BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Champions League 2020/2021 Season, Preliminary Round 8/8/2020
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Rooney
post 5th November 2020, 09:28 AM
Post #41
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Nov 5 2020, 07:59 AM) *
That Ba goal last night rotf.gif my oh my

I still don't get why no player was within 5 yards of him! I don't think getting beat is the be all and end all like some people were saying, the group is on a knife edge, but I still think you will go through if you win the return leg. The bigger problem imo is either Ole cannot coach the players properly or you're trying to a play a system was too aggressive and risky with the wrong personnel.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 5th November 2020, 12:24 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

I didn't know that our match was starting earlier than usual yesterday so I missed it but I've just seen a YouTube clip of Demba Ba's goal and it was very poor defending from us. It reminded me of another famous goal Demba Ba scored which our players should have learned from! It's a really annoying result after we lost to Arsenal a few days earlier but we're still in a good place to qualify for the next round. I was hoping the match between Leipzig and PSG would end in a draw but it wasn't to be, there's a very realistic chance of PSG dropping down to the Europa League if we can beat them again when we play them next time.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 25th November 2020, 11:59 PM
Post #43
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Atalanta scored twice in four minutes to deliver a surprise victory over Liverpool and blow qualification from Champions League Group D wide open.

A much-changed Reds side lacked fluidity and failed to have a shot on target at Anfield on Wednesday.

Josip Ilicic and Robin Gosens struck for the Serie A side midway through the second half.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 1st December 2020, 08:20 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

If Gladbach don’t Gladbach and can beat Inter tonight, they will have qualified for the Knock-outs top of the group. Too nervous to watch this.

Should have chucked 10€ on them at 150/1 😂

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 1st December 2020, 09:30 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Lukaku doing the business for inter

+Quote this post
Silas
post 1st December 2020, 09:32 PM
Post #46
Group icon
Queen of Soon

f***ing Lukaku. Only scores against teams I support, never for teams I support. Waste of bloody money

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 2nd December 2020, 12:30 AM
Post #47
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

I don’t know why United sold him tbh although they have the best attack in the premiership in terms of resources just maybe too much!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd December 2020, 01:09 AM
Post #48
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Christmasteve201 @ Dec 2 2020, 12:30 AM) *
I don’t know why United sold him tbh although they have the best attack in the premiership in terms of resources just maybe too much!

I just don't think he was conditioned right or had the right work ethic to be honest at Utd. He is one of those strikers who you need to build your team around too, whereas that was not really going to happen with Utd.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 2nd December 2020, 08:58 AM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

He wasn't even that bad for us. He scored 27 goals or something in his first season. I didn't want him to go personally. At least we got back most of the money.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 2nd December 2020, 10:50 AM
Post #50
Group icon
Queen of Soon

His first season was great and then ??? and suddenly he was lazy, overweight (for a peak condition athlete), lethargic and generally a deadweight on the team because he couldn’t give less of a f*** - all while still raking it in of course.

By the time he left I was happy to see the back of him. He started well but by the end lacked the work ethic and standards expected. Now he just scores against teams I like wrecking plans for European domination.

Unsurprising really that Gladbach Gladbached. This is not pressure they’re familiar with. We have an uphill battle in Madrid but if Inter win, or draw then we will qualify with a loss. We need a point to qualify. Huge pressure on us but if the team wants to break Bayern’s dominance domestically and return to the heydays of the 70’s then it is pressure we need to get used to. Think we are really missing Hoffman and he ain’t coming back this year cry.gif

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 2nd December 2020, 12:09 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Inter were on the verge of getting knocked out at one point yesterday looking at the "As it stands" table so they needed the win badly. Real Madrid lost again to Shakhtar Donetsk as well. Real Madrid are 3rd in Group B and Inter are bottom so there's a good chance that at least one of them wont make it into the knockout stages, it would be very strange to see Real Madrid drop into the Europa League.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd December 2020, 03:49 PM
Post #52
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Houdini @ Dec 2 2020, 12:09 PM) *
Inter were on the verge of getting knocked out at one point yesterday looking at the "As it stands" table so they needed the win badly. Real Madrid lost again to Shakhtar Donetsk as well. Real Madrid are 3rd in Group B and Inter are bottom so there's a good chance that at least one of them wont make it into the knockout stages, it would be very strange to see Real Madrid drop into the Europa League.

I still can't believe Zidane has not been given the boot yet. I suppose if they don't qualify they will have no choice. Being in the Europa League would be an absolute disaster for them.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 2nd December 2020, 04:02 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Would they sack him? He won the league last year, that's would be even more trigger-happy than PL clubs.

I think as long as they're doing better than Barca they're happy, and they are absolute tanking this season. But I suppose that's what happens when you put an Everton reject in charge and sell/piss off all your best players.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd December 2020, 04:16 PM
Post #54
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Dec 2 2020, 04:02 PM) *
Would they sack him? He won the league last year, that's would be even more trigger-happy than PL clubs.

I think as long as they're doing better than Barca they're happy, and they are absolute tanking this season. But I suppose that's what happens when you put an Everton reject in charge and sell/piss off all your best players.

They were unimpressive last year in the Champions League, this is what Real Madrid pride themselves on seeing as in modern times apart from the odd occasion La Liga has been a 2 horse race, with a few notable exceptions. They are struggling in La Liga and if they get knocked out at the Group Stages I cannot see that going down very well. I could see it if Madrid don't qualify for the last 16.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 2nd December 2020, 05:47 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Queen of Soon

It would be foolish to write off Real, but there is still a fair chance they get demoted to Europa and Inter are just ejected- at the hands of Donetsk and Mönchengladbach. Probably the biggest CL upset in years

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 2nd December 2020, 10:01 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

Do you support Gladbach now Quar?

I think Lukaku was decent and didn’t fit into a certain managers plans and then Ole came and wanted to promote youth and made Rashford and later Greenwood the main men and rightly so!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd December 2020, 11:57 PM
Post #57
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

Ole with an absolute mare this eveing. I missed the first Fred incident, but I did feel that second yellow he got was harsh. I'd have been livid if that were a Liverpool player. But he should have been hooked earlier.

UEFA seem to use VAR so much better, I mean to me PSG's 2nd goal would have been offside in the Premier League. I hate how we chalk legitamate goals off but players can get penalties for absolutely nothing. They really need to sort out how they apply the offside rule and the margin for error which always benefits the defenders in the Premier League.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 3rd December 2020, 12:15 AM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I'm really irritated with this result because all we needed to do was avoid defeat and we would have qualified for the last 16 but now we've made things tricky for ourselves being tied on 9 points with PSG and Leipzig. This is twice now that we've been in a relatively comfortable position in the group and squandered the opportunity to put daylight between ourselves and the rest, PSG weren't that great in this match and it feels like we handed the win to them. Anyone could see that Fred was on a one way road towards a red card, PSG's players were trying to wind him up throughout the match and he should have been substituted at half time. This could have been a good opportunity to possibly land PSG in the path to Europa League football but now we're all danger of ending up there with the exception of Istanbul.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 3rd December 2020, 07:03 AM
Post #59
Group icon
Queen of Soon

QUOTE(Christmasteve201 @ Dec 3 2020, 12:01 AM) *
Do you support Gladbach now Quar?

I think Lukaku was decent and didn’t fit into a certain managers plans and then Ole came and wanted to promote youth and made Rashford and later Greenwood the main men and rightly so!

I have for a long time! Theyre my hometown team. Giving me something to focus on while United are actin like jokers coz I can’t I just can’t. At least I have no hope and expectations with Gladbach.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 3rd December 2020, 09:00 AM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

That result against Istanbul really was the killer. I fully expect to lose to Leipzig nocheer.gif

Our games vs PSG are really peculiar as it's ALWAYS the away team that seems to win.

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 08:57 PM