BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> P!nk's third CONFIRMED single is....
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jakee
post 29th June 2006, 03:19 AM
Post #1
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

U + Ur Hand

confirmed by her label and has gone for adds to US radio. No suprise really considering she's on tour and really has no time to film another video. Excellent choice imo and should see her hopefully have some dort of success in the US after a disasterous time there.

Here's a 10 second clip from the vid biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Jake: 29th June 2006, 03:23 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jakee
post 29th June 2006, 05:51 AM
Post #2
Group icon

And to accompany this I thought it would be a good idea to outline the story behind "I'm Not Dead" and the lable disaster its been.

-Once IND was finished two potential singles were outlined. P!nk and her management wanted to choose "Stupid Girls", Jive wanted "U + Ur Hand". P!nk won out and got what she wanted.

-"Stupid Girls" was a relative flop in the US, her reps have sais this themselves. When they compiled audience research it was realised that it was the video that had got the song noticed and that the song itself wasn't all that liked (hence poor US sales and album sales). The real mistake was that SG gave people an unfair idea of what the album was like i.e. not bubblegum pop. So the album started poorly and has sunk quickly. Elsewhere it was a relative short-term hit.

-P!nk once again chose the 2nd single by selecting "Who Knew". To prevent the same problems as with KW, Jive took the decision to build the song up and have a simple video rather than the vice versa as was the case with SG. But Know Knew just hasn't hit it off there at all and as of yet hasn't even hit the Hot 100 chart.

-Now Jive seem to have taken the decision to decide the singles themselves, by going for U+UH, a song P!nk has, I believe, refused to sing or release (when she was making the singles choices), even on her tour (though im unsure of how true the later is). Jive is desperate to save the album from sinking in the US, which is obviously her biggest market and has decided to release what is the US fan's favourite - "U + Ur Hand'. Its far more favourable for radio and I'm hopeful that it should be a hit.

It must be said that for Jive at least the entire project has been an absolute disaster sad.gif

+Quote this post
Josh
post 29th June 2006, 07:10 AM
Post #3
Group icon
✌🏻️
User: 43

it looks great!

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 29th June 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

great stuff, i've been hearin loads of rumours that this would be the next single and it made sense to me seen as tho shes already made the video and shes touring now so all she has to do is promot it

+Quote this post
Ricky
post 29th June 2006, 07:56 AM
Post #5
Group icon
what you just said; I am already forgetting - Lena
User: 18

A poor choice IMHO, you can't just take a song because you've made the video!

Leave me Alone (I'm Lonely) is total brillant and for certain should be a the top of any release options even (or especially) if some effort is required to make a new video.

The songs good for release are in this order:

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)
I'm Not Dead
Dear Mr. President
Conversations with My 13 Year Old Self
lastly would come U + Ur Hand

+Quote this post
jakee
post 29th June 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #6
Group icon

She's catering for the US now. IND has flopped badly there under P!nk's singles selections. U+UH is the US fans favourite track and what Jive wanted all along. Its personally my favourite track off the record too biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 29th June 2006, 08:37 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

i would have perfered leave me alone but like jake says she needs to release something for the US cuz the album isnt doin great over there

+Quote this post
Secret_Song
post 29th June 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 332

QUOTE(Jake @ Jun 29 2006, 06:57 AM) *

And to accompany this I thought it would be a good idea to outline the story behind "I'm Not Dead" and the lable disaster its been.

-Once IND was finished two potential singles were outlined. P!nk and her management wanted to choose "Stupid Girls", Jive wanted "U + Ur Hand". P!nk won out and got what she wanted.

-"Stupid Girls" was a relative flop in the US, her reps have sais this themselves. When they compiled audience research it was realised that it was the video that had got the song noticed and that the song itself wasn't all that liked (hence poor US sales and album sales). The real mistake was that SG gave people an unfair idea of what the album was like i.e. not bubblegum pop. So the album started poorly and has sunk quickly. Elsewhere it was a relative short-term hit.

-P!nk once again chose the 2nd single by selecting "Who Knew". To prevent the same problems as with KW, Jive took the decision to build the song up and have a simple video rather than the vice versa as was the case with SG. But Know Knew just hasn't hit it off there at all and as of yet hasn't even hit the Hot 100 chart.

-Now Jive seem to have taken the decision to decide the singles themselves, by going for U+UH, a song P!nk has, I believe, refused to sing or release (when she was making the singles choices), even on her tour (though im unsure of how true the later is). Jive is desperate to save the album from sinking in the US, which is obviously her biggest market and has decided to release what is the US fan's favourite - "U + Ur Hand'. Its far more favourable for radio and I'm hopeful that it should be a hit.

It must be said that for Jive at least the entire project has been an absolute disaster sad.gif

Blimey! I wasn't aware that P!nk was having any "success" rolleyes.gif in the US problems, or problems over release decisions with her label either sad.gif

I do agree that Stupid Girls doesn't reflect the album, but I really like that song though - it switched me back on to P!nk as soon as I heard it and I really like Who Knew too - I think the album as a whole is great, but funnily enough - U+Ur Hand is probably my least preferred track of all of them sad.gif

This post has been edited by Secret_Song: 29th June 2006, 09:25 AM

+Quote this post
Phoenix1
post 29th June 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 422

Mmmm, not my choice next single. blink.gif

Love Leave me alone, and dear mr president more.

dance.gif

+Quote this post
blade699
post 29th June 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 64

This song is good!
I forget what it went like blink.gif

+Quote this post
Suus
post 29th June 2006, 02:17 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Freak Of Nature
User: 172

Cool. Thanks for the info.

+Quote this post
Pipa
post 29th June 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #12
Group icon
FIERCE! Sexy!
User: 36

ooo I likey cheer.gif shall be good!

+Quote this post
De Niro
post 29th June 2006, 10:26 PM
Post #13
Group icon
"God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of
User: 254

I love this tune cheer.gif

Leave me along will hopefully be next wub.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 29th June 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

QUOTE(Scotty. @ Jun 29 2006, 11:32 PM) *

I love this tune cheer.gif

Leave me along will hopefully be next wub.gif

or long way to happy wub.gif

+Quote this post
GrAmii
post 30th June 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Imma gonz Blue Waffle ya up bitch!
User: 30

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely) better be released next then sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Ricky
post 30th June 2006, 02:04 PM
Post #16
Group icon
what you just said; I am already forgetting - Lena
User: 18

QUOTE(Graham @ Jun 30 2006, 11:48 AM) *

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely) better be released next then sleep.gif

blink.gif Yea, I hope so.
But I got a feeling the next release will be the last one and as such they will most likely go for 'I'm Not Dead' as it will help album sales. I do hope I'm wrong on that.

+Quote this post
Josh
post 30th June 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #17
Group icon
✌🏻️
User: 43

maybe the worst thing she could do would be release Dear Mr. President

+Quote this post
jakee
post 30th June 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #18
Group icon

Apparently there is talk that if U+UH flops in the US the project will be finished and no more singles released ohmy.gif

She's gonna struggle with U+UH in the US after they blanked her with KN she's gonna struggle to get radio adds this time around. That said it has a VERY american vibe and for most americans was the standout track so we'll have to wait and see. It will deffo do well here though I think...

+Quote this post
blade699
post 30th June 2006, 03:30 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 64

QUOTE(Jake @ Jun 30 2006, 04:02 PM) *

Apparently there is talk that if U+UH flops in the US the project will be finished and no more singles released ohmy.gif

She's gonna struggle with U+UH in the US after they blanked her with KN she's gonna struggle to get radio adds this time around. That said it has a VERY american vibe and for most americans was the standout track so we'll have to wait and see. It will deffo do well here though I think...

What's KN?

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 30th June 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

QUOTE(Jake @ Jun 30 2006, 04:02 PM) *

ohmy.gif where did u hear this?

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 05:45 PM