BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Dancing' ● One Year On
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jessie Where
post Jan 19 2019, 12:00 PM
Post #1
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Believe it or not, today marks the first anniversary of 'Dancing's release!

How do we feel about it now?

Has it held up well in your affections compared to how you first felt about it?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Jan 19 2019, 12:02 PM
Post #2
Break the tension

I pretty much loved this immediately and still get so much from it, I do love a song with a double meaning. I listen to it and imagine shimmying across the dancefloor in glittery knee-high boots.

It was pretty exciting to watch the song's progress and see it outperform expectations, and make its mark outside of her fanbase. I certainly didn't think that was possible from a 2018 Kylie single.

I can't believe it's been a whole year. What was my life before this song? I certainly don't remember.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jan 19 2019, 01:05 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Wow, one year already! I can remember so clearly the initial hype on the forum before this was released and then it just exploded when 'Dancing' was released (or leaked, rather). I think most people were hesitant about the rumoured country influences but this struck the balance just right between the Kylie sound we know and love and something that was a little bit different and fresh. It soundtracked 2018 and ended up as my most played; still love it to this date and I think it will go down as a classic in Kylie's discography among fans.

I loved following its progress; we got so many performances and had such great retention on iTunes. Kylie appeared to love performing this and that's what made the era truly special.

+Quote Post
Dannyboy
post Jan 19 2019, 01:18 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 632
   No Gallery Pics

I must admit I was very “erm ok not sure on this” but over time loved it and even now it’s still up there and I still play it more than a lot of Kylies recent singles since 2010. It’s not a “classic Kylie” song for me but certainly up there.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Jan 19 2019, 06:48 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

At first i wasnt blown over and it wasnt until her Saturday night take away performance that the song clicked with me, from then on I got to love it more and more.

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Jan 19 2019, 10:58 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,155

I was meh when I first heard it but grew to absolutely love it although I need a break from the song as I totally overplayed it (I had it on loop when she was battling to finally go Top 40 with it!).

So pleased this managed a peak at #38 however the general public’s awareness of the song makes it feel like it should have charted much higher. I will always look back on Dancing as it kick starting a really exciting time to be a Kylie fan once again.

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Jan 19 2019, 11:29 PM
Post #7
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

I don't dislike it so much now, and recognise it has a great vocal which conveys emotion, but it is still rather generic in terms of production

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Jan 20 2019, 08:37 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(___∆___ @ Jan 19 2019, 10:58 PM) *
I was meh when I first heard it but grew to absolutely love it although I need a break from the song as I totally overplayed it (I had it on loop when she was battling to finally go Top 40 with it!).

So pleased this managed a peak at #38 however the general public’s awareness of the song makes it feel like it should have charted much higher. I will always look back on Dancing as it kick starting a really exciting time to be a Kylie fan once again.

It def was the start of a great era for kylie and us fans, the week it went top 40 felt like it went number 1.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Jan 20 2019, 04:46 PM
Post #9
Break the tension

I'll never forget being overjoyed at it making the top 40, I thought she'd never get another one again!

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jan 23 2019, 05:00 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Idol

What do we reckon the chances are for her next single reaching the Top 40? I feel like she is in a much more encouraging position after Golden than she was after Kiss Me Once and I wonder if that'll have an effect on the initial performance of a new single. Maybe they'll be something released for the summer shows which will also obviously help out.

+Quote Post
Dannyboy
post Jan 23 2019, 05:06 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Jan 23 2019, 05:00 PM) *
What do we reckon the chances are for her next single reaching the Top 40? I feel like she is in a much more encouraging position after Golden than she was after Kiss Me Once and I wonder if that'll have an effect on the initial performance of a new single. Maybe they'll be something released for the summer shows which will also obviously help out.

I think they now know what works and what doesn’t so I’m hopeful.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Jan 24 2019, 12:12 PM
Post #12
Break the tension

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Jan 23 2019, 05:00 PM) *

I feel like with downloads likely to dwindle even further by the next time she releases, I just can't see it happening. It'll be even harder to achieve that.

Mind you, I never thought she'd actually get another top 40 hit again and 'Dancing' managed it so who knows what can happen?

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jan 24 2019, 12:16 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Jan 23 2019, 05:06 PM) *
I think they now know what works and what doesn’t so I’m hopeful.

True. They should by now realise that Kylie fans will lap up a physical release so they should definitely have a widely available physical for her next single. Preferably a CD but vinyl would also sell well. If we get a single for the summer shows that they intend to give a proper push, rather than a dropped-just-for-the-fans release, then I'd probably hold back the physical for 'impact' week and focus those initial weeks of release on trying to get streaming on side.

+Quote Post
Dannyboy
post Jan 24 2019, 12:22 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I think physicals and bundles will be a big part of the next album campaign

+Quote Post
pippa
post Jan 24 2019, 03:48 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Without a doubt i agree with that.
It works very positively for Kylie.
If a new Greatest Hits is coming our way its likely they will go with bundles, different physicals etc.

+Quote Post
SmileyKylie
post Jan 28 2019, 05:33 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,515
   No Gallery Pics

back inside the itunes top 100 a year on as it was on Dancing On Ice

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:49 PM