BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Godzilla: Minus One, Out Now
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 20th December 2023, 03:09 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Out now.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 20th December 2023, 03:50 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I saw it on Friday when it was released here in the UK and it's fantastic! I cannot recommend this enough. It's my favourite Godzilla movie to date (dethroning 'Shin Godzilla') and the way they actually gave us a human story worth caring about... incredible.

All of it was done on a budget below $15m... which really makes you think wtf Hollywood do with their budgets...

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 20th December 2023, 12:32 PM
Post #3
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Saw it yesterday and yes I agree completely, A brilliant movie that actually gets the human drama and kaiju action spot on which you'd never see come out of Hollywood. I haven't actually seen the original Godzilla for my sins, but I really liked that this one tied in to the origins of what made the monster so threatening and tied in to the social commentary of the time. It's so much more powerful than how he's usually portrayed and it definitely helps a lot coming from the country of origin.

Encouraging for the industry as a whole as well that it's become quite a hit on a relatively small budget too, we can but hope Hollywood take note x

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 11:26 AM