BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Imitation Game, Benedict Cumberbatch & Keira Knightley
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post 20th December 2014, 01:02 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"The Imitation Game" was already released in U.k. However, it will release the next week in my country. I really want to watch this movie and it seems great based on the official trailer. It has received positive reviews too. It's based on the biography "Alan Turing: The Enigma by Andrew Hodges". The film's score was composed by Desplat. Its opening box office figure is the third highest opening weekend haul for a UK film in 2014!!!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 20th December 2014, 01:29 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

This is really good. Kept me hooked all the way through which believe me isn't easy!

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 21st December 2014, 08:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

I enjoyed the film although it suffered a little because I know a lot about the subject. It is doing a lot to make Alan Turing's name better known and that has to be a good thing. My biggest criticism is the way they used his interview with the police as a narrative device. Turing never breathed a word to anybody about his work at Bletchley (not even to his mother) so there is no way he would have told the entire story to a police officer.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 23rd December 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

I'm surprised this wasn't a big box office hit (I'm speaking about US)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 6th January 2015, 01:50 AM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Just got around to seeing this and it was fantastic. The performances in particular were sensational, especially Benedict's turn as Alan! It had everything you could want in a story that most people know a lot about and how it kept you hooked and intrigued throughout the story!

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post 2nd March 2015, 10:58 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"The Imitation Game" is one of the most hype films of the last two months after receiving a total of nine nominations at the Bafta awards and was nominated for eight Oscars. The film is based on true events and it takes place in London in the period of WWII. Having seen the official trailer three months ago, I was convinced that this movie would be very good. Eventually we decided to watch it over a month ago and its result fully satisfied us. It is certainly one of the most important films of last year!
"The Imitation Game" has a very interesting scenario since it is based on the life of Alan Turing, who was a genius of his time and his achievements still have influence in our lives. Essentially, he is the man who broke the Nazis' Enigma code and he created the first computer through his "Turing machine". However, he never experienced the recognition that he should have had and it took almost fifty years from his death to become widely known for his accomplishments! "The Imitation Game" had very good directing, well-written script, excellent cinematography, masterful photography, elaborate montage and remarkable soundtrack. However, I believe that the performances are those that literally steal the show and Benedict Cumberbatch was excellent in the leading role! He deserved to be the big winner in the "Best Actor" category". Equally good was Keira Knightley, which lately she has not played in very good movies. Nevertheless, her participation in "The Imitation Game" brought her back to the right choices and she earned a nomination for the "Best Supporting Actress" category. The Norwegian Morten Tyldum undertook the directing and gave the best of himself, as the new film stands out enough from his previous job. I had seen the good enough "Headhunters" three years ago, which had received very good reviews but I think that "The Imitation Game" will always be the top film of his career. I find it very difficult or impossible for him to outshine this particular movie.
"The Imitation Game" is one of the best films of last year! It's a great production and deserved to win all the Oscar awards it was nominated for. It has had very good overall earnings - compared to the budget ($14.000.000) - so far ($180.500.000)! In case that it won many Gold Statuettes, it would intrigue even more people to go and see it in the cinemas. It has been loved by a lot of people and it has already been one of the 250 best films of IMDb based on the rating by its users. Luckily, it was appreciated by the American Film Academy because there is always a front runner which goes home without receiving any awards. It received the Golden Statuette for "Best Adapted Screenplay".

Alexandre Desplat is a great composer! I love this :

This post has been edited by Insomnio: 3rd March 2015, 10:31 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 04:59 AM