BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Should have been Singles!, So many missed oppurtunities.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Which of these did you want to be singles?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 27
Guests cannot vote 
April
post 23rd January 2015, 02:57 PM
Post #21
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905

QUOTE(Hurricane @ Jan 23 2015, 02:03 PM) *
It's their most recent output so it makes sense. I mean 3 years ago, people here would have sliced other people's throats to get 'Faster' released, yet it somehow only has 4 votes now? laugh.gif

I think April has hit on the head of the nail with these 6 there.

Obviously I should've won 'Poster with the most flawless taste'.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 23rd January 2015, 02:59 PM
Post #22
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

QUOTE(April @ Jan 23 2015, 02:57 PM) *
Obviously I should've won 'Poster with the most flawless taste'.

gtf. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 23rd January 2015, 03:02 PM
Post #23
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Keep Her
Lies
Here Standing
One Shot
Open Up
Lose Control
Get Ready, Get Set
White Lies
Wildfire

They're the ones I feel would've been great additions to their singles discography. And really, some of the choices they did make were idiotic.

+Quote this post
Mike Sugafan
post 23rd January 2015, 04:16 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 945

Chasing Lights era: Keep Her
Wordshaker era: Denial
Headlines! era: Died In Your Eyes -double A side- Puppet
On Your Radar era: Wish I Didn't Know
Living For The Weekend era: Leave A Light On
Greatest Hits era: Walking Through The Desert (though you wrote it "dessert" kink.gif )

+Quote this post
Totto
post 23rd January 2015, 04:36 PM
Post #25
Group icon
I was grindin' with the DJ with my hands on the floor!
User: 20,441

QUOTE(Hurricane @ Jan 22 2015, 06:48 PM) *
The obvious one : Get Ready, Get Set

The 'really should have been' : One Shot and 808

The potential ones : Walking Through The Desert, The Way You Watch Me, Puppet, Denial, Last Call, Set Me Off, Chasing Lights

Maybe : Lies, Lease My Love,

This ^ Except Last Call.

I don't think any changes about the Casing Lights era is necessary though.

+Quote this post
Will.
post 23rd January 2015, 06:38 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 20,226

Chasing Lights
One Shot
Lose Control
Get Ready, Get Set
Faster
Wildfire

I think sticking to more 'pop' sounding tracks would have perhaps avoided the fluctuation they have had in sales.

This post has been edited by Will.: 23rd January 2015, 06:38 PM

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 23rd January 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

Keep voting please! I will begin a top 10 next week.

I just realised I accidentally wrote "Walking Through The Dessert", that would have been a different song entirely!

+Quote this post
JSG
post 23rd January 2015, 09:31 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

Making Wildfire the B-SIDE to Gentleman was probably the biggest mistake they've made in their Career. I remember hearing Wildfire and think the f*** is this the b side for?

+Quote this post
JSG
post 23rd January 2015, 09:35 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

You know the quality of B-SIDES from The Saturdays ha seen consistently high! It pisses me off that their singles haven't been like that.

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post 23rd January 2015, 09:52 PM
Post #30
Group icon
get me started, hot like fire
User: 17,262

QUOTE(Totto @ Jan 23 2015, 04:36 PM) *
This ^ Except Last Call.

I don't think any changes about the Casing Lights era is necessary though.

Well, I think 'Chasing Lights' would have been a nice way to close the era. I feel like the song itself sounds an album closer, anyway. They could have had new edit of the song. Something with a bit more atmosphere towards the end, to make it sound like it's a proper ending/closure (although a radio-edit would still exist and cut that ending off, obvs) and a verse for each girl, and well harmonies on the chorus.

That being said, it can still be done. If they ever want to release a last single, that could be it.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 23rd January 2015, 11:49 PM
Post #31
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Firstly thought that the "Chasing Lights" era was pretty much done right, but the title track would have made a great single.

"Wordshaker" was definitely given up on way too soon, if they went with "One Shot" as the 3rd single, that surely would have went top 10, then they could have went with "Wordshaker" or "Lose Control" as the 4th single.

"Headlines" era, firstly swap the first 2 singles round and then end the campaign with "Puppet".

"On Your Radar" era, release "Get Ready Get Set" as the lead single, "Faster" as the 3rd single, keep "All Fired Up" as 2nd and push "My Heart Takes Over" as the 4th.

"Living For The Weekend" era instead of "30 Days" release "Wildfire" as the buzz single, then following "WAU" they could have went for "Not Giving Up" as the 3rd single and then end the campaign with "Leave A Light On" as the 5th single.

"Greatest Hits" era lead with "808" and then maybe "Walking Through The Desert" if lead single was successful enough.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post 24th January 2015, 02:17 AM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512

QUOTE(Will. @ Jan 23 2015, 06:38 PM) *
I think sticking to more 'pop' sounding tracks would have perhaps avoided the fluctuation they have had in sales.

Couldn't agree more.

I know I'm in the minority here but I think Chasing Lights is a total snoozefest and wouldn't have done anything for them, especially as a sixth single. Everyone praises it but in actuality it sounds almost exactly like Deeper which everyone seems to loathe. I don't get it.

This post has been edited by (Zach): 24th January 2015, 02:19 AM

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post 24th January 2015, 03:54 AM
Post #33
Group icon
get me started, hot like fire
User: 17,262

QUOTE((Zach) @ Jan 24 2015, 02:17 AM) *
Couldn't agree more.

I know I'm in the minority here but I think Chasing Lights is a total snoozefest and wouldn't have done anything for them, especially as a sixth single. Everyone praises it but in actuality it sounds almost exactly like Deeper which everyone seems to loathe. I don't get it.

No1curss because you actually think 'Missing You' is any good... like, that invalidates all your opinions tbh ohmy.gif

(Joking aside, I mostly agree with you on this. In my opinion, 'Chasing Lights' is a pretty song with amazing lyrics, but it's not an obvious single-material track or such a big missing opportunity per say, that's true. Stiil, I can't help but feel like it would have been nice to have it release to close either the era or the band, as I said, pretty much because of the feel the song's got, and also because the lyrics would be very fitting for the matter. There's something both very happy and sad about the song. )

There's one b-side we should be talking about : TURN MYSELF IN. Which is the true "b-side-that-should-have-been-a-single", not 'Wildfire.
k, bye now. hi.gif

This post has been edited by Hurricane: 24th January 2015, 07:19 AM

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 24th January 2015, 09:55 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE((Zach) @ Jan 24 2015, 02:17 AM) *
Couldn't agree more.

Deeper the same as Chasing Lights? Oh hell no.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post 24th January 2015, 03:41 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512

I find most of their ballads to be so boring, I can't help it kink.gif Excluding My Heart Takes Over, Leave A Light On, and Denial of course.

But I agree with you Hurricane, it's a nice track and might be fitting as a final single for them, but at the same time I'd rather they recorded a new/better ballad to use for that purpose.

EDIT: I love Wish I Didn't Know and Last Call too. And obviously Missing You if that counts. OK, maybe they have a lot of good ones tongue.gif

This post has been edited by (Zach): 24th January 2015, 03:49 PM

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 24th January 2015, 03:52 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE((Zach) @ Jan 24 2015, 03:41 PM) *
I find most of their ballads to be so boring, I can't help it kink.gif Excluding My Heart Takes Over, Leave A Light On, and Denial of course.

But I agree with you Hurricane, it's a nice track and might be fitting as a final single for them, but at the same time I'd rather they recorded a new/better ballad to use for that purpose.

EDIT: I love Wish I Didn't Know and Last Call too. And obviously Missing You if that counts. OK, maybe they have a lot of good ones tongue.gif

You've redeemed yourself! wink.gif

Voted: Chasing Lights, One Shot, Wordshaker, Lose Control, Faster, Wildfire, 808 and Walking Through The Desert.

Lose Control should have been released to coincide with film release, Wildfire as somewhere after What About Us even if not the direct follow up and Walking Through The Desert might have been better than WAYWF.

+Quote this post
Will.
post 24th January 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 20,226

There's a few things I've have changed single choice wise. Although I have loved it, I think FIO was them trying too hard to release something "maturer". One Shot into Ego would have been better, with the album being released after the two singles in the new year, rather than being overshadowed by the other Xmas releases.

QUOTE(Hurricane @ Jan 24 2015, 03:54 AM) *
No1curss because you actually think 'Missing You' is any good... like, that invalidates all your opinions tbh ohmy.gif

(Joking aside, I mostly agree with you on this. In my opinion, 'Chasing Lights' is a pretty song with amazing lyrics, but it's not an obvious single-material track or such a big missing opportunity per say, that's true. Stiil, I can't help but feel like it would have been nice to have it release to close either the era or the band, as I said, pretty much because of the feel the song's got, and also because the lyrics would be very fitting for the matter. There's something both very happy and sad about the song. )

There's one b-side we should be talking about : TURN MYSELF IN. Which is the true "b-side-that-should-have-been-a-single", not 'Wildfire.
k, bye now. hi.gif

Turn Myself In is actually really decent. I remember the fanbase begging for it to get a release after the Headlines tour. Only thing I would say is I think the production was comprimised due to it being a b-side which made it sound a bit cheap/basic.

+Quote this post
post 24th January 2015, 07:31 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Chasing Lights is as dull as dishwater.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 26th January 2015, 11:34 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

Any more votes before I do the top 10 breakdown?

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 27th January 2015, 12:09 AM
Post #40
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Chasing lights
One shot
And either walking through the desert or 808