BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aaron's Top 100 Reality TV Stars of 2014, Top 10 Coming!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post Dec 19 2014, 10:03 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

I'm Baaaaaaaacccckkkk!!

It's time for my (2nd) annual Top 100 Reality TV Stars, celebrating 2014!
Anyone looking to read up - here's where you can find 2013's Topic.

Here's the list of what I watched in 2014!

Amazing Race Canada
America's Next Top Model 21
Big Brother Australia
Big Brother Canada
Big Brother USA
Big Brother UK
Celebrity Big Brother 13
Celebrity Big Brother 14
Hell's Kitchayn 12 (but not 13)
Masterchef Canada
Masterchef USA
My Kitchayn Rules Australia
My Kitchayn Rules New Zealand
Opposite Worlds
Project Runway
Project Runway Allstars (Season 3 - Season 4 doesn't finish in 2014)
Ru Paul's Drag Race
Survivor 28
Survivor 29
The Apprentice UK
The Amazing Race: Allstars
The Amazing Race: 25
The Block: Glasshouse
The Block: Fans vs Favorites
Top Chef (Not the current season, the one that ended early 2014)
Top Chef Canada

Dear lord - a life is needed.
Who will win this year and join Gina Rio in supreme victory!

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Jan 19 2015, 12:52 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Dec 19 2014, 10:05 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Just a reminder on how I came to judge these Reality Stars.
After every show; I simply rank the remaining contestants left in any given Reality TV Show:

Here is an example from an earlier reality show.
Each Individual (or team in this instance) is rewarded points. The points vary - I usually start off with 0, 1, 2... than work my way up. Third will get 2 points compared to who was in 4th, Second will get 2 more points than 2nd, and First will get 3 more points than 2nd. The maximum amount of points one person can get is 15.

Anyone eliminated is knocked out, while the others keep completing for points.
The result from each individual show, once complete, is put into a Master File to calculate the Top Reality TV Stars from each year.

Pros: It's f***ing easy. I have a generic template and just use a script to pull who got how many points.
Cons: It's not foolproof. Think about Amazing Race, maybe has 11-12 episodes; so upwards of 11-12 opportunities to earn points. On the other hand you have Big Brother Australia which this year had almost I believe 60 Daily Shows. So more opportunities for those people to earn points.

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Dec 19 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #3
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

ohmy.gif

Time to pay attention again even though I've only seen bits of a fifth to a quarter of the shows.

Come on Zach attack!!! And Ika heart.gif

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Dec 19 2014, 10:14 PM
Post #4
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Looking forward to this, loved the countdown last year! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Dec 19 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Forgot to list The Apprentice - actually waiting for this to finish so I can finalize everything!

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Dec 22 2014, 01:02 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

THE WINNERS - ELIMINATED (Part 1)

Probably not shockingly, not all the winners make it into the Top 100. Here's where we celebrate the winners who have failed to make an impact!

238| Keith Carlos - America's Next Top Model 21
235| Mickey & Pete - The Amazing Race Canada 2
232| Amy & Maya - The Amazing Race 25
221| Neena & Belinda - My iamspamspamamiRules New Zealand
186| Mark Wright - The Apprentice UK
173| Seth Aaron Henderson - Project Runway Allstars 3
169| Rene Rodriguez - Top Chef Canada 4

Coming in hot in 238th place is the first Male Winner of America's Next Top Model, Keith Carlos! Not only was he a male, but he is black! Two things Tyrunt can tick of her box now! You know you have a horrible winner when you can build a plausible case for about 6 other people to win that Keith beat out. NEXT! Mickey and Pete won The Amazing Race Canada's second season. Two seasons in a row with terrible winners. These guys actually seem like fun stoners who would be cool to chill with, but that's about it. Amy and Maya just won The Amazing Race 25 this last weekend! Let's remember their placements throughout The Amazing Race - 6th, 8th, 5th, 4th, 7th, 6th, 4th, 4th, 2nd, 4th and than eventually won. They never won a leg... and were actually saved in the last leg because, well the producers just felt like having 4 teams in the final. RIGGED! Neena and Belinda from My iamspamspamamiRules New Zealand won't get much of a write up, they were mothers who cooked with healing ingredients. Boring. Mark Wright is the latest winner, only just winning The Apprentice UK Tonight. Deserving win, but he was very bland and boring throughout the season. Seth Aaron Henderson - Project Runway's first double winner! (Perhaps, I know PR has had a million spinoffs). He's smug, don't much care for him. NEXT. Oh, we have the winner of Top Chef Canada - Rene Rodriguez, the only thing I remember is that at least he beat out the person I absolutely HATED. So.. Eh?

6 more winners will be eliminated tomorrow, than it's on to the Top 100!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 22 2014, 01:05 AM
Post #7
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Prisus Chrisr our lord and saviour to slay.

Also Ashleigh Coyle and Bianca Del Rio!

+Quote Post
p a v
post Dec 22 2014, 06:40 AM
Post #8
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

Thank you MUCHLY for revealing who won the last season of apprentice UK minutes after the winner was crowned and minutes before I was able to watch the last episode myself. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

outside of mainstream shit like X-Factor surely the common courtesy is to wait at least a day before spoiling shit outside of threads that are created for discussing those shows. not everyone is able to watch shows the moment they aired on TV abroad :/ extremely annoying and rude. please from now on if you decide to discuss a VERY recent (i.e. happened within the last 24 hours) TV show elimination/finale outside of the show's thread, do it with spoiler tags.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Dec 22 2014, 12:16 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Sorry Bae.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Dec 23 2014, 01:02 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

THE WINNERS - ELIMINATED (Part 2)

Probably not shockingly, not all the winners make it into the Top 100. Here's where we celebrate the winners who have failed to make an impact!

149| Dave & Connor - Amazing Race Allstars 2
140| Courtney Lapresi - Masterchef USA 5
135| Scott Commings - Hells iamspamspamami12
130| Bianca Del Rio - Ru Paul's Drag Race 6
127| Natalie Anderson - Survivor 29
108| Nicholas Elmi - Top Chef 11

Here are our last remaining Reality TV Winners who DID NOT make it into the Top 100! Coming in hot (well, one of them) at #149 was Dave & Connor from Amazing Race All-Stars. Say what you want but they really did dominate this season, they were smart in their road blocks and really gave it their all. Deserving, yet, boring winners. Speaking of Dominatrix, we have Courtney Lapresi from Masterchef USA coming in just ahead at #140 - Again, Courtney showed a consistent performance on her season and was a deserving winner! Scott Commings was, sadly, the only real eye candy on this season of Hell's iamspamspamami I'm sure he was like 5'7" or some shit, but he had a decent mug. He didn't dominate at all, however and was somewhat of a questionable choice as Winner. *HRNK* Bianca Del Rio is out, sadly. Do I think she deserves to make it into the Top 100? Absolutely, she misses out in a flaw within my own logic/reporting - she simply wasn't really given the opportunity to place higher because we don't see as much of her as we do like Big Brother contestants. Season 6 of Ru Paul's Drag Race was PURRRR. I loved the Top 3 and even laugh at the SHADE Courteny Act was given at the Final. Had the way I evaluate Reality Show Contestants been different, no doubt Bianca would be in the Top 100. Another questionable exit is the Winner of Survivor 29, Natalie Anderson. This one's a little easier for me to swallow, Natalie was a little bit more Under The Radar from Episodes 3 - 8, other people were playing the game much harder and either got recognized or kicked out. The one thing I won't take away from Natalie however was - HER WIN! She's a very deserving winner, especially in the Post-Jury stage of the game, I was rooting for her - #TeamTwinning! Our last failed winner is Nicholas Elmi from Top Chef. Didn't deserve it. He was boring. That is all. TOP 100 IS COMING UP NEXT!

+Quote Post
jakee
post Dec 23 2014, 01:26 AM
Post #11
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Member No.: 47

drama.gif bianca so low? REALLY QUEEN?!

(fyi that is the first time i have EVER used the drama emoticon, but for good reason!)

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Dec 23 2014, 01:38 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I agree! It's really a flaw in how I track shows. You're on Big Brother. You get points every episode, if you're in the UK you get 59289285925 points because there's a f***ing episode everyday. Ru Paul's Drag Race? 13 Episodes, probably aren't going to make the Top 100.

Trialing something new for next year that may fix this - but at least we get to at least acknowledge Bianca's awesomeness almost a year later.

+Quote Post
jakee
post Dec 23 2014, 01:46 AM
Post #13
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Member No.: 47

yes a points system based on appearances doesn't strike me as the best means to showing who your favourite people of the year were...more just the ones you saw the most!

surely dividing points by number of episodes in a season will give you a fairer average?

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Dec 23 2014, 02:09 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

That's actually what I am thinking of trailing, I did try it on this batch too and the result was different, but the margins were so close it didn't really differentiate the top say, 20 from the other 80 for example.. too tight for my liking.. didn't really highlight the memorable people all that well. Trial and Error. Will see what else I can come up with too.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Dec 23 2014, 02:51 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

THE TOP 100!

100| Donny Thompson - Big Brother US 16
099| Jesse Wilson - Opposite Worlds 1
098| Sarah Todd - Masterchef Australia 6
097| Jeffry Calle - Opposite Worlds 1
096| Sarah Miller - Big Brother Canada 2
095| Linda Nolan - Celebrity Big Brother 13

IT"S TIME. The Top 100 has arrived! Dropping in #100 is Donny Thompson from Big Brother USA. What can be said about Donny? He's a simpleton. I believed he was genuine! But the housemates never really did. I'm not really sure what I saw in Donny. At the beginning of the season, it looked like if he got to the end, he may win. He won a few vetos, but about Mid-Season Donny really fell under the radar. From there he never really recuperated and was knocked out mid season for being a Jury Threat and not really having a solid alliance. Nice fellow, but not All-Star worthy in my book. I'll eliminate both Jesse Wilson and Jeffry Calle at the same time and explain the PHENOMENON THAT WAS OPPOSITE WORLDS! It's a show that combined Survivor and Big Brother all in one, except not. In this Reality Show there were two worlds - The Future and The Past. In The Future you live in, well, the present and have modern day technology and food. In The Past you basically eat like cavemen and sleep in the dirt. You play in teams, you win a task, you live in the future. You lose - you're in the past. Jesse was the seasons Bad Boy - a little smug and arrogant, but nice to look at. He was snarky, bitchy and got into fights - Great to watch! Jeffry was the season's Bitchy Gay who got on everyone's nerves - He was constantly at the bottom of the Viewer Votes (oh, right, this was a thing too) and he cried alot. This show was epic, amazing and expertly cast. And we only ever got one season. SHAME. #98 is Sarah Todd from Masterchef Australia. Her edit was to be the Season Winner, but probably screwed out towards the end like all the top contenders do - However, Sarah, although starting out strong REAAAALLLLYYY sucked. Sarah lasted until Week 6 when she was eliminated. Sarah however came BACK into the Competition in Week 8 and lasted an AMAZING two more weeks. She was infurating to watch, her mistakes were stupid and she had such potential and just failed miserably. Sarah Miller was on this season of Big Brother Canada. She was the Fag Hag to the season trophy gay, Kenny. At one point, it looked like Sarah had the game in the bag. She effectively was playing both sides of the house - until Jon and Neda really started playing the game (realizing they were on the outer of the Sarah/Kenny & Co. Alliance). In one week, Sarah went from serious contender to exposing her alliance and getting double evicted with her honey, Kenny. Linda Nolan was also a thing. She wasn't all that boring, but she wasn't all that great either. Her arguments with Jim was all that she had going really. Not much more to say on her!

Kenny: So, I'm Gay.
Sarah; *stunned* Oh my god.
Kenny: *nods yes*

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Dec 23 2014, 03:19 AM

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Dec 23 2014, 01:13 PM
Post #16

Donny was great, one of the best houseguests this season of BB USA for me! Sarah...kinda blew it for herself by exposing where her true loyalties lie lol. Otherwise she could've gone quite far.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 23 2014, 02:42 PM
Post #17
Brown cow, stunning!

Linda Nolan was possibly the worst CBB housemate of that season aside Evander, which says a lot when there was Lionel, Lee etc. there as well laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Dec 24 2014, 12:25 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Evander was just a non-entity other than some racist, or homophobic comment he made? Can't remember?

094| Paul & Blair - My Kitchayn Rules Australia 5
093| Natalie & Meaghan - Amazing Race Canada 2
092| Laura Cassai - Masterchef Australia 6
091| Leslie Gilliams - Masterchef US 5
090| Audley Harrison - Celebrity Big Brother 14

Another 5 bite the dust. Won't spend much time talking about a few of them since you probably all don't watch the shows they came from. Paul and Blair were on My Kitchayn Rules Australia, such a solid program - WATCH IT! They came 4th overall, but performed very consistently all season - rootable team! Natalie and Meaghan were from Amazing Race Canada's Second Season, and I'm guessing probably the only team in my Top 100. They dominated, finishing 1st 7/12 legs, but were robbed of the win by undeserving winners. You may also know them from Canada's Golden Metal Match in the last Olympics! Laura Cassai was the Runner Up on this years Masterchef Australia. She cooked Greek well, that's all you need to know. Leslie Gilliams finished 3rd this season on Masterchef US. He was an old grump who was very self entitled and pretty much disagreed or yelled at everyone. A heart warming moment was when he made up with Ahran (the 18 year old) - she was my favorite! So that made me Aweee. Finally, Audley Harrison was on Celebrity Big Brother this past summer. How he made it into my Top 100, I have no idea. I don't remember a single thing about him other than arguing with James and sticking up for Gary. Also he was friends with Edele I think. I liked her.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Dec 24 2014, 12:26 AM

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Dec 24 2014, 12:27 AM
Post #19

Only know Audley in this section, he was nice enough I guess but I had such little interest in CBB this summer after the awfulness of the civilian series that I didn't really care less what went on.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 24 2014, 12:54 AM
Post #20
Brown cow, stunning!

Yeah Evander was amazingly homophobic, he basically compared homosexuality to a disability :/ Then tried to backtrack because he managed to realise once he got a backlash that's a completely ridiculous thing to say. Aside from that, he was easily one of the most boring individuals ever to go in there. He seemed disinterested and completely bored with the whole experience, as if he didn't know he was going on Big Brother and despised every second.

Audley was basically the nice version of Evander too, a little more vocal I guess, as a fellow boxer. Pretty boring and I'm sure he only got as far as he did for arguing with James laugh.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:35 PM