BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Album Closers • AF Idol, Which one would have been best for AF Idol?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Which one should have been our entry?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 
UltraCruelSummer
post 14th June 2020, 02:52 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

In a hypothetical sense that Tay was still in AF Idol, which one should have represented us in Round 13 of "Album Closers"?

Our options:
Mary's Song (Oh My My My) - (album closer Our Song was a single) - Taylor Swift standard
I Heart? - Taylor Swift Best Buy digital download deluxe
A Perfectly Good Heart - (album closer Teardrops On My Guitar was a single) - Taylor Swift Re-issue
The Best Day - (album closer Change was a single) - Fearless standard & deluxe (as the deluxe tracks were added at the start of the album, if like normal they were at the end, The Other Side of the Door would've been eligible)
Long Live - Speak Now
Haunted (Acoustic) - Speak Now iTunes Deluxe
Superman - Speak Now deluxe
Starlight - (album closer Begin Again was a single) - Red standard
Girl At Home - Red deluxe
State of Grace (acoustic) - Red digital deluxe
Clean - 1989 standard
You Are In Love - (album closer New Romantics was a single) - 1989 deluxe
New Year's Day - (possible slight argument that this was a single in America so CIWYW would bee eligible but we'll go with nah haha) - Reputation
Daylight - Lover

so many album closers as singles!!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 14th June 2020, 02:58 PM
Post #2
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

Clean

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 14th June 2020, 03:01 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

yeah I think we probs would've gone out in this round whatever, even if this was an earlier round in the competition

for what should have been our entry:
Mary's Song, I Heart, A Perfectly Good Heart - DEFINITELY NOT
The Best Day, Superman, State of Grace (acoustic), You Are In Love - NO

so that leaves Long Live, Haunted (Acoustic), Starlight, Girl at Home, Clean, New Year's Day & Daylight. I think for this round I would've opened up a public poll with these 7 options and whichever one had the most votes I'd send. Long Live/Girl At Home are borderline in the poll/in the no category. NYD I don't think would get enough votes in the poll & would come last anyway. Haunted (Acoustic) could've been a major risk that paid off, the original has fans and its a great song. Starlight is a fab pop song but I feel it would've underperformed. I think the poll would've come down to the pretty similar Clean vs Daylight and I think the latter would've been our best chance at surviving and the song we would've ended up sending so I have voted for that.

Personal preferences:
no:
14. I Heart?
13. State of Grace (acoustic)
12. Mary's Song (Oh My My My)
11. You Are In Love
10. A Perfectly Good Heart

I heart?, nope. The original SoG is one of my all time Taylor faves but the acoustic isn't great. Mary's song is bleh too. You Are In Love is cute and a good 7.5/10 but is the 2nd weakest song on 1989. A Perfectly Good Heart is cute and I do like it but is mid tier on self-titled.

really like:
9. New Year's Day
8. Haunted (acoustic)

NYD is a fab 9/10 and contains one of Tay's best lyrics and Haunted's acoustic version is stunning but I'd always go for the original first.

10/10's LOVE:
7. Clean
6. The Best Day
5. Girl At Home
4. Superman
3. Starlight
2. Daylight
1. Long Live

the way this top 7 could legit be in any order (I feel if I was to do a Taylor ranking, all of these would appear in the same bloc of 10 in my rankings hahaha). I've gone for Clean 7th as its probs the one I return to the least. The Best Day is SO cute and has such a charm to it <3 Girl At Home and Superman are two of the most UNDERRATED songs in the fanbase. One is a fabulous pop bop and the other is a country-pop BOP and both are so slept on. I'd give the edge to Superman too. Starlight took a while to hit me but once it did, it rly did. another fabulous pure pop song <3 Daylight is an utterly stunning outro. But I think I'd go with Long Live as my favourite, its so anthemic, takes you through so many emotions and the lyrics are fabulous. a sensation <3

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 14th June 2020, 03:08 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I think Superman could've worked well as an entry, so I chose that.

Clean is my favourite though wub.gif

+Quote this post
John-James
post 14th June 2020, 05:28 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,665

Long Live for both wub.gif Daylight would have been another good choice too

+Quote this post