BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse, Part 1 of 2
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post 9th June 2023, 08:29 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Inventive, manic, sprawling, and more Spider-beings than you can imagine: Spider-T.Rex was a mere pop-up for one.

yet still very human at it's heart. Just reaches a massive cliff-hanger and TBC...

Quality but be prepared to have your ability to absorb a lot of information tested, the pace is frantic. Shows a real love of the Comic as a format.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 17th June 2023, 05:27 PM
Post #2
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Saw this today, while I do prefer the first one just for how fresh it was, this was still excellent, it's nice to have an exception to the dull, formulaic superhero/multiverse routine. I am still in awe of the animation and immense world-building that they are capable of, literally, every frame is impeccable (the scene between Gwen and her dad late in the film with the different saturated backgrounds in each shot is particularly quietly stunning), and even though it is incredibly frantic, the story and characters are still so engaging and none feel pointless and while it was hard to keep up with, it never lost me. Not usually a fan of cliffhangers, but man this one has me hyped, this could be that rare flawless trilogy *.*

I do really hope this animation style is used more, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish is one of the only ones in recent memory I've seen to also make use of it. It really combines the authenticity of 2D and the immersion of 3D so well.

+Quote this post
vefunnossupo
post 10th December 2023, 08:16 AM
Post #3
Group icon
New Entry
User: 173,576

I really enjoyed it. I watched both the first part and the new part. It's a great cartoon.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 02:28 PM