BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> England Euro 2016 Qualifiers
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Rooney
post 27th March 2016, 02:15 PM
Post #181
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(ML Hammer95 @ Mar 27 2016, 01:06 PM) *
I agree Rooney will start, but at the World Cup he started on the left to accommodate Sterling. Can see the same happening again to make room for Alli. No way Alli won't start.

Which in itself is ridiculous, Rooney is not a left-inside forward. He doesn't have the pace or pressing ability to play that role.

It's why we will not go anywhere in the Euros if he starts.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 27th March 2016, 06:15 PM
Post #182
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118
You can't not start Kane and Alli. I think that 7 of the XI should be sewn up; Hart, Clyne, Cahill, Dier, Alli, Welbeck, Kane.

The Alli-Kane partnership is immense and they've proven that all season. Nothing should be done to compromise their effectiveness. Playing two up front is a no, trying to accommodate Barkley and Alli is also a no. Welbeck is a quality player who always performs well on the left, very underrated. Roy loves him and deservedly so, continually been one of England's best performers over the last 2-3 years.

The questions are who is the fourth attacker, likely to come from the right? Likely to be between Sterling, Rooney and Lallana I guess. Think Vardy will only be used from the bench. I think Henderson is likely to be the other midfielder, it needs to be someone who'll play further forward than Dier but ensure Alli can play at his best. None of the options are overly inspiring.

Who knows the other centre half partner? It could be any of the three really. Just realised I missed Phil Jones off my list earlier, really hope he's not in the squad! Left back, Baines is past it, don't think Shaw will have played enough football, Gibbs is rubbish, I can't see him picking Cresswell. So Bertrand and Rose go, don't mind which one plays.

I'm all for Roy picking the likes of Lallana and Henderson even if they're not as good individually as the likes of Barkley and Wilshere. Trying to pick all of England's best individuals rather than their best team didn't lead to anything to past a QF when we actually had a squad full of players who were challenging for the league and making the latter stages of the Champions League now. It didn't work then, it's not likely to work now.

This post has been edited by RabbitFurCoat: 27th March 2016, 06:16 PM

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 27th March 2016, 07:37 PM
Post #183
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Seeing England now at 8-1 with some bookies to win Euro 2016 after that win with Germany above Belgium in the betting who at 12-1 with Coral. I would still see England at double figure odds though.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 28th March 2016, 11:21 AM
Post #184
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Mar 27 2016, 07:15 PM) *
You can't not start Kane and Alli. I think that 7 of the XI should be sewn up; Hart, Clyne, Cahill, Dier, Alli, Welbeck, Kane.

The Alli-Kane partnership is immense and they've proven that all season. Nothing should be done to compromise their effectiveness. Playing two up front is a no, trying to accommodate Barkley and Alli is also a no. Welbeck is a quality player who always performs well on the left, very underrated. Roy loves him and deservedly so, continually been one of England's best performers over the last 2-3 years.

The questions are who is the fourth attacker, likely to come from the right? Likely to be between Sterling, Rooney and Lallana I guess. Think Vardy will only be used from the bench. I think Henderson is likely to be the other midfielder, it needs to be someone who'll play further forward than Dier but ensure Alli can play at his best. None of the options are overly inspiring.

Who knows the other centre half partner? It could be any of the three really. Just realised I missed Phil Jones off my list earlier, really hope he's not in the squad! Left back, Baines is past it, don't think Shaw will have played enough football, Gibbs is rubbish, I can't see him picking Cresswell. So Bertrand and Rose go, don't mind which one plays.

I'm all for Roy picking the likes of Lallana and Henderson even if they're not as good individually as the likes of Barkley and Wilshere. Trying to pick all of England's best individuals rather than their best team didn't lead to anything to past a QF when we actually had a squad full of players who were challenging for the league and making the latter stages of the Champions League now. It didn't work then, it's not likely to work now.

Agree with virtually all this. Russia aren't a great side and don't have great full backs from memory, so starting Rooney wide in a 4-3-3 with the three forwards rotating (presumably alongside Kane and Welbeck) wouldn't be disastrous, but I struggle to see how he can fit into the starting XI against top teams unless someone's injured.

The alternative would be to do what Spurs often do and shift Alli to one side of the 4-2-3-1 with Rooney in the middle where Eriksen usually plays. Then again, Rooney is a completely different type of player to Eriksen.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 28th March 2016, 10:39 PM
Post #185
Group icon
We wait and see how we do against Holland tomorrow night. The Germany match was probably the most exciting match and the best England performance in a friendly for me since that 3-2 win over Argentina in 2005 as long ago as that.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 29th March 2016, 06:54 PM
Post #186
Group icon
We didn't need Rooney as a pundit tonight, ITV.

England looking to end a run of six games without beating Holland tonight.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 30th March 2016, 10:22 AM
Post #187
Group icon
QUOTE(Mack @ Mar 27 2016, 08:37 PM) *
Seeing England now at 8-1 with some bookies to win Euro 2016 after that win with Germany above Belgium in the betting who at 12-1 with Coral. I would still see England at double figure odds though.

Yesterday's performance showed why England should be a 16-1 to win Euro 2016.

Another false dawn for England.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 30th March 2016, 01:52 PM
Post #188
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
Should have won that last night especially on home turf, luckily its only a warm up match.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 30th March 2016, 05:26 PM
Post #189
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(Mack @ Mar 30 2016, 11:22 AM) *
Yesterday's performance showed why England should be a 16-1 to win Euro 2016.

Another false dawn for England.

People put false hope on us. If we go any further than the QFs it's good. We will not win.

+Quote this post
N-S
post 3rd April 2016, 02:50 PM
Post #190
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 816
A bit off-topic but just like in EURO 2016, England has qualified to the final stages of this year's U-19 and U-17 European championships to be held later this year in Germany and Azerbaijan respectively. Scotland has also qualified for the U-17 final phase.

This year's U-19 European championships will also decide which five teams will compete at the 2017 U-20 World Cup in Korea.

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 03:49 PM