BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jack's Top 40 #01's, january 2004 - october 2008
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JackTheeStallion
post 1st October 2008, 02:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
#01 - Sugababes - Too Lost In You [02 Weeks]

My first #01 was Sugababes' best ballad to date, stunning lyrics and voices I think. wub.gif The girls looked amazing in the video too, definetly one of my fave Sugababes songs ever.

#02 - Kelis - Milkshake [06 Weeks]

I don't quite know why I had this as my #01 for so long, don't get me wrong, I love it but it's not THAT good. mellow.gif Anyway yes amazing catchy pop song from Kelis. Still sounds fresh today. wub.gif

#03 - Busted - Who's David [01 Week]

Okay so I usually hate boybands, especially ones like Busted and McFly but for some reason I LOVED this song at the time. The lyrics are actually really good, probably one of the only deserving #01's by Busted. Shame it's probably their least known. sad.gif

#04 - Jamelia - Thankyou [01 Week]

Will always be my fave Jamelia song ever I think wub.gif It's such a sad song really but the backing music makes it feel happy, I never really liked the video but I adore the song and still do now. happy.gif

#05 - Britney Spears - Toxic [04 Weeks]

Pop perfection wub.gif I remember being so pleased when this was #01, stupid DJ Casper knocked her off though sleep.gif. Still sounds amazing and fresh to this day, one of my favourite Britney songs ever along with 'Everytime' and 'Gimme More' happy.gif.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 1st October 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
#06 - Alicia Keys - If I Aint Got You [02 Weeks]

My favourite Alicia song ever I think wub.gif Just so beautiful lyrically and you can really sense the emotion in her voice too I think. I adore the video too, just amazing.

#07 - Eamon - f*** It (I Don't Want You Back) [03 Weeks]

God knows why I had this at #01 mellow.gif I was younger back then and really liked it I suppose haha sad.gif It's not as bad as some people make it out to be, but it certainly didn't deserve to be my #01 either. Ah well.

#08 - Natasha Bedingfield - Single [01 Week]

What a tune wub.gif I still love it to this day, such a catchy and memorable pop song. I absolutely fell in love it when I heard it for the first time when she performed it on TOTP. Who ever thought she'd be more succesful than her brother when this first came out eh?

#09 - Frankee - FURB (F U Right Back) [02 Weeks]

Another song I'm kinda embarrased to have had as my #01 sad.gif Haha, it was a choon back then though, she was such a ledge ''I do admit I'm glad, I didn't catch your crabs'' LOL wub.gif I even liked her so much that I bought her album mellow.gif OOPS.

#10 - Kelis - Trick Me [03 Weeks]

What a choon <3 The song of the summer for me that year I think. happy.gif I loved the simplicity of it yet how catchy it was. Well done Kelis! Her 2nd out of 3 #01's on my chart happy.gif.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 1st October 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
#11 - Britney Spears - Everytime [08 Weeks]

Aaah I adored this song and video so much back in 2004 wub.gif Just so beautiful and Britney's haunting vocals really make the song, so touching and I really adore the lyrics. I was pleasantly suprised when it got her another UK #01. happy.gif Was my longest running #01 too until ''Umbrella'' came along.

#12 - Avril Lavigne - My Happy Ending [02 Weeks]

I actually hated Avril Lavigne with a passion until this song was released but aah it really is so amazing wub.gif From the way it starts, the lyrics, the catchiness of it all -I just loved it. My favourite Avril single ever I think. happy.gif

#13 - Natasha Bedingfield - These Words [02 Weeks]

This is what made me fall in love with Tasha, I just adore it at the time. The quirky lyrics, video and the summery vibe of it all was perfection. So glad it got to #01 in the official UK charts too.

#14 - JoJo - Leave (Get Out) [04 Weeks]

Can't believe this missed out on #01 to Nelly :/ How ridiculous. Still an amazing pop song to this day even if Radio did overplay it to death, I just adored it and she had really good vocals for her age. happy.gif

#15 - Ashlee Simpson - Pieces Of Me [02 Weeks]

Such an amazing song. I was thrilled that it went Top 5, it's by no means her best song but it's still enjoyable. happy.gif

+Quote this post
JamesP
post 1st October 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,443
Not one bad song on the first and third posts, not one good song on the second post laugh.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 1st October 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #5
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764
Love Leave and My Happy Ending

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 1st October 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
#16 - Brandy - Afrodisiac [04 Weeks]

Amazing song from Brandy, possibly her best song ever along with ''Right Here (Departed)''. How this didn't go #01 let alone Top 10 is beyond me.

#17 - Britney Spears - My Prerogative [01 Week]

I've always thought this was underrated tbh. The video and everything was amazing, it was just so catchy, dark and amazing. At least it beat Xtina's crappy version of 'Car Wash'.

#18 - Destiny's Child - Lose My Breath [04 Weeks]

What an amazing comeback this was for them, seriously it couldn't have been any better imo. Shame the album was so c**p really.

#19 - Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten [05 Weeks]

The 3rd and final #01 from Natasha on my chart. Was the obvious album standout for me when I first bought it so I was thrilled when it was a single. Still deserved better in the UK. Was also my christmas #01 in 2004.

#20 - Ciara - Goodies [04 Weeks]

Yeah it was amazing, loved the crunk in it. Was so glad when it was #01 etc. I'm starting to get bored now. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 1st October 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #7
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
Some fantastic stuff from 2004 in there wub.gif No love for Nelly Furtado - Try? ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 1st October 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I love it now but I thought it was bland at the time. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 1st October 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #9
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
Great to see Kelis in there twice. Love that woman wub.gif
And absolutely love the video for Everytime - I remember it being so controversial at the time! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
jonny
post 1st October 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #10
Group icon
i would beg to disagree but begging disagrees with me
User: 3,646
Kelis. wub.gif Moving this to Histories where the countdown's etc. are. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st October 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I like ALL your number 1's so far ohmy.gif apart from 'Milkshake' I never got the hype around that song! puke.gif

+Quote this post
Aled.
post 1st October 2008, 09:04 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 4,254
No The 411 cry.gif

Loads of fab songs there though wub.gif

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 1st October 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126
2004 was so good for music wub.gif half of your number ones are the same as my 2004 ones laugh.gif

+Quote this post
pmachinery
post 1st October 2008, 09:58 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 7,004
Loved these 2 songs:

#01 - Sugababes - Too Lost In You [02 Weeks]
#05 - Britney Spears - Toxic [04 Weeks]

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 1st October 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
#21 - Jennifer Lopez - Get Right [03 Weeks]

J.Lo's best single ever? I Think so wub.gif From the horns to the catchy hook, just amazing. I adored the video at the time too.

#22 - Sunset Strippers - Falling Stars [02 Weeks]

Such a tune. My favourite dance song from that year I think and one of the very few dance songs to get #01 on my chart too! I just loved it at the time and it brings back good memories too. happy.gif

#23 - Beverly Knight - Keep This Fire Burning [04 Weeks]

So underrated! One of Beverleys best songs I think, should've been so much higher than it's #16 peak in the UK. sad.gif Amazingness.

#24 - Ciara Feat. Missy Elliott - 1,2 Step [05 Weeks]

Back when Ciara used to be really good. sad.gif I used to love this and dancing to it aha. Such an amaze song and still is.

#25 - Black Eyed Peas - Don't Phunk With My Heart [01 Week]

Amazing comeback, I remember when I first heard it I thought WTF but I adore it now. The video is amaze too.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st October 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
ohmy.gif Sunset Strippers got to number 1 in your chart? ohmy.gif wub.gif I LOVE it I bought it too! w00t.gif

Only one from the new bunch i don't like and that's Beverley Knight. So far Milkshake and Keep This Fire Burning are the only one's keeping your chart from being AMAZING!

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 2nd October 2008, 10:47 AM
Post #17
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
EARLY 2005 wub.gif Ciara/Missy - 1, 2 Step was such a legendary track heart.gif She's really gone downhill though since sad.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 2nd October 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
#26 - Amerie - One Thing [05 Weeks]

I used to love this song so much before it got overplayed to death wub.gif I was convinced it would go #01 as well as it seemed to be everywhere. sad.gif I still like it now but its been overplayed far too much.

#27 - Missy Elliott - Lose Control [01 Week]

Amazing video, amazing song wub.gif Probably one of my faves from Missy too. Ciara's bits were just wub.gif.

#28 - Charlotte Church - Crazy Chick [01 Week]

I've always loved Charlotte as a person and a singer really and this was just amazing at the time <3 Should've been #01 over that 2Pac $h!t sleep.gif

#29 - Mariah Carey - We Belong Together [04 Weeks]

So criminal that didn't go #01 mellow.gif Easily one of Mariah's best ever I think. Shame she's gone a bit downhill now though. sad.gif

#30 - Daniel Powter - Bad Day [04 Weeks]

I do love this song but I regret having it as my #01 tbh :/ It is good though and I loved the video for it too.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 2nd October 2008, 06:40 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
#31 - Rihanna - Pon De Replay [02 Weeks]

The first of 9 #01's from Rihanna mellow.gif laugh.gif Shows how much I like her really and I was addicted with this by the first time I heard it.

#32 - Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha [02 Weeks]

Talking about alot of #01's, this was the first of 7 #01's from PCD. laugh.gif I didn't realize I liked them quite so much, anyway this song is legendary and fully deserved to go #01.

#33 - Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes [01 Week]

Will always be my favourite Kelly song ever I think. I absolutely adore it and the lyrics kinda mean something to me too haha. Such a great song, deserved a much higher peak in UK singles though.

#34 - Liberty X - Song 4 Lovers [01 Week]

Amazing. wub.gif Seriously underrated though, one of Liberty X's best I think, shame it was the last of their good songs though ... sad.gif

#35 - Sugababes - Push The Button [05 Weeks]

One of the best song and videos ever by the babes wub.gif Definetly by fave single from them at least! happy.gif Just amazing.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 3rd October 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
#36 - Madonna - Hung Up [02 Weeks]

Madonna's only #01 on my chart! ohmy.gif And I still don't think it shoulda been my #01 either laugh.gif I do like it but not as much as I did, but yes it is among my favourite Madonna songs I think. happy.gif

#37 - Pussycat Dolls - Stickwitu [04 Weeks]

One of my fave PCD songs ever I think, I just adore it wub.gif Was my christmas #01 of 2005 too!

#38 - Beyonce - Check On It [02 Weeks]

As much as I hate her as a person I did love this song and it's her only song to go #01 on my chart too strangely enough. I think there was also a lack of decent music around at the time tooo... sad.gif

#39 - Ashlee Simpson - Boyfriend [04 Weeks]

Amazingness wub.gif Deserved so much better really sleep.gif

#40 - Pussycat Dolls - Beep [01 Week]

Yet another #01 by PCD! So annoyed when Chico of all people beat this to #01 :/

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 05:03 PM