BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC 136: 楽屋 - The Gakuya, TL Note: 'gakuya' means green room
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 29th June 2021, 08:37 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Welcome, to Séyetana, your hosting nation for the Buzzjack Song Contest 136.
Reigning champions Farc declined the opportunity to host and as Séyetana were miraculously 3rd last contest, and have never hosted a full contest before, we have been given the opportunity to take you on a journey of discovery and the forging of new narratives: victory, gnashing defeat and generally rather good music. I hope you'll join all of us.

be prepared for gratuitous East Asian languages, mediocre commentary, gamer moments, animefying countries, references to Equestria, shock twist rules, training arcs, a completely unsanctioned BJSCKO format, flags, horrific art*, and we hope, a well-run show at the end of it all.

*some of these are jokes meant to horrify you (and horrify the mods), some are my actual plans.

Important notice/feedback request
For those who aren't aware, I currently live in a timezone that is, to say the least, very unhelpful when it comes to taking part in Buzzjack events, as the majority of Buzzjack primetime, the UK evening, happens in the dead of night for me. As such I'd like to know from you guys the earliest time a results show could start for you - I'm thinking 4pm or 5pm BST but can start a little later if necessary. Also, if they are earlier, would it be better to do shows on weekends? My currently planned dates are weekdays to try and give full weekends for voting but I can switch if more people think that'd be better.

In any case, I can definitely give you one date, and that is that confirmations will open 1st July. Time TBA, but it'll probably be fairly early.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 29th June 2021, 08:40 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Coincidentally, this is also my 100th contest and therefore my anniversary entry that I think I'll be using - not sure if I can ever remember a host using that rule.

I only say think because what with the break I'm also drowning in songs I'm dying to send. I'll probably send the one I'm thinking of to complete the narrative but we'll see, nothing final yet.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 29th June 2021, 08:52 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

I'm all good with early results - 5 would be ideal if I were to nitpick.

Anyway, I have decided on my entry for this month. It's very boppy (and yes, it is Scandipop) and summery and I love it.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 29th June 2021, 08:54 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

cheer.gif

I have so many things I want to send but after achieving Top 10 with foreign language song, I'm thinking I should go for another one!!!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 29th June 2021, 09:09 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Hype! I found a potential yesterday that gives me ROSALÍA vibes. So I think I'll switch to that as the gap in regular contests means I've grown a bit tired of the potentials I already had.

As for the feedback, I finish work at 5pm on week-days so would be happy to tune into results from then on as long as I was free. Weekends I really don't mind what time!

+Quote this post
Silas
post 29th June 2021, 09:10 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I have a few interesting things on my slate. Luca‘s 4th placing in BJFest saves everyone from some Schlager-Rap for this month but not quite sure what I’m going with instead

I am fairly neutral on the timings. As far as I’m concerned it’s more important to demonstrate that it’s not just big negative Time zone differences that can host, but that it can work for positives too so that no one feels like they need to decline hosting purely on the basis of Timezone.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 29th June 2021, 10:25 AM
Post #7
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

luckily I haven't gotten bored with the song I've had as my main potential for 3 weeks so I'm most likely to pick that one <3

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 29th June 2021, 10:28 AM
Post #8
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Gosh, I have something that would probably get the host's top points tongue.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 29th June 2021, 11:21 AM
Post #9
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

I don't mind about an earlier start with results and stuff, so long as you are comfortable with the timing. wink.gif

I have announced it somewhere I believe but let's see how far this progressive trance track I'm going to send will go!

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 29th June 2021, 01:34 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

Any time for the results is fine for me.

I'm going to enter a song that I've had in mind for the last few contests but it keeps getting pipped by something else. Its time has come, maybe it will do better than I think it will.

+Quote this post
FrankLuck
post 29th June 2021, 02:38 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,284

Yaaas, so ready w00t.gif

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 29th June 2021, 03:26 PM
Post #12
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

Hype!

Am artist recycling one of my floppiest entries this month, no real reason to expect any better but can hope!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 29th June 2021, 04:20 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Thanks for hosting Iz and congrats on the 100th! If it's a weekend any time for hosting is fine, if it's a working day (Tues-Thurs) late afternoon is better, but hey go with what suits you - I always read through the pages chrnologically as if it's Live even if I miss the results as they are on a bit late for me, so it's exciting either way!

We will be going oldie again after Stronger performed Weaker. It'll either be 1968 forgotten megamelodrama or 1991 half-forgotten synthpop gem. We may lean to the better chance of qualifying... and that'll be the 90's, then smile.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 29th June 2021, 05:19 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I'd be happy with either 4 or 5 Iz, whenever suits you the most.

I'm sure I had lots of potentials about a month ago but I've completely forgotten what they all were now :/

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 29th June 2021, 06:10 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

We needed the month's break. We're back and going funky.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 29th June 2021, 06:16 PM
Post #16
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I have quite a few options, but I'm oddly leaning towards something quite Radio 2 thinking.gif (Also, I'm alright with at either of those times, it's further away from when I eat so more likely to follow!)

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 29th June 2021, 09:22 PM
Post #17
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

QUOTE(Quarantilas @ Jun 29 2021, 02:10 AM) *
I have a few interesting things on my slate. Luca‘s 4th placing in BJFest saves everyone from some Schlager-Rap for this month but not quite sure what I’m going with instead
I am fairly neutral on the timings. As far as I’m concerned it’s more important to demonstrate that it’s not just big negative Time zone differences that can host, but that it can work for positives too so that no one feels like they need to decline hosting purely on the basis of Timezone.
I didn’t even think about that with time zones, I think Iz takes the record for the host with the earliest time zone now (UTC+8)? Unless there was a poster that did earlier but I don’t remember any Australian BJSC participants other than Dexton

-

Anyway going for something darker and more trance, it will probably do horrible but I hope Brade take a liking for it tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 29th June 2021, 09:39 PM
Post #18
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Most of this year so far I've been leaving it pretty late to find entries for the contest but I happen to have built up a bit of a backlog of potentials over the last month so I'm kind of spoilt for choice for this contest and have entries to last me a few months in my back pocket. Basically all of them are instrumentals. I think there is one that I'm leaning most towards (not least because it'd be kind of fitting for an Iz hosted contest!) but I'll have a listen through all my potentials again some time before confirmations open to solidify that choice.

Excited to finally have a Séyetana hosted contest after a whole decade of participation!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 30th June 2021, 12:39 AM
Post #19
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

I was already hyped for 136 but especially now that we're having it in Séyetana *.* Early results are great for me on a weekday, not so much on a weekend but I'll likely be on vacation during final results anyway.

I have a trio of Canadian entries lined up for the next 3 contests, the first of which reminds me enough of a current hit (not too similar though) that I think it'll be quite well received.

+Quote this post
dhwe
post 30th June 2021, 05:18 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 21,384

making a comeback after being away a few months due to simply being too busy and I think I may send something that was in my personal charts last year ! I am once again appealing to the indie/alt bloc but I do think it has broader appeal for those who like r&b/pop. the act is well known in indie/alt circles so it may get vetoed and in the event that happens I have a straight up dreamy r&b track lined up so we'll see

I also have two other tracks that I'm dying to send to a contest here but have no chance in this one so basically what I'm saying is bring back UP and/or nuggets

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:57 AM