BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nintendo Switch, March 2017
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post Mar 7 2017, 11:03 AM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
QUOTE(Melobrama @ Mar 7 2017, 09:28 AM) *
I bought a Wii U straight away and ended up barely using it so holding off on buying this for now at least.

The last Nintendo console that I actually liked was the Gamecube and now the switch. The Wii was far too gimmicky and the Wii U I just didn't get. The Switch actually seems like a proper console which I guess is one of the reasons I've been so excited about it.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Mar 7 2017, 11:24 AM
Post #22
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
I thought the Wii was a brilliant idea. The Wii U was a little pointless really, I mainly bought it to play the Mario series games but I rarely ever use it. Nintendo 64 was my favourite, it's home to my all-time favourite games too; Banjo-Kazooie.

I really miss the Official Nintendo Magazine, I haven't really heard or read that much about Switch, as I never really search for the information online, but I used to feel much more informed when I read about it in print!

This post has been edited by gooddelta: Mar 7 2017, 11:24 AM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Mar 7 2017, 01:20 PM
Post #23
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Nintendo 64 was my favourite too, definitely the console I've used the most. It's 20 years this month since it was released in Europe. ohmy.gif Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64... all incredible. wub.gif I think in all I may have had approaching 30 games for it.

I skipped the GameCube, but have a Wii & a Wii U. I bought the latter 3 years ago... I wouldn't say I regret purchasing it, but I didn't use it as much as I probably should have done to truly warrant the purchase, and I only have 4 games for it. laugh.gif Mario Kart 8 & Super Mario 3D World are both fantastic though.

As for the Switch, I'm really keen to get one, but I think I'll have to hold off until nearer Christmas time. sad.gif Breath of the Wild looks incredible, I'm itching to play it! I wish that they'd introduced more new courses to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe though, to make buying it again somewhat more worthwhile.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Mar 7 2017, 04:43 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
The Wii was good but I think Nintendo's problem usually is that they don't get that many third party games, I always seem to get their consoles for the same few franchinses - Pokemon, Mario and Zelda. The Wii was quite good for party games and stuff because of the motion controls, but there was so much shovelware chucked on for some little studio to make a quick buck as well because of it. I think the motion controls were a great idea but gimmicky is probably something I'd use to describe it at times, if tentatively. There were a lot of really good series and games that had awful Wii ports because the motion controls just didn't work... And then when games didn't use sufficient motion control they'd be slated for it laugh.gif Mario Kart Wii was absolutely essential for its period though and I did enjoy my Wii. The Wii U was just kind of the crap version, I regret buying one really laugh.gif I only got it last September as a bit of an impulse with my student loan, I only have Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed and Super Mario World 3D (as well as old Wii games from home and ones my housemates have brought) oops. All great games but the Wii U just never had that amazing defining game or anything really compelling to get one for other than the couple of Mario games really, as you could just play the original Wind Waker and Sonic is on other platforms.

As for the N64, I was more of a PS1 guy but there were solid good games on it! Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Pokemon Stadium/Snap, Majora's Mask and Ocarina Of Time are my faves. Super Mario 64 is hella overrated oops.

I kind of want a Switch but my problem is I have a PS4 for all the indie gems (for example Yooka Laylee and Snake Pass coming later this year, and the Shantae series which I got on here instead of Wii U) and Nintendo has never really been a haven for 3rd party games. So I'm holidng off on buying it until Super Mario Odyssey and the rumoured Pokemon Sun and Moon third version at least, I may get Breath Of The Wild on Wii U as a last hurrah maybe or just wait to get that too. There's the new Sonic projects as well, but they'll probably go on PS4 as well. The price of new games is ridic though, I suppose with an amazingly crafted game like Breath Of The Wild, fair, but for Mario Kart 8 without even having extra tracks or bloody Bomberman it's a bit of a pisstake. It sounds silly to get a Switch just for Pokemon Stars (I'll of course get other games) but I think if the rumour turns out to be untrue I'll hold off getting a Switch until perhaps there's some great deal sometime next year and I can get a good deal on it, like I did with my PS4.

+Quote this post
jakee
post May 31 2017, 10:24 AM
Post #25
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47
this is doing incredibly well...im actually going to get one i think and i've been out of the game (no pun) since the wii

mario kart deluxe 💕

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Oct 27 2017, 10:05 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Super Mario Odyssey is out today!

I still don't own a Switch, but I need to because this game looks incredible! 😭

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 27 2017, 10:13 AM
Post #27
Group icon
User: 13,007
Odyssey and Breath of the Wild are constantly being reviewed 10/10.

Edge did their 100 games of all time and Breath of the Wild was #1 already. I NEED A SWITCH NOW.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jan 6 2018, 06:39 PM
Post #28
Group icon
User: 13,007
Obsessed with Breath of the Wild (already named the greatest game ever) and Mario Odyssey wub.gif

Gah this console is everything.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jan 6 2018, 08:23 PM
Post #29
Group icon
I got a Switch for Christmas! wub.gif I've only played a bit of Mario Kart 8 so far, but I also have Mario Odyssey. I'm not even sure why I've not started it yet because from all the previews I've seen it looks incredible.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Jan 6 2018, 09:46 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585
I've just got my hands on a Switch a couple of days ago and I am completely in love! I've not had a proper games console since the Wii!! Loving that it can all be done handheld exactly the same as on the big screen. I've only got Sonic Forces so far (which I've nearly completed kink.gif) and I have Mario Kart on the way. Mario Odyssey is probably going to be my next purchase I think!

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Jan 6 2018, 11:48 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
I still haven’t bought one sad.gif

May have to treat myself to one this year. Although I will just wait until they’re lower in cost.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Jan 7 2018, 01:41 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585
QUOTE(Lorde @ Jan 6 2018, 11:48 PM) *
I still haven’t bought one sad.gif

May have to treat myself to one this year. Although I will just wait until they’re lower in cost.

Sadly you may be waiting some time as Nintendo very rarely drop their prices and when they do it isn't by much. I picked mine up last weekend when eBay were doing their 20% off deal so I managed to get the console for around £220.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jan 7 2018, 03:54 PM
Post #33
Group icon
^ Ooh that's a bargain, well done! ohmy.gif

I got mine via Amazon's Black Friday deal, which was for the Neon Blue/Red version + came with a physical copy of Mario Odyssey, for £279.99 overall. So essentially it was a deal that resulted in getting the game for free. wub.gif

I would have loved this red version of it: https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switc...y/11553478.html if only it had included a physical copy of Odyssey rather than just a download code.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Jan 7 2018, 04:09 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
There’s nothing worse than getting a console bundle, expecting to get the physical game, but ends up being a code! cry.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jan 7 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #35
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
I want to play Super Mario Odyssey so much but I really don't know if I can justify spending so much for a console I likely won't otherwise use much. Hmm ~~ Maybe at some point.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Jan 7 2018, 11:59 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Bré @ Jan 7 2018, 11:42 PM) *
I want to play Super Mario Odyssey so much but I really don't know if I can justify spending so much for a console I likely won't otherwise use much. Hmm ~~ Maybe at some point.

This is currently me rn!

+Quote this post
Dircadirca
post Jan 8 2018, 11:53 AM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 19,614
I just splashed on one because Odyssey FOMO has been driving me mad since it came out last year laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jan 10 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
I bought the Switch last week, finally managed to scrape together enough after saving all year and getting a bit of money for Xmas.

I got the pack direct from Nintendo with Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the carry case and two steering wheels.

It's seriously good, so slick and pretty and the most impressed I've been with a Nintendo console since the N64. The graphics are fantastic, Odyssey is mindblowing, so many clever new ideas but so familiar at the same time. Have only had time to play about 8 or 9 worlds but I'm so impressed and apparently there's so much more to the game once it finishes too.

I've also downloaded a load of demos from the online shop as I can't afford any other games for a while. Looking forward to the proper virtual console getting underway and hopefully a great line-up of games in the future.

This console has so much potential and I hope it's utilised by developers.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Jan 14 2018, 12:00 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I’m going to get this when I get paid in a couple of weeks. Where can I find the best deal?

Also, does it come with one or two controllers?

This post has been edited by cqmerqnita: Jan 14 2018, 12:07 PM

+Quote this post
Oliver
post Jan 14 2018, 12:10 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367
QUOTE(cqmerqnita @ Jan 14 2018, 12:00 PM) *
I’m going to get this when I get paid in a couple of weeks. Where can I find the best deal?

Game Deals - Buzzjack Music Forum

This offer might still be available; that specific bundle is normally £369.99. Bundles on Amazon for EITHER Zelda or Mario seem to start around £330 so I think it's a pretty good deal myself for both. happy.gif

It also comes with two controllers!

EDIT

The deal still works as I've just checked it. If you do go for it I'd get it fast, it seems to be a glitch where it thinks you're buying two Switch bundles (one with Zelda, one with Mario) but only the one Switch console is going through so you're getting the discount for both bundles. laugh.gif

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:53 AM