BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
16 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My 1987 Charts, Pet Shop Boys, Jacko, Madonna, Mac, U2 & more this year...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
dandy*
post Aug 16 2019, 08:24 PM
Post #121
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

True Faith in the top 5. One of my favourite singles of all time, although I didn't know it before the 90s re-issue.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Aug 17 2019, 08:21 AM
Post #122
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dandy* @ Aug 16 2019, 09:24 PM) *
True Faith in the top 5. One of my favourite singles of all time, although I didn't know it before the 90s re-issue.

Snap! It topped my charts 2nd time round, but it had to deal with being off my radar for 2 weeks late August 87 while on hols in California and an invasion of US radio tracks and 2 hot new albums I had literally just bought: Actually and Bad. Luckily for True Faith and others I didn't allow album tracks in my charts back then or else One More Chance, Man In The Mirror and others would have pushed it even further down...

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Aug 18 2019, 08:02 AM
Post #123
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

True Faith is one of New Order's best, I even prefer it to Blue Monday, which I find a bit over-rated
and the video for True Faith was iconic

I also really liked the MJ single but if I remember well. it was poorly-received, I remember all my friends being let down

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Aug 18 2019, 11:17 AM
Post #124
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Bjork @ Aug 18 2019, 09:02 AM) *
True Faith is one of New Order's best, I even prefer it to Blue Monday, which I find a bit over-rated
and the video for True Faith was iconic

I also really liked the MJ single but if I remember well. it was poorly-received, I remember all my friends being let down

Totally agree, Blue Monday is very good but it's not in the same league as True Faith (though groundbreaking for it's time), or even Crystal. a much later track. Yes, that Jacko single got slagged off royally when it came out: "insipid" "sickly" and other uncomplimentary descriptives - it was an odd lead choice single, especially given the expectations following the biggest album of all-time and tracks like Billie Jean and Thriller, not to mention the complete lack of a video. I thought it was lush and heart-warming with a lovely melody, but Billie-Jean it ain't!

Bad should have the been statement of intent to kick off the campaign, then Man In The Mirror (with a video) as the best track - by the time the UK got round to it at Xmas there was lush ballad overload and several Huge singles from Huge names stiffed. Thank God for the Pet Shop Boys going against the trend! smile.gif

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Aug 18 2019, 11:22 AM
Post #125
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

The Spagna track is very cheesy but at the same time it has the instrumental instead of the chorus like many of todays dance-pop songs. That recent Jonas Blue and Theresa Rex song for example 'What I Like About You' was like the Spagna - call me of 2019, cheesy lyrics and the instrumental 'drop' after the verses.

I quite like 'Call Me' anyway.

Yes I also prefer True Faith to Blue Monday, although I recognize how important Blue Monday was to dance music.

Yeah I can understand why 'I Can't Stop Loving You' wasn't the best received, a bit too middle of the road and not exciting enough compared to the hits from his previous album. I think its quite a nice song though.

This post has been edited by TheSnake: Aug 18 2019, 11:40 AM

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Aug 19 2019, 07:12 AM
Post #126
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

agree, In perspective, the lead should have been Bad

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Aug 19 2019, 07:30 AM
Post #127
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(TheSnake @ Aug 18 2019, 12:22 PM) *
The Spagna track is very cheesy but at the same time it has the instrumental instead of the chorus like many of todays dance-pop songs. That recent Jonas Blue and Theresa Rex song for example 'What I Like About You' was like the Spagna - call me of 2019, cheesy lyrics and the instrumental 'drop' after the verses.

I quite like 'Call Me' anyway.

Yes I also prefer True Faith to Blue Monday, although I recognize how important Blue Monday was to dance music.

Yeah I can understand why 'I Can't Stop Loving You' wasn't the best received, a bit too middle of the road and not exciting enough compared to the hits from his previous album. I think its quite a nice song though.

Hi Snakey,

Call Me is cheesy fun, and I'd not noticed the hook construction, you're right the best bit is the instrumental bit - I can't recall where it peaked so that's going to be interesting.... biggrin.gif

I still love I Just Can't Stop Loving You but then I love MOR tracks and artists as well laugh.gif My utter lack of cool is what makes my music taste cool, I'll enjoy any type of music laugh.gif (Just not all examples of it kink.gif )

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Aug 19 2019, 09:16 AM
Post #128
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I remember I used to have a Spagna poster in my room as a kid, so must have been a bit of a fan back then
the song was everywhere
there were a few EU hits that crossed over to the UK around that time, Spagna, Sabrina, Voyage Voyage, Joe le Taxi smile.gif good times ohmy.gif

Jacko didn't put much effort in I Just Can't Stop. not even releasing a video... guess they knew it was gonna be a #1 everywhere no matter what and they put the minimum effort

This post has been edited by Bjork: Aug 19 2019, 10:05 AM

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Aug 19 2019, 03:01 PM
Post #129
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Bjork @ Aug 19 2019, 10:16 AM) *
I remember I used to have a Spagna poster in my room as a kid, so must have been a bit of a fan back then
the song was everywhere
there were a few EU hits that crossed over to the UK around that time, Spagna, Sabrina, Voyage Voyage, Joe le Taxi smile.gif good times ohmy.gif

Jacko didn't put much effort in I Just Can't Stop. not even releasing a video... guess they knew it was gonna be a #1 everywhere no matter what and they put the minimum effort

Yep you're right about Jacko and the video, and one of those 3 extra Eurohits will be topping my charts biggrin.gif hint: it's not Sabrina, I wasn't keen on that one but I love the other 2 heart.gif

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Aug 19 2019, 05:35 PM
Post #130
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Aug 19 2019, 08:30 AM) *
Hi Snakey,

Call Me is cheesy fun, and I'd not noticed the hook construction, you're right the best bit is the instrumental bit - I can't recall where it peaked so that's going to be interesting.... biggrin.gif

It's similar with Classix Nouveaux - Is It A Dream which we were discussing in the other thread

I remember I used to have a Spagna poster in my room as a kid
Yes she had quite a distinctive hairstyle apparently back then (but then it was the 80s).

it's not Sabrina, I wasn't keen on that one but I love the other 2

The Sabrina follow up All Of Me is a little bit cooler I think, sounds a little bit like a 90s eurodance song ahead of time.

This post has been edited by TheSnake: Aug 19 2019, 05:38 PM

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Aug 20 2019, 07:18 AM
Post #131
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

All of Me was a SAW single I think

regarding New Order, my fav song of theirs is Bizarre Love Triangle, which was a flop single for them sadly, never heard it when originally released and only knew it after being their Greatest Hits in 1994/95

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Aug 21 2019, 11:55 AM
Post #132
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Just catching up with your charts Pop!

Love reading through them. Human with a 6 place rise this week ��❤️

Also nice to see Danny Wilson entering your chart on its original release - it's a great track and only charted in the top 40 in April 1988 - it was recently played on totp with Simon Bates introducing it.

I assume you were in America then when they had the classic True Faith performance on totp in Aug 1987?

This post has been edited by Steve201: Aug 21 2019, 11:56 AM

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Aug 22 2019, 07:13 PM
Post #133
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Bjork @ Aug 20 2019, 08:18 AM) *
All of Me was a SAW single I think
regarding New Order, my fav song of theirs is Bizarre Love Triangle, which was a flop single for them sadly, never heard it when originally released and only knew it after being their Greatest Hits in 1994/95

I don't remember BLT very well - one I need to revisit (I've never bought their Greatest Hits ohmy.gif I tended to buy singles I liked and the odd album, and just not got round to it). I have Republic on CD (I could have sworn it was on vinyl but no there's nothing nestling between Moody Blues and OMD laugh.gif ), vinyl singles: Ceremony, Temptation, Fine Time, Round And Round, Regret, CD singles Nineteen63, Blue Monday (all versions), Crystal, and on compilations CD: Ceremony, True Faith 94, Ruined In A Day/Reunited In A Day, Regret, True Faith. So plenty of gaps in my collection there!

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Aug 22 2019, 07:21 PM
Post #134
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Steve201 @ Aug 21 2019, 12:55 PM) *
Just catching up with your charts Pop!

Love reading through them. Human with a 6 place rise this week ��❤️

Also nice to see Danny Wilson entering your chart on its original release - it's a great track and only charted in the top 40 in April 1988 - it was recently played on totp with Simon Bates introducing it.

I assume you were in America then when they had the classic True Faith performance on totp in Aug 1987?

Hi Steve! smile.gif

Human will eventually drop, the rules of gravity apply to my charts as well as the planet Earth laugh.gif

There were so many great 1987 tracks that had to wait until 1988 to become hits - I see it as due to being a great second half of year, and 1988 first half being weaker so giving them a second chance.

I think I must have seen that True Faith (I'd need to check my VHS collection to see if I recorded it, I pretty much obsessively videod everything I liked in the 80's) - but oops I got my dates wrong, I just checked and it was mid-sept that I went to california - I could have sworn it was 2 weeks earlier, but the memory fades as you get older! Apparently the decade you remember least is your late 20's/30's as you knock on a bit - not counting the childhood years when the brain hasnt developed properly. Certainly applies to me I think, except musically, when it's the last 2 I recall least!

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Aug 23 2019, 09:23 AM
Post #135
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

18th August 1987

It's 3 weeks on top for Dusty, Chris & Neil, holding off the forthcoming Jacko blitz at 2, with Was (Not Was) getting a second top ten and Rick Astley's debut up 40 places to 9 giving SAW 2 top 10's. XTC hit the top 10 then dropped out (it got little airplay to speak of) and it's back at 12, so I assume I heard it somewhere that week and realised it was still fab! Dionne & Jeffery's Bacharach "power" ballad shoots up to 17, the 2nd-biggest climber, Ms. Warwick's biggest in 2 years, and just ahead of faves from Prince & Sheena, and the Pretenders Bond theme inside the 20.

Biggest-climber is The Smiths' Girlfriend In A Coma at 22, as Bowie's 3rd track off the album enters at 23, the best track on the album actually, Never Let Me Down. In a hectic week for top 40 movement The Fat Boys & The Beach Boys are up 20, Black's top 10 Wonderful Life returns in the wake of Sweetest Smile's success, back in at 29, and another future 1988 smash (in slightly remixed form) enters at 33 for Climie Fisher, the fab original version of Love Changes Everything. Sam Fox goes top 40 against my expectations, The Kane Gang get another instant top 40 with What Time Is It - pretty sure I have the album Miracle on vinyl or cassette somewhere unplayed for 30 years, though I recall it was not bad at all.

Jesus & Mary Chain keep the top 40's going, as do Wet Wet Wet with a second sweet little mystery - the mystery being why it got that high. I must have been excited about going to the States in a few weeks and feeling upbeat and benign! In at 44 the ab fab Hey Matthew, with Karel Fialka returning 7 years on from The Eyes Have It, and drafting in his son to great effect. Still charming. John Lydon is also back, 9 years of PIL hits, a decade including The Sex Pistols, U2 have a subdued 3rd cut off The Joshua Tree - it is actually fab but coming after I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For it paled a bit in comparison until the Pet Shop Boys piss-take made me realise I did actually rather like it a lot, and the album too. Herb Alpert grabs a third comeback single, John Cougar makes it 5 years since Jack And Diane debuted, Sham '69 return for the last time after a gap of 7 years, 9 years on, and Huey Lewis is another 5-years-on returning act.

1 ( 1 ) WHAT HAVE I DONE (TO DESERVE THIS) Pet Shop Boys & Dusty Springfield
2 ( 3 ) I JUST CAN’T STOP LOVING YOU Michael Jackson featuring Siedah Garrett
3 ( 6 ) HEART AND SOUL T’Pau
4 ( 4 ) ANIMAL Def Leppard
5 ( 5 ) TRUE FAITH New Order
6 ( 10 ) BRIDGE TO YOUR HEART Wax
7 ( 2 ) I HEARD A RUMOUR Bananarama
8 ( 16 ) SPY IN THE HOUSE OF LOVE Was (Not Was)
9 ( 49 ) NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP Rick Astley
10 ( 7 ) ALONE Heart

11 ( 11 ) ROADBLOCK Stock Aitken & waterman
12 ( RE ) DEAR GOD XTC
13 ( 13 ) PAPA WAS A ROLLING STONE (REMIX) The Temptations
14 ( 8 ) WHO’S THAT GIRL Madonna
15 ( 9 ) ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE The Beatles
16 ( 20 ) THE MOTIVE Then Jericho
17 ( 59 ) LOVE POWER Dionne Warwick & Jeffrey Osbourne
18 ( 12 ) CHANGE David Grant
19 ( 30 ) U GOT THE LOOK Prince featuring Sheena Easton
20 ( 26 ) IF THERE WAS A MAN Pretenders For 007

21 ( 14 ) IT’S A SIN Pet Shop Boys
22 ( 69 ) GIRLFRIEND IN A COMA The Smiths
23 ( NEW ) NEVER LET ME DOWN David Bowie
24 ( 47 ) WIPEOUT The Fat Boys & The Beach Boys
25 ( 19 ) JIVE TALKING Boogie Box High
26 ( 18 ) SOLD Boy George
27 ( 17 ) WOT’S IT TO YA Robbie Nevil
28 ( 22 ) I STILL HAVEN’T FOUND WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR U2
29 ( NEW ) WONDERFUL LIFE Black
30 ( 35 ) SOMEWHERE OUT THERE Linda Ronstadt & James Ingram

31 ( 23 ) HIGHER AND HIGHER (YOUR LOVE KEEPS LIFTING ME) Jackie Wilson
32 ( 15 ) MY BOY LOLLIPOP Millie
33 ( NEW ) LOVE CHANGES EVERYTHING Climie Fisher
34 ( 40 ) SAY YOU REALLY WANT ME Kim Wilde
35 ( 39 ) CRAZY Icehouse
36 ( 46 ) I SURRENDER (TO THE SPIRIT OF THE NIGHT) Samantha Fox
37 ( 21 ) UNITED STATES The Lift
38 ( NEW ) WHAT TIME IS IT The Kane Gang
39 ( 57 ) HAPPY WHEN IT RAINS Jesus & Mary Chain
40 ( 50 ) SWEET LITTLE MYSTERY Wet Wet Wet

41 ( 29 ) SWEETEST SMILE Black
42 ( 42 ) FUNKYTOWN Pseudo Echo
43 ( 36 ) MARY’S PRAYER Danny Wilson
44 ( NEW ) HEY MATTHEW Karel Fialka
45 ( 24 ) FIRST WE TAKE MANHATTAN Jennifer Warnes
46 ( 38 ) MISFIT Curiosity Killed The Cat
47 ( 37 ) TIME WILL CRAWL David Bowie
48 ( 43 ) IT’S NOT UNUSUAL Tom Jones
49 ( 25 ) LA BAMBA Los Lobos
50 ( 72 ) HOURGLASS Squeeze

51 ( 53 ) LIPS LIKE SUGAR Echo & The Bunnymen
52 ( 41 ) DIAMONDS Herb Alpert featuring Janet Jackson
53 ( 31 ) LOVELY DAY Bill Withers
54 ( NEW ) SEATTLE Public Image Ltd
55 ( 27 ) CHENKO (TENKO-IO) REMIX Red Box
56 ( 44 ) SEVEN WONDERS Fleetwood Mac
57 ( NEW ) JUST CALL Sherrick
58 ( 56 ) GET IT ON (’87 REMIX) T.Rex
59 ( 28 ) CALL ME Spagna
60 ( NEW ) TELL ME WHY This Way Up

61 ( 61 ) HUMAN Human League
62 ( NEW ) WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME U2
63 ( 32 ) LABOUR OF LOVE Hue And Cry
64 ( 62 ) A DIFFERENT CORNER George Michael
65 ( 65 ) I GET THE SWEETEST FEELING Jackie Wilson
66 ( 66 ) SHE’S ON IT The Beastie Boys
67 ( 71 ) THE PLEASURE PRINCIPLE Janet Jackson
68 ( 68 ) SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL The Blow Monkeys
69 ( 52 ) PERSONAL TOUCH Errol Brown
70 ( 34 ) ALWAYS Atlantic Starr

71 ( NEW ) MAKING LOVE IN THE RAIN Herb Alpert
72 ( NEW ) PAPER IN FIRE John Cougar Mellencamp
73 ( 70 ) PENNY LANE/STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER The Beatles
74 ( NEW ) RIP AND TEAR Sham ’69
75 ( NEW ) DOING IT ALL FOR MY BABY Huey Lewis & The News

Playlist oldies of the week
1 LOVE IS ALL THAT MATTERS Human League
2 HARD TIMES Human League
3 IT MUST BE LOVE Labi Siffre
4 THE DIARY Bread

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Aug 30 2019, 07:15 PM
Post #136
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

25th August 1987

It's a 4th week on top for Chris, Neil & Dusty, holding off a mighty 12" remix challenge of the lead track off the first EP I ever bought, and also the first album I ever bought, both in 1970 - The Archies' Sugar Sugar thus getting a 3rd run at my chart 18 years on. As a kid I loved the songs in the cartoon TV show. I haven't seen Riverdale but I just know it's going to be an improvement on the non-song Archie gang cartoon bits of The Archies Show which these days are excruciating to sit through!

Pretenders get yet another top 10, 9 years since Kid it did first, and outdo the lead Bond theme from a-ha! Prince gets yet another top 10 4 years since 1999 first did it, and Sheena gets her first top 10 since Machinery did it 5 years earlier. Sheena also did a Bond theme that fell short of the top 10. Another 1969 UK top 10 hit returns, it's Elvis and If I Can Dream, at his most OTT doubled with Elvis at his most subtle, the 50's classic Love Me Tender, in at 18 18 years since If I Can Dream hit my top 5. Big climbs for Karel Fialka, John Cougar Mellencamp, and Donny Osmond is back! In at 39, he's in it for love 11 years since C'Mon Marianne, his Frankie Valli cover, troubled my charts, and 15 years since Puppy Love debuted.

LL Cool J goes straight into the 40 as well, I Need Love he says - well a few years in NCIS must help. Debbie Gibson debuts, spearheading a teenybop girlie pop singer craze riding in on Madonna's inspirational coat-tails, at 43 Only In My Dreams. Co-incidentally I saw Madonna in concert for the first time this week, standing at Wembley amongst the noisy and badly-behaved throng. My abiding memory is of tiny Madonna-a-likes on their dad's shoulders getting bombarded with bottles of piss by pissed hooligans who had their view of the stage blocked. Madonna was fab, but they spoilt the concert for me. Future Madonna gigs I got seats. Top tracks listed below...

Talking of comebacks, Shirl is also back! Last seen in 1973 with Never Never Never, and now back cooled-up diva-style with Yello after years of being hopelessly irrelevant to pop music. La Bassey was a big fave of dad's back in the 60's, and while I loved Goldfinger and Big Spender, and ballads like For All We Know and As Long As He Needs Me, she'd really not featured much in my charts at all, largely being a bit OTT for my tastes. Talking of comebacks, Slade are also back for a final fling 16 years in to a non-stop chart-career, and Cliff drops the best track on his rather decent current album, Some People. Bar one Xmas single (very much not the awful Mistletoe & Millennium) it was all downhill after this. Still, 18 years of chart action ain't bad.

Sinitta is back. Toy Boy. Why is it in my chart?! Eric Clapton under-performed first time-round with his bedroom tribute to his muse (that'll be George Harrison's ex, already immortalised in Layla) Wonderful Tonight, so that's having another go too. The best new track is at 75, though, the fab follow-up to the fab When Smokey Sings off the fab Alphabet City album, The Night You Murdered Love from ABC 6 years on and still cool. Still are cool 32 years later and Martin Fry is in fine voice fettle.

1 ( 1 ) WHAT HAVE I DONE (TO DESERVE THIS) Pet Shop Boys & Dusty Springfield
2 ( NEW ) SUGAR SUGAR (CANDYFLOSS MIX)/(ORIGINAL VERSION) The Archies
3 ( 2 ) I JUST CAN’T STOP LOVING YOU Michael Jackson featuring Siedah Garrett
4 ( 6 ) BRIDGE TO YOUR HEART Wax
5 ( 9 ) NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP Rick Astley
6 ( 3 ) HEART AND SOUL T’Pau
7 ( 5 ) TRUE FAITH New Order
8 ( 7 ) I HEARD A RUMOUR Bananarama
9 ( 20 ) IF THERE WAS A MAN Pretenders For 007
10 ( 19 ) U GOT THE LOOK Prince featuring Sheena Easton

11 ( 4 ) ANIMAL Def Leppard
12 ( 10 ) ALONE Heart
13 ( 17 ) LOVE POWER Dionne Warwick & Jeffrey Osbourne
14 ( 8 ) SPY IN THE HOUSE OF LOVE Was (Not Was)
15 ( 11 ) ROADBLOCK Stock Aitken & waterman
16 ( 16 ) THE MOTIVE Then Jericho
17 ( 23 ) NEVER LET ME DOWN David Bowie
18 ( NEW ) IF I CAN DREAM/ LOVE ME TENDER Elvis Presley
19 ( 24 ) WIPEOUT The Fat Boys & The Beach Boys
20 ( 14 ) WHO’S THAT GIRL Madonna

21 ( 13 ) PAPA WAS A ROLLING STONE (REMIX) The Temptations
22 ( 22 ) GIRLFRIEND IN A COMA The Smiths
23 ( 33 ) LOVE CHANGES EVERYTHING Climie Fisher
24 ( 29 ) WONDERFUL LIFE Black
25 ( 15 ) ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE The Beatles
26 ( 12 ) DEAR GOD XTC
27 ( 44 ) HEY MATTHEW Karel Fialka
28 ( 38 ) WHAT TIME IS IT The Kane Gang
29 ( 21 ) IT’S A SIN Pet Shop Boys
30 ( 39 ) HAPPY WHEN IT RAINS Jesus & Mary Chain

31 ( 18 ) CHANGE David Grant
32 ( 34 ) SAY YOU REALLY WANT ME Kim Wilde
33 ( 35 ) CRAZY Icehouse
34 ( 28 ) I STILL HAVEN’T FOUND WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR U2
35 ( 72 ) PAPER IN FIRE John Cougar Mellencamp
36 ( 25 ) JIVE TALKING Boogie Box High
37 ( 31 ) HIGHER AND HIGHER (YOUR LOVE KEEPS LIFTING ME) Jackie Wilson
38 ( 40 ) SWEET LITTLE MYSTERY Wet Wet Wet
39 ( NEW ) I’M IN IT FOR LOVE Donny Osmond
40 ( NEW ) I NEED LOVE LL Cool J

41 ( 26 ) SOLD Boy George
42 ( 42 ) FUNKYTOWN Pseudo Echo
43 ( NEW ) ONLY IN MY DREAMS Debbie Gibson
44 ( 50 ) HOURGLASS Squeeze
45 ( NEW ) THE RHYTHM DIVINE Yello featuring Shirley Bassey
46 ( 62 ) WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME U2
47 ( 30 ) SOMEWHERE OUT THERE Linda Ronstadt & James Ingram
48 ( 43 ) MARY’S PRAYER Danny Wilson
49 ( 57 ) JUST CALL Sherrick
50 ( 27 ) WOT’S IT TO YA Robbie Nevil

51 ( 48 ) IT’S NOT UNUSUAL Tom Jones
52 ( 54 ) SEATTLE Public Image Ltd
53 ( 32 ) MY BOY LOLLIPOP Millie
54 ( 41 ) SWEETEST SMILE Black
55 ( NEW ) YOY BOYZ MAKE BIG NOIZE Slade
56 ( 63 ) LABOUR OF LOVE Hue And Cry
57 ( 36 ) I SURRENDER (TO THE SPIRIT OF THE NIGHT) Samantha Fox
58 ( 60 ) TELL ME WHY This Way Up
59 ( 59 ) CALL ME Spagna
60 ( 37 ) UNITED STATES The Lift

61 ( 61 ) HUMAN Human League
62 ( 58 ) GET IT ON (’87 REMIX) T.Rex
63 ( 52 ) DIAMONDS Herb Alpert featuring Janet Jackson
64 ( 64 ) A DIFFERENT CORNER George Michael
65 ( 46 ) MISFIT Curiosity Killed The Cat
66 ( 65 ) I GET THE SWEETEST FEELING Jackie Wilson
67 ( 47 ) TIME WILL CRAWL David Bowie
68 ( 75 ) DOING IT ALL FOR MY BABY Huey Lewis & The News
69 ( 67 ) THE PLEASURE PRINCIPLE Janet Jackson
70 ( NEW ) SOME PEOPLE Cliff Richard

71 ( 49 ) LA BAMBA Los Lobos
72 ( NEW ) TOY BOY Sinitta
73 ( 73 ) PENNY LANE/STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER The Beatles
74 ( NEW ) WONDERFUL TONIGHT Eric Clapton
75 ( NEW ) THE NIGHT YOU MURDERED LOVE ABC

MADONNA’S WHO’S THAT GIRL TOUR LIVE AT WEMBLEY
1 LIKE A VIRGIN/I CAN’T HELP MYSELF
2 LIVE TO TELL
3 HOLIDAY

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Sep 2 2019, 07:23 AM
Post #137
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

was a big Debbie Gibson fan back in the day, one of the first albums I ever bought as a kid was Out of the Blue.

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Sep 4 2019, 07:16 AM
Post #138
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I'm at this cafe right now and they're playing some sorta 1987 mixtape or something... Sinitta - Toy Boy, Bananarama - I heard a rumour, Heart - Alone... and now I've had The Time of my life biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Sep 5 2019, 08:08 AM
Post #139
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I always had time for Debbie Gibson, very young and wrote her own songs - which is more than the vast majority of pop stars of any age do these days - including becoming the youngest self-written, self-produced US chart-topper with Foolish Beat. OK it was a bit Careless Whisper, but even so that's impressive!

So when you say you've had the time of your life - presumably the song, and not the cafe? If it's the cafe you must let us know where it is as I've only ever had a mildly pleasant time of my life in cafes laugh.gif Good choice of music though, it's probably one of those year by year compilation series as it can't be coincidence they just play 1987...

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Sep 5 2019, 01:18 PM
Post #140
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

hahaha no no it was the Dirty Dancing song
it was an unexpe3cted music selection cos most cafes here in Denmark are very hipster and basically only play Bon Iver on a loop

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:20 PM