BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11 // Bring Back My Queens!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
PaPa Ri
post 11th May 2019, 07:25 AM
Post #21
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

Nina and Shuga's outfit were horrible. But Silky's lipsync was a complete MESS. Her wig reveal was a non-event, her hair fell on her face and her moves... girl.

Nina had a few interesting moves at least. She shouldn't have gone home. When Ru went MEH was definitely the highlight of the episode. Had I not spoiled myself I'd totally think she'd send both home.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
p a v
post 11th May 2019, 07:41 AM
Post #22
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

What a terrible lipsync from Silky. She couldn't even handle her own HAIR. I mean what the f*** was all that?! Beyond pathetic. Talking big game but really doesn't have anything to back it up. She's just loud and obnoxious. Saying oh I made this doesn't excuse it from being GOD AWFUL. I think it just means you don't have a good taste... Also she's making herself look like a saint while doing the eye rolls on camera and saying disgusting things in the confessionals.

People coming for Yvie is so hard to watch. I really hope she slays the next challenge because otherwise it's Brooke's game now.

And yeahhhhh this has become such an instagram-influenced show. All they are looking for is edge and freshness. Anything other than that is considered pedestrian and borderline unacceptable. Yes, they want to elevate queens but not everyone is a fashion girl so getting eliminated + being read for that every single week seems like a stretch.

This episode was awful which is a shame given we only have one more to go. No one likes a bad taste at the end of the meal.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 11th May 2019, 10:50 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

That may have been the worst lipsync performance ever without being asked to sashay away.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 11th May 2019, 06:21 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

The bottom two was right this week - there is no way you can defend Nina's choice of makeup on Shuga, when the challenge is clearly a makeover challenge and the goal is to have a strong family resemblance. Yvie and Scarlet clearly had that, Nina and Shuga did not. I'm gutted to see Nina go though, especially during one of the poorest lipsyncs of the season

I think on balance, Brooke Lynn is a worthy winner this week - yes, Vanjie had the best makeup/family resemblance but we've seen her and A'Keria's looks before - in fact, I'm sure A'Keria has worn that exact same gown before

In terms of drama this week, Silky's bullshitting on the runway towards Yvie was absolutely disgusting - how she can say that Yvie isn't a nice person, whilst dragging her at every single opportunity, was not on. I'm glad that Yvie managed to hold it together though. Also, A'Keria stirring the pot in the werkroom with what Scarlet said about Silky and Vanjie, then sitting back and not contributing to the discussion was BS - I would be happy to see her or any of the dreamgirls go next week

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 11th May 2019, 08:43 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

Where did that Honey Davenport come from? ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 11th May 2019, 09:31 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

QUOTE(Oliver @ May 11 2019, 09:25 PM) *
These are the types of episodes in TV shows that make me not want to watch anymore.

Might as well use this as it's the exact situation this time... rolleyes.gif

It was a pretty bad lipsync but my god Nina did better than Silky.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 11th May 2019, 10:34 PM
Post #27
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

if she had to lipsync she was MUTHAf***IN READY

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th May 2019, 11:18 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I've rewatched the lipsync and I'm mad all over again ffs

Like Nina was not great, and I wouldn't have blamed Ru at all if she just said they can both sashay away and brought back another queen or whatever, but it really just does feel like Silky got to stay because Ru has already decided she's gonna be a finalist. She legit just walked back and forth, and clearly didn't know the words so kept doing things that made sure she didn't have to just face them and lipsync the words. If Nina or Scarlett or Shuga had done that, Ru would have stopped the lipsync and made them start again Valentina style, I don't know how Silky got away with it AND stayed... Nina was awkward but at least she kind of tried, even if she ended up looking like an anaemic drunk aunt at a wedding laugh.gif It's made me dislike Silky even more, like you know what if she had slayed that lipsync I'd give her the credit but to talk so much game and do.... that to a TLC song we've waited so long to see a lipsync of... Girl.

I think this is the biggest waste of a great lipsync song ever, at least nearly on the level of Dax/Laila's I Will Survive drama.gif

The drama would have been incredible too if we got an Yvie vs Silky lipsync to culminate their rivalry and Yvie absolutely demolished Silky, that would have been an iconic elimination and set up the reunion etc. too for some beef.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 12th May 2019, 10:08 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

The heart of Season 11

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 12th May 2019, 10:42 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Also did anyone else find the way RuPaul just said "meh" make it come across like he low key just doesn't give a shit about the show at all. I've noticed he really hasn't been in it or cared as much as previous series.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 12th May 2019, 03:22 PM
Post #31
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

I was in a deep youtube loop last night where I was watching a video that explains how drag race has become too relient on shock value and eliminating a fan favourite in episode 11 is a classic tactic for them now (see Dela, Katya, Cracker and now Nina) and they also tend to go on to win Miss C anyway... it's actually ridiculous smh

it also explains how the winner tends to be someone with a "growth" storyline and they'll even force that on queens who have been pretty much the same since day one (see Violet and Sasha for example) so I really could see them doing that with Silky.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 12th May 2019, 03:29 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The backlash would be FAR too much if it were Silky, they wouldn't risk it I don't think. I'm pretty sure it'll be Brook Lynn, at a push maybe Yvie.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 12th May 2019, 06:14 PM
Post #33
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

Yvie has arguably got worse as the series has gone on but she deserves to be in the final for her uniqueness and what she's trying to do etc, Brook is my fave but we haven't seen much of her personality which won't go in her favour but her game has been way up there since day one and she only ever maintains it so I hope she does win over silky. Akeria is just kinda there isn't she?? laugh.gif

they obviously didn't predict the Silky backlash otherwise they wouldn't be hammering her down our throats but then the finale hasn't been filmed yet right? so hopefully they use that to rectify their mistakes with her having seen the fan response kink.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 12th May 2019, 06:16 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The finale was filmed the other week so we should see some tea come in about it soon! I honestly think if it wasn't for the fan reaction online last year, Eureka would've won as well! I'm almost certain Silky won't come close, at best she'll finish 2nd to create a tenseness to those who dislike her.

+Quote this post
post 12th May 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

QUOTE(Jack @ May 12 2019, 07:16 PM) *
The finale was filmed the other week so we should see some tea come in about it soon! I honestly think if it wasn't for the fan reaction online last year, Eureka would've won as well! I'm almost certain Silky won't come close, at best she'll finish 2nd to create a tenseness to those who dislike her.

It's filming this Tuesday apparently!

+Quote this post
post 12th May 2019, 08:28 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Rihanna followed Nina West on IG! Taste! I've been reading about how Nina has raised over 2.5 million for LGBTQ+ Charities. She's such an angel.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 12th May 2019, 08:47 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

A queen supporting another queen. She will surely win Miss Congeniality? I can't think of anyone else deserving tbh!

+Quote this post
post 12th May 2019, 08:55 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Jack @ May 12 2019, 09:47 PM) *
A queen supporting another queen. She will surely win Miss Congeniality? I can't think of anyone else deserving tbh!

If it's fan voted again I think Plastique will take it due to just having the biggest fan base.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 12th May 2019, 09:10 PM
Post #39
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

omg the only other queen that I wouldn't mind taking it over Nina is Shuga but it really should be ninas, I actually got so teary watching her on untucked this week :')

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 12th May 2019, 09:11 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Didn't The Vixen win last year if it was fan voted? :') I really think it's better off being left to the queens, they know them much better than we do!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:15 AM