BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Devious Maids, Season 3 | 2015
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post 24th June 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

So this is Marc Cherry's replacement for Desperate Housewives, co-executive-produced by Eva Longoria (who played Gabi Solis in Desperate Housewives).

The pilot episode has aired in America now, and you can watch it illegally on the internet (kink.gif). It's looking like a rather fab show, with very large shoes to fill after Desperate Housewives, but having watched said pilot episode, I'm already warming to the characters, and it seems like it's going to follow the same pattern as Desperate Housewives, with four women and a mystery each season. LOVE IT. wub.gif

Loving the subtle hints to Desperate Housewives too, what with a character named Alejandro, the woman who played Tom's girlfriend in season 8 making a recurring appearance as a news reporter, and of course the fact that one of the four women made an appearance in the last ever episode of Desperate Housewives, looking forward to this show.

Can't wait for episode 2! w00t.gif

This post has been edited by Calum Hood: 12th February 2015, 01:03 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jark
post 24th June 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
It was OK. Quite amusing/enjoyable in places but cringeworthy/flat in others. The ginger woman (Evelyn) whose maid was murdered is obviously the one who gets the wittiest lines. I quite liked the maid who sings (Carmen) and the newcomer (Marisol, aka Hilda Suarez). The other maids were pretty bad, especially the one with the son back home and the young one who's meant to be a little sexpot. Also the actress woman who did the TV interview was dreadful.

6/10 for the pilot.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 24th June 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
The episode has been out for 2 weeks. Just sayin'.

Going to wait to hear about ratings before getting invested in this show.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 24th June 2013, 04:00 PM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I liked the twist at the end, look forward to seeing how that develops and hopefully the storylines will be a bit tighter than DH with it being a 13 ep/season cable show.

Much better switching networks too, don't reckon it would've succeeded on ABC this past season and it's very on-brand for Lifetime with more chance to get the ratings it needs to survive.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 24th June 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
I've been burned with Lifetime before, I think I'll wait until it gets renewed before investing in this.

RIP AGAINST THE WALL cry.gif

+Quote this post
Lovett™
post 25th June 2013, 12:50 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,344
QUOTE(B Y E @ Jun 24 2013, 04:57 PM) *
Going to wait to hear about ratings before getting invested in this show.
Lifetime’s all-new drama Devious Maids (#DeviousMaids) averaged 2.0 million Total Viewers in its premiere last night. Starring Ana Ortiz (Ugly Betty), Dania Ramírez (Entourage), Roselyn Sánchez (Without a Trace), Edy Ganem (Livin’ Loud) and Judy Reyes (Scrubs) as five maids with ambition and dreams of their own while working for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills, Devious Maids also averaged 865,000 Adults 25-54 viewers, 826,000 Adults 18-49 viewers, 662,000 Women 25-54 viewers and 633,000 Women 18-49 viewers, according to Nielsen Research.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/tag/devious-maids-ratings/

+Quote this post
p a v
post 25th June 2013, 05:06 AM
Post #7
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Against the Wall scored 1.8 for the pilot and even MORE in 18-49 so I'm definitely worried.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 25th June 2013, 09:02 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
i need to watch this

+Quote this post
Qween
post 25th June 2013, 09:13 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
I won't be TOO worried if it doesn't get renewed. It's a fun diversion and some of the lines, mainly Evelyn's, were glorious (I could watch a full hour of her and her husband bickering and being generally quite fabulous tbh). Overall though it's not as strong as the sum of its parts, there are some great actresses kind of wasted a little, but I'm willing to forgive that as it was just the pilot and there's plenty more to come yet.

The twist at the end was blindingly obvious, but I'm interested enough to go with it, for now.

Oh and re. ratings, I'd say it's not a great start. If it holds then it might be alright (Drop Dead Diva and The Client List basically do 0.7 18-49 too), but if it falls which most shows do from the pilot then that's a different story.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 25th June 2013, 11:58 AM
Post #10
Group icon
nabad
I really hope this manages to keep a stable audience throughout the series.

Out of curiosity, though, does anybody happen to know how many viewers Desperate Housewives got in its first season (obviously it's a different story because that was almost a decade ago), and how many viewers it got in its last season? I'm sure if the Americans who were fans of DH knew this was a spin-off made by Marc and Eva, then they'd definitely tune in.

+Quote this post
jark
post 25th June 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #11
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
Seasons 1 and 2 of DH got 10.0s in the 18-49s and upwards of 20m viewers. By the end it was getting 2s in the 18-49s and 9m viewers. So yeah, Americans were pretty much done with it. I doubt if they care that this is made by Marc Cherry, and Eva's name is just attached for the producer's credit.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 25th June 2013, 01:46 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
I don't think an awful lot of people CARE enough about who makes a show to watch it solely based on that. Apart from maybe JJ Abrams and even then they usually jump ship within about 2 episodes so it's not really any big bonus.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 3rd July 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #13
Group icon
nabad
Just finished watching episode 2! Really, really warming to the characters (well, some of them, others are complete bitches).

Marisol's female employer, I really like, but the Powell's that she wanted to work for on her day off are just annoying (especially Adrian, he's just creepy as fuck, and the worst bully. Such a sleaze.). I absolutely love Valentina, she's so beautiful, and her character is excellent. wub.gif Felt really sorry for her when her mum told her to go and find out what they wanted to drink, what a bitch... Hopefully his friends turn around, though, and accept her for what she is. sad.gif I really don't like Rosie, though. Her voice is rather irritating, and it seems she's just forcing the acting out of herself, and it's really hard to watch. Carmen is fantastic, though, so I'm glad that Alejandro's sidekick wasn't there to get up his arse and stop her from being nice to him, until the end, UGH. WHY DID SHE EVEN COME BACK. laugh.gif Peri is amazing, though. Her husband seems a bit of a dick, so no wonder she's cheating on him with some eye candy like THAT! *.* kink.gif

Fab episode overall, looking forward to the next! happy.gif

This post has been edited by Calum Sandé: 3rd July 2013, 11:51 PM

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 4th July 2013, 09:49 AM
Post #14
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
I'm not keen on Carmen, she's the one maid who I have no interest in like, at all (or the people around her). The others are about as good as each other. Valentina is the one I'm rooting for right now.

The 2nd episode wasn't quite as good, hope it picks up a bit.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 4th July 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
So the one from Ugly Betty is from wealth? I'm presuming she had her own maid in the flashback scene?

+Quote this post
Calum
post 8th July 2013, 05:55 PM
Post #16
Group icon
nabad
Finished episode 3. Probably wasn't as good as last week's but it was certainly still entertaining. Honestly can't explain how AMAZING Valentina is. wub.gif I really like the friendship between Taylor and Marisol, too. They make a good team. Although I feel as if Marc Cherry's trying to make Olivia the Felicia Tilman of Devious Maids, and I don't really like that. Felt a bit sorry for Carmen this week, but I feel more sorry for Sam, who seems really nice, and she's just using him. :/ Adrian's secret though, UGH. What a filthy old bast*rd. Can't stand him, and the character's storyline is just repulsive. I'm probably a mile off, but given Evelyn's stance on his "hobby", I think she may have killed Flora, but that doesn't exactly match with where she was in episode 1 when the death occurred. Hrm...

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 10th July 2013, 05:16 PM
Post #17
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
I am slowly warming to Carmen with the last episode but I agree with a comment I read online earlier which said she isn't as involved with the others, and neither are her employers (yet). She'd be pretty disposable if it came down to it.

The ratings are finally showing some promise though, trending up in viewers each week and 0.7 -> 0.6 -> 0.9 in 18-49

+Quote this post
Calum
post 10th July 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #18
Group icon
nabad
QUOTE(Jáhq @ Jul 10 2013, 06:16 PM) *
I am slowly warming to Carmen with the last episode but I agree with a comment I read online earlier which said she isn't as involved with the others, and neither are her employers (yet). She'd be pretty disposable if it came down to it.

The ratings are finally showing some promise though, trending up in viewers each week and 0.7 -> 0.6 -> 0.9 in 18-49

Yeah, that is true. All the other employers seem to be connected to the main plot of the series (Evelyn and Adrian especially, of course). They all have their own stories, but the only thing connecting Alejandro to Carmen seems to be that she fancies him... And he's kind of disappeared. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Connor.
post 10th July 2013, 06:36 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,311
I'm loving this series a lot. Taylor and Marisol's friend is really nice. Adrian is disgusting! Looking forward to the next episode.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 29th July 2013, 06:02 PM
Post #20
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
I'm glad to see this keeps trending up in the ratings because I've really been getting into it recently. Susan Lucci is great in her role (latest ep especially) and my opinions on the maids have changed a lot. Carmen has quickly become one of my favourites but that Mr Spence is awful, Rosie's arc is the weakest at the moment.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 07:18 AM