BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Fever: Album Tracks
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Best Album Track from Fever
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
Padamic Tension
post May 5 2020, 05:07 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
I think she has a fairly good say in her albums now and prob now more than ever. Maybe its a case where she wanted other songs also that were on the actual album and the label were like you have got your way on other tracks but we really dont feel this song works on the album.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 5 2020, 05:13 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Your Love has moved up in my estimations as of late.
Fragile I continue to get so much from,sweet sensational song that Kylie should perform in the future.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post May 5 2020, 05:16 PM
Post #43
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
My review of Fever that I posed a while ago in another thread (any excuse to share these) smile.gif

More, More, More
Not kicking things off with something a little different (than the usual lead single), instead begins with this breathy and frothy dance number which sees Kylie at her most alluring and her outstandingly high vocals dominate throughout and its very clear from the first few seconds that we're in for something very different to her previous album and its a great album opener.

Love At First Sight
Now this is where the album really takes off with a muted backbeat and electric piano intro, then suddenly explodes into giant swirling sound, very classy and effortlessly cool and elevated thanks to its state of the art dance production and definitely one of the best examples of 00's pop/dance music. With simple but effective lyrics that evoke the feelings of being in a new relationship, the song is just stunning and quite rightfully established itself as a firm fan favourite. To call this a standout is an understatement.

Can't Get You Out of my Head
Yes this is it, that massive globe trotting lead single where 13 years into her pop career Kylie scores her biggest hit and saw her embraced by pretty much everyone with this cool electric minimal track, very sleek and stylish and often labelled as one of the greatest songs of the 21st century and not hard to see why with its hypnotic beats and futuristic production, everything about this just comes together perfectly and of course Kylie's vocals here are top notch, and what else can I say that already hasn't been said, I know the constant overplay may have killed it for a while for Kylie fans, but enough time has to fully re-embrace and enjoy this glorious gem again.

Fever
The title track and a somewhat departure from the dance/pop that dominates this album, instead being an updated electro track that inspired by the 80's, and along with very tongue in cheek lyrics that just adds to the fun of the song. Its sexy and certainly suggestive, and just an all round good little number.

Give It To Me
Definitely the album's weakest moment here with this hard electro-funk number that's very sharp and heavily chopped up vocals that feels a bit out of place on this album, and then there's that annoying recurrent telephone ringing throughout which really drags things down. The only positive is that at least's its short and could have easily been replaced by any number of the strong B-side/bonus tracks such as 'Tightrope, 'Good Like That' or 'Boy'. The song feels like an experiment that didn't quite work.

Fragile
More classy, sophisticated pop/dance now with this gorgeously layered number that's very soothing especially after the chaos of the previous track with a dreamy yet passionate vocals by Kylie that perfectly captures the essence of the song, whilst at the same allowing a bit of vulnerability over its hypnotic soundscape.

Come Into My World
Whilst this treads a very similar path to the lead single, but this track is yet another highlight on here with its slinky electro beats, cool guitar licks and some cool synths. This may have been a last minute addition to the album and not quite the version we all know and love (when released as the 4th and final single), but this version is still pretty good and Kylie's seductive vocals really keeps the sophisticated flow of the album running smoothly.

In Your Eyes
The thumping and aggressive beat and infectious chorus makes this the perfect follow up single to the massive lead, this is a beautifully crafted number and just a cracking tune all-round that instantly whips you into a frenzy upon first listen and yet sultry at the same time thanks to its blending of dance/pop, nu disco and techno beats that runs throughout and therefore creating a brilliant anthem.

Dancefloor
Another track that may feel a little out of place here thanks to its more poppy sound, but its still a fun little track that bounces along nicely and creating a very joyful experience. Almost a continuation of the previous album thanks to its disco sound with lyrics that have a fairly universal message. Just an okay fun little number all round.

Love Affair
If there had been a contender for a 5th single then this fantastic electro pop number could have easily fitted the bill, with its perfectly crafted production with Kylie at her seductive best. This has a cool club style with trance like inflections that makes this a cracking offering and dare I say it yet another album highlight.

Your Love
Winding things down a bit with this stunning mid-tempo number, with a lilting guitar lends the song a blissed-out feel that's just perfect for chilling out. While this has the same kinda sound as the rest of the album and if this was recorded by a lesser artist then this would have risked sounded samey rather than succeeding at creating a cohesive body of work.

Burning Up
Ending the official version of the album with this awesome track that has the quite unusual teaming of acoustic verses with an upbeat dance chorus, that's full of funk, class and disco with high pitched notes reached by Kylie on the choruses and therefore creates one of the best tracks on here and again like many others on here, could have made an amazing single.

Tightrope
I've added this Australian bonus track to my version of this album and why the hell not, as this is a definite hidden gem in her discography with its beautifully calm opening bars then heads into a catchy dance/pop chorus with some solid production and while it may slightly differ from the sound of the album, this would have been a more than welcomed addition to this already wonderful body of work.

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 5 2020, 05:21 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Fragile was positioned at the exact place it was needed on the album.
Give it To Me lacked identity and Come Into My World was taking a Can't Get You Out of My Head direction.
Fragile arrived in the middle of these, with a classy and gorgeous song showcasing Kylie's soothing vocals.

This post has been edited by pippa: May 5 2020, 05:22 PM

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post May 5 2020, 06:19 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Looking back and thankfully i did appreciate it and soak it all up at the time, fever was huge, i remember really enjoying it as much as i could as knew that level of success wouldn't last forever. Kylie was so huge during that time, it was hit after hit after hit and the album chart run and sales were just great to watch and her finally winning some Brit awards was a highlight aswell.Cant get you out of my head brought a level of success to kylie that no one ever saw coming. I know light years was a big comeback (and a better album in my opinion) but Fever was a worldwide success. I remember at the height of its success i was like Kylie can now really really stick her 2 fingers up to all those that thought she was finished in the mid to late 90s'

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 5 2020, 07:40 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
That was an era Kylie fans cherished as it had:

Multi-Platinum Worldwide Sales.
Biggest hit of her career.
Returned Kylie to Number 1 in countries she hadn't managed for some time.
Hit after hit
Multiple Awards
Sold out concerts
Strong TV appearances
Extended run of top 10 singles

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post May 5 2020, 09:44 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I would love to have one more mega big era or even 1 more big smash hit.

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 6 2020, 05:30 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Golden by sales and accolades was much lower, but, Golden brought big success in other ways and put Kylie back on the map again in many ways Kiss Me Once failed.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post May 6 2020, 06:39 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Golden was great and it did feel like kylie was properly back, fever just reached that massive success worldwide there was no getting away from kylie anywhere.

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 6 2020, 07:53 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Golden debuting at Number 1 was a big important moment.
It showed Kylie can still achieve great success.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post May 6 2020, 11:03 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I always get excited and very excited when kylie gets a number 1, the first midweeks do be nerve wracking though. I was very disappointed kiss me once wasnt even in the shake out for number 1 so it was great golden flew away with it.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:34 PM