BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Missing • Series 2, Wednesday 12th October, new investigation
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Mar 26 2016, 11:38 AM
Post #1
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

The first series of The Missing was a massive hit back in 2014 and it will soon return for its second series starring an all new investigation. This time round, David Morrisey and Keeley Hawes star as the parents of a girl who goes missing in 2003. The twist this time is that the girl returns in 2014. Julien Baptise, the detective in the first series, returns to investigate the case.

Aside from the ending, I really enjoyed the first series and I'm hoping that the girl actually returning helps to resolve the issues of the first series. I'm ready to be utterly gripped once again!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Mar 26 2016, 11:54 AM
Post #2
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Loved the first series, so I'm massively looking forward to this.

Great casting - no idea how the twist will work this time. Going to stick my neck out and say that one of the secondary characters will have been up to something naughty!

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Mar 26 2016, 03:38 PM
Post #3
I Drink Wine
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Fantastic casting - I'm really looking forward to this returning!

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Sep 29 2016, 01:18 PM
Post #4
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

I didn't realise it would take this long but we finally have an airdate! It will take The Apprentice's usual slot by airing at 9pm on Wednesday 12th October. The trailer has also been released:

It looks BRILLIANT! Definitely looks even more gripping than the first series and, as I said in the opening post, I'm hoping the premise of this one will mean that the issues of the first series don't arise. Brilliant cast as well so my anticipation levels are sky high.

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Sep 29 2016, 02:17 PM
Post #5
I Drink Wine
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

It does look incredible so hopefully it won't disappoint!

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Sep 29 2016, 08:19 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

The first season bored the hell out of me but seeing as though this looks like a mix between Les Revenants/The Returned and Thirteen (the brilliant Jodie Comer BBC2 drama from earlier this year), I'll definitely be checking this out! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
FezVez
post Oct 12 2016, 09:19 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,358

Did anyone else see the first episode of the new series?

O M G

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Oct 13 2016, 07:19 PM
Post #8
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

Absolutely fantastic! So many questions raised but so many twists and turns in the first episode already. Really excited that they've created a completely different story to the first series, making this second series worthwhile. The performances were so compelling and I'm liking how they're focusing on what life was like 2 years later as well.

I was going to comment on how heartbreaking it was until that ending. It came to my mind when she reappeared but I didn't think anything further so it was still very unexpected! It's just thrown all my thoughts throughout the episode on its head! I'm so excited for the rest of the series, just please no ambiguous ending!!!

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Oct 28 2016, 09:58 AM
Post #9
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

So many twists and turns happening especially with that eventful third episode!

I hope that Alice is still out there and alive and obviously the Brigadier has something to do with it, maybe his dementia will reveal that information.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Nov 3 2016, 02:31 PM
Post #10
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

SPOILERS AHEAD for episode 4

omg that ending yet AGAIN. The campervan is in Switzerland too, as shown in the last episode, so that girl obviously still has associations with the kidnapper (or maybe she IS the kidnapper??). Is it the same girl though, or her twin idk, the third girl on the rollercoaster didn't look like her so I'm really confused.

My initial thoughts through the episode were the girl that returned was Sophie, who was David Morrissey's actual daughter. I found it interesting that the DNA result was used from him, rather than the mother. He must have cheated on her before because she said that the disappearance brought them closer together. However, obviously that ending shows the girl might still be alive and I've seen theories that the girl actually put Alice in the shed. Maybe she went to get Alice in those 3 hours but if she was locked in the shed, how did she manage to replace her?

SO MANY QUESTIONS AND I NEED THE ANSWERS!! This series has been even better than the first series for me so far so I do hope it means we get a better ending, they would have to really mess it up for the ending to be shit.

ALSO, looking at the teaser trailer in the first post again, it focuses on the bird necklace that the third girl on the rollercoaster was wearing, and the girl in the trailer has a bird hairclip. It also shows the monkey thing that Alice/Sophie/whoever she is focused on when she returned. thinking.gif

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Nov 3 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #11
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Froot. @ Nov 3 2016, 02:31 PM) *
SPOILERS AHEAD for episode 4

omg that ending yet AGAIN. The campervan is in Switzerland too, as shown in the last episode, so that girl obviously still has associations with the kidnapper (or maybe she IS the kidnapper??). Is it the same girl though, or her twin idk, the third girl on the rollercoaster didn't look like her so I'm really confused.

My initial thoughts through the episode were the girl that returned was Sophie, who was David Morrissey's actual daughter. I found it interesting that the DNA result was used from him, rather than the mother. He must have cheated on her before because she said that the disappearance brought them closer together. However, obviously that ending shows the girl might still be alive and I've seen theories that the girl actually put Alice in the shed. Maybe she went to get Alice in those 3 hours but if she was locked in the shed, how did she manage to replace her?

SO MANY QUESTIONS AND I NEED THE ANSWERS!! This series has been even better than the first series for me so far so I do hope it means we get a better ending, they would have to really mess it up for the ending to be shit.

ALSO, looking at the teaser trailer in the first post again, it focuses on the bird necklace that the third girl on the rollercoaster was wearing, and the girl in the trailer has a bird hairclip. It also shows the monkey thing that Alice/Sophie/whoever she is focused on when she returned. thinking.gif

Well my initial thought was that the Sophie/Alice that we met, was the body in the shed. The body looked like it had been dead for some time.

Right now I'm pretty sure that the Alice that came back is Sophie Giroud. And obviously right now, I believe Sophie is suffering from stockholm syndrome and is probably in love with her captor. I hope the real Alice is still out there, but who knows. There's still 4 episodes to go, so there are way more twists and turns to come. I think David Morrisey's character has a lot of secrets we've not heard about, and I suspect he's probably involved in some way.

I reckon that Sophie was released on purpose, and a lot of the things she's said are fake. I'm looking forward to what Baptiste heard in 2016 (when we were conveniently cut out of the conversation).

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Nov 3 2016, 11:27 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

I keep hearing SO many different things about this laugh.gif do you guys recommend it?

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Nov 10 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #13
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(jase. @ Nov 3 2016, 11:27 PM) *
I keep hearing SO many different things about this laugh.gif do you guys recommend it?

Absolutely! This series has been unbelievably better than the first series so far! The pacing has been brilliant and there's so many questions and theories that arise from each episode but there's still a lot of answers each week.

The ending to last night's episode in particular makes me extremely excited to see where the rest of the series is heading.

+Quote Post
FezVez
post Nov 23 2016, 10:20 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Enthusiast

AKDNDUWNAQANA at tonight's ending!!

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Nov 24 2016, 12:24 AM
Post #15
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(FezVez @ Nov 23 2016, 10:20 PM) *
AKDNDUWNAQANA at tonight's ending!!

Was surprising that Alice is alive, I definitely thought she was dead after last weeks episode. Looking forward to seeing all the big reveals.

Couple of big clues this week.. Henry Reed was a medic, gonna guess he probably saw Sophie in 2014 when she was ill and then probably got offed as a consequence. I'm wondering if Eve was also abused by Gatterick. Mentioned her age in the Iraq flashbacks.. I think it could be a possibility. Reckon I have an idea of how most of it went down, but can't work out what the Brigadire/Sophie conversation was about in 2014. Body in the shed must have been the 3rd girl that went missing.

+Quote Post
FezVez
post Nov 25 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I'm the same with the Stone/Sophie conversation. I'm hoping all my questions are answered next week! There's a lot to cram in a hour..!

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Nov 26 2016, 12:55 PM
Post #17
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

So happy that she's alive!! Although, knowing the show and knowing that there's only one episode left with a whole load of things that will be happening, I'm not expecting her to survive for much longer. If she is kept alive, it means we won't be able to explore that impact on the family, an aspect that has been a huge focus of the series. It would obviously be different to Sophie returning and pretending she was Alice so it would be interesting to see. If Alice dies though, I guess it just means the Websters continue on the downward spiral that they're already on.

I'm guessing it means that the body in the shed is Lena then, and therefore Sam must have got another woman pregnant and so is Lena's father.

It's obviously looking like we're getting a much better ending than the previous series, I just hope it doesn't end on another ambiguous note!

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Nov 27 2016, 01:13 PM
Post #18
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Bluth @ Nov 26 2016, 12:55 PM) *
So happy that she's alive!! Although, knowing the show and knowing that there's only one episode left with a whole load of things that will be happening, I'm not expecting her to survive for much longer. If she is kept alive, it means we won't be able to explore that impact on the family, an aspect that has been a huge focus of the series. It would obviously be different to Sophie returning and pretending she was Alice so it would be interesting to see. If Alice dies though, I guess it just means the Websters continue on the downward spiral that they're already on.

I'm guessing it means that the body in the shed is Lena then, and therefore Sam must have got another woman pregnant and so is Lena's father.

It's obviously looking like we're getting a much better ending than the previous series, I just hope it doesn't end on another ambiguous note!

I think Gatterick fudged the DNA test results. It's obvious that he had the brigadier blackmailed as he obviously knew the truth about what happened in Iraq. That said, I'll be interested to understand just how much he knew.

I can't see the real Alice dying either, I think the writers will have learned a lot about the ending of the first season. Which left a bit of a sour taste from a brilliant series.

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Nov 30 2016, 11:29 PM
Post #19
on a bench in coney island
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

Great ending to a great series. So much tied up in this last episode!
Was a shame to see Sam die, they just couldn't let the Websters have a happy ending, could they? :'(

Absolutely loved the first series, but this one was on a whole other level. Quite possibly my favourite series of the year.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Dec 1 2016, 12:24 AM
Post #20
WINTER IS COMING

I thought the finale was probably the worst episode of the series, but the reason why I like the series so much is the twists and turns that it shows! So many plot devices that are so well worked. I would have liked to have seen Sam survive too, so I am not really sure why they decided to have him die. Great that everything was tied up and hopefully Baptitse makes it through to series 3.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 AM