Pop Female"? sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Vülker
post 13th January 2016, 11:19 PM
Post #32
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222

QUOTE(Cameron @ Jan 13 2016, 07:32 PM) *
Best Album Artwork
Little Mix – Get Weird - 11 votes

Yeah it's good, but it's got nothing on this version:

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 13th January 2016, 11:29 PM
Post #33
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

ZARA <3 <3 <3

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 13th January 2016, 11:35 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I'll be finishing the results tomorrow, not as planned but our internet has been playing up for hours now and it's only just come back on so I haven't been able to post drama.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th January 2016, 07:18 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

This is starting again in the next 10 minutes biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 14th January 2016, 07:25 PM
Post #36
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

How was that awful Kelly Clarkson album cover even consider for 'best album artwork'?! It's horrific!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th January 2016, 07:29 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Most anticipated comeback for 2016

Rihanna – 10 votes
Lady Gaga – 7 votes
Katy Perry – 6 votes
Britney Spears – 6votes
Michelle McManus – 4 votes

Despite tanking since FourFiveSeconds, the power of Rihanna is such that she still has everyone anticipating ANTI’s eventual release in 2020…. It’s has more delays than her irrelevant rivals have accumulated sales, and yet I have to admit I do have real faith (however blind it may be) that she’ll deliver.

Lady Gaga is just behind, and in recent days hype has increased as Gaga confirmed a 2016 release. Fans are speculating what it may entail, but with Gaga you never can tell. One thing’s for sure, it’ll be uniquely Gaga, off the wall and most probably high quality.

Katy Perry’s 2015 largely consisted of successful tour legs through Europe, Asia and Latin America as well as a widely publicised fued with Taylor Swift. Whilst nothing is confirmed, it’s probably a good bet that Katy will return in 2016 with another monster pop album, and given her usual standard it's sure to be completely worth the wait.

Pretty Girls wasn’t a great start for the era for Brit, but one bad song won’t undo her loyal fans’ anticipation for the next album. We’ve had lots of teasers about her working in the studio, but nothing concrete.

Sadly, Michellle’s iconic performance of her bumping-in-the-whip anthem Psalm 27’s dubtrack ubiquity wasn’t enough to fully whet appetites and the queen of Pop Idol fails to win all the anticipation (secret banta).

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 14th January 2016, 07:35 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Rhenna :clap3:

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th January 2016, 07:42 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Song too good to be an album track

Selena Gomez – Sober – 8 votes
Halsey – Colors – 7 votes
Ella Eyre – Two – 6 votes
The Vamps ft. Silento – Volcano – 5 votes
Samantha Jade – Naked – 2 votes

The winner here by a whisker is Selegend, with her stunning electro-pop gem Sober. Despite Charli XCX not having touched this song, this is very reminiscent of Boom Clap except a whole lot better than anything Charli has ever produced (except Nuclear Seasons which is a solid 14/10 moment). It’s one of the many moments on the album which perfectly matches Selena’s “asthmatic lamb” vocals with gorgeous production, plus it’s possibly the most overtly heartbreaking song on the album amongst hordes of feminist anthems, sexy jams and a lot of sassy defiance, which her fragile, vulnerble voice only improves <3
Just missing out by 1 vote is alternative Tumblr queen Halsey, with a song that she clearly agrees is too good to just be an album track because February will see its release to US radio. Colors lyrically centres around her “creative colour” blue whch Halsey has stated represents many things for her.
Ella Eyre was somewhat surprisingly leading for most of the way through this! Two is a lovely soulful track, with production that echoes Emeli Sande’s Daddy. I doubt this will see the light of day as a single given she has already released 300 singles from Feline tongue.gif
The Vamps are just another vote, with the horrendous Silento on featured vocals. I guess it does sound like it could be a hit, if they were to release it.
Samantha Jade is in last place, with an R&B ballad that see her open up a bit. A pleasant enough listen but I’m sure anything left is single worthy on the album, this is one of the best though.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th January 2016, 07:49 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Best single artwork

Taylor Swift – Bad Blood – 10 votes
Ellie Goulding – On My Mind – 8 votes
Britney Spears ft. Iggy Azalea – Pretty Girls – 5 votes
Foxes – Body Talk – 5 votes
Iggy Azalea ft. Jennifer Hudson – Trouble – 4 votes

Taylor Swift (or rather whover was graphic designer for her cover) wins another award, this time for her movie poster style single cover fr Bad Blood. In keeping with the epic action film style video, the cover features of a striking image of Taylor as well as a tagline and mostly monochrome colour scheme.
Ellie’s covers are always so simple, striking and stunning. On My Mind is no exception, simply featuring a photo of Ellie in a pose and the text on top. It’s not particularly outstanding but I always seem to like her covers.
The bizarre cartoony cover is about the about thing enjoyable about the entire campaign for Britney & Iggy’s Pretty Girls… So let’s leave that there, we all wish the song was as good as the cover.
Foxes is such a beauty with a striking presence, and Body Talk’s artwork shows that off, with a lovely font to top it off. This would have been a much better album cover than the one we got, which lets us know how cold that day was via her nipples :’)
In last place is Iggy Azalea again, with the cover for Trouble. Again, this one is very good and much better than the song! The cartoon cover is parallel to the video and is very well drawn/designed.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 03:33 AM