BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Down (feat. Gucci Mane) | 1st single, Fifth Harmony | 2nd June 2017
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 28th August 2017, 05:22 PM
Post #141
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 28 2017, 06:14 PM) *
Nah I agree, why on earth did they get so shitty in the Sun interview over them asking about Camila and then do that last night do that? I'm starting to think that rather than Camila being a Beyonce sort of diva, I feel like they were the Mean Girls and didn't make her feel great about being in the group which only woud have exasperated her solo ambitions.

This is what I've thought the entire time tbh, and this just further proves it drama.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
kye
post 28th August 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #142
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

i completely disagree, i don't think it was shade. i think it was a message and it was executed in the savviest way possible.
for what ever reason (cause we don't know) Camila left the group and for the past 8 months the girls have had to talk about her in every.single.interview. they have done.
she left, she's not in the band anymore.. they want the media to stop talking about her to them. this was really their way of getting the message across that they're tired of it, as i know i would be.

as for The Sun interview.. did you read what dan wootton asked them before they got shitty? it's been 8 months since Camila quit and that's all he wanted to talk about.

he rudely implied that they'd peaked when she left, if there was a 'war of words' between them when she left, if they'd be friends again & then proceeded to ask about when Lauren got caught with marijuana on her.. i mean really?! what relevance does any of that have to their new single & album? it's inappropriate.

and i'm a Camila fan x

This post has been edited by kye: 28th August 2017, 05:32 PM

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 28th August 2017, 06:10 PM
Post #143
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE(kye @ Aug 28 2017, 06:32 PM) *
i completely disagree, i don't think it was shade. i think it was a message and it was executed in the savviest way possible.
for what ever reason (cause we don't know) Camila left the group and for the past 8 months the girls have had to talk about her in every.single.interview. they have done.
she left, she's not in the band anymore.. they want the media to stop talking about her to them. this was really their way of getting the message across that they're tired of it, as i know i would be.

as for The Sun interview.. did you read what dan wootton asked them before they got shitty? it's been 8 months since Camila quit and that's all he wanted to talk about.

he rudely implied that they'd peaked when she left, if there was a 'war of words' between them when she left, if they'd be friends again & then proceeded to ask about when Lauren got caught with marijuana on her.. i mean really?! what relevance does any of that have to their new single & album? it's inappropriate.

and i'm a Camila fan x

I'm enjoying Camila and her vocals/tracks now she has gone solo but there is no denying she definitely was angling to be the Nicole of the group. The performances of Boss and Flex spring to mind with her just wanting to hog the stage and add in extra notes which were completely unnecessary just to get attention, in my opinion. There are probably reasons on both sides of the fence as to why she left but as you say Lauren and her arrest has nothing to do with Fifth Harmony and their music. Yes they have a song called Dope and the group have a young fanbase in places which isn't exactly the best image, but The Sun shouldn't be hell bent on trying to tarnish their image and trying to start drama between the two or even strike up irrelevant questions to the current campaign.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 28th August 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #144
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Tbf, they've handled every interview about Camila right from the beginning really badly, imo. They've really done themselves no favours tbh. I agree at this point though, they shouldn't keep being asked about it, but they really should and could handle the situations so much more professionally, imo.

In regards to the performance, am I the only one who thought it was a mess? laugh.gif they have NO RHYTHM or connection as a group at all laugh.gif It's always been the main problem with them for me personally. I really want to stan them so much more than I do. sad.gif

But hey, at least they have bops!

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 28th August 2017, 10:10 PM
Post #145
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

The shade is amazing tho

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 28th August 2017, 10:14 PM
Post #146
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

The shade in the performance :') At first I thought one of them had fallen off the stage laugh.gif

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 28th August 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #147
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179

QUOTE(kye @ Aug 28 2017, 06:32 PM) *

and i'm a Camila fan x
This is exactly how I saw it as well the media and interviewers are constantly bringing up Camila and asking them questions about her and I think they saw this as a way of saying this is the The Group now it's time to move on from it I don't think it was meant as shade towards to Camila personally . I mean even at the VMA's Pre show an interviewer asked them if they won an award would they give one to the one that's not in the group anymore (Camila) even though Down had nothing to do with her at all .

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: 28th August 2017, 10:35 PM

+Quote this post
kye
post 28th August 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #148
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

QUOTE(troylovesmusic @ Aug 28 2017, 11:28 PM) *
This is exactly how I saw it as well the media and interviewers are constantly bringing up Camila and asking them questions about her and I think they saw this as a way of saying this is the The Group now it's time to move on from it I don't think it was meant as shade towards to Camila personally . I mean even at the VMA's Pre show an interviewer asked them if they won an award would they give one to the one that's not in the group anymore (Camila) even though Down had nothing to do with her at all .

absolutely, i found that in such bad taste and tbh reflected badly on MTV & their researchers..
i would have loved if the girls were quick enough to be like "well if you'd done your research, you'd know that Camila's not even in the video for best choreography sooo.." and he'd have been so red faced.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 28th August 2017, 10:53 PM
Post #149
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

tbh I thought them being shady was probably deliberate. Look at how much sassiness and feuds have elevated some other stars' fame and profiles. It's only very particular kinds of people that would rather everyone was professional and got along, esp in popworld where everyone is an image and not their actual selves.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 4th October 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #150
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

i'm sooooo late to this but honestly what a f***ing tune. song of the year material!

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

2 user(s) reading this thread
+ 2 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:40 AM