BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dancing With The Stars, Season 25 // SASHA f***ING PIETERSE
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 3 2017, 04:16 PM
Post #21
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 3 2017, 05:05 AM) *
I really thought Sasha would be a frontrunner and slay us all sad.gif She's not doing brilliantly atm. I need to catch up on the actual show I just caught her on YT oops
Her VW and samba were among the best of the best actually! I think if she can get out of her head for Most Memorable Year she'll be able to pull off a stellar routine. At this point I wouldn't be too worried. As far as the combined leaderboard goes (since there was no elimination this week), four people are below her. Terrell should definitely be worried, as should Derek.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 3 2017, 10:55 PM
Post #22
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Hmm I watched last nights show and I feel conflicted on some, for example, Jordan's I agree with Len it wasn't really a Charleston it was more quickstep which is a shame as its one of my favourite dances.

Lindsey and Nikki were by far my favourites both excellent dances wub.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 5 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #23
Group icon
QUOTE(Sonia Fowler @ Oct 3 2017, 03:55 PM) *
Hmm I watched last nights show and I feel conflicted on some, for example, Jordan's I agree with Len it wasn't really a Charleston it was more quickstep which is a shame as its one of my favourite dances.
The thing is, the quickstep and Charleston have many similar elements so it's easy to add one to the other and vice versatile. It felt more of a jazz dance with Charleston elements. The trick with adding jazz content is to not drown out the given style, something Mark managed to do this week with his jive with Lindsey.

-

WEEK 4 SONGS & STYLES:

Latin Night:
Derek & Sharna | Jazz | Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up
Frankie & Witney | Quickstep | Coldplay - Adventure Of A Lifetime
Jordan & Lindsay | Contemporary | Us The Duo - Take Me Home
Sasha & Gleb | Foxtrot | The Fray - Over My Head (Cable Car)
Vanessa & Maks | Rumba | Nick Lachey - Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)
Nikki & Artem | Contemporary | Rachel Platten - Fight Song
Nick & Peta | Contemporary | Marketa Irglova and Glen Hansard - Falling Slowly
Victoria & Val | Foxtrot | OneRepublic - I Lived
Drew & Emma | Jive | Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
Lindsey & Mark | Viennese Waltz | Mindy Gledhill - Anchor
Terrell & Cheryl | Viennese Waltz | Whitney Houston - I Have Nothing

Sasha has a ballroom dance this time so I'm expecting good things. Also nice to see Artem choreographing a contemporary routine again.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 10 2017, 06:06 AM
Post #24
Group icon
Watch all Most Memorable Year Night dances here!

It's time to cry you guys!

(scores: Carrie Ann | Len | Bruno)

-

Frankie & Witney: 2017. He decides to dedicate this dance to living in the moment. He's a guy who's done it all: racecar driver, drummer, secret agent... Unfortunately he's gone through a few injuries which occasionally lead to minor memory loss. His girlfriend makes sure to write down pivotal points in his life to help him remember. The dance is cute, but it takes a bit of time to get going. The judges seem to eat it up though.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24. There we go, set up a bit of a baseline for the night.

-

Terrell & Cheryl: 2012. The year he lost his grandmother. He recalls that she suffered for dementia for 16 years. And for once, I'm actually not tearing my hair out for this. This is the least gimmicky dance he's done yet. No overcompensating moves, no flashy gimmicks, this is straight from the heart, and it made for a solid dance. Bruno praises his poise and Len calls it his best of the night.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24. Iiiiiiinteresting.

-

Nikki & Artem: 2016: She suffered a severe neck injury that threatened her career, but with a ton of perseverance, she made her way back into the ring a few months later. I don't know all the details, but I'm pretty sure Jonjo remembers every minute of it. Artem has once again choreographed a strong contemporary routine with silks and smooth lifts. Carrie Ann definitely noticed the silk section, which she loved. Nikki explained that this was her time to let go and lose that control she was showing during the first three weeks.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24. I'm waiting for the dance that actually gets 9's.

-

Nick & Peta: 2011: This week the Lacheys are going through different points in their life, and Nick's is the high: the year he and Vanessa got married. Nick explains how much having a family meant to him. It was nice to see Drew get a confessional. The dance was a bit one and the same, and after seeing contemporary done time and time again... there has to be a certain spark, which this dance didn't have. Len saw some instability within the performance.

Scores: 8 | 7 | 7 = 22. You kinda just miss it in the blink of an eye.

-

Lindsey & Mark: 2016: the year her father died of cancer. Her father was always a cheerleader for her and served as her inspiration throughout the years, and this is a dance dedicated to him. The entire package is full of tears. To put it lightly, cancer sucks. The dance also has Mark wearing some of her dad's clothes, particularly his scarf and hat. The dance is full of emotion and the VW content isn't drowned in it. The shadow bit also worked well. Len tried to restrain himself from critiquing, but he wanted more content. It's not like it matters. He and the others loved the dance and praised Lindsey's uniqueness.

Scores: 9 | 8 | 9 = 26. Lindsey mentions that Mark looks like her dad with the scarf and hat. I almost teared up.
-

Derek & Sharna: 2007: his daughter was diagnosed with a rare eye cancer and he had to make the choice to either save or take out her eye. It was rough for him because he wondered how he was going to live with whatever decision he made. He ended up leaving the Utah Jazz to be with his daughter, and this is a dance about selflessness, sacrifice, and unconditional love. The dance is cute, and I was definitely smiling throughout. Carrie Ann noticed a few beats where they were off-sync.

Scores: 7 | 8 | 8 = 23. I actually agree with Carrie Ann on this one.

-

Jordan & Lindsay: 2005: He takes the Simone route and celebrates his adoption from his grandparents. His mother went through drug and alcohol abuse and he explains that his life would be much more different without this moment. This quote stuck out: "It was nice to have a document stating something you already knew was a fact." The tears started flowing right when the camera panned to him. The emotions were high and there were times where they took a breath and you can see him on the verge of breaking down. The technique was flawless as always. He lets out a good cry with his parents after this. I'm crying, Carrie Ann is a puddle of tears, OH MY LORD.

Did anyone else catch former Ashtonise entrants Us The Duo performing?

Scores: 10 | 9 | 10 = 29. GOD DAMN IT LEN. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

-

Sasha & Gleb: 2016: This signifies three things - the wrap of the PLL series finale (which she's been filming since she was 12!!!), her losing her confidence from her undiagnosed weight gain, and ending with her engagement to Hudson Sheaffer. She described the experience as "one door closing, and another one opening". And that's what Gleb did during the dance. One door closed, showing deep dark tones, and when she opened the next door, light and hope shone through. Yet the entire time, Gleb kept the foxtrot content going. Len loved the quality of the dance, and Bruno felt that her grace embodies the style perfectly.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24. There we go! I always said she'd slay at ballroom dances.

-

Vanessa & Maks: 2017: Now we get to cry our eyes out with Vanessa. The Lacheys' low point in their lives was the complications during the premature birth of their son, Phoenix. A couple confessionals from Nick saw him crying because he felt powerless, unable to protect his wife and newborn child from this. His song "Godspeed" was, according to Vanessa, a song that kept the couple going. Vanessa explains that her love for her family came from her mother leaving her and living in a military family. Now THIS is a rumba! Carrie Ann noticed a wobble, but she then adds that it aided the story rather than detracted from it. Len noted that the rumba was the woman's dance and Maks did well to help frame her.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24. And we're all crying our eyes out.

-

Drew & Emma: 2007: Apparently the idea of The Property Brothers was a four-year plan in the making because he went off to do some acting in Canada before settling for reality TV. Jonathan's reaction was HILARIOUS. The dance was fast paced but there were a few times where I felt like he wasn't attacking the steps with as much fervor as Emma. Jonathan pops in for the second half and it's glorious. Carrie Ann mentions that he has prong hands that he needs to fix.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24. I'm glad we got both of the Property Brothers for this dance.

-

Victoria & Val: 2017: Let's listen to her whole story again. Was attacked by a nerve condition at 11, managed to get her motor and speaking back as a teenager, became a successful Paralympian, and once that was done and out, decided to rehabilitate her legs. The routine starts off in a wheelchair (and it's hella difficult to dance with a wheelchair), but after that it's constant Foxtrot content. Val has finally learned how to balance the jazz/contemporary parts with the given style.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 = 27. JESUS CHRIST I LOVED THAT DANCE. It really makes me think what could happen if we did get someone in a wheelchair on DWTS. That would totally change up the teaching strategies.

-

In Jeopardy: Nick & Peta, Derek & Sharna. GOOD. We can't have another woman going at this stage.
Eliminated: Derek & Sharna. SHARNA FLOPPED ohmy.gif Her stans are going to be pissed.

-

Tomorrow: DISNEY NIGHT! And I think I speak for everyone here... NO MORE FROZEN DANCES.

Dance Ranking:
10 | 1.) Jordan & Lindsay
9 | 2.) Victoria & Val
9 | 3.) Nikki & Artem
9 | 4.) Lindsey & Mark
8 | 5.) Vanessa & Maks
8 | 6.) Sasha & Gleb
8 | 7.) Drew & Emma
7 | 8.) Frankie & Witney
7 | 9.) Terrell & Cheryl
6 | 10.) Nick & Peta
6 | 11.) Derek & Sharna

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 14 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #25
Group icon
WEEK 5 SONGS & STYLES:

I'm just guessing on which version they will be dancing to. Jordan's I'm 85% confident in bc he has yet to dance to his own song.

Disney Night:
Frankie & Witney | Argentine Tango | Hans Zimmer & Rodrigo y Gabriela - Angelica (from Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides)
Jordan & Lindsay | Foxtrot | Lin-Manuel Miranda & Jordan Fisher - You're Welcome (from Moana)
Vanessa & Maks | Waltz | Nikki Yanofsky - Un Jour Mon Prince Viendra (from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves)
Sasha & Gleb | Rumba | Samuel E. Wright - Kiss The Girl (from The Little Mermaid)
Nikki & Artem | Jazz | Benjamin Bratt & Anthony Gonzalez - Remember Me (from Coco)
Nick & Peta | Quickstep | Bill Murray & Kermit Ruffins - The Bare Necessities (from The Jungle Book)
Victoria & Val | Jazz | Lewis Bertram - Steamboat Willie (from Steamboat Willie)
Drew & Emma | Viennese Waltz | Kermit the Frog - Rainbow Connection (from The Muppet Movie)
Lindsey & Mark | Foxtrot | Cliff Edwards & Disney Studio Choir - When You Wish Upon A Star (from Pinocchio)
Terrell & Cheryl | Quickstep | Jason Weaver, Rowan Atkinson & Laura Williams - I Just Can't Wait To Be King (from The Lion King)

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 17 2017, 07:30 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Watch all Disney Night dances here!

Okay, I was at Disneyland over the weekend, so that gives me more than enough spirit to review Disney Night! We have an opening dedicated to It's A Small World, a ride filled with weird animatronics, Easter eggs, and free air conditioning.

(scores: Carrie Ann | Len | Bruno)

-

Victoria & Val: They get Steamboat Willie, which is a classic with Mickey Mouse himself (before he was Mickey!). First off, I like how the audience is silent during this because it totally fits the 1940's mood of the whole thing. It's an interesting dance with a lift and some troupe members, but for some reason it seems to be lacking a certain spark that the other dances had. The judges loved the Charleston elements. I just wish they could have gotten a legit Charleston to this dance.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 = 27. Eh... it was a tad bit overscored.

-

Vanessa & Maks: She gets a dance dedicated to the oldest princess movie in Disney history: Snow White & the Seven Dwarves. Maks, of course, gets into his goofy side and does some Seven Dwarves impressions. If I were one of the dwarves, I'd be Doc. This waltz was pretty, but kinda boring. A huge step down from some of the other dances Vanessa has been doing. Carrie Ann thought she stopped dancing for a while, and Bruno said she was falling out of her turns. She better not be stepping down on us now!

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24. I mean for a waltz that's decent, but at this point if you're getting only 8's you're in big trouble.

-

Lindsey & Mark: When You Wish Upon A Star. The classic Disney theme. Almost every intro has had this playing. Mark has been known for OTT dances, especially for a theme night as production heavy as Disney Night (see his last Disney foxtrot with Willow Shields, where he played the White Rabbit to Willow's Alice), but this one seemed very mellow, and it's a side of Mark I've never seen in my life. Has marriage mellowed him down? The dance itself was just so classy and elegant and still had a bit of Lindsey magic to it (especially in counts where she's skipping).

Scores: 9 | 10 | 9 = 28. I'm legit crying. FROM LEN, A 10. This is how you get 10's from Len, you guys!

-

Nick & Peta: It's a day in the animal park for him and his kids this week! For this dance he plays an overgrown Mowgli with a cheeky buzzcut. The dance was cool, but at some parts I feel like Peta's doing all the work and their hold isn't the best. He's getting there, if that's any consolation.

Scores: 7 | 8 | 7 = 22. Slick, clean, and just there. If only I had Len's misguided optimism.

-

Drew & Emma: We get the Muppet Movie from them, and there's some bits with them as puppets. Kermit is doing the introduction! Drew is much more fluid than he has been all season! Emma's choreography really shone this week, she seems very apt at doing Viennese Waltzes. I think in terms of Emma's partners, Hayes might be knocked down to third. Carrie Ann praises the fluidity of the dance.

Scores: 9 | 8 | 8 = 25. Thank you Carrie Ann for finally having some sense!

-

Sasha & Gleb: I got a sneak peek of Sasha's IG, and Gleb looked hilarious as a merman. Wonder if he lost a bet with Hudson? tongue.gif She's lost 37 pounds so far. Just about anything dealing with dance can help you shed some weight. It's great cardio. I'm actually proud of Gleb for not overtly sexualizing this routine because the rumba is definitely something that could get oversexualized. Carrie Ann said she had "ooziness". Not sure what that means, but if it has something to do with how smooth her moves were, then we'll take it to go!

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24. It was very... inhibited for Gleb's caliber. Also her smile is so charming!

-

Terrell & Cheryl: So the last time I Just Can't Wait To Be King was a song of choice, Cody Simpson got eliminated and I'm still salty over it. There's something about this quickstep that's very... off and it's putting me off watching it. It just feels too polished and a song like this is rough around the edges and more playful; this feels like he's concentrating too much on not messing up. It's not the best quickstep but I did like the production. The judges are praising his improvement and loved that he worked hard to maintain his frame.

Scores: 9 | 8 | 8 = 24. This really didn't deserve a 9.

-

Frankie & Witney: SPEAKING OF WITNEY. This dance is inspired by Pirates Of the Caribbean, and that means flashbacks to Riker & Allison's Paso Doble (link added for posterity). Witney wants him to be more sexy. Sorry, no one can be Orlando Bloom or Brenton Thwaites. Though we can all imagine. Everything about this Argentine Tango was just sleek and clean. To no one's surprise, the judges loved it.

Scores: 10 | 9 | 10 = 29. JESUS CHRIST. Go off.

-

Jordan & Lindsay: He finally gets to dance to his own song! (Speaking of Jordan's songs, #BuyMessOniTunes) There are certain accents in the choreography that he hits perfectly and IT MAKES ME SWOON. Also they added some foxtrot elements in the hip hop breakdown! Yep, this dance was just flawless.

Scores: 10 | 10 | 10 = 30. If Mark can't win, LINDSAY HAS TO. She's gotten by into the finale with rather meh people (and Calvin), and she really deserves this after suffering through Davidgate.

-

Nikki & Artem: I'm loving that she gets to showcase and connect with her Mexican heritage with this dance! From further research, they are performing a traditional Mexican dance called the Jarabe Tapatío, and it really fits the vibe of the whole movie. Apparently it's inspired by Dia de los Muertos. She's smiling through the whole thing and I think this is a breakthrough for her. Not a standard Jazz routine, but true to DWTS, anything goes with it, and I'm glad they went with an authentic Mexican dance. Props to Artem. Like I said, he's choreographing smarter now.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 = 27. Almost in line with the last Disney night dance he did! However, THIS DESERVED A 10.

-

In Jeopardy: Sasha & Gleb, Frankie & Witney. So we're getting a Season 18-styled Disney night. Either someone I like is getting robbed, or Witney is. And somehow Cheryl stays.
Eliminated: Sasha & Gleb. ROBBED QUEEN. So far three women have been eliminated. DWTS has gotten a lot more misogynistic this season and I'm not here for it.

If this means Jordan is pulling a Charlie White I better unstan before it gets ugly

*meanwhile Liam is hiring snipers to take down the DWTS producers*

-

Tomorrow: It's the return of Movie Night!

Dance Ranking (first place is a shocker):
10 | 1.) Nikki & Artem
10 | 2.) Jordan & Lindsay
9 | 3.) Lindsey & Mark
9 | 4.) Frankie & Witney
9 | 5.) Drew & Emma
8 | 6.) Sasha & Gleb
7 | 7.) Victoria & Val
7 | 8.) Vanessa & Maks
6 | 9.) Terrell & Cheryl
6 | 10.) Nick & Peta

Yes, I know Jordan's was the cleanest I've seen a Disney dance and he's absolutely flawless but COME ON. Nikki's dance was super entertaining and the replay potential is super high. This is the choreography I've been wanting from Artem ever since Season 19!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Oct 24 2017, 01:57 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
Omg Lindsay Stirling and Mark Ballas slaying their Argentine Tango with Taahino's entry Sevdaliza 'Human'...I was slayed :rip:

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Oct 24 2017, 01:57 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Cody did you just see that sob.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 24 2017, 02:08 AM
Post #29
Group icon
QUOTE(frAddy Crouger @ Oct 23 2017, 06:57 PM) *
Cody did you just see that sob.gif
I'm on the west coast so it hasn't aired yet sad.gif NO SPOILERS OF WHO WENT HOME YET, not until I finish my recap post

WEEK 6 SONGS & STYLES:

Disney Night:
Frankie & Witney | Jazz | Sheila E. - Holly Rock (Animation)
Jordan & Lindsay | Rumba | Ed Sheeran - Supermarket Flowers (Drama)
Vanessa & Maks | Quickstep | Megan Hilty - Let's Be Bad (Musical)
Nikki & Artem | Argentina Tango | Indila - Derniere Danse (Foreign) w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif
Nick & Peta | Samba | Dru Hill, Will Smith and Kool Mo Dee - Wild Wild West (Western) drama.gif drama.gif drama.gif
Victoria & Val | Paso Doble | Queen - We Will Rock You (Sports)
Drew & Emma | Paso Doble | The Score - Legend (Action)
Lindsey & Mark | Argentine Tango | Sevdaliza - Human (Sci-Fi) cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Terrell & Cheryl | Jive | Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (Spy)

I've been hyped for the Sevdaliza AT for a while bc that sounds like a song that would be wicked for an AT (Tsar B's Escalate is also another one).

We also get Daehun's legendary first win and a BJFest entry from this year! DON'T LET ME DOWN, ARTEM.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 24 2017, 02:56 AM
Post #30
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Omggg INDILA, that sound was made for a tango!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 24 2017, 07:19 AM
Post #31
Group icon
Watch all Movie Night dances here!

Welcome to A Night At The Movies, where the remaining contestants dance based on movie genres and Shania Twain guest judges. Somewhere in the distance, Regina is spontaneously combusting.

Check for her latest song "Soldier" appearing in the upcoming film Thank You For Your Service.

(scores: Carrie Ann | Len | Shania | Bruno)

-

Nikki & Artem: Nikki is feeling the pressure of catching up with the front runners after doing so well last time and opening up is hard. I don't blame her considering she was among the first three performers for about HALF OF THE DANCES SO FAR. But girl, all Artem wants to do is break the top 5, you're fine. The singers butcher the song but the dance was on fire. It wasn't as spectacular as their last dance, though. The judges notice a bit of a stumble which Artem takes the fall for. Still another flawless dance from Nikki.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36. At this point every single point counts so I'm glad that they're at the benchmark.

-

Drew & Emma: Remember two weeks ago when Drew was sharing his frustrations about not breaking into the Canadian movie industry? He's now ready to channel his inner Ryan Reynolds. They're hoping Drew's martial arts skills and Canadian-mess will help him win over the judges. NOPE NOPE NOPE. THIS ONE'S A MESS. The stage fighting is not as polished as it could be and he blatantly butchers a step. The judges noticed and call him out on it.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 9 | 7 = 30. Shania, are you sure you're not holding your 6 paddle upside down?

-

Nick & Peta: Last week, he expected to go home and he's frustrated because he knows he's bad. He says he looks like an idiot trying to dance but he wants to show his son the meaning of perseverance. The dancing came out... and already it's a hot mess. I'm ABSOLUTELY FUMING that Sasha went home so early. The quality of this week has just gone down to an all time low. Of course it doesn't look bad, but Peta's a genius so it's no surprise. The judges somehow love the breakdown. Bet they would have gone in if it was Nikki or Lindsey.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 7 | 6 = 26. I don't wanna be petty but... karma.

-

Victoria & Val: Alan in a zamboni... nice stuff. Remember shirtless Artem in a zamboni? The theme they get is sports, which is very fitting for our fellow former Paralympian. We get to see Val in a speedo (I'm pretty sure Harry loved that one). At this point, the weakest paso he's ever done was the one for Laurie's MMY dance, but this one unfortunately is a close second. The technique was good but it feels too slow and lacked energy. The choreography kinda feels like they were trying to recreate Normani's Paso and it didn't work.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 7 | 8 = 31. OH MY GOD SHANIA. rotf.gif

-

Terrell & Cheryl: I want to interject for a second - Cheryl did AMAZING for her first week on Dance Moms. I'm half expecting this dance to be on the same manner, but instead of protesting against Abby and all this distress in their lives... they're stealing the 10 paddles from Len. I've been waiting for a jive to this song that I'd take just about anything. This somehow manages to exceed my expectations. Terrell has improved so much this week. The judges liked the oiliness of the dance but I don't really think it was that slick.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 10 | 9 = 37. No way was this better than Nikki.

-

Frankie & Witney: Okay they kinda look adorable in the package. Their chemistry is extremely obvious and I'm loving every minute of it. The dance... was a little too juvenile. It's very reminiscent of Chris Kattan's jazz routine and he and Witney were the sloppiest of flops during that season. Frankie seemed to stumble on some moves and a lot of it kinda got drowned out by the production.

Scores: 7 | 8 | 8 | 8 = 31. I thought Len was supposed to be the mean judge.

-

Vanessa & Maks: Their partnership seems to be growing which is such a good sign. She explains that she's having so much fun in rehearsals. She looks amazing and plays her character well, and everything goes well until part of her dress flies off too early. It doesn't matter because she destroyed that dance and handled everything like a pro. Carrie Ann thought that the costume malfunction was more liberating than distracting.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36. There goes those 9's again. Now how do the two front runners fare?

-

Jordan & Lindsay: Apparently he had a few injuries as a result from doing gymnastics when he was younger, and that added to him wanting to top his perfect score add a bit more pressure for him. The rumba was sweet and delicate and I'm just in awe at how amazing Lindsay's choreography has always been. Len didn't get the fidgeting - Lindsay explains that it was part of the "drama" aspect. Makes sense. After all, he was playing a widower.

Scores: 10 | 9 | 10 | 10 = 39. I mean it's not really his best but if I expected there to be a 9 I thought it would have come from Shania.

-

Lindsey & Mark: Mark gets to play a mad scientist and it's a cute little segment where Lindsey explains how he gets into his characters' heads. I have no words. BEST DANCE OF THE SEASON. Even in these kooky outfits and the OTT production, Mark manages to add so much content and it's clear that Lindsey can handle just about anything. She really maintained the android-esque character. Bruno agrees. No surprise there. Here comes that 40.

Scores: 10 | 10 | 10 | 10 = 40. FINALLY. Mark, welcome back, STAY FOREVER.

-

In Jeopardy: Nick & Peta, Terrell & Cheryl, Victoria & Val. PLEASE BE A GUY.
Eliminated: Nick & Peta. First elimination this far into the competition that has made sense. Also PETA FLOPPED AGAIN ohmy.gif

-

Next Week: Halloween Night and Team dances! Emma currently having war flashbacks to winning the Halloween team dance and getting the boot with Hayes. Will a similar fate await Drew?

Dance Ranking:
10 | 1.) Lindsey & Mark (voted!)
10 | 2.) Jordan & Lindsay
10 | 3.) Nikki & Artem (voted!)
9 | 4.) Vanessa & Maks
9 | 5.) Terrell & Cheryl
8 | 6.) Victoria & Val
7 | 7.) Frankie & Witney
5 | 8.) Drew & Emma
5 | 9.) Nick & Peta

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 26 2017, 03:22 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
SPEECHLESS at Lindsey's tango, f***ing hell

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 28 2017, 12:33 AM
Post #33
Group icon
QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 26 2017, 08:22 AM) *
SPEECHLESS at Lindsey's tango, f***ing hell
Surely Mark has an Emmy locked up this time?

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 29 2017, 09:38 PM
Post #34
Group icon
I've been reviewing the scores this week, and right now with Nick gone, I feel like the elimination can go either way at this point. Right now we know that Jordan and Lindsey will be safe, but that leaves the other six.

• Terrell is easily one of the weakest dancers left but he's been getting better, which gives him the Journey angle, and he has Cheryl whose choreography seems to get better every week. At the same time, one 10 can easily stagnate him.
• Nikki got a 36 this week and did pretty well despite some stumbles. She's six points ahead of Drew but as shown during Davidgate, you can be 14 points ahead and still lose to an inferior dancer because they catered more to the audience. However, Nikki also has a huge fanbase in the WWE fandom and with Total Bellas airing the day before, she can get some of that audience's attention.
• Vanessa is a bit of a wildcard. All of Nick Lachey's potential voters will move on to support her, that is if they hadn't already done that. The chemistry with Maks is getting there but it's still a little shaky. She and Maks will have to pull out all the stops if they want to be safe.
• Frankie is one I'm really worried about. While he's among the top scorers overall I haven't seen a good angle to him since Disney night and being one point above Drew can easily get him out.
• Victoria is in the same boat. They have been milking the disability angle almost every single week and Val produced his first mediocre Paso in years. It may be between her and Frankie in votes.
• I wanna say I'm confident in Drew going home if we're basing it on scores alone; his dance was a mess and that 9 from Shania was clearly a fluke. However, that may have sparked a fire under his fanbase's butts to get them to vote for him.

It may be between Drew, Frankie & Victoria, and I can see some massive outrage if one of the latter two get eliminated at this stage, moreso Frankie than Victoria.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 30 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #35
Group icon
https://www.aol.com/amp/2017/10/30/dancing-...ing-rib-injury/

drama.gif drama.gif drama.gif

I feel like God wants this show to end

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Oct 30 2017, 05:10 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Oh no sad.gif

This season wont be the same if she has to leave the show because of her injury...i hope nothing serious and she recovers fast.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 30 2017, 06:20 PM
Post #37
Group icon
I feel like ratings might tank even more if Lindsey does end up withdrawing. Even more if she ends up not giving 100% and gets bottom of the leaderboard, setting her up as a shock elimination. Ratings this season are already down do much after the mess of last season.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 31 2017, 03:39 AM
Post #38
Group icon
https://instagram.com/p/Ba5YxtTHuHh/

QUEEN

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 31 2017, 03:52 AM
Post #39
Group icon
Well if the misogyny going on this season isn’t blatant enough it should be now.

Write-up coming later. I need to blow off some steam.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 31 2017, 04:14 AM
Post #40
Group icon
WEEK 7 SONGS & STYLES:

Just to remind y’all of the songs

Disney Night:
Frankie & Witney | Contemporary | Chase Holfelder - Every Breath You Take
Jordan & Lindsay | Paso Doble | Martin Garrix - Animals
Vanessa & Maks | Paso Doble | Ruelle - Game Of Survival
Nikki & Artem | Jive | Bette Midler - I Put A Spell On You
Victoria & Val | Viennese Waltz | Lord Huron - The Night We Met
Drew & Emma | Charleston | Danny Elfman - Remains of the Day
Lindsey & Mark | Paso Doble | Lindsey Stirling - Roundtable Rival
Terrell & Cheryl | Tango | Rick James - Super Freak

IS THAT A COR LUPUS UNKNOWN PLEASURES ARTIST I SEE?!?!

Team Monster Mash | Terrell/Lindsey/Jordan/Nikki
Team Phantom Of The Ballroom | Drew/Vanessa/Victoria/Frankie

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:28 AM