BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> COMPLETE: Jonjo's Top 50 • Little Mix Songs, Finally!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Mar 27 2019, 09:25 PM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

I have managed to get a playlist together after having a FULL DISCOGRAPHY sesh of our girls. This playlist are songs by Little Mix, that I love.

I've managed to (somehow) dwindle it down to a top 50!

Hoping to start tomorrow. Can I get some hype and predictions please biggrin.gif

(Mini spoiler: turns out I love a good girl group ballad! *.*)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Mar 27 2019, 10:32 PM
Post #2
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

HYPE *.* I have a huge soft spot for a lot of their ballads too, especially from the early albums!

+Quote Post
post Mar 27 2019, 10:36 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,931

Hype for this!

You Gotta Bop to win!

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 28 2019, 07:50 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 27 2019, 10:32 PM) *
HYPE *.* I have a huge soft spot for a lot of their ballads too, especially from the early albums!
Yyaasss. Expect the earlier ones to appear (fairly high).

YGN may or may not enter, Joe. ohmy.gif

For the most part, I have put the remixes with the originals (unless stated otherwise). But if they're completely different, both may enter individually! (Mainly Secret Love Song)

+Quote Post
Defaze
post Mar 28 2019, 10:11 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 17,608
   No Gallery Pics

Yas, so here for this. 'Towers' to win.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Mar 28 2019, 10:34 AM
Post #6
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I thought I saw you reveal what your favourite is in the eliminator. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 28 2019, 07:09 PM
Post #7

The least fave singles polls? ohmy.gif

This countdown is EVERYTHING though.. ;D

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 28 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #8

46 - 50

46. I Love You [Get Weird]
47. Change Your Life [DNA]
48. Competition [Salute]
49. See Me Now [Salute]
50. Dear Lover [Glory Days: Platinum Edition]

~~~

In this block we see the stunning I Love You. A song that should be cringey and cheesy, but is actually really stunning and cute. Change Your Life is next and say what you want, I love a good empowering mid-tempo, ballad. Up next is Competition which doesn't have much going for it production wise, but it's very catchy and gets stuck in your head really easily. Another 'Salute' track drops out next as we lose See Me Now, a song about empowerment but in a more sassy way and finally we have the underrated Glory Days Platinum Edition track Dear Lover a song that I feel got over shadowed by the (admittedly superior) bonus tracks.

+Quote Post
Defaze
post Mar 28 2019, 09:08 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 17,608
   No Gallery Pics

All stellar tracks (except CYL, which is a bit meh).

I low-key hated 'Dear Lover' when I heard its snippet but the finished product is lush. The production is such a huge step-up from the standard GD.

'I Love You' is probably my favourite non-single from Get Weird and I don't think it's an unpopular opinion when I say 'Competition' 1000% should've been released instead of 'Word Up' for Comic relief.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 29 2019, 07:35 PM
Post #10

41 - 45

41. Always Be Together [DNA: The Deluxe Edition]
42. DNA (Unplugged) [DNA: The Deluxe Edition]
43. Woman's World [LM5]
44. Shout Out To My Ex (Acoustic) [Glory Days: The Platinum Edition]
45. Strip (feat. Sharaya J) [LM5]

~~~

We kick off the next selection with Always Be Together one of the pure, bubblegum pop songs from DNA. Such a cute, anthemic number. It feels like a lot of people brush past this </3. I told y'all I literally have EVERYTHING in this countdown haha so we see a couple of "unplugged" and acoustic entries fall out in this section starting with the beautiful DNA - Unplugged where their harmonies REALLY shine. Woman's World is next at #48 and it's been quite the grower for me. It's the maturer and better half of 'Little Me' imo. Stunning lyrics! Up next is the Shout Out To My Ex - Acoustic Version, not gonna lie though, had they recorded/used the paper penthouse version of the song, it probs woulda been top 10 and then finally we have the love/hate Strip one of their mostbdaring and original songs in their entire back catalogue imo. I think this would've worked well as the 2nd single as there is just something ridiculously addictive about it.

+Quote Post
post Mar 29 2019, 08:48 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

I stan Dear Lover so much.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 21 2019, 07:05 PM
Post #12

36 - 40

36. Good Enough [Salute]
37. Red Planet (feat. T-Boz) [DNA]
38. Motivate [LM5]
39. Down & Dirty [Glory Days]
40. How Ya Doin'? (feat. Missy Elliott) [DNA: The Deluxe Edition]

~~~

Into the top 40 we go and a#36 we have the mega power ballad Good Enough from the girls 2nd album. An emotional ballad that seems to get praise and YT reaction videos of their live performance on their 'Salute' tour. Red Planet is next and that song features TLC member T-Boz and carried on the ethereal pop sound of songs like E.T., Dark Horse and the girls very own DNA. The underrated anthem of LM5 Motivate is at #38. This song gives me such an adrenaline rush whenever I listen to it. Really excited and hoping we get to see this performed on the LM5 tour! Down & Dirty is SO under appreciated and gets far too much hate. It's SO good and such a moment live too and finally in the top 40 is a new admiration for How Ya Doin'? the single mix feat. Missy Elliott. It's aged so, SO well!

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 21 2019, 07:35 PM
Post #13

31 - 35

31. Reggaetón Lento [Glory Days: The Platinum Edition]
32. If I Get My Way [Glory Days: The Platinum Edition]
33. Hair (feat. Sean Paul) [Get Weird]
34. Stereo Soldier [DNA]
35. Weird People [Get Weird]

~~~

Just missing the top 30 we have the huge hit Reggaetón Lento which is a remixed version of Latin group CNCO's big smash. The girls appearance helped the song crossover in the English speaking territories in a huge way. Such a banger. If I Get My Way is an incredibly infectious mid-tempo reggaetón infused pop track which was one of the bonus tracks on the repackaged version of their Glory Days album. At #33 is a song that really made no sense to me as to why it was chosen as a single over some of the other Get Weird tracks but what the girls seem to have a habit of making the non-obvious choice of singles... work and Hair was absolutely no exception. The single mix amd video completely sold it as a single to me. Next is a should've been a single, Stereo Soldier. It seemed to foreshadow what the girls were going to attempt with their 2nd album very well. A good thing coz it's always been considered a fan fave I think. Finally, Weird People is another song that really should/could have been a single. The utter pop joy and overall 80's feel of it all just worked in it's favour so much. A video would've been so much fun and it POPPED OFF on tour!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 27 2019, 09:23 PM
Post #14
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Yesssss 'Red Planet' love wub.gif I had a full on obsession with that song when the album came out and it's held up really well over the years <3

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post May 5 2019, 05:37 AM
Post #15

I shall continue this v soon. Sorry been super busy with both my jobs.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post May 18 2019, 07:45 AM
Post #16
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

QUOTE(Jonjo @ May 5 2019, 06:37 AM) *
I shall continue this v soon. Sorry been super busy with both my jobs.

three weeks later

+Quote Post
Mack.
post May 20 2019, 05:18 PM
Post #17
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

A great start to this so far, Jonjo.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 18 2019, 12:24 AM
Post #18

21 - 30

21. Black Magic [Get Weird]
22. Shout Out To My Ex [Glory Days: The Platinum Edition]
23. Nothing Else Matters [Glory Days: The Platinum Edition]
24. Touch (Acoustic Version) [Glory Days: The Platinum Edition]
25. Move [Salute]
26. Only You (Cheat Codes x Little Mix) [LM5]
27. Think About Us [LM5]
28. Is Your Love Enough? [Glory Days: The Platinum Edition]
29. Woman Like Me (feat. Nicki Minaj) [LM5]
30. Your Love [Glory Days: The Platinum Edition]

~~~

Let's continue, shall we? laugh.gif

Just missing out on the top 20 at #21 is the song that quite literally, saved their career and prevented them from becoming one of the usual X Factor winners, by disappearing and fading to obscurity after the 2nd album. Black Magic is one of the most recognisable pop hits of the Decade. It's just ALL OUT pure pop fun and that is literally it. That is apparently all the GP wanted. Shout Out To My Ex is at #22! The girls biggest hit to date and another all out pop banger. Those two songs are also responsible for 2 of their absolute BEST performances from the BRITs. The anthemic Nothing Else Matters is at #23. It's such a huge song and they do these care free, anthemic, euphoric pop anthems really well! At #24 is the acoustic version to the masterpiece Touch. I just LOVE the complete change to the all out club banger that we're used to, with this. Their vocals are a SERVE and I get slayed by how delicate yet powerful they are in this. BEAUTIFUL. Move ends up as the song that is at our half-way point. I love this, but I always forget just HOW MUCH I love it until I play it. It's an infectious, dancefloor bop. It was such a risky choice of lead single and is their most daring single to date. I'm so happy it paid off for them!

At #26 is the single that bridged the gap between Glory Days: Platinum Collection & LM5, Only You. It's their first collaboration with dance producers and I actually feel like this is really underrated. It's such a cute bop and I find it infectious and catchy. Their performance of this song at their iTunes event breaks my heart. Jade! </3 Up next is the second single from LM5, Think About Us. Idc how "safe" and "predictable" this song is, it's a banger. I'm gutted that it's their lowest peaking single, but that's what happens when promo for it is all over the place! Ugh. Is Your Love Enough? follows next at #28. One of the songs recorded for the re-issue of Glory Days and it was heavily rumoured to be the 6th release from that era and I'm really gutted they didn't go through with it! It would've been huge. Woman Like Me is next at #29 and it's a bop. It was quite surreal seeing that they actually managed to bag a collaboration with a long-time fave of theirs, and I love it. It's also my favourite video of theirs to date. wub.gif Finally, we have the stunning and smooth, Summer vibing, 'Your Love'. I feel like this gets forgotten about a lot, but I love it. It's just so beautifully smooth and slick and it's SO GOOD to hear Leigh-Anne shine!

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Jun 26 2019, 03:38 PM
Post #19
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

Nice list so far smile.gif

I’m gonna have to listen to their albums in full and think of my own rate. I’ve been thinking in my head of my own

I’m quite unfamiliar with DNA and Salute as albums. I loved Towers from Salute though wub.gif

I’m feeling like the win might go to Secret Love Song by the opening post sleep.gif

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Jun 27 2019, 12:05 PM

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 1 2019, 04:28 PM
Post #20

As we head into the top 20 (and a new page kink.gif) here are some stats about what is to come in the countdown.

DNA: 3 Tracks (1 Single)
Salute: 5 (1 Single)
Get Weird: 5 (2 Singles)
Glory Days: 3 (3 Singles)
LM5: 4 (0 Singles)

Any predictions?? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:42 PM