BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Oscars 2012: Who should've won?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Pick your favourite
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 
Josh!
post 13th March 2016, 08:44 AM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I'll keep all of the rounds open until we do a tie-breaker round at the end to do the final 10 so feel free to still vote in the others with the links below!

Link to Oscars 2013 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2014 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2015 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2016 voting thread

This post has been edited by Ultraviolence1989: 13th March 2016, 10:11 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 13th March 2016, 08:49 AM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

The Help (I really liked this even though it was perhaps a teeny bit long, great acting and storyline)
Brad Pitt – Moneyball (I've not seen any of these nominees but Dad bought Moneyball a while back and I will get round to watching it so by default it'll be my favourite performance when that time comes around)
Meryl Streep – The Iron Lady (I thought she was fantastic at playing a real-life character here, a convincing transformation. I also loved Viola Davis this year but Meryl was better imo)
Jonah Hill – Moneyball (Same for the Brad Pitt one, not seen any of these other nominees)
Jessica Chastain – The Help (I actually thought she was better than Octavia, the scene where she loses the baby is so sad. Melissa McCarthy is always great too so yay at her getting an Oscar nomination laugh.gif)
Woody Allen – Midnight in Paris (Quite a good little story and I remember loving it at the time, haven't seen it since it was out in cinemas though!)

I like The Help the most out of all the nominees here but also really like Midnight In Paris

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th March 2016, 10:12 AM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Picture: The Help
Actor: None, haven't seen any of them!
Actress: Viola Davis- The Help
Sup Actor: Max Von Sydow- Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close
Sup Actress: Melissa McCarthy- Bridesmaids (I did prefer Octavia and Jessica but I really can't choose between the two and Melissa was nearly as good as them so!)
Director: Martin Scorcese- Hugo

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 13th March 2016, 11:51 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I've not seen ANY of the best picture nominees! And only about 2 performances from the rest of the nominees haha.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 13th March 2016, 03:44 PM
Post #5
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Yeah, this one is before my regular movie going time laugh.gif Melissa in "Bridesmaids" is the only thing I've seen, refreshing to have a major comedy nominee. (Also seen the Swedish original of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" but not the Rooney Mara version!)

+Quote this post
Regina
post 13th March 2016, 03:56 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Jessica should have won for The Help for the reasons Josh mentioned above, that scene was just so powerful.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:50 AM