BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Shows that should be axed
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brightest Blue
post Jul 14 2018, 10:37 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
There are some shows really could do with being axed

I'll start off with the most obvious one, The X Factor. It needs to either be axed or have a 3 year break to make people miss it!

Discuss!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jul 14 2018, 11:08 AM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
I don’t like the show anymore but I don’t think The X Factor should be axed... yet. It just needs to stop acting like it is still the biggest show on TV, be less dramatic. There’s nothing ITV has up its sleeve that could get 5m+ on a Saturday night.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 14 2018, 11:11 AM
Post #3
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
I would say Geordie Shore and The Only Way is Essex needs to be axed (Im still counting them as reality tv) because they feel way past their prime.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Jul 14 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Completely agree with Geordie and TOWIE! I believe TOWIE gets under 500k in the ratings, although I'm not actually sure.

We haven't had a successful singer to come from X Factor for a while. Rak-Su's first official missed the top 100 for example!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Jul 14 2018, 10:24 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
TOWIE, The X Factor, The Apprentice surely.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Jul 14 2018, 10:28 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
No way for The Apprentice! That show still pulls in decent ratings I believe! No signs of decline for that either I don't think. I love it so much!

+Quote this post
LexC
post Jul 15 2018, 01:05 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
Big Brother.

There I said it. Bottom line cut and dry.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Jul 15 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
Definitely the X Factor

I think they would have been in a much better position now if they had taken a few years off like people wanted years ago.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jul 15 2018, 02:58 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I agree X Factor is definitely not as good as it was, but as stated there's not a lot else that would get its ratings for ITV, it just needs to lighten up a bit and stop trying to make these dramatic changes like the top 2 prize sing-off shite last year and having the categories split across 2 nights. It's sort got the same problem as Big Brother in that its deviated a bit too much from what made it good in the first place, when a lot of it was about these normal people you'd see on the street getting their dream and it was such an event to turn it on and Sunday night results shows were the tensest part of the week. For many reasons, the judges/acts now/themes/"twists", it just doesn't have that magic and it hasn't since about 2011 for me (although the 2014 and 2016 series were good, perhaps that pattern can continue this year but given what the judging panel looks to be, I won't hold my breath :')). I mean The Voice is pretty boring but it works well enough as Saturday viewing because it just uses its own format and doesn't take it too seriously.

Speaking of Big Brother, whilst I will still watch, I at this point wouldn't even be averse to it going as there's Big Brother US and Canada to get my fix if it did laugh.gif I think they should maybe try that format, even just for a shortened series, it might give it the spark it needs although equally I'm not *entirely* sure it would work in our culture of moaning, it's bad enough for being a "fix" when the vote doesn't go someone's way, I can just imagine a fan fave being evicted in week 2 followed by "fans REVOLT as Ofcom receives complaints over Big Brother fix storm" laugh.gif Also the money from voting is probably something they don't want to lose given the show must cost a fair bit.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Jul 15 2018, 03:08 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I'll give Big Brother another year. Hopefully they go back to basics, but who knows. We all know that the producers panic when ratings are low.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jul 15 2018, 03:10 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Yeah true, back to basics would satisfy me as "something different", they do need to try something though because they have nothing to lose and it's gonna die soon anyway so they might as well just give it a go instead of keeping at the same low for a year or two more laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jul 15 2018, 03:43 PM
Post #12
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
The only problem is that the recent Celebrity Big Brother is as ‘back to basics’ as they’re going to go and it basically tanked in the ratings despite a positve buzz from the press and the audience. Saying that though, back to basics definitely works better for the civillian format. They seem have actually auditioned a lot more than recent years which gives me hope for this year.

Considering how well Love Island has done, you would think they would want to invest more in civillian Big Brother. It’s most certainly cheaper anyway because you don’t have to pay extortionate fees for the housemates! But no, unfortunately it’s an afterthought and we ridiculously get two CBBs!

If I wasn’t a fan, I’d probably have been cheering for the axe years ago kink.gif It probably is a show that will have a revival once it eventually has gone. It’s lasted too long not to!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:13 PM