BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 2021 hopes and predictions, what would you like to see?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Jan 7 2021, 10:28 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
So Ariana's 2020 was totally unexpected as it went from her "quiet year" to a very busy one in the end!

How do you think 2021 will pan out and what do you want to happen?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jan 7 2021, 10:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Firstly, before moving on to 2021, I just found my posts from the 2020 thread:

QUOTE(Slade @ Dec 29 2019, 11:49 AM) *
I think her latest release being called 'k bye for now (swt live)' is very telling and that it'll, deservedly, be a quiet year for her on the music front. Which is fine by me as she's given us so much recently and probably needs to disappear musically until at least 2021 for people to crave new output. I think the spotlight could potentially shine more on acting next year as Victorious turns 10 and she's been rumoured for Netflix film 'The Prom'. At the same time, the former could just be celebrated by a tweet and the latter was denied at one point. But I hope there's something more for the former as I know she's close with Liz and Matt still. I think the most I could wish for is an interview together about their time on the show. So yeah I think what I want for next year is this interview, her 'The Prom' feature to actually materialise and also a couple of high profile TV performances for Awards season, especially after the messy Grammys situation last year. Her on The Brits would be a dream!

I'm happy with no new music next year - 'k bye for now (swt live)' is the perfect parting gift.

QUOTE(Slade @ Dec 30 2019, 01:46 PM) *
Ooh yes Jordan I forgot to mention that I'd love her to win another Grammy! I think this year has been a great reminder of how strong she is vocally, from her tour (and the accompanying live album) to the whistle note in 'imagine' alone kink.gif so a repeat of last year would do me fine. Looking forward to awards season a lot!

I also forgot to mention that I hope the Sweetener tour documentary definitely does go ahead, that would be another brilliant treat for the fans!

Her perfumes have gone down well (there's at least 5 of them now so there must be some demand!!) and she was rubbing shoulders with Vogue and Givenchy this year so your final point doesn't seem too out of the question. Especially the cosmetics lane as that seems to be very on trend for celebrities right now.

...yeah I was wrong about everything except the 'Sweetener World Tour' movie finally materialising and a couple of award show performances laugh.gif although to be fair the pandemic did get in the way of some known Victorious plans like the Kids Choice Awards. She achieved two more #1s here and three in the US, plus a #1 album in both, so clearly she still did fine without a proper break. I suppose it's a parallel to Rihanna during her biggest eras when she kept releasing and smashing.

So, 2021, what I'd like to see:

- 'pov' being released as single #3, cute music video
- 'motive' being released as single #4, fun music video
- Drake and Doja Cat collabs to materialise
- At least one live performance of 'pov'
- 'positions' vinyl release

She has nothing to prove with chart positions etc. but it's a bit of fun to think about and cool to see her doing well, so I'll throw these out there, would love to see:

- '34+35' going top 5 in the U.K.
- 'pov' re-peaking in the top 10
- A #1 single in the U.K. so she could extend her streak of annual #1s to four years
- 'Santa Tell Me' finally going top 10 kink.gif

However, I'm starting to think that '34+35' is going to stall between #6 to #8 and I am a little worried that this album is going to get abandoned after it, based on track record laugh.gif her team would be mad to not push 'pov' though! I could live without anything else after that but pleeeease 'pov'. Not sure if that could get to #1 although an award show performance going viral or something would be ideal. Maybe a Drake collab would be her best shot at #1. Keeping everything crossed for the 'positions' vinyl! At the very least she'll be on our screens with that Don't Look Up movie whatever happens. Definitely won't be getting a tour this year of course although something less predictable will be her engagement, could the wedding be this year and a lowkey affair? Or maybe 2022 when the world is closer to normal and more of an event? Lots to think about laugh.gif

+ yeah 'Santa Tell Me' came sooo close to top 10 last month so c'mon 2021, let that finally happen!

Lastly - another one of her videos hitting 1 billion on YouTube this year - '7 rings' and 'no tears left to cry' look possible.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jan 22 2021, 05:53 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(Jade @ Jan 7 2021, 10:28 PM) *
- Drake and Doja Cat collabs to materialise
- '34+35' going top 5 in the U.K.

I sort of got 2 of my wishes already ohmy.gif '34+35' not only a top 5 hit but a top 3 now! Doja Cat ofc jumped on the remix so a collab but in a way I wasn't expecting laugh.gif

Drake's album has been delayed so we'll see if that speculated feature ends up happening.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:09 PM