BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Returning Contestants 2021, Song Choice Dilemmas and Pitfalls
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Colm
post 13th May 2020, 11:52 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
User: 9,885

I've been thinking a lot about this recently. There's risks in sticking to the same song type as they entered with this year. There's also risks involved with straying too far from the style of this year's entries too.

On one hand - they can't just re-hash their 2020 song. On the other - if they change genres it could be awful. It's tricky.

What do others think?

This post has been edited by Colm: 13th May 2020, 11:54 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 13th May 2020, 12:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

This is really interesting to think about and will add a different element to next year for the fans that hasn't really been seen before, with so many 'returning' artists.

Looking at who has been confirmed for next year, I imagine those that have been very well received by fans (Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Switzerland) will stick as close as possible to their 2020 songs. On the other end of the scale, I think Hooverphonic will listen to the feedback and go for something totally different (and for me that could be one of the positives of the cancellation, because I was really excited for them before the entry was released and it was a huge disappointment)

I think Go_A have said that they will come up with about five different songs to choose between? I hope more of the returning acts give a few options, I imagine Roxen and Eden at least will have song selections again. It's a good idea since then they can present a few different song types and removes the risk of the fans not responding well.

+Quote this post
Colm
post 13th May 2020, 01:19 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
User: 9,885

Of course, "the fans" will not all be of one mind.

If someone re-hashes their 2020 song some fans will love it and some will deride it as a re-hash. Look at Tampta's Replay - it got support from many but also got dismissed by others as basically Fuego with different words.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 05:12 PM