BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> On Your Radar (4th Studio Album Discussion) (Part 2), Continue the discussion!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Steve D
post Nov 30 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Is a Moderator :o
User: 7,757
I don't even think its that the public are bored of them as they still get all over the mags, there is just no connection with the music and their audience. I'm hoping the tour has made them enough money to make up for the lack of this albums success so we atleast get a decent greatest hrs or another album.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post Nov 30 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059
QUOTE(2ndAdventure @ Nov 30 2011, 04:00 PM) *
Everyone needs to stop looking for blame where "everything went wrong". They switched management after the Wordshaker fiasco and still that couldn't bring them to the sales of the Chasing Lights days. The public are bored with them. Face facts to put it bluntly. I'm a massive fan but it's getting beyond a joke.

How are the public bored with them? You're making out as if the public CARE about pop acts and the UK charts. The public will buy singles they like, and if they like enough singles by the artist then they'll buy the album and probably go see them on tour. It's that simple. It's not a case of "yawn, i'm boored of The Saturdays now, i'm not buying any more of their records" because honestly i've never heard anyone ever say that in my life. The Saturdays are relying on singles to make themselves known to the public and create an identity but if you look at all the songs they've recorded can you honestly say Forever Is Over, If This Is Love, Missing You, My Heart Takes Over, Just Can't Get Enough and even Notorious and All Fired Up are the best things they've recorded? The public didn't buy Work or Forever Is Over and then didn't buy Wordshaker, yet over 300K of the went out and bought Ego. It's about song choices. They got it right with Up, Issues, Ego and Higher yet they insist on taking risks and going for "it's a little bit different from what we normally do" and everytime they try and take risks their material flops.

It's not a case of the public being bored of them, it's a case of them being extremely inconsistant with their releases and choosing rubbish single choices to promote their albums.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Nov 30 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I have to say, I am pretty hooked on 'Get Ready, Get Set'. It's fast becoming my favourite song on this album!

+Quote this post
matty9694
post Nov 30 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 10,413
Heard DWYWWM in HMV today, thought they were gonna play the whole album, but they didn't! mad.gif I would have actually stood there until Move On U finished as well haha!!! As expected, 1D and RiRi were EVERYWHERE!!! The Saturdays were relegated to the bottom shelf away from most of the other albums released recently, and there were Mollie, Una & Rochelle covers, no Group covers at all. I actually went looking to see if there were any, and missed them 1st time, so a casual buyer wouldn't really have a chance.

P.S. I love that Mollie gets a decent amount of solo's on this album! I've really warmed to her voice over the years, especially when she has solo's in ballads!!!

She has solo's in:
AFU
Notorious
Faster
GRGS
TWYWM
DWYWWM
Promise Me
WIDK
White Lies
Last Call
I Say OK
Move On U

A few of them are substantial parts as well!!! wub.gif Mollie wub.gif

This post has been edited by matty9694: Nov 30 2011, 09:43 PM

+Quote this post
star.shine
post Dec 1 2011, 01:42 AM
Post #45
Group icon
swimming in the stars
User: 11,697
Well my copy FINALLY arrived and WOW, what an incredible album. I'm on 'For Myself' and it's just so good. smile.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Dec 1 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #46
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Anyone care to make some wild predictions as to where the album will chart in its second week?

I'm going to guess #46.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post Dec 1 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I'm thinking #62.

+Quote this post
mr. everything
post Dec 1 2011, 04:09 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,800

+Quote this post
April
post Dec 1 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #49
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905
#57 (if they're lucky)!

+Quote this post
star.shine
post Dec 1 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #50
Group icon
swimming in the stars
User: 11,697

+Quote this post
2ndAdventure
post Dec 1 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,180
QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Nov 30 2011, 05:07 PM) *
How are the public bored with them? You're making out as if the public CARE about pop acts and the UK charts. The public will buy singles they like, and if they like enough singles by the artist then they'll buy the album and probably go see them on tour. It's that simple. It's not a case of "yawn, i'm boored of The Saturdays now, i'm not buying any more of their records" because honestly i've never heard anyone ever say that in my life. The Saturdays are relying on singles to make themselves known to the public and create an identity but if you look at all the songs they've recorded can you honestly say Forever Is Over, If This Is Love, Missing You, My Heart Takes Over, Just Can't Get Enough and even Notorious and All Fired Up are the best things they've recorded? The public didn't buy Work or Forever Is Over and then didn't buy Wordshaker, yet over 300K of the went out and bought Ego. It's about song choices. They got it right with Up, Issues, Ego and Higher yet they insist on taking risks and going for "it's a little bit different from what we normally do" and everytime they try and take risks their material flops.

It's not a case of the public being bored of them, it's a case of them being extremely inconsistant with their releases and choosing rubbish single choices to promote their albums.

The public are 'bored' (I could have used some better terminology in my first post) with them because they've gone through a bad patch becoming irrelevant due to the fact they change image and sound more times than I've had hot dinners. That is what I meant sorry.

The public do care about 'pop acts' or they wouldn't invest in them. The Saturdays, JLS, The Wanted etc etc etc wouldn't have got where they are today without people caring about them, else they wouldn't have bought their records.

They have no choice but to change sound to attempt to stay relevant though. They can't be singing and releasing Ego's forever. It's about progression, and if they can't progress and gain fans and sales at the same time they're not worth hanging on for imo. That's a bad thing to say from a fan but it's true. The public and casual buyers will see it like that.

I disagree with the single choices. You're not taking into account the order in which their material is recorded. When they released Notorious they'd only recorded a handful of tracks, most of which never even made the album. When they released All Fired Up and started the campaign for My Heart Takes Over, Get Ready Get Set (for example) was still in production. It was the last track to finish I believe. So they couldn't have released that because it wasn't even finished or existed, which ever is more relevant to each single release.

Notorious was probably the best of the bunch they had at the beginning and rolled with that, then more opportunities and tracks came along. They released All Fired Up because it was current and was produced by the pop-Gods that is Xenomania.

This post has been edited by 2ndAdventure: Dec 1 2011, 06:09 PM

+Quote this post
Electro Paradise
post Dec 1 2011, 07:25 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 11,104
QUOTE(2ndAdventure @ Dec 1 2011, 06:08 PM) *
They can't be singing and releasing Ego's forever. It's about progression, and if they can't progress and gain fans and sales at the same time they're not worth hanging on for imo.

The Saurdays did this far to quickly though imo, you can like one of their singles and then two singles on they've changed direction all over again. With every new era they seem to try and re-event themselves and I feel they are just moving too quickly. I think they should move much slower and 'mature' slower in order not to loose their original fanbase. 'Ego' and Chasing Lights worked for them... there was no need for them to change it, once people were getting tierd of it and it wasn't working then, but I don't think people were. The whole 'if it's not broken don't change it' theory is exactly what they should have done IMO.

+Quote this post
Dane
post Dec 1 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,281
I'm hoping for the album to end up just outside of the Top 40, then hopefully a climb next week into the top 40 again when the tour starts.

Probably won't happen, but I always have faith wink.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Dec 1 2011, 09:40 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Break the tension
What gives you the impression the tour will help it? Everyone going will already have the album, plus it's not exactly a high profile tour or anything.

+Quote this post
Dane
post Dec 2 2011, 12:45 AM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,281
QUOTE(Silver Rocket @ Dec 1 2011, 09:40 PM) *
What gives you the impression the tour will help it? Everyone going will already have the album, plus it's not exactly a high profile tour or anything.

I was trying to be positive. Go piss on someone elses bonfire? dry.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Dec 2 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #56
Group icon
Break the tension
QUOTE(MusicIsMyLife @ Dec 2 2011, 12:45 AM) *
I was trying to be positive. Go piss on someone elses bonfire? dry.gif

No need for that whatsoever, but seeing as you asked so nicely I'll piss on whoever's bonfire I see fit THANK YOU VERY MUCH. teresa.gif

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Dec 2 2011, 01:05 AM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
QUOTE(Silver Rocket @ Dec 2 2011, 01:00 AM) *
No need for that whatsoever, but seeing as you asked so nicely I'll piss on whoever's bonfire I see fit THANK YOU VERY MUCH. teresa.gif

PLEASE DO NOT PEE OVER THE FORUM!

+Quote this post
DoggySwami
post Dec 2 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,950
QUOTE(Silver Rocket @ Dec 1 2011, 10:40 PM) *
What gives you the impression the tour will help it?

Well, the tour will get press coverage, so that means a much needed publicity during the Christmas campaign.

Also, are we sure everyone going has already bought the album? how many people could be attending to the tour in total, summing up all venues?

+Quote this post
Neil
post Dec 2 2011, 10:57 AM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 9,016
OMG just noticed the CD is £4.99 on Amazon. How embarrassing.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post Dec 2 2011, 04:15 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
As long as the album remains in the charts I don't even care how cheap it is. People need to hear this album, it's too good.

+Quote this post

32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:55 AM