BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Xmas Classics around the World
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sempachorra
post 8th December 2019, 11:34 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

I'd love to know what Xmas classics are not really a thing in the UK, but are a pretty big deal in some other country.

I'll start with Germany, with this great song by Melanie Thornton (also the vocalist of La Bouche) which is a Xmas staple over there (and some other countries). The singer is unfortunately no longer alive (she died in a plane crash in late 2001), but thankfully she had a brand new album released earlier that year that included this song, and now this comes back every year to the german charts to celebrate this time of year.

This post has been edited by Euphorique: 8th December 2019, 11:39 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 8th December 2019, 11:47 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Sweden definitely has a few - Tand ett ljus by Triad (acapella song from the late 80s), Juligen by Just D (early 90s rap), Mer Jul by Adolphson & Falk (early 80s electro-pop) - all re-chart well every year there. There are many more but these seem to be the main Swedish language standards.

+Quote this post
danG
post 8th December 2019, 12:47 PM
Post #3
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

I discovered that Melanie Thornton song last year when I was googling for the Coke ad song, it's rather good actually!

Back when I was in Australia we used to sing this one every year in primary school. I don't think it ever returns to their chart though.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 8th December 2019, 04:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Is the Melanie one not just the official version of the Coke ad?

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 09:35 PM