BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RESULTS: 2015 Pop Forum Awards, Starting Now.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-0-0
post 14th January 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #41
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

remember to pre-order zara x
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th January 2016, 07:57 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Most overrated single

LunchMoney Lewis – Bills – 12 votes
Adele – Hello – 8 votes
Kanye West, Rihanna & Paul McCartney – FourFiveSeconds – 4 votes
One Direction – Drag Me Down – 3 votes
Little Mix – Black Magic – 2 votes
Somehow, Bills was a sizeable hit worldwide in 2015. I wouldn’t say it’s particularly rated enough to be overrated, but I won’t argue with it winning this as it’s obnoxiously irritating and the only bad song on this list. I guess it selling anything at all makes it overrated.
Hello has been inescapbel in the past few months so whilst I adore it I can see how it would be seen as overrated. The powerful chorus bulldozed past rivals to become a #1 with megasales and of course set up the slayage of 25.
FourFiveSeconds again isn’t particularly rated well however you look at it, but here it is. I actually rather like it, it’s more of an album track or even hidden track but it was nice to hear Rhanna take a risk and get a hit out of it.
Drag Me Down was an instant #1 for 1D following a “Beyonce’d” release, although I remember some fans being disappointed that it was a step down from their previous material. It’s neither here nor there for me, I can take it or leave it, but again it doesn’t seem to be that overly popular with fans/th public/us to me.
In a rightful last place as it can NEVER get enough love is Black Magic by Little Mix. An exercise in perfect pop, this track quite frankly deserves every ounce of critical acclaim it attracts.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th January 2016, 08:09 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Best male solo artist

Justin Bieber – 13 votes
Nick Jonas – 5 votes
Jason DeRulo – 4 votes
Olly Murs – 4 votes
Ed Sheeran – 3 votes
Charlie Puth – 2 votes

Of course, it was probably pretty obvious the king of 2016 would smash this. You haven’t been able to escpe Bieber for 2015, especially the latter couple of months which have seen him dominating the top 5 with two or three entries for most weeks! From dance bangers like Sorry to acoustic ballad Love Yourself, Purpose seems to have something for everybody and he’ll probably try his best to dominate 2016 as well!
Nick Jonas is a distant 2nd, with his song Jealous being probably my favourite male track of the past copuple of years as well as smashing in the UK. Levels didn’t do so well, but he’s also incredibly hot which probs helped given this is Buzzjack kink.gif
Jason DeRulo had a huge hit with Want To Want Me in the UK, although sadly the era has been such a mess since that :/ Cheyenne, Try Me and Get Ugly could all be huge the former two seem to have been squandered and skipped, hopefully Get Ugly does something now.
Bae of my heart Olly Murs didn’t have the greatest year musically, with Seasons being a misfire as a single and I never really got into Kiss Me fully sad.gif He manages four votes though as Kiss Me was well receved on here. Its follow-up really shouldn’t be mentioned but 2016 has started well for Olly fans of a certain persuasion for other reasons as he’s been papped on holiday kink.gif
Ed Sheeran is in a similar position, with Bloodstream and Photograph being his only single releases and not being his best. However, his 2014 megaseller x kept shifting shedloads of copies throughout 2015 and would have been the top seller for a second year in a row if Adele hadn’t obliterated him with twice the sales in just the last month and a half of the year!
Charlie Puth trails in last place, despite having been featured on one of the years’ biggest hits (See You Again) and scoring another #1 besides. At least he’s hot.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 14th January 2016, 08:10 PM
Post #44
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

oh hell no

charlie deserved better

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th January 2016, 08:17 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Best comeback

Justin Bieber – 10 votes
Adele – 7 votes
Little Mix – 7 votes
Carly Rae Jepsen – 5 votes
Marina & The Diamonds – 3 votes

Justin Bieber snatches this one from Adele and Little Mix, which as much as I love the other two is something I feel is right. Comeback is a bit of an odd category that is open to personal interpretation, but Justin went from being one of the most hated and panned popstars a few years to total domination and turning the whole world in the world with a couple of dance bangers which is definitely a strong comeback!
Adele and Little Mix tie for second place, with both continuing their always strong presence with brilliant albums and sales (Adele’s being incomparably stratospheric as usual, of course).
Carly Rae Jepsen is also somewhat impressive, although Kiss was well received she was seen as a write off one hit wonder and smashed back with critical acclaim for her second album Emotion. It’s a shame that didn’t translate into sales in the same as Justin Bieber though.
Finally, Marina & The Diamonds returned 3 years after the rlease of Electra Heart, with a sound that mixed both her previous albums but quality that (imo) wasn’t quite as good, even though she always slays x

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th January 2016, 08:29 PM
Post #46
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Worst live performance

(potato quality is all that's available :/)

Ellie Goulding – On My Mind (Live On X Factor) – 10 votes
Kanye West – All Day (Live at the BRITs 2015) – 8 votes
Sam Smith & John Legend – Lay Me Down (Live on Comic Relief 2015) – 7 votes
Jess Glynne – Take Me Home (Live On X Factor) – 5 votes
Madonna – Living For Love (Live at the BRITs 2015) – 2 votes

The winner here, just like best performance, comes from X Factor. Ellie might be a great popstar but admittedly even as a fan her live performances aren’t her strong point!! Ballads can be OK but it’s on uptempos like On My Mind that Ellie’s vocal becomes a breathy mess like this. I don’t think ti’s the worst on this list but it really wasn’t good.
Kanye’s BRITs performance was a huge talking point, as there were pretty much more words censored than broadcast! As a result it was just a bizarre watch, and the song is just a mess in the first place.
Sam Smith and John Legend’s Comic Relief performance was a masterclass in utter tedium. Much like the song really, and Sam Smith’s entire existence pretty much.
Another X Factor performance comes from Jess Glynne. Despite her soulful voice being evident on record, Jess is rather shaky live and this was a total mess. A song like Take Me Home could come across so well live, but it was very off key, flat and just a really awful awkward listen.
In last place is Madonna’s iconic BRIT performance, for reasons touched upon already. It was a bit awful that she fell over but for her to get back up and carry on and the performance to be fine was really impressive, certainly not worthy of “worst” performance imo.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th January 2016, 08:37 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Best group

Little Mix – 16 votes
Years & Years – 11 votes
Fifth Harmony – 4 votes
One Direction – 1 vote
G.R.L. – 0 votes
The Vamps – 0 votes

Of course the golden girls of the year Little Mix smash this, following a year that saw them grab their biggest selling single with Black Magic and their biggest selling album with Get Weird. Their new poppier sound that meshed the sonic vibes of DNA and Salute was a winner with the public and has proven that they’re, in my opinion, the most vocally talented commercial girl group since Destiny’s Child.
Putting up a fair fight in second place, Sound Of 2015 victors Years & Years grab an impressive 11 votes. They scored a #1 single and album, with King being one of the biggest hits of the year. They’d have been my second choice after Little Mix, go Buzzjack having taste *.*
Fifth Harmony are a distant third following their UK breakout with the hit Worth It in 2015. They’ve come along so well as a group since X Factor US in 2012, with some great songs despite their album being patchy. With another album due in 2016, they could show even more as they have real potential still.
One Direction have been the biggest boyband in the world since they formed, but they’ve petered out for now and are on hiatus. 2015 saw their fourth album Made In The AM released, which sold solidly as always, but they only received one vote here despite having an artist forum unlike 5H and Y&Y.
Poor G.R.L. started the year with a flop single in Lighthouse, following the tragic death of member Simone Battle in 2014. The group didn’t survive the loss of their star member unfortunately, and G.R.L. are no more. It’s a such a shame as Ugly Heart showed they had massive amounts of potential.
Also receiving 0 votes are The Vamps, who seem to have become more of a fanbase act this era, with less than impressive chart placings and sales. Sadly, none of said fanbase could spare a vote for them here. Interestingly, these two acts were the only options in any award to receive 0 votes!

With that, I am out and I will leave you in the capable hands of Tim for the final few awards!

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 14th January 2016, 09:02 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Best UK debut
Fleur East – Sax – 13 votes
Natalie La Rose – Somebody – 9 votes
Rachel Platten – Fight Song – 5 votes
Pia Mia ft. Tyga & Chris Brown – Do It Again – 3 votes
Grace – You Don’t Own Me – 2 votes
Charlie Puth ft. Meghan Trainor – Marvin Gaye – 1 vote

The best UK debut comes from Fleur East and her sax. Despite the song being mainly trumpets. Sax was a commercial success in the UK and is currently making waves in Australia.
Europe should follow soon anf hopefully a US debut is down the line for her as well.

Natalie La Rose is the ultimate one-hit wonder of 2015. Her hit single Somebody charted in the UK top 5 and after that it all went tits up. However, the Jerimih collab claims 2nd place
and is regarded as the 2nd debut.

Rachel Platten’s fight song comes 3rd with 5 votes, despite charting higher than Fleur and Natalie. Wot a flop.

Pia Mia, Grace and Charlie Puth come 4th, 5th and 6th with their respective songs Do it Again, You Don’t Own Me and Marvin Gaye. Poor Charlie claims yet another last placer.
Pia Mia was one of the biggest surprises of the year and tot his day I still wonder how it did so well, apart from the flawless factor.

©Commentary by *Tim

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 14th January 2016, 09:07 PM
Post #49
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Yaaas that recognition

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 14th January 2016, 09:14 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Bitch of t seet

Pop villain of the year
Madonna’s Cape – 15 votes
Zayn Malik – 7 votes
Sam Smith – 5 vote
Ed Sheeran – 4 votes
Jess Glynne – 2 votes

Medonster stays as relevant as ever as her cape wins Pop Villain of the year. How dare she? We were all rooting for that performance but the cape had to bully old people and pull Madonna down the stairs.
Bullying old people is mean, Madonna’s Cape, and karma will hit you in the face.

Zayn Malik claims 2nd place in the year he dumped Perrie Edwards via text, left One Direction and feuded with his producer Naughty Boy. Him leaving 1D would be forgiven, had he not claimed
to be leaving to spend more time with Perrie and get out of the spotlight. Instead Mr. Malik went on to dump Perrie weeks after and start working on his solo album. Such a fraud.

The bottom 3 is made up of Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran and Jess Glynne, for crimes against music, overexposure and being bland.

©Commentary by *Tim

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 14th January 2016, 09:22 PM
Post #51
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(Cremey @ Jan 14 2016, 07:25 PM) *
How was that awful Kelly Clarkson album cover even consider for 'best album artwork'?! It's horrific!
On the web it is. But honestly, the actual holographic cover is stunning. It really doesn't do it justice being posted on here. sad.gif

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 14th January 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Bitch of t seet

Best single
Little Mix – Black Magic – 14 votes
Carly Rae Jepsen – Run Away With Me – 12 votes
Selena Gomez ft. A$AP Rocky – Good For You – 3 votes
Justin Bieber – Sorry – 2 votes
Zara Larsson – Lush Life – 2 votes

Little Mix claimed yet another victory as Black Magic becomes Best Single of 2015, just edging out Carly Rae Jepsen.

It was a two horse race and the #1 single Black Magic won it with 14-12. Run Away With Me did well for such a horrible flop single. She put up a fight, but it wasn;t enough.
I guess being overrated as f*** doesn’t guarantee you a win :’)

Selenur’s collab of the year manages a third place with 3 votes, while Bieber and Zara Larsson tie for 4th place with Sorry and Lush Life. Sorry was a worldwide #1 hit and
made the world into even bigger beliebers. It is a great song, but not as good as What Do you mean and Love Yourself.

Zara Larsson is set to break through in 2k16 as Lush Life is blwoing up on Spotify, way before its release on iTunes. It already charted on the UK charts due to this.

©Commentary by *Tim

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 14th January 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Bitch of t seet

Surprise flop of the year
Louisa Johnson – Forever Young – 14 votes
Demi Lovato – Confident – 6 votes
Rihanna – Bitch Better Have My Money – 6 votes
The Vamps – Wake Up – 4 votes
G.R.L. – Lighthouse – 2 votes

Louisa Johnson’s career isn’t of to a flying start is it? Her single Forever Young became one of the worst performing winners singles ever. You’d think being on X-Factor alone and winning
it should secure you at least some decent first week sales? Guess not.

Demon flopped with Confident and as her biggest hater on this website, I am sad about this. Confident was a great song, but I guess radio didn’t like it and it was a bit too in your face for the GP.
It was the best choice left on the album tho.

Rhenna has been frustrating her fans for the whole of 2015, but Bitch Better Have My Money takes 3rd place. The song flopped pretty badly, only performing well on US urban radio.
With ANTi still nowhere to be found, it is doubtful whether she can regain her hold on the music industry again.

TheVamps wake up at #4 and idk this sang. But it is The Vamps so is it really a surprise this flopped? Same goes for Lighthouse.
Did anyone really expect this to do more than a low top 400 on iTunes? Let’s be real people, this was destined to flop.

©Commentary by *Tim

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 14th January 2016, 09:40 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Bitch of t seet

And with that we have announced every category in the 2015 Pop Forum Awards! Thanks to everyone who participated by nominating, voting and commenting wub.gif

Here's a final list:
ARTIST AWARDS
Best female solo artist
Taylor Swift – 15 votes
Selena Gomez – 7 votes
Fleur East – 5 votes
Jess Glynne – 5 votes
Meghan Trainor – 1 vote

Best male solo artist
Justin Bieber – 13 votes
Nick Jonas – 5 votes
Jason DeRulo – 4 votes
Olly Murs – 4 votes
Ed Sheeran – 3 votes
Charlie Puth – 2 votes

Best group
Little Mix – 16 votes
Years & Years – 11 votes
Fifth Harmony – 4 votes
One Direction – 1 vote
G.R.L. – 0 votes
The Vamps – 0 votes

Best emerging pop artist
Zara Larsson – 8 votes
Fleur East – 7 votes
Troye Sivan – 7 votes
Dua Lipa – 3 votes
Grace – 3 votes
Rachel Platten – 3 votes
Charlie Puth – 1 vote

Most anticipated comeback for 2016
Rihanna – 10 votes
Lady Gaga – 7 votes
Katy Perry – 6 votes
Britney Spears – 6votes
Michelle McManus – 4 votes

Pop villain of the year
Madonna’s Cape – 15 votes
Zayn Malik – 7 votes
Sam Smith – 5 vote
Ed Sheeran – 4 votes
Jess Glynne – 2 votes

Pop saviour of the year
Carly Rae Jepsen – 12 votes
Adele – 7 votes
Little Mix – 7 votes
Justin Bieber – 6 votes
Zara Larsson – 1 vote

SONG AWARDS
Best single
Little Mix – Black Magic – 14 votes
Carly Rae Jepsen – Run Away With Me – 12 votes
Selena Gomez ft. A$AP Rocky – Good For You – 3 votes
Justin Bieber – Sorry – 2 votes
Zara Larsson – Lush Life – 2 votes

Best single artwork
Taylor Swift – Bad Blood – 10 votes
Ellie Goulding – On My Mind – 8 votes
Britney Spears ft. Iggy Azalea – Pretty Girls – 5 votes
Foxes – Body Talk – 5 votes
Iggy Azalea ft. Jennifer Hudson – Trouble – 4 votes

Best UK debut
Fleur East – Sax – 13 votes
Natalie La Rose – Somebody – 9 votes
Rachel Platten – Fight Song – 5 votes
Pia Mia ft. Tyga & Chris Brown – Do It Again – 3 votes
Grace – You Don’t Own Me – 2 votes
Charlie Puth ft. Meghan Trainor – Marvin Gaye – 1 vote

Most overated single
LunchMoney Lewis – Bills – 12 votes
Adele – Hello – 8 votes
Kanye West, Rihanna & Paul McCartney – FourFiveSeconds – 4 votes
One Direction – Drag Me Down – 3 votes
Little Mix – Black Magic – 2 votes

Most underrated single
Carly Rae Jepsen – Run Away With Me – 13 votes
Selena Gomez – Same Old Love – 6 votes
Jessie J – Flashlight – 5 votes
Marina & The Diamonds – I’m A Ruin – 5 votes
Jason DeRulo – Cheyenne – 4 votes

Best Collaboration
Selena Gomez & A$AP Rocky – Good For You – 11 votes [More nominations]
Charli XCX & Rita Rita – Doing It – 11 votes
Fifth Harmony & Kid Ink – Worth It – 5 votes
MNEK & Zara Larsson – Never Forget You – 4 votes
Charlie Puth & Meghan Trainor – Marvin Gaye – 3 votes

Surprise smash of the year
Rachel Platten – Fight Song – 10 votes
Pia Mia ft. Tyga & Chris Brown – Do It Again – 6 votes
MNEK & Zara Larsson – Never Forget You – 7 votes
Kelly Clarkson – Heartbeat Song – 4 votes
Jamie Lawson – Wasn’t Expecting That – 2 votes

Surprise flop of the year
Louisa Johnson – Forever Young – 14 votes
Rihanna – Bitch Better Have My Money – 6 votes
The Vamps – Wake Up – 4 votes
G.R.L. – Lighthouse – 2 votes

Songs too good to just be an album track
Selena Gomez – Sober – 8 votes
Halsey – Colors – 7 votes
Ella Eyre – Two – 6 votes
The Vamps ft. Silento – Volcano – 5 votes
Samantha Jade – Naked – 2 votes

Best track to be relegated to a deluxe bonus
Little Mix – Secret Love Song (Part II) – 12 votes
Taylor Swift – New Romantics – 11 votes
Carly Rae Jepsen – I Didn’t Just Come Here To Dance – 5 votes
Troy Sivan – BITE – 2 votes
Selena Gomez – Outta My Hands (Loco) – 1 votes

OTHER AWARDS
Best album
Carly Rae Jepsen – Emotion – 12 votes
Little Mix – Get Weird – 11 votes
Demi Lovato – Confident – 3 votes
Justin Bieber – Purpose – 3 votes
Selena Gomez – Revival – 3 votes

Best album artwork
Little Mix – Get Weird - 11 votes
Adele – 25 – 5 votes
Justin Bieber – Purpose – 5 votes
Kelly Clarkson – Piece By Piece – 3 votes

Best music video
Taylor Swift – Bad Blood – 13 votes
Rihanna – Bitch Better Have My Money – 10 votes
Little Mix – Black Magic – 5 votes
MNEK & Zara Larsson – Never Forget You – 2 votes
Taylor Swift – Wildest Dreams – 2 votes

Best live performance
Little Mix – Love Me Like You/Black Magic (Live On X Factor) – 10 votes
Fleur East – Sax (Live On X Factor) – 9 votes
Little Mix & Fleur East – Black Magic / Sax (Live On X Factor) – 7 votes
Elina Born & Stig Rasta - Goodbye To Yesterday (Live at the Eurovision Semi Finals 2015) – 5 votes
Ella Eyre - Even If (Live at the MOBO Awards 2015) – 1 vote

Worst live performance
Ellie Goulding – On My Mind (Live On X Factor) – 10 votes
Kanye West – All Day (Live at the BRITs 2015) – 8 votes
Sam Smith & John Legend – Lay Me Down (Live on Comic Relief 2015) – 7 votes
Jess Glynne – Take Me Home (Live On X Factor) – 5 votes
Madonna – Living For Love – 2 votes

Best comeback
Justin Bieber – 10 votes
Adele – 7 votes
Little Mix – 7 votes
Carly Rae Jepsen – 5 votes
Marina & The Diamonds – 3 votes

Ultimate pop music moment of 2015
Madonna being dragged off a platform by her cape - 15 votes
Demi Lovato's iconic moments (Poot, Mugs, Genes/Jeans, 'Delete It Fat') – 8 votes
Justin Bieber turning the whole world into Beliebers – 4 votes
Whats Good Miley – 4 votes
Little Mix slaying the charts – 2 votes

Best feud

Madonna vs. her cape – 15 votes
Katy Perry/Nick Minaj vs. Taylor Swift – 8 votes
Nick Minaj vs. Miley Cyrus – 7 votes
One Direction vs. Zayn Malik – 2 votes
Naughty Boy vs. Zayn Malik – 1 vote

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th January 2016, 09:40 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Rightful winner of those best group, debut and single awards *.* Yay Buzzjack's taste.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 14th January 2016, 10:00 PM
Post #56
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

The results were very Buzzjack!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3