BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
24 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ella Henderson - Chapter One, 1st album | 13th October
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Dec 16 2012, 02:50 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
Ella Henderson who finished 6th on this year's X Factor has announced she has signed a record deal with Sony!

Ella Henderson has signed a record deal with Sony.

The former X Factor contestant confirmed the news during an appearance on Ireland's The Saturday Night Show.

Henderson told host Brendan O'Connor: "Today's the first day I can announced I'm signed with Sony.

"I'm just so, so excited to go into a studio and finally do what I've always wanted to do. I have already written stuff, but I can't wait to write new stuff because I haven't written all through the period of being on that show and I've experienced so much and so many emotions that I never felt before so, It's gonna be really exciting."

She said of the period since her exit from The X Factor: "It's been absolute[ly] manic. Since the show I've come away and, do you know what, it's probably the best thing that's ever happened to me, because when I was in the show I felt like I was under a lot of pressure... It's a tough one and I am young, so I did feel the pressure a bit, but coming away from it I've just had so many opportunities now."

The 16-year-old also revealed that she had doubts about her singing before entering the reality show and would wonder when she would get her big break.

"It's amazing what this show has done to me," she said. "If I look back six or nine weeks ago, nobody had a clue who I was... I think at the age of 16 it's something that a lot of girls and boys want and It's something I thought was so out of reach from me.

"I thought there's so many talented people out here, how am I going to get a break? How am I ever gonna do it? It just shows you never know what's round the corner."

Henderson also talked about performing for the Amy Winehouse foundation, describing it as "an honour" and calling the late star "a massive icon of mine".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/s103/the...ecord-deal.html

So so happy and really looking forward to her album!! cheer.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Dec 16 2012, 02:53 PM
Post #2
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
SO excited for an album from her, it's going to be fantastic!

+Quote this post
jark
post Dec 16 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #3
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
She's got a powerful voice but not much technique/control and it's quite bland. Bit of a foghorn really.

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post Dec 17 2012, 04:21 AM
Post #4
Group icon
get me started, hot like fire
User: 17,262
QUOTE(Jark @ Dec 16 2012, 02:58 PM) *
She's got a powerful voice but not much technique/control and it's quite bland. Bit of a foghorn really.

Really? I would say she got way too much of technique/control. She's just so technical in the way she sings. In the liveshows, pretty much every notes she did were emotionless and was just her using the perfect technique to hit those. It was boring.

Her voice isn't really that powerful. Like, she doesn't have that powerhouse voice. She just has a good range and very good techniques to belt notes, but it doesn't sound strong. I don't know how to explain it.

+Quote this post
BuzzLightyear
post Dec 17 2012, 06:20 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 15,330
She doesn't really have a reliable voice, but breaks quite alot but she does sing in a unique style.. It just depends on if she can release one or two hits.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Dec 17 2012, 08:03 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
QUOTE(Jark @ Dec 16 2012, 02:58 PM) *

I agree, she ended up shouting sometimes, with a bit of work she could be very good vocally, but I can't see her material being all that interesting and she'll only do well so long as Adele is off the scene.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Dec 17 2012, 08:34 AM
Post #7
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
QUOTE(BuzzLightyear @ Dec 17 2012, 06:20 AM) *
She doesn't really have a reliable voice, but breaks quite alot but she does sing in a unique style.. It just depends on if she can release one or two hits.

That's actually what I adore about her voice, when it breaks - it doesn't sound bad when it does, if anything it's the main thing that really makes me feel the emotion when she sings. It should sound bad, but it's one of my favourite things about her voice.

Can't wait for this album <3

+Quote this post
Colm
post Dec 17 2012, 10:11 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
User: 9,885
But, but....she's sixteen! SIXTEEN!!111!!1!

+Quote this post
Colm
post Dec 17 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
QUOTE(J▼hnkm @ Dec 17 2012, 08:03 AM) *
I agree, she ended up shouting sometimes, with a bit of work she could be very good vocally, but I can't see her material being all that interesting and she'll only do well so long as Adele is off the scene.

It depends on the genre she chooses to move into. She may not be aiming for Adele's market (although logically there's money to be made when Adele is off the scene and she may be coerced into it).

+Quote this post
Qween
post Dec 17 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
Oh I think they'll go for the most obvious path for her, which is the Adele route. I don't think she's got much versatility either, but that might just be her total lack of personality.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 17 2012, 12:19 PM
Post #11
Group icon
User: 13,007
She should call the album '16' kink.gif

This post has been edited by HausofKubrick: Dec 17 2012, 12:20 PM

+Quote this post
Colm
post Dec 17 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Dec 17 2012, 12:19 PM) *
She should call the album '16' kink.gif

laugh.gif

or

16,16.......16!!!!

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post Dec 20 2012, 02:32 AM
Post #13
Group icon
get me started, hot like fire
User: 17,262
It depends. She could be quite "poppy" if her label wants her to : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocqEdXAB-g

She isn't going to give us some electro pop dance club banger, but I think she could do "acoustic uptempos".

We'll see!

+Quote this post
Colm
post Dec 21 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
A variety would be good but not to the degree where they have 12 different producers and it sounds like a compilation. One unknown producer and some underrated and forgotten songwriters. No well known covers.

+Quote this post
Colm
post Dec 21 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
QUOTE(Hurricane @ Dec 20 2012, 02:32 AM) *
It depends. She could be quite "poppy" if her label wants her to : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocqEdXAB-g

wub.gif

As long as it's not a clone of Rolling in the Deep.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Dec 21 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
I pray for a studio version of "Missed".

+Quote this post
jark
post Dec 21 2012, 04:12 PM
Post #17
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
They should get Cathy Dennis to write a #1 for her.

+Quote this post
Colm
post Dec 21 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
Most people should do that.

+Quote this post
BuzzLightyear
post Dec 22 2012, 06:38 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 15,330
QUOTE(J▼hnkm @ Dec 17 2012, 12:04 PM) *
Oh I think they'll go for the most obvious path for her, which is the Adele route. I don't think she's got much versatility either, but that might just be her total lack of personality.

X Factor makes some people think versatility is important with its pointless theme weeks but it's really not. Ella should just do her and see what happens instead of being pushed into generic pop. She has her own songs and style of singing which is most of the battle really, so she has a good chance of making it in the real world despite her tender years. She won't even need a big hit if Rebecca Ferguson's success is anything to go by or display personality if her or Emeli Sande don't need to. She draws comparisons with Adele but that is surely a massive compliment (she is actually a fan as well). It'll be interesting to compare her album with James Arthur's. She's a talent and I'm not writing her off til I see what she comes up with, it'll be the best album from a 16 year old I've heard anyway as she's quite level headed and mature. We will see...

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Jan 22 2013, 05:08 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
She's appearently working with Adele's writers

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a45...ebut-album.html

X Factor 2012 contestant Ella Henderson will team up with Emeli Sandé, as well as Adele songwriter Eg White, for her debut album.

The singer signed a record deal with Sony Music following her shock exit from the show, despite placing sixth in the competition.

"I've always been a massive, massive fan of Emeli," Henderson told Heat. "I'm in awe of her for songwriting reasons.

"I'm meeting with her soon, we've spoken but not met face to face. It feels so weird that I'm coming into a world with an artist I respect."

Speaking about working with Eg White - who collaborated with Adele on 'Chasing Pavements' - Henderson added that she would love to meet Adele one day for a possible duet.

"When I got the Adele tweet I was like, 'Ohhhhh my god'. She's world class. She's not been in touch, I hear rumours that she likes me. And it would be amazing to one day meet her and do a collaboration."

Meanwhile, Henderson will perform her X Factor Boot Camp rendition of Cher's 'Believe' at the National Television Awards tomorrow night (January 23).

+Quote this post

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:34 PM