BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Una Healy - The Waiting Game, Debut Album Available for Pre-Order Now!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
SGrey
post Jan 1 2016, 10:15 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-sh...release-7102237

Una Foden reveals plans to release solo album in 2016 - 'It's very personal to me and I wrote it from the heart'
13:02, 1 JAN 2016
BY MAEVE QUIGLEY
The Tipperary beauty has been in The Saturdays for eight years and will branch out on her own this year

SHARES

COMMENTS

Enter your e-mail for our daily newsletter
Subscribe
GettyThe stunning mum has a new project for the next year
The Saturdays singer Una Foden has revealed she will release her first solo record this year.

The stunning star, 34, from Co Tipperary, has been working behind the scenes on her own material and is ready to take
the plunge.

She revealed: “I have been writing it for the last two years and putting it all together.

“I have been working very hard at the album and in 2016 I hope to release it.

“It’s a scary prospect but at the same time it’s really exciting – I have written everything from scratch.”

Mum-of-two Una said she has poured her heart into the songs which mean a lot to her.

VIEW GALLERY
She added: “Every song in the album is very personal to me and I wrote from the heart so I can’t wait to share it with everyone. I really enjoyed it and I loved making it so if people enjoy listening to it as much, then I’ll be very happy.

Read More: Una Foden and husband Ben dress to the nines for rare red carpet appearance

“It’s a singer/songwriter album – it’s me and my guitar. I’ve been in The Saturdays for eight years so there are elements of pop in it too and a little bit of country as well.”

Una collaborated with other writers to bring her songs to fruition and got help on some tracks from Amy Wadge who wrote Thinking Out Loud with Ed Sheeran.

And The Voice Of Ireland coach said she might sing one of the tracks on the live shows.

She added: “I would love to do that and there is a possibility if the timing is right.”

But Una’s new record doesn’t mean it’s the end for The Saturdays.

PAUna Foden, Vanessa White, Mollie King, Frankie Bridge and Rochelle Humes, of the Saturdays, attend the Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women of the Year Awards at One Mayfair in LondonThe Saturdays, Una Foden, Vanessa White, Mollie King, Frankie Bridge and Rochelle Humes
She revealed: “We are doing our own thing and allowing ourselves that time to explore different things.

“We have been together for quite a while so we can afford to take the time out now. We’ll come back together when we feel the time is right.”

Una will be back on The Voice Of Ireland this Sunday at 6.30pm on RTE One when she hopes to find another winner to follow in the footsteps of Patrick Donoghue who has launched his pop career under the name Patrick James.

Una said: “I was very lucky to have talent like Patrick on my team and I worked so well with him – we get on so well.

“I want to make that connection again, I want to look after my team and make them the best they can be.

“I have a really strong team this year again and I have high hopes for them.”

Read More: Watch Una Foden's Popstars audition as singer tried to chase her dream

Una is still working with Patrick and hopes 2016 will be the year his career takes off.

She added: “He’s in London in the studio recording a track we wrote and he is putting the vocals down.

“We met up in the studio for two days and wrote it together – it’s a great track.”

But Una warned those lucky enough to be on The Voice Of Ireland this year the show doesn’t mean automatic success.

She said: “The music industry in general isn’t an easy one to break no matter how talented you are.”

Una also uploaded a video of Aoife dancing (to a song that has been prepped, just no sound unfortunately), so we know there is definitely some Una music on the way! I find it amusing shes been writing for the last two years though, probably when the band were still a thing! kink.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post Jan 1 2016, 10:32 PM
Post #2
Group icon
tempted by kings with the finest of things
User: 21,231
OMG! cheer.gif cheer.gif Come on Una! Let's just hope her music fairs a little better than flopnessa kink.gif (I kid) so that makes 3 of the 5 working on solo stuff to look forward to !!!!!!

Although I swear Una is the only one who shares our pipe dream that The Sats will be back laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Jimmy Jam: Jan 1 2016, 10:33 PM

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post Jan 2 2016, 04:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512
This is very exciting! I wonder if she'll try to promote in the UK as well or just in Ireland. The Voice is a decent platform for her there so I can see her charting pretty easily. I liked what she had to say about the Sats as it made sense. I really do believe they'll come back together at some point, just not as soon as we initially thought.

+Quote this post
DoggySwami
post Jan 3 2016, 03:05 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,950
I really hope she will use the new series of The Voice of Ireland (which premieres tonight, by the way) as a platform to promote her music.

2016 could be very exciting if we get releases from Vanessa, Una and Mollie.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post Jan 3 2016, 04:45 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
It will be very exciting, especially with Mollie having a deal and Una having a platform to promote on. I hope Vanessa has some big plans for 2016 that we don't know about.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Jan 3 2016, 05:25 PM
Post #6
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Una to release a rap album.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post Jan 3 2016, 05:35 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(Cameron @ Jan 3 2016, 05:25 PM) *

Lord knows she can speak fast enough.

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post Jan 3 2016, 07:25 PM
Post #8
Group icon
QUOTE(Cameron @ Jan 3 2016, 05:25 PM) *

rotf.gif yes! more sick rhymes about Larry King please

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post Jan 3 2016, 08:44 PM
Post #9
Group icon
get me started, hot like fire
User: 17,262
We can probably get one or two bops, the most pop-ish one.

But the propect of an album of just her guitar kinda scares me... unsure.gif Will there be no other instruments at all? I mean, bless her, I know she can play guitar and all, but it's not like she was THAT good either, I can't believe she would rely on just that. It's just gonna sound all so samey... unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post Jan 3 2016, 09:37 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I agree, that is a worry for me as well. That EP she has on iTunes is just her and her guitar, and it is all a bit amateur samey unsure.gif

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post Jan 3 2016, 09:42 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
I'm sure she wouldn't do that laugh.gif Then again, you never know.. I'm praying for an Alias collabo.

+Quote this post
calxyum
post Jan 4 2016, 10:59 AM
Post #12
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,799
a little teaser of what we can expect from her debut: https://www.instagram.com/p/_uGTgBGNRY/

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post Jan 4 2016, 04:23 PM
Post #13
Group icon
rotf.gif from me oo-ooh. I love it laugh.gif

+Quote this post
DoggySwami
post Jan 4 2016, 10:17 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,950
God, I love her so much.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post Jan 5 2016, 12:46 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
HERE FOR IT

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Jan 5 2016, 08:51 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
Una remember you wrote Get Ready Get Set (I think) and Move on U (with Mollie). I need more of that and none of this "I had a puppy, then it died, I had to cried to make it rhyme" shit.

+Quote this post
P@ul
post Jan 6 2016, 07:18 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,742
QUOTE(Hurricane @ Jan 3 2016, 08:44 PM) *
We can probably get one or two bops, the most pop-ish one.

But the propect of an album of just her guitar kinda scares me... unsure.gif Will there be no other instruments at all? I mean, bless her, I know she can play guitar and all, but it's not like she was THAT good either, I can't believe she would rely on just that. It's just gonna sound all so samey... unsure.gif

I'm sure there'll be some good production to the songs too( Hopefully better than Vanessa's anyway)

+Quote this post
JSG
post Jan 6 2016, 07:44 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
I'm here from Frankie's album pls.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Jan 9 2016, 05:19 PM
Post #19
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
She's working with Tich again.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jan 9 2016, 05:27 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
Yasss!! And Ben from The Shires too!! heart.gif Dream team!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAScerlCwsS/

+Quote this post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:39 AM