BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
43 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Australian Reality TV
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post May 8 2014, 01:19 AM
Post #41
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

Episode 3.
NO INTRO!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I hope that was just because they swapped Cecelia with Georgia. But we will have to see.
24 is wayyyyyyy to much. 21 people in an elimination tomorrow? God.

The only one really sticking out at this point was Nick. Good to see a few new people step up, but Nick is really stealing the show at this point.
Totes called out Sam for being a lesbian before she even opened her mouth FYI.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post May 10 2014, 12:48 AM
Post #42
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Episode 4.
REALLY? f***ING FRIED RICE IN 30 MINUTES, WHEN YOU GIVE THEM PRE-COOKED RICE.
Seriously. I'd f***ing ace this god damn show at this level. I would have done some Duck Fried Rice, Veggies. Christ. What were these people doing wrong to NOT be in the Top 9?!

Second Round. "Guess That Ingredient" - Super easy.

Third Round - Rachael was probably shocked she was there, but an easy win for her. Deepali and Brendan should have both gone. They failed miserably. Deepali can't seem to make a decision on her own, so expect her to probably leave soon.

+Quote Post
jakee
post May 12 2014, 05:56 PM
Post #43
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Member No.: 47

may i just say how INSUFFERABLE this year's cast are. in particularly amy who is one of the worst examples of a human being i have ever come across.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post May 14 2014, 02:51 AM
Post #44
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Amy is pretty bad, but Deepali was by far worse.

Few people I'm going to pick on..

Deepali: Bottom is both eliminations so far, and she's finally gone. She seemed to pick up on the confidence front on the second round - but clearly failed miserably by failing to cook her stake correctly. However I thought it was really close for her to stay.
Rachael: The older women, but not the oldest. The one that was up for elimination that one time and cooked Crab. I actually see her doing quite well.
Byron: JFC he's hot, not sure if he can cook yet though.
Jamie: Another one of my favorites. I think he's in for the long haul too.
Nick: Can he do anything other than Deserts? Questionable really. His steak was super rare too. I wouldn't have even tried it.

I think the problem is there are too many people. Happy that we're now cutting 2 per week.
Predictions for who makes it far: Laura, Rachael, Renae, Ben, Jamie and Scott
At Risk: Amy, Byron, Nick, Emily

I'm predicting Emily will go shortly. She's had ZERO time on the show other than butchering that Salmon in the last episode. I think they're just avoiding giving her any airtime to cut their losses.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post May 17 2014, 10:47 PM
Post #45
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Episode 8.
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Most shocking fail in all of Masterchef History.
Clearly Nicole was cooking out of arrogance rather than confidence. That was seriously embarrassing for her. She could have just saved one little scrap, and had SOMEWHAT of a chance in a future round.

Only other thing to add, it was great to see Emily.

Such a fail for Nicole. Glad she's gone. Idiot.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post May 25 2014, 02:41 AM
Post #46
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Nick and Emily are gone.
So two of my identified "At Risks" are gone. However I'm not sure now if Amy is going anytime soon.

Emily was such a fail last night. Seriously, did she not cook Chinese Chicken a few weeks back? It seriously looked like Mall Chinese Food, and she cut up Raw Onion? Ugh. Crab and Jam? Nope. Bananna fried coated in Condensed Milk and Cream? GTFO.

Here's a few other thoughts on individuals:

Sarah: Clear frontrunner. Nobody is even coming close to touching her at the moment. I think she will be "Marion-ed" out of the competition however. The best chefs never actually win Masterchef Australia.
Laura: Another dark horse. The only thing she's missing is maturity. If she can get this, she will make it far.
Steven: I really thought he was going to be a Dark Horse or Slow Burner, but.. he's really not producing anything good, is he?
Emelia: RESTING BITCHY FACE. She always looks like such a c**t. I also think her strategy sucks, you're clearly good at deserts, but the judges will want to see something more (outside a team challenge). When it comes time to when she HAS to cook a savory dish, and she even struggles in the slightest, the judges will send her home because they haven't seen any versatility. This last challenge would have been PERFECT for her to show diversity. You were against 11 other people. Take the risk.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: May 25 2014, 02:41 AM

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jun 5 2014, 12:42 PM
Post #47
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

WHY AM I ALONE.
I fell a little behind, but there's been a few eliminations.

Scott: Boring. Bye.
Sean: Really Boring. Bye.
Steven: Shocked that he went. His edit was quite good.

So we lose another three guys.
We started out with 14 Girls and 10 Guys, so it was already uneven.
So far 5 Guys and only 3 Girls have left. Lol at Girl Domination.

It was tight for Sarah there for a bit. I thought she was going to be toast, which pissed me off because she's CLEARLY one of the better cooks, but she takes risks and they haven't been paying off.

LOVE: Emelia, Sarah, Byron
LIKE: Tash, Amy, Rachel, Jamie, Brent
BORING: Laura (as of recent), Georgia, Kira, Tracy, Sam, Renae, Ben, Colin

Oddly enough, don't hate anyone.
Colin hardly exists on this show. Amy has been getting a bit more airtime recently and is showing some worth. Initially really liked Laura - but she's been real UTR recently.
Emelia is such a thunder c**t. I f***ing love her.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jun 23 2014, 11:43 AM
Post #48
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Well this season turned out to be a real dud.
We lost two of the best cooks before the Top 10 even happened - Tash and Sarah. Although, they really put Sarah on a pedestal when she was constantly in eliminations.

Order in which I'd like to see people win: Emelia, Laura, Amy, Jamie, Tracey, Brent, Ben, Kira, Renae, Colin, Georgia.

This season just needs to end however. How terrible.
In other news. BBAU's Twitter Page just tweeted the house demolition. Not sure when this will start, some rumors suggest either Late August or early September. However Channel 9 won't air it as the same time as The Block, so they will need to wait for that to finish first. Not sure when that even starts either.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Jun 23 2014, 11:44 AM

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jul 27 2014, 05:25 PM
Post #49
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Two Things:

Masterchef Australia: Final two is Brent and Laura. Pretty much picked Laura to be a finalist (maybe not final two) from week one. Brent was a pleasant surprise. I actually think he's one of the better methodical chefs. You could argue that he was inconsistent - but I think his inconsistency came from being in losing a lot of team challenges, that may not necessarily be dependent on him as a individual cook.

Overall, pretty good season (the Top 10 really redeemed this season, mid way through cut alot of the fat back to back). The final 6 (Laura, Brent, Emelia, Jamie, Tracey and Ben) were all a favorite of mine at one point or another. I did want to see Emelia win, but I thought her elimination in the final 3 was justified. Rooting for Brent over Laura, that's for sure.

The Block Glasshouse: STARTS TODAY AS WELL. YAY. TITLE CHANGE. HOPEFULLY I DON'T HAVE THE TOPIC ALL TO MYSELF.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Jul 27 2014, 05:26 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 30 2014, 01:20 AM
Post #50
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Anybody watching X-Factor? I'm still wayyyy behind, I'm on lke episode 4 laugh.gif but that Justin kid who looks about 8 Absolutley did my head in, I couldn't make it through all of his audition! So much talent this year as always though, fab to see Reigan Derry from Scarlett Belle, Closure was a tune wub.gif

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Aug 2 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #51
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Nein on the X-Factor.
Brent won Masterchef Australia.
The Block is 10 weeks (plus probably a bonus 11th week) not quite sure what that means for Big Brother. There could be overlap, if not, start date would be pushed back to the first two weeks of October. So late.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 2 2014, 04:51 PM
Post #52
Brown cow, stunning!

I've seen a few people tweet September 8th but nothing official. Apparently it's so late because they've built a totally new house, which is exciting. I suppose just over a month to wait isn't too bad, I hope that's the date anyway!

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Aug 5 2014, 01:35 AM
Post #53
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Also, this is my first The Amazing Race - Australia season.

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 6 2014, 04:40 PM
Post #54
Brown cow, stunning!

If even one person is interested, top 12 for the live shows has been revealed on X Factor:

Girls:
Sydnee Carter
Marliza Punzalan
Caitlyn Shadbolt

Boys:
Adrian Nookadu
Dean Ray
Tee

Overs:
Jason Heerah
Reigan Derry
Rochelle Pitt

Groups:
Trill
Girl group (not named yet)
Boy group (not named yet)

Ryan for the overs, Jesse for the boys, Alice for the girls and Brothers 3 for the groups are up for the wildcard, it is so gonna be Jesse. Can't believe Ronan completely cast out Chloe, I was so shocked Caitlyn got through. Reigan, Marliza, Dean and the girl group are my faves so far, but I fear Marliza might be a bit of a Shiane although she's obv more talented. I'd be happy with Ryan, Alice or Jesse for the wildcard. I quite like Rochelle's voice but her attitude is so off, I feel like she's a bit "I'm older than you therefore I'm obviously so much better".

+Quote Post
Riser
post Aug 7 2014, 03:27 AM
Post #55
The horrors persist, but so do I
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Aug 4 2014, 09:35 PM) *
Also, this is my first The Amazing Race - Australia season.

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
I know you're only 1 episode in, but how is it? Australia vs. New Zealand just seems like something I should be making time for.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Aug 7 2014, 01:19 PM
Post #56
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Well there has only been one episode so far, so if you want to watch - now is the time!
It's actually pretty great. The standard is there with other Amazing Races, and unlike Amazing Race Canada they will be going to other countries (Leg One was just Australia than New Zealand so far).

Decent cast, loving Aston and Christie tho *_*

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 14 2014, 02:11 PM
Post #57
Brown cow, stunning!

OH MY GOD THE BBAU TRAILER. Soooo excited now, looks like it may be couples or pairs of housemates ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Aug 15 2014, 02:27 AM
Post #58
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

*_*
TIM.
However "...is coming to 9" isn't helping me. It should be "coming soon to 9".
I don't know if this is going to start anytime soon - but the fact that they're announcing the twist (ish) leads me to believe otherwise.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Aug 15 2014, 02:28 AM
Post #59
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

NEVERMIND.
SEPTEMBER 8TH.
LAUNCH SPREAD OVER 2 NIGHTS.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Aug 17 2014, 11:50 PM
Post #60
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

- Will last 80 days (Shortest Aussie BB)
- Evictions will be on Tuesdays, leaving a total of only 9 actual 'Tuesday' evictions
- There will be a "Monday Night Live" show

+Quote Post

43 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:19 PM