BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Tiësto 'A Town Called Paradise', featuring Red Lights, Wasted and Let's Go
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post 25th April 2014, 05:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

In the five years since his last studio album, Kaleidoscope, Tiësto has released three volumes of Club Life mixes and played countless festivals and clubs while the scope of dance music continued to grow before him. "The big dance music explosion was just about to happen, so the ideas and sounds on there come from what seems like a different time and place," the DJ tells Rolling Stone of his previous LP. "So much has happened for dance music in such a short amount of time so it now seems like the perfect time for me to revisit the idea of an artist album." The DJ/producer is set to release his new album A Town Called Paradise June 16th via Casablanca Records.

Answering questions over e-mail, Tiësto explained that the album's title and sound were both influenced by Las Vegas, the city where he holds residencies at both Hakkasan and Wet Republic. "When I really look at it, it’s like this oasis of entertainment right in the middle of the desert, so to me, 'A Town Called Paradise' is a good way to describe Las Vegas," he explains. "It’s been a very special place to me and has influenced the creation of this album."

Below, find both the full track list, which includes features from artists such as Icona Pop, Krewella and Hardwell, and the exclusive music video for "Wasted," the album's Matthew Koma–featuring second single.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tie...5#ixzz2zvAM8p3x
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

1. "Red Lights"
2. "Footprints" (feat. Cruickshank)
3. "Light Years Away" (feat. DBX)
4. "A Town Called Paradise" (feat. Zac Barnett from American Authors)
5. "Written In Reverse" (feat. Matthew Koma) (with Hardwell)
6. "Echoes" (feat. Andreas Moe)
7. "Last Train" (feat. Ladyhawke) (with Firebeatz)
8. "Wasted" (feat. Matthew Koma)
9. "Let’s Go" (feat. Icona Pop)
10. "The Feeling" (feat. Ou Est Le Swimming Pool)
11. "Shimmer" (feat. Christian Burns)
12. "Rocky" (with Kaaze)
13. "Close to Me" (feat. Quilla) (with Sultan & Shepard)
14. "Set Yourself Free" (feat. Krewella)

Excited for this album especially the Hardwell collab.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
BillyH
post 26th April 2014, 02:41 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 6,614

Every track will start with a repeated chord - dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum - then you'll get a mysterious, wispy voiced male/female singer spouting some banal lyrics about either being in love, dancing in a club or both - then there'll be lots of drum hits in the build to the chorus which will consist of your usual three or four note melody over a pounding 4/4 drum loop. Then it'll all repeat - maybe with a break in the drums just before the final chorus - for the second half of the song.

And this is the same guy who used to make songs like this.

Sigh.

+Quote this post
gavindeejay
post 27th April 2014, 12:30 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
User: 7,645

Looking forward to hearing the collab with Ladyhawke. That will hopefully be a highlight for me. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 27th April 2014, 01:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Very excited for the Krewella and Icona Pop collaborations!

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 28th April 2014, 04:43 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392

Christian Burns collab dancing.gif

+Quote this post
paulloebmusic
post 13th May 2014, 03:03 AM
Post #6
Group icon
New Entry
User: 20,898

cannot wait for this album!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 13th May 2014, 02:37 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

You can listen to 'Let's Go' featuring Icona Pop here. I love it and it needs to be a single! wub.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 20th June 2014, 08:29 AM
Post #8
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

I think this album might be the most safe, innocent and terribly generic LP in the history of the universe? Cannot waste time on someone who doesn't even attempt to create something different.

Worst album of the year by quite far.

So much respect lost. Tiësellout.

+Quote this post
Atonement
post 22nd June 2014, 03:03 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676

QUOTE(BillyH @ Apr 26 2014, 04:41 AM) *
Every track will start with a repeated chord - dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum - then you'll get a mysterious, wispy voiced male/female singer spouting some banal lyrics about either being in love, dancing in a club or both - then there'll be lots of drum hits in the build to the chorus which will consist of your usual three or four note melody over a pounding 4/4 drum loop. Then it'll all repeat - maybe with a break in the drums just before the final chorus - for the second half of the song.

Sigh.

QUOTE(Conderella @ Jun 20 2014, 10:29 AM) *
I think this album might be the most safe, innocent and terribly generic LP in the history of the universe? Cannot waste time on someone who doesn't even attempt to create something different.

Worst album of the year by quite far.

So much respect lost. Tiësellout.

And I remember reading one of his interviews a few years back, where he made some comments about how he ''outgrew'' trance music and he felt he didn't want to be stuck in the past like some others. Well if this is outgrowing it...

This product almost makes me ashamed I'm Dutch.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 22nd June 2014, 06:50 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

The only saving grace for this whole thing is if the Icona Pop track could be the next single.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd June 2014, 06:57 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

There are some decent trashy pop songs on here - Wasted, Let's Go and Last Train - (and Set Yourself Free by that's just an unimaginative vocal version of Pair Of Dice), but the only way I'm able to listen to the album without cringing is by imagining that it's by a tacky new producer with no originality.

I can't really understand why Tiesto has made an album like this, he doesn't exactly need any more fame or money and it's only serving to hugely damage his credibility. It doesn't seem worth it for a couple of easy smashes, but I guess chart success is the one thing left that he felt like he needed to achieve.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 23rd June 2014, 12:44 PM
Post #12
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Actually there is one (and only) song that I can listen to from this album and it's Echoes. Such a guilty pleasure :'(

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 23rd June 2014, 03:55 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

QUOTE(Conderella @ Jun 23 2014, 01:44 PM) *
Actually there is one (and only) song that I can listen to from this album and it's Echoes. Such a guilty pleasure :'(

Yup. The rest of the album (Wasted and Let's Go are decent) is trash :/

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 25th June 2014, 11:56 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Safe to say 'Wasted' is one of the worst songs of the year for me, just absolutely horrendous!

Upon hearing it on the radio today, I realised how incredibly similar the backing track is to that of Ellie Goulding's 'Goodness Gracious'.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 10th July 2014, 09:29 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Oops...

+Quote this post
danG
post 10th July 2014, 10:43 PM
Post #16
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

gosh, this album's getting negativity left right and center! laugh.gif Looks like Tiesto's lost any credibility he had (and people judged him for 'selling out' years ago when he stopped producing trance!)

I haven't actually listened to the whole thing but Red Lights and Last Train are brilliant as generic prog house songs. Wasted is good for what it is too. So yeah it's probably not deserving of the mass poor reception but it's to be expected considering he used to make less commercial music + he's put no originality into his songs

+Quote this post
Ne Plus Ultra
post 10th July 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,817

Ironically, it's his cover of A Great Big World's "Say Something" that's the closest thing to "old Tiesto" on his album, and it's a bonus track! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
RexySing
post 11th July 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #18
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,043

Not loving this album, there's a few good tracks but like a lot of people have said its just nothing like his old stuff that personally I loved

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 11th June 2019, 02:54 PM
Post #19
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Listening to his old material legit makes me incredibly sad how far downhill / generic he's got sad.gif

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 11th June 2019, 02:58 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

yep, sad but true
but it's kinda the pattern for most DJs I'd say

+Quote this post