BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, 2017 | Frances McDormand, Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrelson
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Mar 23 2017, 11:02 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

Already getting trailers for contenders for the upcoming awards season biggrin.gif Awards circuit currently has Frances McDormand as seventh in their Best Actress early predictions so looks like it could be something to look forward to!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Mar 24 2017, 12:12 PM
Post #2
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Can this win an Oscar for best title biggrin.gif Looks fun

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 30 2017, 02:16 PM
Post #3
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

It looks very good!

My mate got angry at me coz I didn't tell him just how "good" the trailer was laugh.gif I told him he should watch it, that should've been enough lmao.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Sep 8 2017, 02:42 PM
Post #4
c:

New trailer:

Starting to really consider Frances McDormand as a big awards contender now that this is getting really good reviews (95% on Rotten Tomatoes!!)

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Nov 25 2017, 04:34 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 2,666

Movie of the year, easily.

It's just so raw, intense and yet so funny. I am really hoping Francis to get an oscar nominee and win please wub.gif

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Nov 27 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Such a good trailer, so hyped for this! It looks like it could be incredible.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jan 16 2018, 03:55 PM
Post #7
c:

Massively enjoyed this, already one of my favourite awards films this year from what I've seen so far *.* McDormand was definitely my favourite performance in the film, a really complex character who you're never quite sure whether to feel sympathy for or completely dislike and some of her emotional scenes really got to me. Rockwell was excellent too though and he had an excellent villain to hero character arc - it's obviously a much louder/showy performance compared to Willem Dafoe in the Florida Project but I think I'm rooting for Rockwell now out of the potential contenders that I've actually seen. Shout out to Woody Harrelson too, the letter he left McDormand's character was hilarious but really touching too.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 18 2018, 01:25 AM
Post #8
I found the love, I found the love in me
Member No.: 5,042

I thought this was good. I kind of expected a bit more, but I did enjoy it. Tonally a bit up and down and all over the place but the story and performances were fantastic. I felt like the end could have been a bit more fulfilling though. Like, I feel like there wasn't really a real purpose to the film after all of that?

Sam Rockwell was so good in this though. He's good in most things, but particularly this. Such a fun character and both Frances & Woody also excelled.

A solid 7.5 for me!

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Jan 24 2018, 01:19 AM
Post #9
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jan 18 2018, 01:25 AM) *
I felt like the end could have been a bit more fulfilling though. Like, I feel like there wasn't really a real purpose to the film after all of that?

I get what you mean, but I was happy enough with the ending. At one point I thought it was going to be wrapped up too nicely (when Sam Rockwell's character overheard that guy bragging in the bar) and I didn't want that because I thought it would be too neat given the tone of the rest of the film.

I was expecting a very solid 8/10 sorta movie and that's exactly what I got. That's enough for it to currently be my 2nd favourite Best Picture nominee out of the six I've seen! I've seen a fair amount of hate for it, including this review, but I honestly don't know why some people need to overanalyse movies so much. None of those points were really coming into my head whilst watching, I just sat back and enjoyed laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jan 28 2018, 01:54 PM
Post #10
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I made sure this was the first film I checked out of the Best Picture nominees after all the hype, and I certainly wasn't disappointed, it really got the tone spot on and two things that really made it stand out was the fact it wasn't at all predictable or unfold in a way seen as traditional I personally liked that it wasn't actually the guy that committed the crime or at least kept it secret as it would've been a bit too Hollywood-esque finding him by chance like that and how realistic it was presented, certainly in terms of it's presentation of the police and a small town community like that.

This talk that the movie's racist is utter bullshit - race isn't even an issue it explores for one, it's about the process of grief and anger in two deeply flawed characters that aren't presented as heroes or in a good light at all, they're just the focus of the film, and frankly I commend a film for exploring that in characters that may traditionally be seen as caricature hate figures. It's another strength of the film - there were no clear 'good and bad guys', just normal people. This article summed up my thoughts pretty well.

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Jan 28 2018, 02:19 PM
Post #11
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!!!

+Quote Post
Severin
post Jan 29 2018, 08:30 PM
Post #12
Mansonette
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jan 18 2018, 01:25 AM) *
I felt like the end could have been a bit more fulfilling though. Like, I feel like there wasn't really a real purpose to the film after all of that?

For me the ending is just right and the purpose is right there - anger begets anger. They'll go off and find the guy, murder him whether he's guilty or not and the cycle of anger and violence will persist through someone else too. Or maybe on the journey they'll find a little bit of hope, conquer their anger and come back home. We don't know the outcome but for me the message is clear.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:57 AM