BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
DJHazey
post 22nd December 2020, 03:05 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,783

I lost track of this and just noticed today it was drawn. Because of Covid, all the qualifying has been so delayed I never know when they're actually getting on with things lol. So here's how I predict things will go:

Group A: Portugal [Q] Ireland [Playoffs] | Luxembourg gets at least one surprising result and Serbia never scare me if I was an Irish fan.
Group B: Spain [Q] Greece [Playoffs] | Really close between Greece and Sweden, but Sweden has been meh lately and I feel a Greek surge coming, for some reason.
Group C: Italy [Q] Switzerland [Playoffs] | Bulgaria pips Northern Ireland for 3rd.
Group D: France [Q] Finland [Playoffs] | This will come down to last match day for 2nd.
Group E: Belgium [Q] Wales [Playoffs] | Pretty straight-forward group if you ask me. Alot of free points from the bottom two.
Group F: Scotland [Q] Denmark [Playoffs] | A shocker I know, but I feel like they might go on a Iceland-like run as a nation.
Group G: Netherlands [Q] Norway [Playoffs] | The bottom three teams are free points for all just like Group F.
Group H: Russia [Q] Croatia [Playoffs] | It's kind of traditional for Croatia to need playoffs anyway, plus Russia has been relatively strong recently.
Group I: England [Q] Hungary [Playoffs] | Hungary has been playing above their brow lately so I see them taking another step forward. England won't have it as easy as usual but they're still dominate. San Marino might actually grab a couple points from Andorra.
Group J: Germany [Q] Iceland [Playoffs] | Looks pretty realistic for Iceland to get back to the playoffs. Also Armenia and North Macedonia should not be taken lightly they will always be prime for an upset or two.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 22nd December 2020, 03:11 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

The best player in the world currently not being at the World Cup would be a travesty...

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 22nd December 2020, 03:19 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

QUOTE(Dobby Helms @ Dec 22 2020, 03:11 PM) *
The best player in the world currently not being at the World Cup would be a travesty...

Poland's Robert Lewandowski?

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 22nd December 2020, 03:26 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Yup he won that alternative Balon D'or award last week and looking at his insane stats last season can't really argue against that!

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 22nd December 2020, 04:31 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

QUOTE(DJHazey @ Dec 22 2020, 03:05 PM) *
I lost track of this and just noticed today it was drawn. Because of Covid, all the qualifying has been so delayed I never know when they're actually getting on with things lol. So here's how I predict things will go:

Group A: Portugal [Q] Ireland [Playoffs] | Luxembourg gets at least one surprising result and Serbia never scare me if I was an Irish fan.
Group B: Spain [Q] Greece [Playoffs] | Really close between Greece and Sweden, but Sweden has been meh lately and I feel a Greek surge coming, for some reason.
Group C: Italy [Q] Switzerland [Playoffs] | Bulgaria pips Northern Ireland for 3rd.
Group D: France [Q] Finland [Playoffs] | This will come down to last match day for 2nd.
Group E: Belgium [Q] Wales [Playoffs] | Pretty straight-forward group if you ask me. Alot of free points from the bottom two.
Group F: Scotland [Q] Denmark [Playoffs] | A shocker I know, but I feel like they might go on a Iceland-like run as a nation.
Group G: Netherlands [Q] Norway [Playoffs] | The bottom three teams are free points for all just like Group F.
Group H: Russia [Q] Croatia [Playoffs] | It's kind of traditional for Croatia to need playoffs anyway, plus Russia has been relatively strong recently.
Group I: England [Q] Hungary [Playoffs] | Hungary has been playing above their brow lately so I see them taking another step forward. England won't have it as easy as usual but they're still dominate. San Marino might actually grab a couple points from Andorra.
Group J: Germany [Q] Iceland [Playoffs] | Looks pretty realistic for Iceland to get back to the playoffs. Also Armenia and North Macedonia should not be taken lightly they will always be prime for an upset or two.

Serbia beat us in the last World Cup qualifying campaign! We drew in Belgrade 2-2 then beat 0-1 at home!

+Quote this post
DJHazey
post 22nd December 2020, 06:50 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,783

QUOTE(Christmasteve201 @ Dec 22 2020, 11:31 AM) *
Serbia beat us in the last World Cup qualifying campaign! We drew in Belgrade 2-2 then beat 0-1 at home!

That's true, but I still view them as overrated right now.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 24th March 2021, 10:40 AM
Post #27
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

Looking forward to the Serbia Ireland game tonight, nice to see internationals back!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 24th March 2021, 10:44 AM
Post #28
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

I hate internationals! I find the whole process so drawn out.. it's only the tournaments that I actually like.

I also really can't quite get myself up for the fact it's a World Cup in 18 months time.. in the bloody winter!

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 24th March 2021, 12:49 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

I’m not looking forward to this World Cup as it’s in a ridiculous country but still love internationals. I go to all the home games in Dublin so enjoy the experience of that. In Ireland we don’t have the luxury of going to watch full time pros every week so seeing them in Dublin on international duty is the next best thing.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 24th March 2021, 12:55 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Not looking forward to next years World Cup to be honest, its going to mess up all the regular fixtures, Premier League, Europa, Champions League etc etc.... and we are not even on schedule with all the push backs so I wouldn't be surprised if the World Cup will be a year later. lol

Also next year its 150th Anniversary of the FA Cup cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 24th March 2021, 01:08 PM
Post #31
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

The final 7 days before Christmas. It's madness.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 24th March 2021, 01:36 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

Could be a good time to ask for leave and watch the games with a few beers....or a hot chocolate ��

This post has been edited by steve201: 24th March 2021, 01:36 PM

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 24th March 2021, 01:49 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

San Marino & Albania. Couldn't give a monkeys...

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 24th March 2021, 01:57 PM
Post #34
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

QUOTE(steve201 @ Mar 24 2021, 02:36 PM) *
Could be a good time to ask for leave and watch the games with a few beers....or a hot chocolate ��

Could be for next year, I've taken annual leave when it's been Cheltenham Festival and Royal Ascot, big horse racing events.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 24th March 2021, 01:59 PM
Post #35
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Mack. @ Mar 24 2021, 01:08 PM) *
The final 7 days before Christmas. It's madness.

Not even that, the whole thing is a shitshow. We're having a World Cup in a State where there is no history of football and lacks its citizens basic human rights. Thousands of migrants have lost their lives just so we can watch the World Cup and football is being used a s sportwashing exerice. Not only that, it is going to completely mess up the domestic season.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 24th March 2021, 02:18 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I'm actually quite looking forward to the fact it'll be a Winter cup purely for the novelty factor. Might never happen again. Plus I think the quality of football might actually be higher than normal as the players will be peak fitness mid-season as opposed to burnt out after a full domestic/European campaign.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 24th March 2021, 03:19 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

I'm looking forward to next year's World Cup. It is definitely better to have it in the summer but the format of the World Cup itself would always have me excited, I was watching some videos of classic World Cup moments last weekend and it made me wish that the World Cup could arrive now. It's the only football event that transcends the sport as well as you can have people who don't care about football 99.9% of the time taking a keen interest during the tournament.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 24th March 2021, 04:57 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

I know it's far from the popular opinion but I absolutely love international breaks. I get so bored of club football (especially when the team I actually support haven't played in months) that I always find the internationals a welcome break. Not a fan of the World Cup being in December next year though and Qatar should not be the hosts.

I've been looking forward for this Turkey Netherlands match for ages. I fancy Turkey to win.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 24th March 2021, 06:36 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

Yeh some good points above esp from Dobbo about the fitness levels and the winter World Cup being a novelty, albeit I didn’t like the South Africa one albeit it was only winter there but the dark cold looking games didn’t ‘feel’ like a World Cup. Always remember it being like warm and sunny at hone and at the tournament.

Agree this season especially club football is exhausting with the schedule so it is a nice break from it.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 24th March 2021, 06:48 PM
Post #40
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(steve201 @ Mar 24 2021, 06:36 PM) *
Yeh some good points above esp from Dobbo about the fitness levels and the winter World Cup being a novelty, albeit I didn’t like the South Africa one albeit it was only winter there but the dark cold looking games didn’t ‘feel’ like a World Cup. Always remember it being like warm and sunny at hone and at the tournament.

Agree this season especially club football is exhausting with the schedule so it is a nice break from it.

Won't have any problems with Winter in Qatar though.. a different sort of Winter for them laugh.gif

I don't necessarily think just because the players are in better fitness shape the matches will be better either. International football can be drab because the coaches don't have enough time with the players. Very hard to coach Klopp/Guardiola patterns of play levels, I still think we will see the same 1-0 or 0-0 we usually expect in the bigger tournaments.

+Quote this post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:21 PM